I can run faster crouched?

So we got a speed display sign where i live.
I tried to see how fast i can run when crouched and normal
Results : normal: 32 kph; crouched: 42 kph
Is it normal that humans can run faster crouched?

this is in the top 10 most retarded posts I've ever seen on Veeky Forums, congrats op

Wtf is wrong with you?

It's stuff like this that keeps me coming back after all this time.

It is if you're a cog from Gears of War.

Oh or autistic.

Nothing

did u also have ur arms like naruto

toasting in an epic bread.

Combine this with skipping for most efficient energy expenditure = most alpha method of locomotion.

?

Tell me OP, how many running record holders run like you? None? Do you know why?

Yes it's more aerodynamical obviously you'll go faster

Dude i just tested this 1 hour ago

All I can imagine now is some person just running back and forth in front of the speed display sign. Then suddenly, you see the retard bent over, or "crouched," running.

That's 1 hour you'll never get back.

damn you are either a bait poster or a fucking retard

Made my day

short answer is no, a leaning forward slightly n be beneficial but there are also reasons not to (distribution of mass, momentum differences). there is lots of info about proper running form online and i suggest you use it unless you want to look like a slow (at running) retard. your crouch speed wasn't 42 mph btw, usain bolt runs at 44.6 and he is a league above even other olympic runners.

42kph = 26.25mph.

>that idiot who ran like naruto in HS

That was you OP, wasn't it?

I prefer to run like this op

which is still absurd. Bolt's top speed is a hair under 45km/h (NOT MPH)

OP is not a world class sprinter, the speed display sign is made of lies, everything about this thread is retarded.

Guys I noticed that I can get up the stairs a lot faster if I use my hands and feet at the same time.

Anyone tested this? Is it really faster than just running?

I found that I move faster if I roll everywhere
Just like darksouls

please tell me that guy at the end was just a dude jogging and not part of that group falling behind.

I bet you would've hit 50 km/h if you weren't wearing slippers

Someone pls screencap for fit humour threads

The fuck?
This is not Gears of war faggot

Include me in the screencap

>he doesn't run around butt naked for for max speed

Never gonna make it

Ignore the trolls and memers. You are mostly correct. I am an expert in exercise physiology, biomechanics and sports medicine.

Yes, the lumbar flexion helps you accelerate as it shifts your center of gravity forward and reduces your surface area. However you also need to keep your arms up and behind your sides to increase the aerodynamic advantage. See pic related.

Further reading:
>Otsuka, M., Ito, T., Honjo, T., & Isaka, T. (2016). Scapula behavior associates with fast sprinting in first accelerated running. SpringerPlus, 5(1), 1.
>Uetake, T., Ohtsuki, F., Tanaka, H., & Shindo, M. (1998). The vertebral curvature of sportsmen. Journal of Sports Sciences, 16(7), 621-628.
>Nagahara, R., Matsubayashi, T., Matsuo, A., & Zushi, K. (2014). Kinematics of transition during human accelerated sprinting. Biology open, 3(8), 689-699.

amazing

Actually all of them do. They come out the blocks with their heads down and in a crouched position during sprints to build up speed. They shift to upright position after hitting their max and try to maintain speed because running crouched is unnatural as fuck, painful to continue and coordinate, and only useful for buildup.

This is how I justified running like that as a kid. Less air resistance.

This.

Raising my arms got me from a 7 minute mile to just under a 6.

i believe as you were running and looking backwards for the speed limit, you ended up looking upside down through your leg gap as it is the most natural feeling when running while half prone, so you basically were looking at the number upside down and mistake 24 kph (the real speed at which you were running) for 42 kph

Include me in the screencap or lose your gains

Mfw imagining a sperg running past a speed trap sign like a fucking anime character.

AYYY

my friend has a little brother that runs like naruto. every time I see him do it I say "gotta go fast!" he's 13

>So we got a speed display sign where i live.
>I tried to see how fast i can run when holding a knife and normal
>Results : normal: 32 kph; knife: 42 kph
>Is it normal that humans can run faster with a knife?

Leaning forward allows you to accelerate more effectively. But once you reach top speed, you would fall over if you didn't stand up straight.

Look at sprinters. They start in blocks (very leaned over), accelerate (somewhat leaning), then maintain top end speed (upright).

You just accelerated better than usual, I assume.

That, or you might be a lichen.

why do you think you are supposed to hold your arms out like naruto when you run crouched? it helps you balance

The reason you run faster crouching is because you are a horse or possibly some kind of car. Humans don't just go running at 42kph.

Even so, it would balance out if OP followed through. See pic related.

He goes faster as he crouches, but it's not meant to be done in long distances (its a last resort tactic, saved for big katana fights and avoiding death) and thus he starts to slow down as his body tries to prevent damage to itself.

In doing the final step, he achieves a state in which he avoids almost all air resistance and counter acts against any friction.

>why do you think you are supposed to hold your arms out like naruto

I don't think that, which is why I didn't say it. Driving your arms is necessary to counter and transmit the force and torque of your legs to the ground.

Try sprinting with no arm drive. Doesn't work very well.

>>thinking ostriches aren't the best sprinters

You have obviously never tried. The superior aerodynamics makes up for the lack of balance. Your legs can learn to balance fine without your arms swinging.

It's really the only way to run if you're serious about your max speed

Mentally trying to tuck your torso down into a hunch or crouch while sprinting will, in most people, physically result in a slight hunch of the shoulders and a strong flexing/tightening of the core. The hunch is inconsequential, but especially in most modern people with bad habits and loose cores, the extra ab tightness will give a big boost in stability and will in fact make you sprint faster.

OP's pic is lulzy, but on a serious note, any relatively-untrained people lurking who are trying to go from nerd to athlete can actually greatly improve their speed on the field by practicing "tuck forward" as a mental queue when exploding into a sprint.

i unironically tried to do this in primary school and i fell flat on my face while everyone laughed.

If it's any consolation, they probably would have laughed regardless of whether you fell or not

Basically this. One thing that does help you run faster though is staying close to the ground by lowering your center of gravity. It's more energy efficient and effective.

Put me in the screencap too
And make THIS word big and pixelated as if it means something

Make this post look relevant in the screencap