Veeky Forums!

Veeky Forums!

I'm a recovering skellington who's on break from uni from the summer. I need a cheap gym to go to until September

So I'm asking. Is Planet Fitness worth the $10/month? They seem to have all the weights I need and nobody to use them if only fatties go

Anyone actually been to a PF? Are the lunk alarm memes true? Is there a cheap but decent gym anywhere in Southern California? Or am I asking too much?

Definitely. I love going to Planet Fitness! All the staff are nice and very helpful. It's a safe environment to exercise in ; there is no shaming and it's a non-intimidating environment to be in! At the price of $10, who wouldn't? Not to mention, FREE PIZZA for a recovering skelly like you!

PF seems to be a $10/month buffet with free weights thrown in

I'm not finding any reasons to not sign up desu

Great place! Just remember, no tanks since you may oppress someone when your arms are showing! Also, doing any sort of real lifting may intimidate others in the gym, so be sure not to work hard at all.

I just read that they only have preweighted barbells. Fuck

I may not get to train my diddylift but their dumbells go up to 80 lbs. It's getting sweeter and sweeter user

good place to go for beginner for the price, once you start lifting consistently and gaining more mass/strength, you'll outgrow the gym depend on fast your gains go. They do have a $15per month option that's month to month with no termination fees etc, so it depends on how long you plan on going there for.
once a month they ahve pizza on the first monday, and bagels in the mornings on the first tuesday.

My strength isn't very symmetrical so I'm a beginner in a lot of my lifts still. My max diddy is 215 but my bench and squat blow ass

I think it'll be a good enough so I don't waste away for the 3 months I'm on break

Didn't know about the $15/month thing. Thanks for telling me about that

>live in a military town
>sign up for pf
>everyone is juicy
>free weights and barbell

Best 10 dollars I've ever spent. The only downside is that its 15 munutes further than golds.

Just go to the YMCA no alarm shit and it actually has power racks, squat racks etc

Their db's only go up to 80? Holy fuck lol what a bunch of DYELs

There are gyms with barbells, benches, and squat racks as well as all the shit PF has for $10/month as well minus all the food and lunk alarms.

Please get off your ass and use google to shop around, call gyms if you need to. Anything but PF.

I go to PF because I'm poor and get the membership through my dad lol. BUT, PF has everything you need to get aesthetic. If you are serious about getting strong, I would recommend another gym though. Leg Press, smith machines, and 75lb dumbbells will only get you so far in terms of strength. There are a lot of aesthetic bros at the one I go to though.

No there's not. No big chain is less than 25 a month and no independent gym can survive by charging 10 dollars a month.

I think I'm gonna do it. I'm still at the point where 75lb dumbbells are out of my league

You're wrong as evidenced by the gym I'm currently going to.

Which would be?

Don't worry, it will be going under soon. Big box gyms make most of their money on people who don't show up. They lure these people in with large marketing campaigns. Smaller gyms have fewer people who pay and don't show up, so they have to charge more.

When I'm in Cali helping family I go to youfit, when I'm in AZ I go to fitness works. $10 and $9.99 respectively.

Youfit is literally "Planet Fitness: Green"

>youfit

It's literally Planet Fitness but in green

Yeah

It has barbells, benches, and squat racks and none of pic related. Aesthetically you're completely right though but I don't lift for aesthetics :^)

Check out Fitness 19 instead. They text me every fucking week still that they have a special for like $8/month or some stupid shit, and they actually have squat racks unlike planet faggots. It's crowded because it's so cheap but you can get a workout in if you go during off times.

It all depends on the specific PF. The one I used to go to did not ban any sort of lift (even dead), though some of them are harder since they don't have normal barbells, just smith machines ez curl bars cables and dumbbells.

Manager was a cool dude and i even saw some powerlifters in there from time to time lifting all the weight possible for shits and giggles I guess. Heard the lunk alarm once when a guy repeatedly dropped dumbbells after flys or some shit.

is 24hour fitness shitty gyms?

I go and like it for the most part. Going after 5, you're barely going to be able to do cardio though. Usually going before 8am-10am and before 5pm you might get a good workout depending what you're doing. Been making good gains lately using dumbells though so cant complain. Also haven't seen them give out pizza since January so that might be over

Was gonna try that out but my ex ignored me after i asked her about since she goes there so i decided to forget it haha

So bodyweight routines at the park. Pullups, dips, etc

I got to PF every day in any range from10pm-2am. I've lost a hundred pounds and my friends who do competitive body building workout there all the time. Each gym is an independant franchise, this is key to remember. So many of them may have different machines/free weights.

One I go to has only Smith Machines. One has Barbells. Going at night means it's empty, the guys at the desk don't give a shit about your making monkey noises, and you can finish your workout fast.

I've never come in early enough for pizza or bagels so I don't care I guess.

From my experience, yes. I'm sure they have to have atleast some good gyms. Most places offer a free day trial, so ask for that and see if you like the gym.

what the fuck