How Quick Can I Get Veeky Forums?

Alright Veeky Forums, here's the deal. I've spent my whole life, almost 22 years, as a fat fuck. But a few months ago I decided on a change. I am going to become a green beret. My reasons behind this are many, but unimportant for this conversation.
Now, obviously I need to be in DAMN good shape to become a green beret, so I've been working REALLY hard on it the last few months. I've gone from over 220 pounds to 206. I'm up to about 30 push ups, 30 sit ups, and 2 miles in about 25 minutes. My goals are 180 lbs, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, and a 13 minute 2 mile run. I'm making decent progress, but here's the deal. I can't fucking stand working in retail anymore.
Every day I have to go deal with that bullshit is torture, not to mention all that time standing behind a register is time I'm not spending working out. I am seriously starting to consider quitting, tightening my financial belt to a size 0, and committing full time to working out. I'm trying to figure out how quick I can get to my goals if I do this, and if I can support myself with the cash I have left in that time.
So what do you think? I would start running 2 miles every day (building up that distance as I get better), doing the Reddit Body Weight routine every other day (can't afford gym equipment/membership. I'd do everyday, but my understanding is it's better to have off days,) and a MINIMUM of two MMA classes 6 days a week (no classes on Sunday.) Once I get my cardio up a bit, I'll start going to the store only via bike too (last time I tried I legit nearly passed out.)
I'll live off brown rice, beans, oatmeal, and frozen veggies if need be. I'll devout my body and soul to meeting my goals as fast as fucking possible. But how fast is that? How long would I have to stretch out my finances if I start this today?
Please help me Veeky Forums. I can't handle retail anymore. I just want to move on to the next stage in my life.

Other urls found in this thread:

benning.army.mil/infantry/ARTB/
sealgrinderpt.com/navy-seal-workout/top-10-things-to-get-you-kicked-out-special-forces-training.html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Finely crafted b8, if I do say so myself.

Dude you're not going to be a Green Beret. I was going to say "sorry to break it to you", but really I'm not.

To lose weight you're going to need to stop being so lazy and gluttonous and show some self discipline

Not bait.
I have stopped. I've been working hard and making progress. I'm not just talking about quitting my job out of laziness, I'm talking about doing it so I can work out way, way more than I am currently able to, so I can move on with my life.

Isn't us green beret training literally 2 years long?

Yeah sorry to break it to you but you need at least 1.5 years of non stop training to reach the minimums, you haven't even mentioned swimming btw. So yeah.

laughed really hard at the green beret thing.

Just fucking kill yourself my man.

Don't know of a public pool anywhere near me.

Then you can't be special forces.

I grew up across the street from a pool, I'm a decent swimmer. If I need to I'll track down somewhere I can swim, but from my research I've done on becoming SF I don't see MUCH mention of swimming. Only mention I saw was you have to be able to swim 50 meters in uniform and boots, no time limit, which doesn't sound to hard. SF aren't SEALs.

Just looked, found some public pools nearby, only $1 admission, but they're only open until August 7th. I can put swimming into my routine until then.

Holy shit is that true?

I am training for the equivalent of navy seals in my country and i run 5 km, swim 2.5 km and do over 300 pushups/ 100 pullups / i don't know how many flutter kick daily and lift on saturdays.

Basically push yourself non stop, don't listen to anything posted in this board and go for it. Nobody cares how much you lift but they care about how many pullups you can do . Fucking do pullups and pushups and flutter kicks it's all you need.

As far as I've been able to find, yeah. Like I said, SF aren't SEALs, they don't really do water insertions.

Thank you for the encouragement (not that I'm weak enough that a bunch of anonymous assholes will discourage me anyway.)
Can you answer my original question though? If I fully commit to this, how quickly can I reach my goals? I'll add as much exercise as I am physically capable of to my routine. I think I can sustain myself about 3 months, maybe a bit longer. Is it possible to lose 20 pounds in three months?

If you are really fat and unfit at the moment i would plan with a lot more than 3 months to even try selection

I don't want to dissapoint you but your stats are way too low. You need 1-2 years of consistent training to reach appropriate fitness levels. You gotta be able to do 70-80 pushups as soon as you drop off your bed and run 5 km in 20-21 mins without breaking a sweat. Don't quit your day job, work out twice a day(morning and evening), forget about lifting (only lift once a week tops) and eat little carbs. You can lose 20 pounds but that means nothing if you can't do what's expected of you. Get a pullup bar and go to fucking town.

what is it with the lifting hate with all those "im gunna be spec ops" guys newsflash mate every fucking SOF guy in the world lifts heavy weight and a decent strength base is a determining factor in selection courses at least as far as injury prevention goes (stress injuries drop a lot more people out of selection as you think) and believe it or not there are way more important factors regarding training than max ing out your pull ups push ups but you would know that if you were in the military not to speak of any actual direct action unit

Spec ops units lift weights SERIOUSLY (and put on mass) after they have finished selection. Stress injuries can be prevented by conditioning with running. All military programs value endurance in running and swimming and to swim for long distances you can't be a gigantic powerlifting blob or bodybuilder. To pass through selection it's best if he focuses on bodyweight excersises with some lifting for the legs thrown in.

>I'm going to become a green beret

O i am laffin

This thread is an All You Can Eat Copy pasta Buffet

Im not talking about the running and swimming here, but there more efficient ways to training strength and strength-endurance than just doing push ups and pull ups all they and every Selection canditate profits from a good designed weightlifting programm (so no curls for the girls) just for the sake of knee and ankle stability and core strength
>implying you will put on to much mass for a squat in the medium 300 or low 400 and an equaly strong deadlift

>I am going to become a green beret.
Blame your shit genetics when you don't make it.
Average Ranger is stick build and just follows orders.
Most GBs are thick and have to have the mental capacity to think of complex solutions on the fly, if you even pass the physical demands, you'll probably fail horribly at the school portion which is even harder than the physical requirements.

You'd be better off sticking with training for RAP and trying to pass RASP.

You're better off starting a business and not training to get killed. What is the point of your thread?

Oh shit im on the phone and didn't realise you are just replying to something. Nevermind then, im too lazy to read the whole thing

Try THOR3, I had Special Forces Cadre when I was ROTC and they said it was pretty good. Military athlete ain't half bad either, especially if you use it in conjunction with something like Stronglifts for strength.
Don't quit. Ever. That's basically the most important thing you can remember.

Join the Army first kid.
>Mfw I showed up to sand hill and everyone said they were going to be delta
>Mfw they all were a bunch of millenial pussys who couldn't handle being away from Alabama black snake loving mommy.
>Mfw they all dropped their 18x and option 40 contracts.

You haven't even played pee wee football and you want to join the NFL.

Op you sound like a dumb fuck. Especially considering that you are coming to a Panamanian dragon massage board for advice.

This is a board for sexually confused faggots with body dysmorphia who pretend to work out and yet here you are wanting to be special forces.

Top kik kek

>What is the point of your thread?
your post*

Nothing wrong with telling someone to shoot for a more achievable goal user.
benning.army.mil/infantry/ARTB/
Rangers have a 40% pass rate, it's not impossible, just unlikely that you're in the upper 60 percentile of all military males both physically and mentally, but you could pass.

sealgrinderpt.com/navy-seal-workout/top-10-things-to-get-you-kicked-out-special-forces-training.html/
Seals have as low as a 10% graduation rate, SF have about 15-20%.

Damn it user, I already replied.
Illy

With your stats you wouldn't pass OSUT. Have you not been to your recruiter? Here's the pipeline
>Infantry OSUT 4 months
>Airborne 1-2 months depending if you get stuck in purgatory aka Airborne holdover.
>SFAS 3 weeks
>Special Forces Q Course 2 years.

This isn't to scare you away this is to show you what you're going to be up against. Don't quit your job train for another year then go to your recruiter.

Okay, OP here, just got back from an MMA class.
I'll admit my original goal was ambitious, but honestly, as long as I have a chance at becoming a green beret somewhere down the line, I'm fine with not going in as an 18X. I'll happily serve a year or two as a combat engineer or something and then go through SF qaulification.
So new goal. Going off the same plan, how quickly could I get under 185 pounds, and be able to do 40 push ups, 53 sit ups, and run 2 miles in 15:54? I know the losing the weight is gonna take the longest.

The fact that you want to do this the quick way and not the right away is why you will fail. And you already changed your mind in what you want and the thread hasn't even 404d. You don't know what the hell you want. Take 2 weeks and figure out what you really want in life. Fucking faggot

I haven't changed my mind of my goal, just how to achieve it. My goal is to become SF, if the best way to achieve that is enter in as something other than 18X and take the chance when it comes, (as a few people have reccomended,) then I'll do that. End result's the same, just a different path.

Work hard dude. Maybe keep your job and bike to work and just keep working out hard. Maybe extend your goal date for joining and just get super fucking fit.
Good luck man.
Intention is worth nothing. Only action counts.