Routine rate thread

This is my PPL that I've been using for this month after stalling. Is this good for hypertrophy development while still getting strength?

Push:
3x5 bench press

3x5 incline bench press

3x5 db press

3x5 shoulder db press

3x8-12 tri pushdowns

3x8-12 tricep extension

Pull:
3x5 deadlift

2x5+ pullup/chinup

3x5 seated rows

3x5 one arm rows

3x8-12 bb curls

3x8-12 hammer curls

Legs:
3x5 squat

3x8 press

3x8-12 extensions

PPLxPPL

Adding 2.2kg or 5lbs to bench, every first PPL of the week, and 4.5kg or 10lbs to deadlifts and squats every

first PPL as well.

Remove db press you already have bp. I'd recommend replacing it with shoulder hypertrophy work after your shoulder press.

Move your db rows to before your pull ups. If you're going to failure on pullups then you will be too fatigued to get the most out of the rows.

You have quad Isolation but no hamstring isolation on leg day throw in some hamstring curls.

Also I found that PPLPPLx didn't leace enough time to recover and my lifts suffered because of this so I would recommend PPLx as it gives you the recovery needed to lift at full functionality.

Nice trips
Don't want to write this shit down but I'm doing German 10x10 training
R8 pls

I was thinking replacing the db press with extra shoulder work too. Good point on the rows too. And I've tried quad work but my legs are fucking dead by the time im done squatting so i though press and a few extensions was enough.

also PPLxPPLx cont

I have no personal experience but from what I've been told it's just not worth the abuse on your body

If your legs are that dead maybe you should take a bit more time to rest (even 30s more) between sets and I also find that people don't rest between exercises as well.

For example if you're doing heavy squats, finish your last set and then run over to the leg press and try starting immediately, you're doing an extremely similar movement using the same muscles but you haven't rested at all

Switch out extensions for Front Squats
Or if your stabilizers can't take it, narrow your feet on the leg press.
Also up your volume A LOT more on Leg press. You REALLY shouldn't go below 10 reps on leg press. 15 is generally a good range, 20 is better. But as you overload you need to push through and you'll fail to get those higher reps.
But if you drop to single digits you are using too much weight m8. If you don't agree then Tom Platz is wrong about qiadricep development, as is Branch Warren, using the leg press.

Extensions are a cop out exercise and are a warm up if anything. Also why don't you train calves.

Throw rear deltoid flys in on at least one pull day. Your chest and shoulders will thank you.

Drop thhe DB press for a fly of some kind.

Could someone rate mine? I'm an older noob, based this on GSLP. The Row/Pulldown alternates.

AxBxAxx

A:
Bench Press 2x5, 1x5+
Barbell Row / Lat Pulldown 2x5, 1x5+
Squat 2x5, 1x5+
Spider Curls 2x10, 1x10+
Myotatic Crunches 2x10, 1x10+
Cat Vomit 1x10

B:
Behind the Neck Press 2x5, 1x5+
Barbell Row / Lat Pulldown 2x5, 1x5+
Deadlift 1x5+
Incline Hammer Curls 2x10, 1x10+
Myotatic Crunches 2x10, 1x10+
Cat Vomit 1x10

What's the reasoning with the high reps on the leg press

Kind of a weird routine but it works pretty much everything I guess. In terms of additions I would recommend adding more tricep work

Thanks for the feedback. Would it be worth substituting a tricep isolation instead of the hammer curls on the B day?

Both Tom Platz and Branch Warren used steroids, that method may work for people on gear but doing that many reps on a natty will incur fatigue before overload so it's really not as effective.

I wouldn't replace anything I would just add it to either the A day or both (both might be a little too much for proper recovery). To be honest if you're still really new to resistance training I would strongly recommend an established routine over making your own.

There are very small nuances that are added into many well known routines that often go unnoticed and so when people create their own routines they are usually not as effective.

I'm doing SS cuz I'm a 6'2" 145lbs skinny fat prick.
I want abs so I'm adding some ab exercises but I'm uneducated.

Currently doing:
20x Leg lifts
2min Plank
20x Hip Thrusts (or whatever it's called lying down and hip thrusting)

My hips feel like shit, my posture is weak and I feel like I'm not reaching my potential.
Any tips brahs?

Are you trying to say volume doesn't further muscular hypertrophy more than higher intensity? Seriously?
Yes they were on Gear, but that doesn't throw volume out the window at all.
Higher reps further stimulates the muscle than a higher weight at lower reps. The latter is far more taxing on the CNS.

It isn't as effective as if OP was using gear but it's more effective for inducing hypertrophy than lower reps. Give me some science that proves otherwise

It is more effective in furthering muscular hypertroohy (gains) where as going lower in reps is more taxing on the CNS. Assuming you are at a higher weight. But, I would say you want hypertrophy on leg press and those reps because

1) Leg Press is NOT your primary motion, squats are. You will tax your CNS more for thn you need to by training for lower reps/higher weight on a non-primary motion. Hence being dead on legs your next leg day. The muscular system can take added hypertrophy and stress much better than your CNS

2) Your Quadricep is one of the largest group of simultaneously functioning muscles in your body. Because they are so much bigger than say your tricep, or the deltoids, they would require (generally) more reps to pump up and induce hypertrophy.

That's not what I'm saying, what I'm saying is that muscle growth is most easily done through overload, and both volume and intensity have their place in this. That being said, simply pumping out reps isn't the best way. I do agree he should increase the reps a bit, maybe to 3x8 or 3x10 if he really wants it up there, but 3x20 is just redundant.

Have better self esteem. Realize you are being a faggot for training just to get abs. Bulk you retard. Abs will come later. Do SS. Add those core exercises if you REALLY want but realize that you aren't getting abs from doing abs exercises as much as having lower bodyfat. Which being a twig like you are I assume you have little to no muscular development and losing fat would be pretty fucking dangerous to your health.

This is coming from someone 1 inch shorter than you that started at the same exact weight. 2.75 years later I am 185 at 12% BF

20 was at the lighter weights and as he overloads he won't be able to get 20, but the idea is to push for that high #. A lot of new guys don't really understand how to push themselves enough. So I wanted OP to really push for those reps at the increasing intensities. The reality is he isn't going to get 20 every time. But god damnit he should fight tooth and nail to fight for those reps.
Just a mind trick desu. He also needs to do more sets than 3 imo. More like 5-8

Also fix your posture. That's extremely important. Your joints will thank you.

If you wants him to learn to push himself then he can just go to failure on the last set of some isos it's kind of pointless wasting an exercise just to work on mental toughness.

What does wanting abs have to do with my self esteem?
I want to get stronger and not be a weak piece of shit but I also want to look good.
If anything it's vanity, not self esteem.

In the end it's up to OP but I'm just saying that much volume will just fatigue your legs instead of getting overload, and while you might get a slightly better burn it's not the best bang for your buck. Either way do what you think is best OP.

A
Bench press 5x5
Incline Bench 5x5
Curls 5x10
Shrugs 5x10
Deadlifts 5x1

B
Pulls ups 5x10
Chin ups 5x10
Dips 5x10
Bent over shrugs 5x10
Barbell rows 5x5

C
Cable rows 5x10
Face pulls 5x10
Tricep pull downs 5x10
Cable internal and external rotation 5x10
Lateral raise 5x10

xAxCxAB

pls r8

The problem right now is you're small but you're also skinnyfat. The quickest way to lookgood when skinny fat is actually to cut and then clean bulk, but you are already at such a low weight that you would be a literal twig if you cut right now. So I would recommend that you first stop SS for now and gain some good clean weight. You will still be skinny fat at this point but that's alright. Now you begin to cut while doing SS, and once you've finished your cut, cruise on a clean bulk and you'll 1) be stronger and 2) look better

What the hell

Yeah it's all over the place. I have injuries that prevent me from doing a lot of shit. Feel free to critique/shit talk more. Any advice is appreciated

Why shouldn't I lift while doing this?

Reconsider everything, including your life.

Where's legs? You're planning on exercising 1/2 of your body?