Is a solid swimming regimen a good way to get Veeky Forums? Or is it just cardio?

Is a solid swimming regimen a good way to get Veeky Forums? Or is it just cardio?

It's cardio

swimming is cardio... cardio is many things mang- they just differ in areas of stress to your body.

If you ONLY do swimming you won't look like pic related. You will look like an actual otter, with literally 0 definition, large back/delts and big quads. You have to lift weights too.

Also the more muscular you get the harder it is to swim.

>otter
>0 definition

Pick one, newfag

I can't quite describe it but people who only do swimming don't have any definition.

Shut the fuck up you ignorant fucking cuck. We all know you started SS last month. Fuck off right back to wherever you came from.

>depends on your definition of Veeky Forums
>depends on genetics
>depends on diet

why not both?

This

HIIT works with swimming.. and getting fit involves cardio...

HE FELL FOR THE CARDIO MEME

I swim for cardio only because I find it the least boring, no other reason

That's fucking retarded.

>imploding phleps doesnt lift and is on gear

swimmers spend half their training time in the gym.
it is if you want to cut or be healthy i guess, if you're young it will have a slight positive effect on your height and frame, but supplement that shit with lifting, or better yet supplement lifting with swimming

>If you ONLY do swimming you won't look like pic related. You will look like an actual otter, with literally 0 definition, large back/delts and big quads. You have to lift weights too.
this is just bullshit

>Also the more muscular you get the harder it is to swim.
this depends on where you started.

swimming is cardio, but you will gain mucles from it. Much like cyclist have enourmous legs

hes on gear and maybe lifts once a week.
But mostly hes swimming 12km a day

Swim and train like a college level swimmer and you'll get there. Otherwise, it's just cardio.

This. When I swam we spent literally half our time working in a gym, then during winter we'd do that exclusively AND run too. It was HS, and I made it to state, but don't expect much muscle from it. You'd make more faster by weights.

Almost every athlete benefits from strength training, and every professional swimmer spends probably 5-10 hours a week in the gym. Swimming is probably cardio with little hypertrophy gains.

If I run daily, will I get better at swimming as well?
Or are they somehow different kinds of cardio?

You will be able to swim longer since you get a endurcance, but your technique won't get magically better ofc