SS or 5x5

I need a program to start with, something with good progression and puts on muscle, but I heard that SS is shit and puts you in T-rex mode. I'm also cutting so I'll ignore the 1 gallon of milk per day.. or ever.
Help me bruhs, what did you start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

spotmebro.com/starting-strength-vs-stronglifts-5x5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So you want to increase your muscles while maintaining a caloric deficit?

1g protein per 1 lb of bodymass

Not much incresing the muscle, just loweing the fat and maintaining muscle

Starting strength

spotmebro.com/starting-strength-vs-stronglifts-5x5/

Starting strength is a meme. Don't do it unless you want to look like this

I did SS and didn't end up looking like that..

Because is a joke m8, SS works.

This is why people are confused

So you want a "good progression" while maintaining muscle?

It literally does not matter which beginner program you do. They all have the same fucking 5-6 lifts organized across 3-4 days a week a with slightly varying rep/sets. Just pick one and do it. Add some curls and calf raises to it.

People should be working out instad of asking what to do.
Both programs are very similar.

SS wont put you into T-rex mode, Phase 3 of the Novice stage has Power Cleans, Chin ups, OHP and BP.
Even if you decide to do 5x5, the book is a valuable resource.

GREYSKULL GREYSKULL GREYSKULL

easily the best of the 5 rep range strength routines. guy who wrote it used to work for Mr. Rippetoe but specifically wrote greyskull because too many people were complaining about looking like shit after finishing SS

Do SS until you get to 1/2/3/4pl8 x 5.

>doing a 5x5

lmao falling for memes I see

This tbqh fama

This.

I'm a fatty on a perma-cut. I do SS, and I add chinups on the bench day and dips on the The Press day.

Just use cable machines to get more TuT and burn thus growth. Fuck functional strength if you wanna be aesthetic do machines only.

Get first phase of SS down and then decide if you want to keep going or change it for greyskull
Take the one in the trap routine thread
Also you only GOMAD if you are a spooky skeleton don't be retarded

Not a single bodybuilder who trains only on machines, only DYEL twinks

SS, Grayskull is the worst meme.

I make better gains on machines and BBers use them plenty you cuck.

5x5 with accessories (check some of SLs or add concentration curls and lat pull downs). not enough volume in SS

Still lifting babyweights I see.

Let's see your physique. You're one of those skinnyfat ego lifters that do one set of 275 bench/squat/deadlift. You look and will always look like shit.

dat projection

exactly. People spend too much time looking for the "perfect" workout, when in reality eating and sleeping properly are much more important for your gains than exercise.

Just hit all muscle groups and hit them properly
Eat, Sleep

It's not rocket science

SS is perfectly fine. Don't skimp on the pull-ups/chins to avoid "T-Rex mode". I kept the power cleans rather than substituting them for rows, but you can do whatever.