/plg/

Reminder to not respond or start tripfag drama. This is a powerlifting thread.

powerliftinggeneral.com/

youtube.com/user/powerliftingtv/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/TwJqOClk
battleship-game.org/en/id42355707
youtu.be/UTvtdgT6nGU
youtube.com/watch?v=J3o50OVnOz0
youtube.com/watch?v=-q3CTfHSBTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

USA USA USA

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. WE HAVENT REACHED BUMP LIMIT IN THE LAST THREAD

>bulked up way too hard on a weekend trip
fuck sake didnt plan to cut before like april next year but guess ill have to

How did it go so wrong for our boys?

I didn't watch but from the discussion it sounds like hubris and lack of ability to recover and adjust

>I didn't watch
Why the fuck are you even on /plg/? It's on the IPF youtube, you can watch it right now, what are you waiting for?

I'll get around to it

>I didn't watch
I only watched highlights.

Powerlifting isn't a great spectator sport unless you're in the meet, or have a friend in the meet.

Also (repeating because I'm proud), I was paying more attention to a fried of mine who hit 2044 in wraps at 220 in the Chicago Expo. Also, it's worth mentioning, he's 36 years old, and a great father to his many children.

Given, he's clearly not "natty", but I found it very entertaining, nonetheless.

Worlds frustrated me. They need to dress it up a bit. It seems so sterile, but unprofessional. Pay some god-damned spotters.

Josh is an idiot. He has the same injury as attwood. Attwood attacked his injury with rehab though and destroyed Josh's total, while he cried on YouTube and went to some voodo chiro faggot.

>I didn't watch
it was hype as fuck, even after fucking up squats he almost was able to take it back with the last deadlift but couldnt lock it out

at least when gibbs lost he got second
poor screamer threw away 1st place for 4th, that fucking feel

>Powerlifting isn't a great spectator sport unless you're in the meet, or have a friend in the meet.
kind of agree, but when you are backing someone and youve got other people backing someone else, and you are all watching it together AND then lifts are fairly similar, it is pretty good Tbh

>Pay some god-damned spotters.
at world level definately i think this should be done
i just knew blaha was making a video as soon as i saw the 120 canadian doing a dance out of the rack

CHEST TO BAR ROWS WHO'S WITH ME

>if someone injures their back, it's the same injury!!

Moron

>comparing a junior lifter to an open lifter

Moron

Nice calves

How do you row 2pl8?
I can do 1 2pl8 Pendlay row

But if I want to rep it I have to go as low as 1pl8

You should take a day off sometime
All this shitposting every day has to wear you down
Give yourself a break senpai, I'm sure someone will be willing to take over for a day or so

I'm not rowing 2pl8 to chest though. I'm sure I could but it would be cheated

Everything I said is an objective fact, meanwhile you're taking everything said to heart like a 16 year old girl

Maybe it's time for you to take a break from Veeky Forums

Lads I'm not even that other guy from last thread but I could stand to lose about 15-20 lbs, my cholesterol numbers are not great, and my conditioning is truly in the shitter. Is there anyway to shoehorn some actual hard conditioning into Sheiko? Or would Juggernaut be less retarded? Or something else?

I know I'm trying to "build muscle, lose fat, get bigger, get leaner, get stronger, get faster" like an asshole but what's the smart way to go about this?

5'10 195, 385/250/430

I know this is far from big, but I definitely have fat I don't need and with my family heart history this is something I need to be taking more seriously than my hobbies.

Swimming.

>powerlifters are constantly going on about specificity and how important it is
>decide to screw around and start benching 4x a week
>Monday, low-arch touch-n-go close-grip
>Wednesday, incline DB
>Friday, wide-grip high-arch pause bench, essentially simulating comp bench
>Saturday, spoto press

>bench press numbers skyrocket
I-is specificity a meme too?

I go to a hole-in-the-wall PL/WL place for $23/mo. and am generally a massive poorfag. I did go swimming and canoeing this weekend though and it was a great time.

>I-is specificity a meme too?
Sometimes. For some people, the bench-press responds to more bodybuilder style training (high reps, low specificity, etc.), possibly because of the high recovery rate of the muscles? Who knows :(

Whereas the squat seems to like high-specificity and frequency of competition movement.

Hopefully CERN figures it out for us in the near future.

im not going to say either way but you ( i guessing) added in more pressing than you were doing, with likely more frequency for pressing movements
you obviously made gains
would your gains have also went up if you done this increased frequency and volume of pressing in comp style bench? likely

im not against variations btw

I FORGOT TO PUT THE VINGEGAR ON MY CHICKEN

AND ITS TOO LATE BECAUSE I ALREADY COVERED IT IN THE BAKED BEANS

I went ahead and put the vinegar on the baked beans

They both have L5-S1 dysfunction. I thought Josh was going in to open this year. Coulda been wrong on that one then. If he's a junior just disregard him then I guess too.

>He has the same injury
Yeah, and one flesh wound is like all others, and you have the same genetics and ability to recover as everyone else, which is why you hold an open record in the IPF, right?

Psst chess guy.

isnt there a way to get trt prescribed from your doctor or is that only for old people

Still mad that Gibbs lost.

I took the meme bait and stopped rowing. Now I do chhins

Thanks a lot

lichess.org/TwJqOClk

Lads come on

Dumbo

Play with the cards you're dealt lads
It'd illegally or nothing

Wrong josh has multiple herniated discs not just one like Atwood, the location of said hernia is also different
Josh was competing junior as well so you were literally wrong about everything in your posts so do us all a favour and delete them instead of spreading misinformation

I'm in.

This is bullshit
Their site doesn't work on my phone because it's saying nobody's in

Brb let me find another game

In for memeing

Same! Fucking poo.

I like both desu. Rows are fun because you can use a lot of weight. Chins are fun because you get to have 20-25 lbs dangling off your dick

Nice calves

Is trappy here?

pls respond

Get a second hand bike and ride it everywhere. You'll be a thicc cunt on a bike but it'll soon start sorting you out

I want to lift topless aswell REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Cholesterol

Get some pumpkin seed oil and that in your diet as well. Good fats are good for cholesterol

Try this

Depends desu.

The doctors in my country are VERY reluctant to put anyone on trt. I have multiple symptoms, very low energy being one of them, with the blood work to go with it. I've talked to two doctors about this, both of whom told me there was nothing to worry about even though it was the lowest it could possibly be while still being within a normal range and that trt would be completely unnecessary(going to a fertility clinic in August though, where I'll probably will be taken a little more serious). Doctors in almost any other country are supposedly way less reluctant though, so I would just get some blood work and ask.

tl;dr: just talk to your doctor.

In

>Fucking love battlships

You in?

post vid of a you doing a jefferson deadlift pls

Yeah

darn but im not a rulebreaker

you in murica?

Next time. 250 was not easy

>250
Tried to say 205/455 and got em both wrong

Glorious finish tho there boardie. One day I may?

youtu.be/UTvtdgT6nGU
5pl8 hack squat. More meme webm to come

Nope, Norwegian.

You should be pretty well off if you're American though. From what I've gathered, as long as you're legit low test, even within the normal range, and it's affecting your quality of life in a negative way, you should be good to go.

benis

I'm having back surgery for a pinched nerve next week lads, can anyone with experience please tell me it's gonna be alright

does lack of gains despite trying harder count as affecting my quality of life

Bootiful

It does to me.

SO BOARDSHORTS MEMEING IS OKAY

BUT WHEN I JEFFERSON MEME IM CANCER

hey, how long did it take you to squat 5 pl8? basically how long have you been strength training?

You're not in the game are you?

Thinking I might want to make a troll thread with my Webm. What do you guys think? Last troll thread went swimmingly

>when da user roasts your life

That's what you get for destroying my ships

It says I'm waiting for opponent still.

Topkek joined the game and I thought he as you lol

I'll invite you in 2 minutes when I destory his ships

>WHEN I JEFFERSON MEME IM CANCER

Boardshorts actually posted a lift. It was fun to watch.

Do you post any lifts that are fun to watch? Or do you just type in all caps until everyone gets mad at you?

ye

This time tell me if its your typing in chat lmao

Also I beat topkek HABE IT BE KNOWN

>that butt action
Looks off from this angle (but I'm sure it isn't)

I THOUGHT EVERYONE EJOYED MY KIND WORDS

Lele i was waiting like a little lemon

>Rate my taco

Getting up early tomorrow for lifting and work. Might go for 5am, get an hour of writing then go to the gym.

THE OFFICIAL FUNNIEST PEOPLE IN /PLG/ POWER RANKINGS

1. SEAN
2. BOARDSHORTS
3. BENCHBRO

NO ONE ELSE IS FFUNNY

(Disclaimer: I am not Sean)

Mind posting the Klokov stretching webm? The one you posted kinda recently. Yesterday or so I think

>is specificity a meme too?
Imho yes, at least outside of comp prep.
Variations are still considered specific tho, unlike isolations.

This one?

In 4 boardshorts being the funniest and most entertaining trip

Just how flexible is this fuck?

That's the one yeah, really mirin his flexibility

Deadlifts looking much better than they felt lads

Using a 300kg max :^)

My best is (still) only 287.5

>my max for 5x3
>while being a dead end
god damn it lads i'm officially a dead end i give up

I am 30kg heavier than you

Btw I do the same with your bench

Nice set.

Your eyes were barely even popping out. Made it look like an 8 RPE :)

yes boardshorts and sean are interchangable depending on the day with benchbro in dead last

having some trouble getting deadlift programming right, currently I'm doing rdl 3x5 and deadlift 1x5 per week.

I need more deadlift volume, what should I do to add volume but not overtrain?

Change dl day to 5x3 or 3x5? Keep 1x5 dl and switch rdl's to 5x5 dl? 3x5 or 5x3 dl twice a week?

What has worked for you guys? My numbers are decent 180/120/180 (kg) but my dl has always lacked and lived vicariously through improving my squat. It's getting more out of proportion though, so I've cut back on squats to make more room for dl/hamstring work

How does it feel knowing that Leeman diddylifted 700 pounds when he was 17?

youtube.com/watch?v=J3o50OVnOz0

:(

>what should I do to add volume but not overtrain?

IMO, a good way to add volume is to try a singles-only progression. You reset each rep, which improves the lift skill. When you're doing multi-rep sets, you have to be careful not to let form degrade to a point to where the lift isn't effective anymore.

Regardless, more volume is the answer. An RDL or SLDL day is good for lighter hypertrophy, then try using the table attached to program more volume.

Ex: 2-day routine, plus a LIGHT day of RDL or SLDL with traditional sets/reps.
youtube.com/watch?v=-q3CTfHSBTg

Fine, because he was on drugs. At that age I was doing 550 @ 200 anyway.

Thanks senpai. Maybe sheiko will actually work for me. I'll keep you posted when I do my next non-forklift meet (october)

i imagine that might kill my lumbar