Qtddtot

Other one has hit bump limit

Still can't do a single pull up. The first half of the movement is easy, but i can't hit lock out. Which muscle group should i target for this? lats or biceps more?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LMUWEmwzVo4
bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just started turning my life around. Was previously a skinny that realized I was approaching skinnyfat and I decided it's time I wasn't a piece of shit and actually looked good for a change.

I'm 6'2' and currently weight 175 pounds (79.3kg) I don't have any fat sticking out (such as a belly or moobs) but I can tell if I don't change my lifestyle I'm well on my way to being a piece of shit.

I cut out soda almost entirely, where as I was downing almost a liter to 2 liters a day, I've almost completely cut it out and am down to about a glass a day, slowly turning into every other day, then once in a while, ect. While I used to have fast food for breakfast and lunch every day, I've gone cold turkey and am instead having granola breakfast bars and making PB and J with supplies in my office.

Got me a gym membership a mile from my apartment, and 5 days a week (weds and sundays are resting days) I run the mile to the gym, do SS and then walk home (working up to jogging home).

If I want to maintain my body weight, but lose my fat and gain muscle (IE: I'm trying to get more muscle, but I'm not trying to get BIG). Do I maintain the standard caloric intake for my bodyweight? Or do I need a deficit to lose the weight that is obviously fat, and then gain it back through protein/good diet and exercise?

And on a secon side note, my core strength is fuckawful. Doing inclined sit-ups but if I add weight to modify the exersize, it's something pathetic like a 10 pound weight that I'm too embarrassed to do in the gym. What can I do to strengthen my core strength so I can bridge the gap a little and not feel so shitty?

And I'm sorry, I didn't mean to link your post.

I know fuck and all, but I do remember reading in either SS or the sticky that you can have a buddy hold your feet to support you a bit. I also know gyms have that machine you put your knees on that kinda assists pull-ups and chin-ups. Maybe use that and have it take 10-20 pounds off so you can work up?

Does your gym have an assisted pull up machine?

Read the sticky at the top of the page. It answers all your questions.

Deficit will lose your fat, and then proper maintenance will help with muscle.

I'm 5ft 7in @ 206lbs

How can I lose lots of fat and get gains in 6 days

Ah, I re-read the diet section I see I misunderstood.

So even if I'm at my goal weight, I still need to cut calories. Got it.

Is it counterproductive to try and gain muscle mass and also get into cycling/running? I enjoy cardio and want to keep a good amount of it in my life but I have read many conflicting things about endurance-type sports interfering with gaining mass and strength.

If you eat enough (a lot) of the right food it's possible to succeed in both, right? Or is it just a choice I'll have to make? It'd be ideal to be well-rounded and fit as fuck.

why is it that i'm more interested in effeminate males and traps than girls after lifting and browsing Veeky Forums for a certain amount of time

i'm not into muscular men so it can't be that Veeky Forums itself made me gay

I just got a weight bench off of CL for $50 and I'm pretty stoked. It came with 1' bar, lat pulldown attachment, and two 25 lb plates.

>Where can I buy cheap weights for the 1' bar?

Is CL going to be cheapest or is it worth it to buy at a store?

Check if you have a 'reset' button somewhere on you. There was one on my Sega as a kid that worked when the screen got all blurry and fucked up.

do y'all eat your greek yogurt plain or flavored? i've been eating flavored for forever but i just today noticed that it's got ass loads of sugar.

No. Lots of athletes train both mass and condition.
The belief that cardio kills gains is mostly based on bro-science. The only interference is that doing that much physical activity is very exhausting, particularly for beginners, which makes a lot of them quit early.

I never feel sore from the back extensions/glute-ham/roman chair stuff.

I know those exercises lack an eccentric movement for the most part, and that's probably why.

My question is, does lack of eccentric movement = less hypertrophy?

plain.

just add fruit, honey or museli to it

That's what I assumed, there seems to be a lot of athletes that can accomplish both.

I keep reading about things like catabolic states due to long-distance activities, is this also broscience or is it something that is countered by fueling during long exercises?

plain like pic related, but with blueberries, strawberries, and granola for them macros

youtube.com/watch?v=LMUWEmwzVo4

form check

cant get a side angle with this setup

i look like I lean to my toes but dunno if anything else is bad

progress is 95 -> 175lbs after 6weeks of SS. I think this is my 3rd 165 set

Do YMCAs normally have good gym facilities?

If you can only digest and absorb 30g of protein in a sitting. How does IF work?

Yes! The one I used to go to was superb, if a bit cramped by treadmills. Even had a pool and basketball court for me to do agility exercises. I moved to a smaller, more freeweights oriented gym recently and it's pretty damn good, I see no reason to go back to the YMCA except for the basketball court and the fee is less (30 bucks a month from what i remember)

Ok, thanks for the info. Deciding on a first gym is a little daunting for me.

Do you do back extension weighted? Those always get me sore in the lower back area

Do either lat pull downs or assisted pull ups. Your lats are probably what's lacking the most

Need a scale that functions accurate but won't brake bank... suggestions?

Hello fit, I just finished my first real cut and while i lost around 25 pounds in two months, I realized that my thighs had packed on a lot of mass relative to the rest of my body. As I bulk up I fear that I will only make it worse. It's not that I have especially muscular legs, and I estimate i'm around 12% body fat.

Will this look better as I get more muscular legs? Is this shit genetics? I'm thinking of starting HIIT to mix it up, will this help?

Women really don't seem to like big traps. Most women say that a guy with big traps is "too big" and "not attractive". I notice it's usually the tipping point between "very attractive" and "mmm... he's too big, kinda gross :("

Is this true, and at what point do you cross the line?

Watch how wide your stance is. Try to keep your toes facing straight forward and keep your knees from going too far over your toes.

best folding exercise bike? I'm 5' 9".

Is there any good alternative to squats? My new time for workout is he only I can do and the squatracks are nearly always full. I wouldn't mind waiting if these fucks weren't doing their entire work out at the squatracks, we only have 4 of em too.

There are days where I have the most diamond hard on and can cum like a fountain and others where it's kinda eh and the jizz just spits out
What can I do to make it more the former rather than the latter?

does it help constantly sucking in your built fat gut 24/7 to burn calories?

Can a man have high sexdrive for the opposite sex and low test level at the same time? Is such a thing possible?

I need to know this too. I tried kegels but I really need anything I can get I never spurt like I used too and it's really kinda sad.

Like I miss almost hitting myself in the eye and getting it all over my cheek and lips after it shoots over my shoulder.

the first question I have is probably broscience, but I'm curious anyway...

I've heard inconsistent remarks about growing calves and other small muscles of the like, and one such thing was that more consistent, endurance like exercises with continuous contraction will grow calves better than other such workouts (for example running up hills on tiptoes or jumping rope.) Is this true?

Next, has to do with mobility and joints than with muscles. I'm not sure if it was just overall soreness, but I went hard for my latest exercise and was sore for the next week, which was unusual, but even stranger was the feeling that most of the tension/soreness was around my joints than my muscles themselves, can anyone explain this, or offer some preventative measures?

Thanks in advance.

Is this a good up if I want to start SS? Is it worth the 13$?

how about dont jerk off 7 times a-day

just go a week or two without jerking it, eating healthy and taking vitamins if you want and youll be fine

nah the app sux

if u pirate the book u can buy it to support rip though i guess

google ss excel spreadsheet and use that + form vids on youtbue and the book

2 little 2 late bruh

its fine to use as a planner if you're set up to use it

i do deadlift on bench day and theres no way to arrange the scheduling like that so it just pissed me off to the point where I dont use it

You can buy the fucking book on Amazon for less you faggot

I got some pain in my knees after my last set of squats. Do I need to deload/work on form?

Does amino acid supplement powder even have any kind of effect? Or is it just some god damn scam shoved my way so faggots can sit at home and laugh at me while farting on my money while I take some home for my "gainz"?
Also if this is absolute shit and doesn't do crap, what should I be taking that actually does something for me? Whether it be vitamins or other supplements?

Frank Zane has said that taking very high doses of amino acids is very beneficial

myfitnesspal says i have 900 calories left (and said that i burned 745 calories playing casual rugby. they didnt have that so i used casual soccer instead. does that sound right either way?)

im trying to lose weight but should i still eat like a peanut butter sandwich or something? i went to the gym today too and dont want to lose any gains.

Lats.

You won't think they are getting worked until your at the last few and you start to feel your lats tense around your spine near the top.

Slower is better. Keep shoulders tight.

When cutting I dont even put in exercise, that way im 100 % sure I stay below my TDEE.

With one glass of soda a day and pb and j sandwiches you still get waaay to much sugar, try to cut out all thw added sugars from your diet.

Cardio wont melt your gainz.

The only reason people on this boars spout thag nonsense is becaude they dont like cardio be ause it takes actual effort.

Do cardio its great for your health.

Do not add honey, that way you are still earing those sugars, add fruit instead.

So this ones a little complicated, just looking for general opinion.

Stats: 6 foot tall male.
Current weight: 135 lb
Goal body: pic related

I started cutting in January, and cut down from 183. I feel great, best I've ever looked, etc.

Eventually, I got into a routine that works for me and heres what I do near every day:

Average BMR: ~1600
Average TDEE: ~1900 without factoring in exercise

IF at 6 on 18 off.
Two meals and a snack in that six hours.
Fasting Cardio (HIIT, Bodyweight, Plyo, Cardio, Calisthenics) 6-8 hours after last calorie.

Ending Day Macros:
Calories: 700-750
Protein: 36 grams
Carbs: 129 grams
Fat: 3 grams
Sugar: 73 grams

So, near the middle of the day recently, I've been getting pretty hungry. Don't know why all of a sudden, but I am. Might be the suagr buzz from the sugar I put in my coffee in the morning. Been thinking about switching to stevia but thats another story. Figured it might be good to add some extra protein in there, especially on days I'm doing a bodyweight heavy routine.

So, what do you guys think? Here are my options:

1. Protein scoop in water. 110 calories 26 grams protein. It tastes fine, but I finish it so quick it doesnt feel substantial.

2. Can of tuna. 120 calories 13 grams of protein. Not as much bang for my buck but I fucking love tuna. Put some hot sauce on it, I can eat it right out of the can.

3. An Egg. 70 calories, 6 grams of protein. More even but two is basically the same as tuna. Like eggs fine, but when I was fat I could put away 6 of them at a time so it always feels wierd eating just one or two.

4. Something I haven't even thought of. I eat chicken breast for dinner so I dont wanna eat that twice in one day.

Recommendations? Do I even need it? Should I go with veggies instead?

>what are football players

I know how many calories i burn a day but how do i find out how many pounds i lose a week if i do "x"

A pound of fat on your body is equivalent to 3500 calories.

So, caloric deficit for the day times seven divided by 3500 is how many pounds youll approx lose in a week.

Just started SS. Is it possible that my bench starting weight is only 5 kg under squat's? I have a really weak chest btw

Thanks

So i take my tdee, subtract food calories and add the calories i burn?

Keep in mind this is approx. You can have little fluctuations from stuff like sodium or did you shit etc. And TDEE is never 100% accurate but:

TDEE (includes BMR+Daily E+Excercise)=A
Total calories consumed throughout day= B

A-B=C (your daily caloric deficit)

C Monday+ C Tuesday + C Wednesday + C Thursday +C Friday+ C Saturday + C Sunday= D (Your weekly caloric deficit)

D divided by 3500+ Approx how many pounds you can expect to lose that week.

If you could only absorb 30g of protein in a single sitting, how did the Inuits survive? they had a primarily carnivorous diet, lots more than 30g in a sitting. That 30g thing is just broscience.

IF works because if you don't eat until a certain time of day, you only have so much time left to stuff your face, so you end up eating less total.

My testicles have gotten bigger since I started lifting. Is this normal?

Yeah, when you're new to the movements your weights will be all kinds of fucked up. They'll level off soon enough. Your squat goes up every time you do it (3x) a week, so it'll go up faster in due time.
My deadlift was like double my squat when I started because of my ape arms and no legs.

Thanks, i should burn 6.5 pounds a week

No problem, user.

What exercises other than lat pull-downs can I work into my workout if I want to be able to do atleast a singular pull-up.

Also any exercises to boost my chin-ups would be appreciated

Today I started SS. I know it's not that important where you start, but I think they are pretty shitty:

Without the bar (used the same bar for all the lifts):
Squat 55 lbs
Bench 44 lbs
Deadlift 66 lbs

The bar was around 2 m long, don't know the weight.
Is it so bad?

I have a pt session tomorrow. She will ask what I want to achieve from this.

I will want to be taught about free weights, bar, etc. Is that a sensible thing to ask for?

I'm worried she will only teach me machines.

Also I found quite challenging to dlift 66 lbs + bar. Don't know if I should lower the weight.

Is 6kg gains in 5 months of bulking too much to be all lean mass? I started lifting at 73kg, now 79kg.

You can cut off your legs

I like barbell hack squats

Depends,
>If you can do chinups fine but can't do pullups then it's biceps.

>If you fail both its either lats or technique you need to work on.

You cannot ever get 'too big' for the average woman if you aren't on gear and aren't fat.

But my advice to you is to simply get the body you want and find a woman who agrees that it's the best body.

Don't settle for any woman, find one you're compatible with.

Bumpolo

standard bar weighs 45 pounds. As long as it's the long one that fits on a squat rack/bench press.

I'm not sure how you managed to get those numbers for bench and squat, as plates shouldn't be able to add up to those numbers...

Don't worry about where you start, as long as it's hard, you feel yourself breaking through limits you'll improve. Sadly there are no shortcuts, so its either work up from the shit weight or just give up,.

In my gym the weights are
1.25 kg
2.5 kg
5, 10 and 20 kg

I used 2.5 and 5 mostly and then translated them in lbs because Veeky Forums usually uses lbs

Broke my fucking forearm like six weeks ago. 4 weeks in all pain is gone and i can move my arm freely without any Problems except for the usual stiffness.

However I lost like 4-5kg due to not eating and lifting and my former broken arm lost greatly in size, while I lost some mass overall as well.

How long could it take to get back to full strenght and even size when i start to lift again in a few days? Gonna take off 10-20kg depending on lift and gonna start from there again with 3500cal, creatine and high Protein.

What is proper protein intake while cutting ?
Sources range from 1g/lb of LBM to 1.4g/lb of Body weight. Please clarify

I usually go 1g per lb of bodyweight. Worked well till now.

you only eat 750 calories a day? and are wondering why you're hungry?

if you're paying her, tell her exactly what you want to learn senpai

I just get 3 free sessions. So I need to maximise the chance.

But it's more aimed at just getting noobies in there. So that's why I worry she will just stick me on machines. It's easier to teach.

It makes sense for calves to be trained by ultra high endurance stuff, seing as they are used for walking and running, which we used to do a lot of. Genetics do play a role, as different calf inserts can really screw with your growth. I like to do lots of standing calf raises, and I'm going to start incline running soon

You may have slightly off form, or you could just be lifting too heavy too quickly. Try a deaload, cut about 20% off your lift and work your way up again. That helped for me.

when squatting lowbar, how important is the "down and back" thing instead of "sitting down"?

Is it okay to do HIIT cycling and steady state back to back for 6 days a week? I'm overweight but I do have the energy to do this, but will this be overly taxing on my body to the point where I could get injured?

Why's this board gone to complete shit over the last few weeks?

Admittedly I've only been coming here for like a year for routine and diet advice and shit but I don't remember there being this many "feel threads", threads dedicated to pics of chubby girls, various pictures of animals with like 150 people saying hello ratto or whatever the fuck

Has something happened?

bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

I started lifting this week but I was doing swimming before
Would it be ok if I swim on my rest days?
(I'm trying to prioritize hypertrophy)
Also I like to swim on my lifting days

How can i include HIIT in my strength routine? I do Cardio after lifting every day for 20 minutes with at least 145 heart rate.

a
bench 3x5
ohp 5x5 light
Lat raise
CG bench or pushdown / ezbar skulls
cable crossovers

b
squat 3x5
snatch dl 3x5
Chin ups

c
OHP 3x5
Bench 5x5 lighter
lat raise
Incline DB bench
Front raise

d
squat 3x5
deadlift 1x5
Chin ups

Thinking of killing myself. Also just started SS. Any advice on both?

high school is out for summer

STATS
>5'9" (176cm)
>140 lbs (65kg)
>Lifting for 6 months
>Eating 2600kcal/day (and sadly binge once every two weeks)
>STILL LOSING WEIGHT

HOW THE FUCK DO I START MAKING GAINS WHAT THE FUCK I MEAN 2600KCAL IS ALREADY WAY ABOVE MY TDEE.
Please give me a daily kcal number to aim for, don't point me to a calorie calculator, I've tried enough of them already.

PS: Ex-fat, that's why "eat moar" is an incredibly difficult thing to do without fear of lovehandles instantly returning.

Add around 100 kcals per week, measure your weight every week. No tdee calculator can give you the exact number, you have to learn by yourself by trying. When you start maintaining weight, you found your tdee. Increase from there.

Time to invest in a proper scale then

>tfw already bought a foodscale and my family fitshames me
>huehue i fatshame them in return

So I'm about to go from skinny to something.

I want to have photos of my current body so that down the line I can see how far I have progressed.

What shots should I have?

"Why can't you support what I'm doing instead of trying to make me feel bad about it?"
Watch them sperg as guilt and insecurities overflow them

And all I heard when trying that angle was:
>"user we know best and we think it's not a healthy thing to obsess over ONE GRAM of meat, nobody does this"
There's no longer a point in arguing, I just do it for the bantz now

>user we made you LARD-DISH XXL
>i weigh myself a small portion in order to avoid hearing "oh so you're not eating NORMAL food?"
>hear instead "oh come on now you don't have to know the exact weight"
>smugly say "well at least I wont have to know the exact cholesterol when I'm old"
>we all proceed to eat without exchanging another word

Autism wins again.

Sorry about your sit user,

Unless you're shooting for professional bodybuilding you can start winging it after a couple of months cuz you basically know what's in stuff, and winging it at that point is good enough for "hobbybuilding". It might help save your family relationships if things start getting bad

Quark

plain. also, don't just add fruits and shit to it. last night i had a cup of yogurt with cherry tomatoes and pickled jalapenos. shit was fire

a lot of gyms have trial memberships so you can test the waters before signing up. take advantage of it