The Press

You can only post in this thread if you can Press more than 1 plate

NOT SO FAST RIPPLETOE

155 pound The Press™ reporting in

Don't have access to a barbell atm
If I can strict press 55lb dumbells (110lb) for three reps can i rep 135 on a barbell?

Can Rippetoe press 1pl8?

Unlikely. Put up 135 for a single? Possibly, but repping it is a different story. They're different enough movements that its entirely possible to be good at one and suck at the other.

D-does a 185 lb push press count?

if you can't clean the barbell it doesnt count, and if you havent been cleaning you'll have to cheat with a squat rack.

But if you can only do 3 reps of 55lb dumbs you probably wont be able to do more than 2
>can rippletoe press 1pl8

No. I can rep 70 pounds on DB press. Can only do 120 for 5x5. Although, I haven't tried 1 plate on OHP. I could probably do 5 reps for one set.

>can rep 70 lb db ohp
>only 120lb bb
Am i hearing this heresy right?

>I can only do 120
>If I can strict press 55lb dumbells (110lb)

We have trespassers in the thread, I repeat trespassers in the thread.

It depends but i believe you can. I rep 60 lbs dumbbells for 3x10 reps freestanding right now and last time i checked was able to do 155lbs bb no problem. Bb sucks dick anyway so i wouldnt worry about it

>tfw you hit 135 today for two clean reps

Feels good man. I've been chasing that 1pl8 OHP for a while now. Once I get a full set of 5 with 135 I'l feel accomplished.

What.

>12 reps at 135lb
or
>1 rep at 180lb
(seated if it make any significant difference, home gym ceiling is too low for standing)

>missing out on core gains because of gain gobbling ceiling
bro the biggest reason to do OHP is for the core gains

>implying seated is anywhere near as hard as standing

ok, I guess I'm gonna have to drag my barbel to my front yard from my basement and have the neighbors mire my clean and press.

hit 145 The (TM) Press (TM) off of a power clean today

felt good man

174lbs faggot pressing 160lbs reporting in. I just have to say, I fucking hate shoulders. Makes me just sad on the inside compared to my other lifts

>he doesnt want a fucking juicy core
never gonna make it

Is 1 plate good now or something? If you can't rep that for 8 GIT OUT

I have probably a top 10 Wilks among the plg-ers. If you want some vids, just ask m80

>yet he doesnt realize 1 pl9 seperates the noobies from the dedicated gym goers