Boxing

Is boxing a meme? I'm already pretty fit (gym for 4.5 years) and want to either do boxing or moksha (hot yoga). Ideally I wouldn't want to lose gains from the cardio that is required with boxing and I would increase strength and endurance while learning some fighting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cBQiLh9N6kg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes one of the most popular sports of all time is a meme.

do kickboxing or muay thai

Ideally I want to look like pic related. The majority of boxers look like lanklets even though they're strong.

fighting for aesthetics is pretty dumb senpai

the whole notion that cardio will steal your gains is absolutely retarded

boxing has always had 2 divisions that are made up of very large and often very muscular men.

yet some 150lb moron thinks anything more active than just lying on a couch is going to steal his mediocre muscle development give me a fucking break. Ironically this is usually the belief of guys who are actually less developed than most boxers, including most of the lighter weight classes.

>meme
>fists considered deadly weapons by government
ok

Thanks daddy.
Here's a bonus better version of original pic. Take care of this rare gem.

Woah tiger..

>Ideally I wouldn't want to lose gains from the cardio
please describe to me the science behind cardio killing gains. I'm really fucking curious what the thought process behind this meme is

People are lazy.
They're retarded.
This is Veeky Forums.

Some dullard suggested that cardio puts you in caloric deficit thus negating your ability to grow. The bros lapped it up and a meme was born.

well, it can, if you do a lot of it and dont make up a bigger surplus because of it.

That's because people are retarded. Although a former Olympic marathon runner (can't remember his name), recently stopped due to low testosterone levels caused by the marathon running. He took up lifting shortly after.
But I doubt anyone on Veeky Forums is doing marathons.

boxing can be spiritual or better yet cathartic

i guess that is a meme in the strict sense catharsis is an emotion and expressions of emotions are memes

ergo boxing vis a vis boxcutters and eggos

Boxing will give you cool serratus anterior muscles. You'll look like a fucking fish.

The meme is simply -
>cardio burns calories
>calories are needed for gains
>therefore cardio kills gains

Caught on because people are too retarded to eat more in compensation..

>THEYYYYYYYY'RRRRE GREAT

fucking lmao

boxing is a meme

any grappling martial art would reck any striker.

Hehe xp

Grappling is so hard on your body though

striking arts are more taxing on the body than grappling arts. You have to be in peak condition to strike effectively plus you get hit alot. You can be literally fat and out of shape and still grapple effectively, you run the risk of breaking something but if you are careful it should never happen.

Next to MMA, Boxing is a real mans sport. Keep going unless you really feel you can;t do it anymore.

Maybe in BJJ its less taxing than boxing. But in judo your body is destroyed a good long session of randori. Having your body slammed into the matt over and over again kills you if you are even slightly overweight. Especially if you are taller like me (6'5")
but fuck does it feel good.
And fuck does it do worlds for your confidence and mentality

edgelord detected

> fighting for aesthetics

when you put it like that, it is indeed pretty retarded.

the science is, you eat your maintenance you would eat for weightlifting but it's not enough to give your body energy for all that jumping rope, jogging and repetitive punching, and your body starts burning it's self for energy

if you eat more it's not a problem

It's more like learning fighting and benefiting for the aesthetics that come with the exercising..

Well i think i have grown up a bit mentally, because nowadays i think that regular gym training is pretty insecure and "stupid", when you could practice a real sport, like boxing.

pls sauce

>that fucking kiss

When you get on the heavy bag don't be a faggot. It's not there for you to throw jabs and dance around like a sissy pretending it's swinging back at you. Hit hard every punch and it's a great workout. You should feel like your bones are going to break at the end. If you're getting a cardio workout you are doing it wrong.

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=cBQiLh9N6kg

>moksha (hot yoga)

Moksha is when you liberate your soul and escape from samsara, or rebirth.

>moksha (hot yoga)

what dumbfuck comes up with this shit

Why did he chimp out?

Losing gains from cardio is a meme.

niggas don't kiss niggas in public nigga

that's gay