/owg/ /wlg/ happy lu edition

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults, bullying, and shitposting to a minimum.

>Doping news
allthingsgym.com/retests-olympic-doping-samples/
iwf.net/category/anti-doping-news/

>How to Snatch w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FYhl4P8OnCd_C2v2tjOC55X

>How to Clean & Jerk w/ Klokov
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGYKQZg-b1FaJbNrQrwYXkP0BVDKdTpPy

>Pas notes about the Chinese System
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2016/02/notes-from-china.html

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

>Everett Basic Novice Program
imgur.com/pCKsrOM
catalystathletics.com/article/131/Starter-Program-for-Catalyst-Athletics-Online-Workouts/

>Takano Example Programs [CIII, CII, CI, CMS]
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M8AqZyApAyeSx-AoX3drVwpQEAJzVDvAJsE9PKoPwZw/edit?usp=sharing

>Mobility stuff
catalystathletics.com/video/section/2/Mobility-Flexibility-Training-Prep/

>Useful videos
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

>Helpful blogs
yashathoughts.com
chinfl.blogspot.com

>Commisar's notes on the dank, zesty Meme Method (DZMM)
pastebin.com/u0jiY8sM

Other urls found in this thread:

pentupwl.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/doping/
pentupwl.wordpress.com/
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/312/2/546.full.pdf
examine.com/supplements/d-aspartic-acid/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27348309
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26663194
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25695389
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0155248
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least we still have something to look forwards to in Rio.

>I hope people will reply telling I'm also worth seeing in Rio
>I'm so lonely
>When will it end? :-(
>...
>Daddy where are you

>implying I'm going to Rio

summoning commie

Plz help me with snatch / clean positions. Im not sure if my positions are right. Any good videos / sites where they teach the positions and what to check / keep in mind?

Its right in the fucking OP bruv, in MAXIMUM russian accent.

Can I get a form check for my front squats ?

It doesn't really tell the whole story. He's not talking anything about feet position, shoulder - elbow - knee line, weight on foot etc that make the positions..

Also other question. I find it pretty weird how klokov teaches the snatch. Nobody at my oly gym is doing them like that (when he passes the knee he straightens his legs, gets to toes kinda early and then slides). Most of the lifters at my gym kinda just get fast to the power position, and from there explode brutally, and drop fast under the bar so their feet get pretty high in the air. A bit hard to explain, i hope somebody understood.

HES READY BOYS

never put the weight back in the rack like that.

umaru was best girl

Your coach has trained under a guy who isn't really even a coach?

Don't wanna be a cunt but Jon north does online programming and seminars. How did your coach 'train under' him? It sounds like your coach is using a name to sell himself. He might be a good coach but that sounds like a dodgy credential.

Also you can't really just say 'bang with hips vs slide up legs' there's a lot of lifters who slide the bar up legs and still bang the bar out and likewise a lot who's snatches come right into the hip crease without much leg contact who have a very neat and close bar path

Clean deadlift if you need positional strength for the clean. Remember the first pull is actually initiated with legs don't lift it all with your lower back or it'll feel heavy and put you on your toes

What's wrong with this kid?

he spends too much time on an armenian spit-swapping board.

Why not? Felt better than staggering 2 mini steps

I don't like the Klokov tutorial. Not only is K himself not a very good model for demonstration given his atypical set up etc, but his instructions are confusing and potentially misleading. There are some cues Klokov gives that might be helpful (MAXIMUM etc) but everything else I'd disregard.

watch taraktee

I'm not actually in the market, just giving my $.02.

fuck u den dont talk 2 me

Lu = old & busted

Tian Tao = New hotness

Will bomb

Rostami is glorious champ

sry bb :^(

They will always be dbl drgnz tgthr what're you talkin bout?

Rostami isn't going to rio.

Source pls. Why wouldn't he go they have 5 spots and hes the world record holder

Can somebody better versed in weightlifting tell me why it seems like the US hasn't had many viable candidates for placing high in weightlifting?

Lack of popularity
Lack of funding
Lack of coaching
Lack of drugs

Also lack of youth development. I guess that could play into lack of funding/ popularity too.

Because US networks don't air weightlifting so it hasn't gotten much popularity, thereby decreasing government funding for olympic athletes. I read an interview once (don't remember who or when) claimed that he got $250k funding from government while the swimmers got $2mil per athelete -but don't quote me on this, maybe I didn't understand clearly. Popularity basically, it affects everything else.

I feel like Crossfit would have made some kind of impact on that by now though considering how much of their "programming" is based around olympic lifts

Do they mostly just stick to the Crossfit games or something?

Crossfit has increased the popularity and participation yes but the average person getting into crossfit even if they're very talented is generally already in their 20s or even 30s. Maybe their kids will get into lifting early but I think there is yet to be a real surge in talent as a result yet.

Yeah, I think that its a perpetual circle... not popular, no kids=not enough results=no funding and then repeat. It's the same here in britbong

Crossfit has done a lot for the sport actually. We have more people performing the olympic lifts and competing that (dare I say) ever. The The popularity here is rising but it is hard to keep people compelled because it is not as exciting as a lot of other sports we have. The money isn't in a weightlifting competition, so Reebok and other sponsors wont put their full financial backing behind it. See Olympic lifting more as a small fish riding the current that is Crossfit for as long as it can.

usa has a shitload of athletic talent that all goes towards sports that people actually watch (meaning athlete gets paid more)

there are likely football players given dedicated oly training would do very well

football pl and crossfit are draining our talent reeee

This. If they want to live comfortably they'd go in a sport that pays more. Only those with love for the sport would do Olympic weightlifting

Anyone else here find that breaking in the Nike Romaleos was a total pain in the ass?

when you get to actual impressive weight that won't work anymore. do you ever see anyone Fsing above two plate do that? don't be an autist

What is wrong with her form trips goys??

nothing, but her boyfriend's eyebrows are awful

he looks like he's 30

he does cross fit.

I had a million dollar idea and I still do, and I am in the makes of it. It is a weightlifter wiki, primarily devoted to listing all of the great athletes in this sport, their achievements, lifting style and training methodologies. You will be able to search for weightlifters by nationality, weight class, their level, height, lifting style, methodologies, etc.

This is a project me and some others will be pursuing. If you are interested in any way, meaning if yoi want to help in any way, whether it be supplying information, helping us gather information, organizing it or forming the website, or simply wanting more information, or even if you want to follow along on the projec, you can contact me or Commisar on WeChat (we are the leaders of the project). Our IDs are "blueshoos" and "commisar9" respectively. Thank you.

If fronk is here just know that I love u

hey you guys want me to keep writing about doping?

pentupwl.wordpress.com/2016/07/01/doping/

i didnt source all the materials yet

Fronk ded.

im not even close to finishing this btw

sorry if there is grammatical mistakes i wrote on phone

???????

No he just forgot how to login.

try again
pentupwl.wordpress.com/

it will most likely be set to private again after today so i can work on it.

Assuming i just did Incline bench, and handstand push-ups would i be able to OHP a decent amount? Will my spine be able to withstand the compression? What if i squat heavy as well?

As if commie is doing this with you

I have good info to add tho my coach has a wealth of info from old russia

Interesting but surprised u mention var that's not really been a main drug of any wide doping program

doing both those exercise will most likely help but if you dont train the OHP itself it probably will go up slower.

Wada actually watch the piss come out your dick

What about injecting someone else's urine into ur bladder

i think deca is more common than var but idk

>What about injecting someone else's urine into ur bladder
i never heard this one before.
i was told by knsu team leader that some take ampules of something before drug testing tho

good idea

wish i knew about it before now tho

hope it's not a joke

Stanozolol is the most common one still I think, or maybe it's just easiest to detect

Probably a lot of peptide use these days too I heard there's only two labs that can test for peptides

the only thing i can see is your post about quitting

nothing about the dopiung

How could i get the best of the 3?

I am serious, and it's a project I plan to spend the summer working on.

It's not so much that I want to help /owg/ (although that's part of it), but I'd like to contribute to the sport and create a database that can be used to study the methodologies, techniques, mindsets and substances that have created such incredible weightlifters.

I'd love to chat with you then. But please realize that I don't want unsubstantiated information, and I wont be comfortable including information without quality sourcing. Ideally, all the information would be completely irrefutable, but we do not live in an ideal world.

I am considering on the site having 'ratings' for information, that will tell the reader just HOW irrefutable the information is.

22/m, don't compete but might in the future (highest would probably be univ nationals).

has anyone run D-AA? thinking of getting trying it. i know it won't be a full on cycle, but i don't want to go down that route either.

have a doc apt on tuesday to ask for t/dhea levels

i made it private again ill publish again after i work more on it

>Probably a lot of peptide use these days too I heard there's only two labs that can test for peptides
I dont know about that im sure there are more who can test for that but idk

>or maybe it's just easiest to detect
if it was the easiest to detect i think people would stop using it. so its either its not as detectable as we know or its really useful that people keep using it.

for Kazakhstan i think they were just not expecting the strict doping test btw not this stupid #politics debate on reddit

for incline and ohp i was told to do 5x5 idk if you want a special program for it tho

test boosters usually dont work and they might contain substance that might be illegal

Iwrp

Stanozolol is one of the most effective drugs to increase strength with little mass and weight gain so it makes sense it's so popular

The problem with peptides and sarms are they're so new so detection is poor

cmon man, did you even read my post?

how useful is peptides and sarms? it seems americans already got busted with sarms but those guys might just be dumb
it looks like its promising tho
jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/312/2/546.full.pdf
but idk if it will replace anything because of the mild result

>How could i get the best of the 3?
can you elaborate

oh shit, this was re D-AA.

examine.com/supplements/d-aspartic-acid/

any effects will be very small, its p cheap tho so no harm in trying it

switched back to classics focus for my comp soon. classics were taking a big hit from squat focus

today i did 112/130 S T R A P L E S S

first time doing sn without straps in a while, never done that much without em. pressed out tho

jerk was feeling strong but lockout looked bad on 130

missed 140 clean cause i got on toes and got greedy and added weight anyway

gonna have strapped 120 sn and no strap 150 cj before next comp tho

gotta go squat now brb

microRNA might be what the WADA calls new doping procedures

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26663194
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25695389

You're a fucking nerd omg...

discovering new things makes my lady parts tingle

omg the study is recent too
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0155248

just dropped some acid would this make me lift like lu xiaojun

congrats, you have unlocked faggot mode

240 deadlifts 120 snatch from blocks 115 snatch today

100 Snatch, 115 Clean and Jerk. Shit day for cleans, decent for snatch.

Weightlifting is fun and everyone should do it.

>small

but an increase in test is an increase in test. are we talking negligible increase? or, at least recover-slightly-better increase?

bump

Can i just say i love you all? Not just you guys but everyone on Veeky Forums, lift is so simple yet complex, but here is where ive felt at home so i just want to say TY.

You know you want to get gang raped by a bunch of poverted criminals.

Why are you parallel squatting? That defeats the purpose of the front squat. Also, do yourself a big favour and don't lean forward when you tack that weight. That's a fucking disaster waiting to happen. Walk up to the rack and squat the bar into the rack. That's the safest way.

Is that not what you're supposed to be doing? Are you proposing he bends his back or leans forward on purpose? What are you getting at?

I think you may have misunderstood my post, or perhaps vice versa. In a front squat, your torso is upright because the barbell is resting on your delts. If you lean forward, one of two things may happen. The bar may roll off your delts and onto the floor, meaning you lost controll of the bar, or it might break your fingers if you don't bail out properly. It appears that he leans forward abd allows the bar to fall into the rack in an uncontrolled manner. What he should have done was remain upright throughout the racking proceds, approached the rack and in a controlled manner, lower the bar into the rack.

How good is the Klokov video for form?

I don't know how I am supposed to practice tech without making my squats shit afterwards?

So guys, I really want to learn because I haven't been trying hard enough. There someone else that my coach coaches who already has like a 55kg snatch and 90kg squat after a few months.

I was really trying but just never got anywhere, for example, my coach taught that in a snatch at the start position, I should be very far over bar and sitting at the bottom with chest up and back arched with no tension since my hip crease is below knee.

However, my legs are long as fuck so it's hard to move them out of the way and I see videos of people saying that I should get very tight at the start, even with hips higher than knees? Which is it?

>How good is the Klokov video for form?

It has some good tips, but you really aren't ready to do the lifts just after it. I don't like the way he teaches the second pull.

>I don't know how I am supposed to practice tech without making my squats shit afterwards?
You don't have to squat your best numbers to keep them progressing.

> that I should get very tight at the start, even with hips higher than knees?
If you are a beginner its better to go with a static start rather than dynamic. So yeah, get tight and your hips should be over your knees, or nearly at the same level as your knees depending on leverages

Watch cal strength, klokov and alexey torokhtiy (i can't remember how you spell it) videos, and combine all of them to get a better vision about those lifts. There are many ways to teach / do them

Will look at again, thanks. I just didn't know, my coach does it sorta Chinese style so knees very far over and hips very low, but I just cannot get tight at all doing this since my femurs are very long so I need hips slightly higher than knees to get tight.

>Watch cal strength
lmao

Its not that bad really, if you don't let it be all and everything you know about tech

she's not squatting on muh dick. that's what's wrong.

I'm a noob with horrible tech and I think I might be able to fix some of it, I just realised I was relying on my ankle extension and forcing it to happen rather than it being a byproduct.

I know you guys shit on cal strength but I just watched David(?) snatch and realised it's pretty slow and controlled but very fast as soon as it contacts him. I have been pulling it very fast from my knee to my hip to make contact which I see now was the wrong place to be fast and maybe why it was always going around me instead of me going around the bar.

My tech is pretty shit right now so I'm really working on it and dropped weight until it's flawless.

Would I be okay to do snatch and CJ like 6x week considering it's very light because I want to focus a lot on my technique?

I just squat and press for my strength right now. Just for comparison, I am unsure of my FS max but it's about 120kg or something and my BS is 150kg. I am only snatching 30kg and cleaning 50kg right now with mediocre technique so I really want to focus on it.

>dropped weight until it's flawless.
Haha that'll take just few years if you're good

>Would I be okay to do snatch and CJ like 6x week considering it's very light because I want to focus a lot on my technique?
I don't recommend it, you just build bad habits and sooner or later start to get frustrated / lose interest. Its better to have few quality sessions a week when you're beginning.

what's stopping people from using rnase on their samples? iirc its rnase is cheap and a few grains are enough to cleave everything to shit.

Fucking Kek did anyone see Gregor's trampoline fail?

My man. I think I have 125 on Sunday easily

>Would I be okay to do snatch and CJ like 6x week considering it's very light
yes

do strength movements 3-4 times a week. in a very loose order of importance that should include push press, squat (front and back), pull (snatch and clean grip), and presses.

if you really focus, study your lifts, have a good eye, and have a goal for every training session, you could be lifting 100/120 within a year or two.

you should load up the bar and see how your classics look with more weight every once in a while, it's hard to pinpoint or reveal issues using very light weight.

wait, did you mean your maxes are 30/50 or that's what you're using as your light weight to practice technique?

hi guys i just talk to nike employees and they said the romaleos 3 is coming out on october to december

this is fresh off the press