Who /martial arts for fun because self-defense is not even a consideration in a civilised country/ here?

Who /martial arts for fun because self-defense is not even a consideration in a civilised country/ here?

i box and am thinking about getting ym amateur license

I am thinking of doing martial arts, I just don't know which one to take. I don't want to do Krav Maga because I've heard it's not really even a martial art. Any one have any recommendations?

Got arm bared last night, hyper extended my elbow. Feels good love it, just after getting back from a sprained ac.... Its weird i get frustrated cause i want more training but im injured

Judo and ju-jitsu are pretty fun, taekwondo too.

I've done Judo for 8 years, Ju-jitsu for 5 and taekwondo for 1.

Result of that is fucking weird feet (when i don't wear shoes i stand all the time like pic related, so the skin as a shape), great balance, excellent reflexes, being flexible as shit.

Judo is fun as fuck. Particularly if they do a decent amount of newaza

Boxing and kickboxing here 7 years

Judo and kyokushin karate here.
I recommend trying a few martial arts out, like take a few proof lessons. It's all a personal preference imo, they're all effective and fun

Although avoid those ghetto schools (usually kickboxing/ muay tai) since they'll just try to fuck with you before anything else

preparing for the civil "wars" breh

i've got a question for /f/it: i'm currently practicing karate, have been for a while, but i'm personally too tense to do it consistently good. any advice for that?

May i interest you in some arch supports user

What martial art has the cutest girls ?

It's a self-defense combative like M.C.M.A.P or S.C.A.R.S.

>arch supports

I'm actually okay.

Stop doing pyjama dancing and start an actual karate style

Judo, bjj or tkd

Yes, it's equally as shit

Third degree black belt in tang soo do reporting in.
It's a shame I'm 180@5"9 no one even tries to fuck with me anymore.
>tfw your not the small kid who could kick their ass
>now your the big guy who no one messes with.

I used to do kickboxing. It was a lot of fun, and hard as hell. But I've dislocated my shoulder to many times, so I had to quit. Having your shoulder pop out when doing light hooks during sparring fucking sucks. And then you're sore for a month with almost no mobility.

I would try BJJ, if it wasn't for my shitty shoulder.

nice bait
>recommends judo and karate over mt/kickbox

I feel ya senpai. I used to have these random points in my life where I honestly wouldn't mind getting in a fight. No, I'm not some retard who thinks it's a good idea, I'm a pacifist really, but I craved the rush. Alas, all areas I've lived have been way too good for that. Never had a serious confrontation ever.

So now I just started boxing and I can beat on people for a while and get beaten, all in accordance with a gentleman's agreement. Shit's pretty cool.

>Kyokushin Karate

I'm jealous as fuck. Closest school to me is 2 hours away. If this is an option near you OP then I strongly recommend it

I'm with you OP. I haven't been in a fight since high school, don't see myself getting in to one.