Retarded but Useful Exercises

ITT: you post exercises that make everybody look at you, and if you're a DYEL doing the exercise you'd get laughed at but bigbros would inspire some DYEL's/Gymbros to try the exercise .

Ill with the Barbell Hip thrust. What goes through normies mind when they see a guy barbell hip thrusts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pNaqjlxJF_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this shit would be one of my favourite exercises except it fucking hurts unless you use a pussy pad or mat under the bar. even then i feel it pressing against my bladder which is thoroughly unpleasant.

what gives? do you have to be fat to do these without pain?

just use the pussy mad or a mat bruv, its the only way I can do it too but I dont feel it on my bladder either way. Maybe you're not properly putting it on your pelvis?

Im 5'7" 160 so not fat

Stupid commercial gym doesn't have a GHR station so I have to look like a retard doing them on the lat pulldown station at least it's being used for something useful I guess. youtube.com/watch?v=pNaqjlxJF_0

pls dont be dyel, because id definitely laugh if I saw a DYEL doing this at my gym

Currently skinny fat if you have any better ways to make my deadlift go up outside of just deadlifting more I'm open to any option

I followed Rippetoes school of thought for just squatting and deadlifting and my deadlift went up fine and pretty much only had limits from my failing grip. I added Hip thrusts for better glute gains and better glute activation during squats though so I do understand GHR would be great for better leg activation during deadlifts.

Let it hurt, let it hurt so good.

RDL
GHR
Perfect form
And make sure no secondary groups are holding you back.

Old people at my gym are always amazed when I deadlift

Thanks I'll make sure to through in rdl once I finish up my current program.

Overhead carries. I work out in a strongman gym so I do overhead yoke carries and even most of the strongman competitors think it looks retarded. But holy shit does it help train your entire core.

I should really start doing these.

What % of DL should I set them to?

I do these and get looks sometimes

that's because it's both retarded and useless.

A swole personal trainer told me to tho ;_;

start with 1 pl8 and keep adding 20 pounds until you find your 7 rep max then do 3x8 with a bit less weight
>falling for pt's

So I can't just calculate it from DL or anything? I like having set weights for everything

>autism

dude, a personal trainer is not out there to help you meet your goals. he's there to keep you coming back to the gym. if you listen to your average pt, you will never get fit.

I mean you could but its better you get a feel for the motion and dont fuck yourself up by going too high.

Mine was roughly 60-70 of my 1x5 deadlift max for 3x8

Ok that sounds good

also make sure to use a pad (yoga or pussy pad), and be careful to make sure the bench youre leaning on is secure as it might get pushed back if there isn't enough static friction

Most pts have no idea what they're talking about

ultimate ab workout. Neckbearded NEETs laugh at any core exercise but I do more core workouts than anything since I do muay thai and you need to be able to take a kick/knee

Basically anything that isn't one of the "standard" compound lifts will get you some shit on Veeky Forums, not that it matters because most people here are fucking stupid.

Do hip thrusts actually have any carryover to squats or dls?

have you tried learning some iron body techniques? the basics are pretty easy.

yes, particularly deadlifts. it helps you lock out with more ease.

I started doing dumbbell farmer's walks to help with my grip strength for DLs and I get all sorts of weird looks. The rec center I use only has 1 barbell so I have to stick with 100 lb dumbbells. I guess I could load up two EZ bars instead.

I've noticed a carryover, On Squats because I was TOO quad dominant on my squats to the point I had pains in my quads at the bottom of the motion. I think they helped a bit in deadlifts since the "lockout" is the same motion between the two aswell as working out your back.

I just want juicy glutes though so even if it had no carryover id do them tbqh. Good for Posture and Activation for the muscles too

Pretty much all neck exercises look retarded but they're absolutely essential if you play contact sports, plus a thick neck improves aesthetics

Yes, the have a carryover to pretty much every other sport too

>"Don't listen to the people who are trained, certified, and paid to give you workout advice; take it from anonymous NEETs on chinese cartoon forums!"
are you serious dude?

what are some basic neck exercises that are safe to do? I don't fuck with the neck because I am not trying to go on a one-way trip to snap city

literally everyone does them with a barbell pad, it's not like squats

Giving blowjobs to the guys in the sauna.

if you'd ever go to the gym you'd know from your own observations the PT's give out trash routines

lol i made this thread 4 years ago pretty crazy pham

roided pt's are trash but I've managed to actually find a good one and build a friendship with him. Homie lets me use his equipment if he's training someone else while I'm working out.

neck curls

I go to a real gym. Not planet fitness, not 24 hour fitness, not some McGym that you signed up for because it was the cheapest shit you could find. Maybe if you ponied up more NEETbux on your gym subscription you'd be at a nice spot making actual gains.

actually, the pt will know exactly what he's talking about. unfortunately, he's there to keep you coming back to the gym not to see you make impressive gains. for example, my old pt had me doing lunges and lots of isolation exercises and only increasing weight when he said so. after a year, i lost maybe 10 lbs and no real increase in performance or definition. i dropped him and his routine, switched to exclusively free weights and compounds. gained the 10 lbs back and at least an additional 10. got way stronger than before and noticed considerable increase in performance regardless of the sport i played, volleyball, soccer, anything that involved running. heck, i even saw hints of abs. never listening to a pt ever again.

>good goy spend $30 a month to go to a gym that offers no advantage in equipment with mkuch less cardio bunnies too
I think ill stay at my $10 a month youfit that has qt3.14s all over the place to give me test boosts
good on you user, all of the ones in my gym are trash. Good pt's are the minority from what i've seen
plus if they gave a simple routine people would realize they didnt need to pay for that shit

me again. i will say, my old pt gave good cardio advice. resistance training was shit, but his cardio advice was pretty good. but then i rediscovered my old sprinting routine from high school was better and less time consuming.

i learned my lesson the hard way. when it comes to weight training, i learned more from Veeky Forums than my old pt. fuck personal trainers man.

I have not heard of this, the hand-hardening stuff seems interesting enough for me to check out though

Checked those juicy quints baybay

Google isometric neck exercises, most people's necks are weak as fuck so do those exercises for a month before moving on to body weight exercises like neck bridges, once you're proficient at them you can buy a pendulum of shame and use it to do weighted neck curls, I've seen wrestlers do them with lmao6plate

It's not unless you plan to be incapable of doing anything involving fine motor skills beyond 50

try that barbell hip thrust with one foot off the floor, looks goofy, but new level of hard

Number one of all time: Hack squat, I love doing it just because of all the smug looks DYELs shoot me.

Less looks now that I do them right after a heavy deadlift session, guess because it confirms that I know the difference.

this doesnt look healthy for the knees at all

why do hack squats

Deadlifts.
Most retarded and questionably useful.

>are strong glutes useful for deadlifts and squats?

It helps keep you lower spine an neutral position you goober

just because something is hard doesnt mean its good

Love ab wheel rollouts, definitely my favorite core workout.

Quiiiiints noice

I assume they train in some form of ground fighting martial art as weighted hip thrusts are a great practice for getting a fat cunt off you when your on bottom in a fight

barbell hip-thrusts and the ab wheel both look like stupid meme exercises but are actually p good

>just because something is hard doesnt mean its good

That's what she said

YOu mean hyperextension station?

Lifting weights and dropping them