Goodlife Fitness

Do you guys think this is a worthwile gym (Specifically the one in Toronto near Isslington station) I know it's a bit costly but it's the nearest gym to me

Good gym.

How much does it cost? The one I go to has 3 power racks, lots of other shit(more than enough of everything) and is almost never really busy. Literally always mid-capacity unless you go at night .It's crazy. I love it a lot

Costs me only $40/month

Gym has mixed reviews and the only picture I can find of the gym is a shitload of cardio machines. Apparently you have to pay for parking too (topkek).

One review says there's a decent weight area, but it doesn't mention any specifics, though another mentions there are dumbbells. Another says there's "only" three squat racks and two bench presses. I don't trust people reviewing gyms, so there's a possibility those "squat racks" are actually some combination of a legitimate squat rack, hopefully power cages, and smith machines. For being in a major metropolitan area near a train station I'd imagine that's really small.

Could you provide basically any other set of details so I'm not having to play faggot detective to answer your question?

Check it out first btw OP

My goodlife fitness has 3 power racks (they get used reasonably a lot but often times are empty when I go, or i just wait for one guy to finish while doing cardio).

Cozy as fuck, best gym ever i love it

>tfw goodlife mapleton

>TFW Goodlife Newmarket

Definitely go check it out in person. I had a membership there for 4 months last summer, and my gym was really nice (if a bit expensive). They'll usually let you do a free workout to try it out if you say you're interested in signing up. Being able to visit other locations is fucking great though, don't lose any gains when going away to the cottage.

dude how much is yours?

I keep hearing people say their gym membership is $80/month or some shit, but mine is fucking $40, what gives??

>tfw fit4less Newmarket

Literally why

Do you even have a squatrack there? Come home to Goodlife fitness, white man.

It's actually not a horrible gym. Only downside is that there's smith machines instead of squat racks, but other than that all the necessities are there. I'd love to go to goodlife but I need to save money for college so such is life

>Only downside is that there's smith machines instead of squat racks

That fucking sucks dude. Just go to goodlife man. It's $40/month

Literally work 3 more hours at your job per month and you can afford it.

They're nasty with contracts and hidden fees.
They're also beginning to adopt a real "Planet Fitness" attitude. Several of the locations in my province have banned deadlifts and are switching out weight floorspace for machine floorspace.
I occasionally use a friend's pass if I have to go late at night, but other than that, it's really not a good gym. If you're in Toronto you probably a million better options, though I'm not sure if you'll find many that are cheaper upfront.

>They're nasty with contracts and hidden fees.
Never seen this. It's literally just $40/month

>Several of the locations in my province have banned deadlifts and are switching out weight floorspace for machine floorspace

Idk if it's just mine but everyone here deadlifts and squats

Ah it's not really worth paying the $100 activation fee seeing as I'm only in town for 3 more months before I go back to my glorious university gym.

Regardless it's interesting to know that a lifter in my home town browses Veeky Forums, you seem pretty cool, good luck with your gains dude

desu the goodlife I go to everyone is doing powerlifting, squats, deadlifts, and its a solid mix of actual lifters and jim from accounting.

>Ah it's not really worth paying the $100 activation fee

There is none bro.

It's only a $100 cancellation fee if you want to cut your contract before a year ends, if you don't want that you just pay $5 more per month and you can cancel whenever you want. This gym is dope bro

Dude I used to think GL was shit too and I lifted at home only. Ended up signing up and this shit is 1000x better than i ever imagined.

Ikr.

I always read the memes on Veeky Forums about "commercial gyms" and how you can't drop weights, no one squats, no one deadlifts, etc. Completely false in my experience.

Maybe they're better now, it's been a few years since I dealt with them.
When I did, though, they tried to advertise as $40/month, when it was actually $22+tax/2 weeks, which works out to $44+tax every 4 weeks, so usually over 50/month. Then there's a sign up fee, I saw other weird fees on my credit card statement from them on occasion like "facility fee", mostly small stuff, but shit I literally didn't agree to, even in the contract, so I quit and moved to a different gym.
My current gym is the tits, $240 for a full year, no additional fees, pool and sauna included, indoor track, I really like it.

Might be different where you guys are, might have something to do with the franchise holders. In Newfoundland they're assholes though.

To be honest if I had to pick a gym that's more expensive than fit4less I'd go with LA Fitness. If trained at both GL and LA and LA was fuckin sweet. Massive gym with a protien/preworkout bar, a basketball court, full length swimming pool, hot tub, and insanely hot staff

LA fitness is garbage. Always crowded, the people who go there are fags and they shill shit wayyyy too much.

It's also a fair bit more expensive.

>My current gym is the tits, $240 for a full year

What gym? I might move soon so I'm trying to find some good options for a decent gym.

Goodlife Newmarket is God-tier

>Staff are all qt girls
>3 power racks, tons of benches and anything else you might need
>Changeroom is ALWAYS clean
>Never overly busy
>Don't need to wait long for a rack
>24 hours 4 days a week (compared to shitty LA where it closes way too early so if you have work late, gg)
>Everyone is super chill and friendly
>People actually lift
>Good physiques
>Good location
>They don't shill you for personal training or anything else
> lots of room to move around, i regularly stretch on the floor after my lifts

It's a public gym run by the municipality's recreation commission in Mount Pearl, NL.

I go to goodlife on weber in kw. It's expensive but my mom pays for and gets a discount it I just pay in gbp. Has 5 power racks, squat rack and bunch of shit overall. Machine selection is shit though just the basic stuff. The only thing is for being a huge gym it's crowded as fuck. I only go at 9-11ish pm and its usually decently busy. Everything else is nice.

Trust bro come to GL I'ma suck you off in the changeroom

It's the best gym up here, la fitness is fucking trash

>tfw no bros to lift with