Diet

So, what does your diet consist of?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Nutrition.html
rpi.edu/dept/bcbp/molbiochem/MBWeb/mb1/MB1index.html
themedicalbiochemistrypage.org/index.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na+/K+-ATPase
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Almost entirely food, sometimes alcohol.

Aim for 60g fiber, 135g protein, 60g fats, 200g carbs

Not really autisitic about hitting those macros erryday

shit

Fruit till dinner, then vegan or vegetarian foods.

This Except dinner for breakfast, then fruit. Herbal tea for supper. Yes I am faggot.

Breakfast:
Walnuts/almonds/peanut butter
Seeds (Flax, chia)
Fruit (bananas, berries, orange, peaches - whatever is in the fridge)
Oats
Milk, whey
Eggs, sometimes with baked beans and toast
Cocoa
Honey
Coffee

Sometimes, not too often, grilled cheese & bacon sandwich

Lunch and dinner:
Potatoes, rice, legumes (most often beans), pasta
Chicken, minced beef, salmon rarely
Some veggies
>Raw meme
>Super high carb meme
I pity you.

>chicken, salmon, tuna, eggs
>broccoli, spinach
>rice
>cottage cheese, yogurt, milk
>random fruits
>wendy's, popeyes, taco bell
>sushi

Why?

Many people thrive on this diet.

We call them DYELs

Not everyone want to be huge friendo.

>Raw meme
>Super high carb meme
Neither, actually. Veggie food doesn't mean high carb or raw and neither does fruit.
Brb having an avocado and tomato salad with pea protein shake on the side :)

100% real foods
0 added sugars or refined/hydrogenated/transfats
Shittonnes of vegetables, 2kg a day
Lots of carbs (oats, lentils, brown rice, white/sweet potatoes)
Lots of fat (nuts, seeds, fish, dairy, eggs, cacao)
30-50g protein per meal
70g+ fiber a day
1 gallon of water, 2 cups of green tea, a cup of green rooibos, cup of chamomile+valerian+tulsi

Define "thrive"

540g carbs, 200g protons, 65g fat, 50g fiber
eat big, get big.

memes

There is a middle ground between emaciated and hueg.

Not enough fiber.
Eat your veggies user

A lot of vegans are fat. Is that your middle ground?

Livd long, normal and healthy lives.

A lot of non vegans are fat, more so than vegans.

Is that your middle ground?

>more so than vegans.
Not really

>Long
Indifferent
>Normal
Not when you avoid/aren't invited to social circumstances because you don't eat anything normal people do
Also lmao at spending all your free time on eating 10 pounds of lettuce and date burritos
>Healthy
Assuming you meet all your nutrient needs from fruit (you don't but let's say you do), you still miss out on other things. For example, your teeth might fall out because you don't condition your gums to chewing with all that soft fruit.

Chipotle
Whey
Ben&Jerry's
Cocoa Pebbles
Egg whites
Oats
Cookies

>No real food
>No 8 meals a day
Not Rich Piana enough, try harder

You are very misinformed about how a vegan diet can look.

>No real food
>eggz'n oatz

You are very bad at reading comprehension
I argue against raw, high carb and other bullshit fads, not against veganism

I'm on the drip drop diet
2 drops = 2 pounds

Apply yourself

Depends, but mostly
>vegetables
>fish
>chicken
>nuts
>fruit

1 lb no fat greek yogurt, thats my snack

and for dinner i eat a box of velveeta mixed with a pound of ground chicken and 1 to 2 steamer bags of veggies

sometimes ill have a cheeseburger for pre-dinner

but thats all, everyday

Eggs, milk, bread and whey powder lately.

I need to eat something green. Severely depressed and this was the only way I could meet my protein and calorie goals. I just don't have much of an appetite or energy to make real food.

60g of fibre what the fuck?

Alright fair enough.

Its not a fad diet I'm following, this just seems to work for me.

Its easy to bring some fruit to work, whatever floats your boat right?

No u

>Breakfast
-Cottage cheese
-Peanut butter
-Scoop of whey
-Mashed banana
-Cinnamon

>Lunch
-Chicken cooked in tbsp olive or coconut oil
-Beans or lentils
-Broccoli, spinach, or cabbage

>Dinner
-2 scoops of protein + tbsp of pb
OR
-Yogurt + pb
-Spinach salad with balsalmic vinegar

Cutting at 1,400-1,500 cal and not losing weight :(

>chia
what are you? my nigger-loving mom?

>breakfast
>500ml unflavored greek yogurt and 2 scoops

>dinner
>any roast of pork/chicken 600ish calories
>400 calorie oven-ready cauliflower cheese pack

Good cut.

Eggs, sauerkraut, mushrooms, lentils (sooo many lentils), other seasonal veggies, pork or beef to stew. Some fish once a week.

At this point I could afford to eat 'better', but this way is cheap, healthy, and easy to control and change for the odd time I eat socially (once or twice a month).
The only con is that trying to convince the gf to eat like this is a lost battle.

Chicken salad, coffee and smoothies. Also some mushroom and spinach. And oats. It's not the pinnacle of manliness but it gets the job done.

Oh, and milk as a post-wo. I don't really think about it as a food anymore, it's just the pwo.

>Cutting at 1,400-1,500 cal and not losing weight

What's your height, weight and TDEE? How long have you been cutting?

Are you male or female? Be honest.

Yep, I also eat like I'm still broke. Healthy af, honestly.

Breakfast
-handful of oats
-50grams of whey80
-Sandwich
-Coffee

Preworkout
-Banana and Coffee

Afterworkout
-Recovery mix of Creatine, Glutamine, Leucine and 40g of protein and carbs mixed into a shaker of milk

Dinner
-basically never the same:Ddd usually sum meat and potatos with salads and shit

after that I may eat some bananas and apples shit, maybe even nuts for them healthy fatties and shit

dont care that much about die but this type of diet gave me pretty good results in 1 year

opinions guys pls???

Drinking coffee before a workout gives me the runs. Anyone else?

Is that a 1 year before/after?

Lolololololol

Male, 5'9, ~160 lbs, been cutting since June, and lifting too.

I've cut lower than this, at like 1,200 cals, from 190 to 140 when I was a fat fuck.

Then I went to Spain and gained about 20 lbs, though all my clothes still fit and shit.

Macros come out to usually about 160g protein, ~100 g of carb, 50-60g of fat, 30-40g of protein, 20g of sugar

absolutely, wakes me up pretty well and makes me ready to destroy the iron :D:D:D whatever it takes

Lmao other way around bro :D

Self loathing mostly and water, lots and lots of water.

That's odd. You should be losing weight every third day or so. I don't doubt you know your shit but could you be getting extra calories from something you don't suspect? Or perhaps not enough time has passed since you returned?

It's tasty af as well, all those vegetables.
Eventually I might tire of lentils and move on to greener pastures, like... potatoes, but I can do a small cut on lentils (hitting almost 50% carbs and barely enough protein, but it works), on potatoes, rice, or pasta I'd have to eat drastically more meat.

Is it okay to grill like 30 chicken breasts and then freeze them with cooked rice & veggies to eat each day for a month?

I don't care about taste, i just want to eat healthy.

Buying in bulk is cheaper and you don't need to constantly worry about having enough protein and calories.

Alright now it makes sense. Good job, man.

Pizza 3 meals a day.
If you wanna look like chad, you gotta eat like chad.

It won't go bad, depending on the freezing process there WILL be bacterial activity, but probably not enough for food poisoning.
It will taste bad, dry and freeze burnt, I wouldn't suggest you do that.

Can't you freeze the ingredients, and cook them just for the day or week?

Maybe, but I came back 165 lbs and I have gotten it down to about ~160. It's been a trial getting back to the gym so I've only been going about 3 times per week doing something similar to 5x5 with accessory lifts while trying to build back up to my split, haven't made too many strength gains yet.

I think the only possibilities might be the peanut butter or the small amount of creatine mixed into the protein I've bought (BodyFortress). The pb because sometimes I don't exactly measure it like I do everything else but kind of eyeball a tablespoon with a normal spoon; this could be contributing, but I doubt it would add too many extra calories to constitute going over my limit.
That small amount of creatine might be causing some water retention but I drink a gallon a day so I would think most of the excess water is pissed out.

In any case I'll cut down on the pb (usually I have about 3 tbsps a day) and see if that makes any changes.

*also I meant 30-40 g of fiber, not protein

Have you introduced the creatine recently, like only in the last month?
If so, that's probably water weight, creatine makes you retain like a motherfucker.

Yeah it was in the last month, I was waiting for my next paycheck to get two of the big bottles of Gold Standard so I got some BodyFortress at Walmart just to fill in the gap.

I didn't see until after I bought it that it had small trace amounts of creatine mixed in for recovery.

The ingredients is literally just chicken breast.

It takes a while to get the grill fired up. Doing it every day just for that one chicken breast seems like too much work.

I could grill 7 of them for the coming week every week, but i don't think you're supposed to keep grilled chicken in your fridge for more than a couple of days.

Just eat less and stop drinking soda and alcohol.

bump

>thrive

Not dying is not thriving. Post your emaciated body twinkboi.

Breakfast varies depending on how much time I have:

>four to five eggs cooked in butter with some veggies
>fruit with a protein shake made with whole milk
>peanut butter on two slices of bread with some fruit
>oats with honey and cinnamon if I haven't been shopping in a while

Lunch:

>leftovers from dinner
>nothing if I'm not feeling food

Dinner:

>beans with sour cream and tortillas or tortilla chips
>beef/chicken/pork with potatoes and veggies
>some sort of stew or soup with buttered bread

eggs
oats
yogurt
protein powder
cottage cheese
chicken breast
broccoli
kidney beans
bananas
almonds
rice

this is 90% of my diet

chicken
beef
turkey
tilapia
tuna

broccoli
carrots
corn
potatoes
green beans
peas

bananas
strawberries
raisins
dried apricots
blueberries

grits
oats

almonds
pecans
walnuts
peanuts
sunflower seeds

butter
milk

whey
fish oil
vitamin d

lots of water and salt

Mainly chicken breast, like 500g everyday
Veggies sometimes frozen veggies
Cans of tuna and cottage cheese for quick meals
Eggs
Sometimes oats
Whey
Multi vitamin
Fish oil

Thats about it. I miss pizza.

>pizza
>alcohol
>dairy
>cookies
>some other things

IIFYM brehs

I freeze a months worth of chicken breast and its fine. I cook them AFTER defrosting tho. Get one of them electric hot plates its very quick and easy to grill

lots of salt? bait?
i try to avoid salt

yh i do this every week how do u think ready meals are made for the supermarkets

oatmeal and protein whey 80 in the morning ( 5:30 am )

Cottage cheese at 9pm,

Chicken and broccoli at 12.30 pm

cottage cheese at 17:00

vegetables and some meat at 20:00

22:00 cottage cheese. i've done this diet for 2 months i lost 7 Kilograms and gained much muscle tissue.

the USDA's sodium intake reccomendations are for the common person, who is sedentary. If you're active, especially if you're like me doing a 6 day/week PPL and cardio then you're very active and need to make sure your electrolytes are replenished.

it's the same as with your protein intake; unless you have kidney disease then your sodium intake doesnt matter as long as you're drinking plenty of water.

Enjoy feeling like shit all the time. 50% of the reason that I was always tired and weak as a kid and teen at home was my mom's obsession with having as little salt in everything as she could. I was salt deficiency the for years and it ducks you physically and mentally. The other 50% was the criminal lack of protein.

forgot to mention that before the 20:00 food, i went to the gym ( and i got another weigh 80 after the gym ).

sodium, potassium and calcium are the bodies 3 main ions used for voltage gating; they are extremely important for muscles to work correctly.

i don't feel like shit all the time i was just concerned with my sodium intake and water retention. after all i wont do without that sweet chilli cottage cheese

Sorry the phone's auto correct went full retard.

feel the SODIUM

water retention isn't an issue either since you're sweating it out or exhaling it. carbs will make you retain water but if you're depleting glycogen you don't need to worry much about that. if you wanna eat a lot of salt and carbs then you need to get that heart rate up and lift with intensity

What about it? what does the zodium do? also forgot to mention that i take some fruits too during the day.

cheers hopefully you will help me with my cardio ill keep this in mind

I do GOMAD without squats and more upper body push pull routine (Deadlifts as well) 4 times a week

I hope it works

I just eat whatever aside from the milk, milk is the staple the rest is random shit, chicken wings, pasta, anything my mommy makes

good luck with your meem diet

Sodium is basically salt and going over 8 grams a day is really bad for your heart and arteries

Basically heightens your stroke risk and shit

is this true? i can get up to 6g but i drink 6-9L of water to flush that shit out

Thanks, I don't see how it's a meme though, it's just milk as a staple and the rest whatever, as long as I get my calories an proteins in I can't see anything wrong with it

It all depends, if you workout then you sweat out a lot of salt anyway so there's that, I wouldn't worry unless you eat like 10+ gram every day for a long time

How much do you spend on food weekly, monthly.

How many calories you eat ?

And you can also eat more potassium to cancel the sodium out
Bananas for example

keep in mind table salt is only about half sodium, the other half is chloride which is important as well

exrx.net/Nutrition.html
rpi.edu/dept/bcbp/molbiochem/MBWeb/mb1/MB1index.html
themedicalbiochemistrypage.org/index.php

if you care to read more, these are some of my main sources for info. wikipedia is also a good resource

This has validity to it. Potassium and sodium compete, potassium will push sodium out of the cells and into the volume and eventually excreted.

potassium has about a 4:1 ratio with sodum, so make sure you're gettiing plenty of it

because u will get fat bulk at 500 over tdee

cool ill eat more sodium in future

sounds like bro-science too me

thanks i wont be adding salt though just eating more yolks and cottage cheese. quite happy to trial and error this

>sounds like bro-science too me
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Na+/K+-ATPase

not broscience

So you think Potassium canceling out Sodium is bro science but lean vs dirty bulk is "science"

Lol bro.

I don't mind the fat anyway, I want to get thick and as long as I achieve that goal it's all good, cutting comes easy to me anyway, I hate bulking.

Look the potassium vs sodium shit up, it's proven, it's basic biochemics

Breakfast
>oats mixed with non-fat greek yogurt w/ fruit on top

Lunch
>what ever meat they have at the dining hall here at my college (usually chicken/pork) w/ whatever vegetable or side they have

Dinner
>Chicken Rice

Snack/Post-workout
>Protein shake smoothie w/ almond milk

I think it comes in around 2000 calories and around 150g protein

Lunch: yogurt/peanut butter and carrots

Dinner: rice, peas, chicken. Sometimes salmon instead of chicken if I'm feeling fancy. Beer occasionally.

>Breakfast
-150g oats
-250ml milk
-peanut butter
- [fruit]

>Midmorning stuff
- 4 slices of whole bread
- 250ml milk

>Lunch
-Rice
-Beans
-Some green leaf vegetal
-some protein

>Midevening shit
-rice
-brocoli
-chicken

>Dinner
150g oats
500ml milk

I have no fucking idea what i'm doing, im just a skeleton

chicken all varieties
turkey mostly ground
fish/shellfish
beef steaks or ground
pork loins
brown rice/quinoa
all vegetables
all fruits but on occasion
potatoes/yams
onions/shallots/garlic
1% Milk
nuts
water
coffee
tea

pretty much it. I do keep a half gallon of ice cream in the freezer too for rare treats.