How can I fix a shoulders-forward posture?

How can I fix a shoulders-forward posture?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs&ebc=ANyPxKpt1L9ZHQC4ksHJJcYjZKqBJcOhU3r7VR-Prn7btfahecQxXe5NZzcfYjKZaM2DlxdtjQL-
youtube.com/watch?v=cwa8-voMqfY
youtube.com/watch?v=427SfVpxkUg
youtube.com/watch?v=-xA7jP0imBk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Work out your rhomboids / upper back

Don't work your chest too much

face pulls

Move your shoulders back

MORE SCOOPS FAGGOT COME ON

Door way stretch. With your biceps in line with your shoulders, walk into doorway keeping back and neck straight. Place forearms on door jam/frame vertically walk forward till you feel a stretch by the clavicle or very upper chest. Make sure posture is proper and make sure you dont lean into the doorway. Go untill you feel your balance shift backwards onto your heels then go slightly backwards from there till you feel the stretch and that your feet or directly under your head and spine.

Is it me or do a majority of the boxers and kickboxers have a shoulder forward posture and very flat look back

Ive been telling this to people for 7 years now all they tell me is "ure jelly u cant fight that well" "stop hating hes succesful"

Fucking normies im just analysing the anatomy of them and all I am doing is "hating"

They do. Boxing/kickboxing defense involves keeping your elbows tucked to your side to block body shots and gloves covering your chin, which you need to roll your shoulders forward to do effectively.

Or stand between door frame, put the opposite side of ur palms on each frame to ur side, push against the frame for about 30-45 secs like ur trying to raise ur arms like jesus, then step outside te free and ur arms will rise by themselves

You have been holding this in a while user. consider yourself absolved of this burden.

Yes because of their training develops their chest much more than their upper back and general back.
Thats a true statement,I had that look because of I did push ups, and didnt do any back exercise while I was doing boxing in highschool.
Thats a true statement you made there.

GOLEM GET YE GONE

That posture jesus christ.

stop overdoing rotator pressing momovemen, add in some facepulls, rows

Had the same problem OP. I've found that endeavoring to sit and walk having your palms on your hands facing outward gradually helps to stop the problem

Two reasons: having your shoulders forward reduces the area of your face target - same reason fighters stand somewhat side-on
Second reason is that having your shoulders forward of your torso gives you a mechanical advantage - if they're behind your torso the connection between arm and body is broken. Like if you're pushing a fridge, you put your shoulders forward of your body so you can apply your leg muscles through your skeleton
user gets it

holy shit
JUUUST

wat
old time boxers and even most boxers today that dont lift weights for looks aswell have weak chests but very strong backs.

Sadly my sitting posture isn't that much better when I'm playing vidya

Kek!

Do more strict upper back work and make a conscious effort to control your posture.

ding ding ding
it's a conscious thing
look into iyengar yoga, it's all about pulling those shoulders back and shoulder blade's down n together, feels great and makes you sexier

Kek

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LT_dFRnmdGs&ebc=ANyPxKpt1L9ZHQC4ksHJJcYjZKqBJcOhU3r7VR-Prn7btfahecQxXe5NZzcfYjKZaM2DlxdtjQL-

youtube.com/watch?v=cwa8-voMqfY
youtube.com/watch?v=427SfVpxkUg
youtube.com/watch?v=-xA7jP0imBk

Yoga balls are best balls

I had shitty posture too and fixed it. You just have to consciously do it. Every time you stand up remember to do it. It will be weird at first but for me it felt natural after about two weeks and then I didn't have to think about it anymore.

Weighted wide grip pull ups > weighted scapular pull ups > bw wide grip pull ups > bw scapular pull ups > facepulls > rear delt flyes

Seriously wide grip and scapular pull ups are the GOAT for posture.

There is no such thing as pressing too much, only pulling, too little.

For every horizontal press, you should have a horizontal pull. For every vertical press, you need a vertical pull. Floor pull (deadlift, clean, power clean) is not an adequate replacement for horizontal or vertical pulling movements,p.

The problem is people doing deadlifts thinking they dont have to row AND chin up/pull up.

Not adequat chest training, sub adequate back training

Progressively overloading the weak muscles in the imbalance (i.e. Upper pulling muscles: lower trap, rhomboids, rear delts, etc) gets you much much more effective results and in less time.

Do weighted wide grip pull ups and scapular pull ups