Why do I not care about my job?

Why do I not care about my job?

Everyone I work with is roughly the same age as me but they seem to take their job seriously and switch into "work mode" the minute they come in. I literally could not give a fuck and just want to do nothing and chill, avoiding any actual work at all costs.

youre in thr wrong place brah. gtfo of there and go fulfil your potential

what do u do

Work as a porter in a hotel

same here man
trainee as a sys admin
i dont care to eat with my colleagues, i eat alone in the office

Some people are just conditioned to be wagecucks others are cloud castle builders
when I used to work I would go in do my shit and leave, would never get involved in job politics, vendettas or any other shit, people din't believe me when I told them I only knew few co-workers names

A nice hotel like Trump ones or like a double tree?

Colleagues keep asking me about my future in the industry and I'm like this is a job for tren money I'm out of here once something better comes a long

because your coworkers have to support themselves while you'll still have mummies tendies for din-din even if you get fired

Well duh lol. I work as a waiter and my brain is in sleepmode/autopilot unless its getting crowded and all guests arrive at the same time. I don't even care what my colleagues are talking about unless it's work-related.

i work my 8h, mostly more because fuck everyone leaving work before me
and i go home that is it
i don't want to get intervened with any other people at work
it's just work for me

uh how is that r9k related fag?

You weren't raised right, you entitled shit.

This
/Thread

That's another good point, all the office drama, I don't even know everyones names. Pretty sure I'm the one that they gossip about too.

You've had everything handed to you your whole life most likely and never been held accountable for anything. If you dick off at work what's the consequence? Mommy and Daddy will provide tendies for you.

Quit whining like a little bitch.

so your just a lazy ass bitch huh

Explain?

I ain't whining, just telling OP that i'm feeling the same way

Fucking lazy ass who has had only hand outs.

There's just a bunch of shills in this thread.

Spotted the "rise and grind" instagram motivational meme crew.

You realise you get paid the same as your colleagues who work half as hard right?

>Implying they aren't neets like you

You know that nothing better comes along on its own though right? Are you actually doing anything to find a better job? Dead end low entry jobs are full of people whove been working 10+ years waiting for someting better to come along. And if you cant even be arsed to care and do your job as well as you could eventhough its some simple low entry shit, why on earth would anyone ever promote you? I know my words will be lost on you and most of Veeky Forums, but on the off chance theh wont, get real man. You sound delusional. Nothing better comes along for people like you so start trying or actually make an effort to find something else.

People need 3 things to be happy and invested.

1) They must feel like a common citizen, and be secure from unexpected misfortunes and so feel protected by the state.

2) They must feel useful in the short term, in as far as use has an objective meaning, and

3) They must feel like a cog, that is furthering something greater than themselves as part of a cohesive effort of their peers.

Which one(s) are you missing?

Like most americans I feel completely detached from my community and the future of my society.

I take the work mode thing too seriously.
I honestly couldn't interact with people on more than a professional basis if I tried. All these nurses keep trying to chat with me, but I can't even be bothered learning their names.

Then the solution must be to attain meaning, onr way or another.

The artist or poet enjoys a rare ease in this regard, as many creatives do not rely on the opinions or support of others for their work. For the rest, meaning is much harder to come by.

It is not something that can be prescribed, although some common examples may be listed.

Parenthood is a profligate binder of men, as is local politics. Competition or emnity has powered humanity though centuries or hardship, as has the rarer but more virtuous goal of selfimprovement. Considering the context, you may be interested in taking up training for an amateur powerlifting or bodybuilding competition, or some other fitness oriented pursuit.

This will fufill the second condition.

The third condition is much more elusive, in as much it is not so much under your control but of the oligarchs of the society you reside in. Studying a subject you have passion for in your free time may "tide you over" throughout the work day may suffice, or alternatively you could throw yourself into your work with a hope of catching some kind of long term investment into your employer's future.

It is not something that is easy to provide with only a skin's depth of contextual knowledge available.

And what about the people who here nothing back from places they apply to for meaningful work?

when you concentrate the time goes faster

Are you a trust fund baby? I am but I work & I just go in not giving a fuck

>Why do I not care about my job?
Um, maybe because YOU WORK AT A FUCKING HOTEL. People on this board, i sware on me mum.

Then is not the successful application to a job your goal?

Can't you work towards a successful job interview with studying and careful thought?

If you truly have an interest in meaningful work then I am sure you can extract a certain motivation from the pursuit of it, although it may not always be easily grasped.

This is true

I work with computers, desk job mainly. Headphones in, listen to my favourite songs or if I'm trying to concentrate more, calm shit. Like today I was listening to Skyrims exploration soundtrack which helped me block out distractions.

Also when someone wants something I just add it to my notepad list of things to do, once it's done cross it off the list. Keeps me productive and always having something to do.

Gymming on my lunch break too. Get about an hour workout which is on the shorter side but still get stuff done.

>hate my fucking job
>need it because it pays more than my last one and I need to get some fucking bills paid off
>I liked my last job and after being here I realized the grass isn't always greener
>hate or dislike a majority of my co workers
>only a couple I actually like on a personal and work related level
>a couple more I like from a work standpoint or personal level. Not both.
>still do my job and more often than not do more than expected but i do extra and never mention it to anyone because i don't need to swing my dick around and brag about working
>still get a bad review from my boss saying "I need to contribute more around here" while at least half the other employees don't even do the bare minimum for their jobs but are great ass kissers and are all buddy buddy with my boss
>this place destroys my will to live
>think about calling in sick almost every morning
>only 7ish more months until I have shit paid off and can leave

Kill me.

I really don't agree with this list.

At my job some of the people i work with are completely invested, they just completely give it everything they've got
it's like they've got Stockholm syndrome

The owner/boss couldn't give less of a shit
he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire
I shit you not, he doesn't even treat you like you're a person
in every situation possible i have seen thus far where he can screw somebody over or take advantage of them, he has.

i'm 99% sure they're violating a few workplace laws with the lack of breaks and not paying proper overtime

only reason i'm still there is i get insanely cheap car parts and tools, and it's 5 minutes from my house

but fuck sake, there's people that have been working here for 10 years
what the flying fuck is wrong with people

the pay is shit, the hours are long, and there is no opportunity for advancement

i've got another month of this place in me at most

I had some plans and dreams and things in mind that i would like to do when i was jobless but i had no money. Ever since i started working again i don't want to pursue my plans anymore and when i have day off i just sit in front of my pc watching fitness related videos on youtube. Everything seems pointless when you have to work in a shitty place and for shitty money every day.

youre absolutely right. why did I let vagina kill my spirit...

thanks for that.

every time i see pics like OPs i start contemplating my existence

You just have a breakup bruh? I just broke up with my girl yesterday . Feel pretty shitty, but honestly kinda good in a way idk. I never thought I'd feel this way about a woman again. So at least I know I'm not a complete robot

Maybe he's a student working while he's studying. Not everyone has a fucking career already

Most raises and promotions these days hardly keep pace with cost of living. The name of the game is to jump ship as often as possible. They don't give a shit about you, why should you give a shit about them.

They preach team play and we're all in this together until some dude realizes they can save a bit of money by slashing jobs.

I miss the days of tfw gf and walking in to see this

fugg Xd

I'm the asshole girls talk about. I enjoy the chase but in this context I enjoy job applications and getting the job. I never stayed anywhere longer than a month. I'm 24 now

You are in the wrong type of company user. The company culture of "hard working, focused, and loyal", individuals does not suit your personality or work ethic. Normally the hiring manager or HRM will deduce this during the hiring process and not put you in this position, but it looks like you slipped through the cracks.

>I'm the Director of Human Resources for my company
>You have a toxic personality and work ethic

It's well known that wageslaving kills any motivation you have.

Not him but I can usually get through those interviews fine, and I work hard because it makes the day go faster. But why would you ever feel loyalty for a company like that?

probably right about toxic personality. i had that as well when wageslaving. maybe you can work for yourself?

In my opinion if you do anything you should do it the best you can

Worked retail for 4 years, I'm so done with this shit. Help bros. What jobs don't suck?

Also this is why people like me will always be better than people than you, and in turn make more money. I will be your boss, and I will get the raise over you. It doesn't matter if you're a food wageslave or a CEO. Do your best and be the best. It's a matter of personal integrity.

Why you delete my comments

Sounds like jew propaganda.

They're just playing the game user, more than likely they don't care either, but looking like you care gets you noticed by the managers so you get promoted to better paying jobs

The ones where you have to be especially gifted.

Nothing is more toxic than HR people though ;)

Always smug idiots, always SJW, shit talkers who pretend they know of you and your work even though they had to look at their papers to figure out what your name was.

what do you do?

I just became a mailman I haven't started but it seems mostly independent of any human interaction with co-workers or "customers". I enjoyed being a grillman at Wendy's when I was 16 because my performance was based off of obtainable goals that I could actually control 90% of the time.

I fucking hated being bitched at for sales numbers in a dead store for $8 an hour.

On the flipside my girlfriend also worked at Wendy's and Best Buy she hated both jobs but works at Verizon now making $45k-$50k she still hates it but she gets paid for performance and shes a 7/10 girl so old men swoon over her.

Another option is distribution center work. I worked in large freezer driving around a pallet jack. I had to stack boxes ranging from 5-75lbs above my 6' 2'' head. Again you're based off your performance and you'll never have to worry about cardio again. The cons are hours suck ass but I was making $19/hr.

I know this feeling man.
After working my ass off for 3 years at a company, I got beat out for a promotion by a guy who doesn't do half the work I do, plus I usually have to fix his shit anyway. So I just stopped helping him, and started playing phones games for 4 hours a day. He was fired last week for fucking up another project.

Yes let me work hard for minimum wage
Yes let me be loyal to a company who would cut my job in an instant if it saved them money

Oh don't worry I certainly 'look' like I'm working hard from an outside perspective. I do the tasks I'm supposed to do and tuck my shirt in when I see the manager coming, but you better believe I'm secretly cutting every corner I can and sitting down every chance I get.

what ez job can I breeze through bros?

I just want to talk to people while working and make $$$

female autism or feminism. I never thought of it that way honestly....you learn something new every day

Same shit senpai
I'm a host a Red Lob and every worker there takes it to damn seriously. All the servers and stuff are pretty young, but have no education, so it's important to them. I'm getting my masters in Oceanography, and it wouldn't effect me one bit if I got fired, I only work for extra spending cash

>I'm a host a Red Lob
>I'm getting my masters in Oceanography

mehehehe

Shit, never even realized that

I feel the same way, except I'm in the late stages of training to be a doctor.

The second I walk out my front door in the morning I just hate my life.

Im a student too, i work part time logistics. Because i care, try and do a good job my contract got extended and most likely will last me through all of college on top of relevant training for free and possibility of work after college. My point was that if you actually try and make best of things, it usually is rewarding, literally not in some bullshit spiritual sense. But i expected my words to be lost on Veeky Forums and op, they always are. Honestly the opinions presented in this thread paint a depressing picture of you all.

Comes on you guys, stop complaining about your jobs and be like the others. After all, you don't want to be a... whiny, ungrateful bitch, do you?

Sounds like my job. In my case, I realize that I'm addicted to the adrenaline that it gives me even though everything about it is awful and degrading.

Because you're smart enough to actually see through the sham that is work culture.

Protip: no one wants to fucking be there. They go into work mode as a survival strategy because their brains are running on overdrive, so getting 'into gear' is how they push through without wanting to off themselves. When I work, I go into it half awake, I don't drink coffee because that'll make me wig out and I just operate on autopilot pretty much.

Don't feel bad for wanting to do nothing, no one really does.

>I'm too smart to be motivated. I see through all this bullshit.
Protip: every 17 year old thinks this way. You aren't special.

>suck it up and pull yourself by the bootstraps
>ur nothing special man

Hello miserable wagecuck. Hard day at the office?

>come in motivated
>sloths that were hired bring you down and demotivate you
>these sloths are the ones that usually have a shit eating grin and suck ass like theres no tomorrow

fuck you HR

you hired these fucks.

Where to girls like this exist.

How do you meet them.

How do they become someones gf.

Why is it that some people get to have a gf like this and can walk in on them in that position on a daily basis like it's normal.

Every 17 year old is correct to think that way, and have to be brainwashed to think otherwise.

You cannot be "too smart" to be motivated. I don't know where anybody would get this idea.

In the context of this discussion, not everybody gets motivation from their jobs. At best, they will be looking forward to payday, but then that's it.

> working as filthy gaijin english teacher
> start at 8~ finish at 3~
> get paid enough to travel around japan a bit, eat well and train
> lift, train martial arts, fuck gf and do a part-time degree in my free time

> mates in corporate gigs
> work 12+ hours
> constantly bitching about office politics and getting goid money but no time to do anything with it
> a few are on corporate soccer teams, most are just getting fat

Enjoying your job trumps money, m8s

I'm in the same boat as you, mate. I quit a lucrative, but stressful career in corporate auditing in New York to become a park ranger in Montana.

It was the worst financial decision I've ever made, since I received a massive pay cut (128,00 down to $39,000), but it was actually a great lifestyle change for myself.
>moved out of a cramped office into the beautiful northern wilderness
>stopped working with cranky low-test accountants, started working with grizzled Clint Eastwood types
>stopped crunching numbers, started hunting animals

I have a nice little balance for myself actually. My work, which I enjoy keeps me happy. The low cost of living in Montana, helps me live a good life as opposed to New York. I've applied everything I've learned about investing maintained a healthy investment portfolio.

The worst thing, though, is the lack of qt girls in Montana. Fuck.

I worked in PR. The industry is fucking disgusting so I bailed.

Yet you'll be the first ones calling the 17 year olds saying hey come and do our dirty work so we can be degenerates

What a joke.

So you like the job though? Wait...you have to hunt animals. Why? Aren't you suppose to be protecting them?

he probably hunts apex predators u fuckwit

Spend all my time getting paid to start up my own shit and build connections.

Meanwhile I get promotions over my dumb fuck ass kissing co-workers while not giving a fuck and never ever doing overtime.

Tip top KEK

Whats an apex predator? It sounds like a pretty fun job.

You didnt get to the fun part yet. Heres a tip. Make sure you get some nice lip gloss and some panty liners for your underwear. Youre gonna need em the way youre headed

wow what a nice fitness related thread

apex predators are things that dont get eaten by other things

>aka not ur moms pussy

sorry man. not willing to get raped so i dont get eaten. I'd gladly accept death for my eternal father and watch the rest of you struggle on down here for eternity :)

I've noticed that the ones who are the most motivated at work (not counting those with the really good jobs) are the ones with families. Their motivation is literally making money to support their wife and kids, and they know that when they go home they'll have dinner ready, little brats clinging to them, a show to watch on Netflix with the wife, and maybe some sexy time before bed.

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the hardest workers I've met are stoners. They could be the laziest fucks outside of work but 9-5 they work their ass off. Dunno why, maybe it's cuz they need the money to pay for weed or because they want a challenge to feel like they deserve the weed as a reward

I can hardly find a job that I want that pays over $10 an hour. I have no aspirations in life, I just want to work and get paid so that I can save, invest, and retire.

What type of career suits me, /fit? I have a useless Business Management degree.

I didn't explain myself earlier. Hunting is only a part of my job. Most of it is indeed conservation and taking survey of the land.

Every once in awhile, we'll have to enforce wildlife population control. The deer, for instance, are way out of line. Their numbers have gotten out of control, which in turn affects the ecosystem. They are also an economic problem, since they graze on farmland. They are also a public safety concern, since they have a tendency to jump in front of motorists.

This mentions nothing of Montana's wild pig population. Those bastards have no business here, and they are twice as problematic as deer. Pigs are also scary.

We have also seen animals with a fatal degenerative brain disease. Mostly moose. They will amble around like zombies, moving around in jerking movements, and making low guttural sounds. A pitiful sight. It is our job to put them out of their misery.

There is also the very rare case of wolves and bears with rabies. Rabid animals are a danger to other animals and humans. We've had to take them out.

28 year old NEET reporting in. Never worked a day in my life.

This thread makes me feel really comfy.

No idea, man. I have a job at one of the top companies in my industry. Random people will become excited and ask me lots of questions about what it's like at said company when they find out where I work.

It's so boring. I browse the web most of the day because I don't care. The only thing I like to do is flirt with my coworker. I'm gonna jump ship around the end of my second year, just like every other company I've worked at. Luckily I'm way better at interviews than I am at working.

Maintenance at a processing plant. It's not so bad if you have the tools, parts, equipment, and some guidance to do your job properly. When you are supplied with virtually none of this it blows.

Good. Fuck that asshole. I'm pretty sure the other maintenance guy at my job throws me under the bus all the time. He's lazy as fuck and somehow gets away with doing almost nothing every day. I basically keep this place running. I almost want them to cut my pay so I will leave or fire me or something and see what happens to that place.

Sauce

you should at least give it a try, it's even sweeter when you know what you're missing

and who knows, you might even like it

kek