So are the leg weights a real thing?

So are the leg weights a real thing?

I wanna be like Lee.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GYysLFru7u8
youtube.com/watch?v=R7DPp59fsYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes they are a real thing but no you won't become like Lee. You'll just end up injuring yourself.

Living constantly with heightened gravity would be better if it were possible.

>Is anime real?
I don't know, you tell me, moron.

They are real but unfortunately they don't work as well as just being fat, so half the goofballs on this board make themselves fat to gain fat strength before slimming down again.

>tfw you won't be able to train with King Kai in 10x gravity

Wouldnt that make you shorter ?

I'm short when I fuck your mom

just stand on your head then you'll be taller since you're upside down you will grow the opposite way

for inspiration
youtube.com/watch?v=GYysLFru7u8

youtube.com/watch?v=R7DPp59fsYg

how can I go about buying some? I've never seen any in fitness shops and Ive never bought these things online (I assume shipping is expensive on weights).

And I don't mean be like Lee as in physically, I just mean personality-wise. He's good inspiration for self-improvement.

>tfw 5'4
I can't get any shorter, that's why I'm going for the Bruce Lee build rather than buling up and getting R I P P E D

anyway I think leg weights might be a good idea for when I'm doing cardio, or just while I walk around house.

reminder to check out the Naruto general on Veeky Forums

if you're tired of not being allowed to talk about Naruto on /a/ that is

as for leg weights they genuinely sound like a neat idea but I've never heard of anyone using them.

what's the danger of getting injured?

I tried it once and got shin splints. Had to rest for a few months before I could start running again.

Knee/shin problems. Trust me, as much as I want to do Lee's training it just isn't good for a body without chakra

dont put on leg weights until you are able to run an entire mile without stopping.time should be about 6-7 minutes and you shouldn't be super tired.

But would you argue it's realistic, or is it as problematic as say?

I agree with And I'd say it's safe as long as you start with very low weight and keep it tight.

Leg weights are real, but they're pretty retarded in almost every application.

For running, the impact your gait which fucks up your joints. For kicking (lol) you're effectively changing your range of motion in order to compensate for the change in moment force.

The only thing they're really only good for is things like leg raises where it is difficult to use weights with reliable stability during the movements.

Otherwise, don't kid yourself and stop watching such shit tier animu

it is realisic but it wont improve as much as you think

Might be unrealistic, but Lee's a good role model to have. Keep going user!

A guy I went to school with who was semi-pro at taekwondo (he was aiming to make the olympics) used to wear them. No idea if they're legit or not though.

>nothing that is represented in fiction also exists in reality

fuck man, it was ten years ago that I watched this shit

where did all the time go

NO.

if you are going to wear any weighted clothing then at least make it a weighted vest. If you run around in leg weights you are likely going to end up injured. If you don't get injured the gains you make will be negligible.

Why do think professional athletes don't run around with arm / leg weights?

This guys got the right idea, short term may not be anything but you're going to eventually screw up your hips and knees.

admittedly I don't have experience with this, but it's prtty obvious that you'd want the weights as low as possible to avoid injuries while running. It's basic lever physics, the higher up the weights are the easier it is to slip / lose balance.

But yeah putting weights on your ankles might not be the best idea. Again not experienced but you could pull a muscle or something.

The great thing about running is that you can increase the resistance by running faster. You don't need any kind of meme anime exercise that makes you seem like a jackass, just run faster and you'll not only get better results but also a lot safer

Do things actually work?

these things*

Fukkin lol

yes

also don't forget to run with your hands behind your back for the aerodynamics and do 100 push ups 100 squats 1000km 100000dicks in your ass every single day I fucking hate /a/

nice.

They're a real thing. So are torn ligaments and tendons.

/a/ hates Naruto. See