Why not join the military?

Why not join the military?

> serve your country
> civilians adore
> active, fit
> technical skills

There's no comparison. No matter what job you have it will never compare to a marine, be that US, UK or any other country. A marine is favoured to doctors every time.

> inb4 hurr hurr fighting for the Jews agenda hurr hurr

Hopefully starting basic before I turn 20.

Other urls found in this thread:

advocate.com/transgender/2016/6/30/breaking-pentagon-ends-ban-transgender-service-members
reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2g01cs/do_muslims_really_wipe_with_their_hand_rather/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whatever dude, go be a Marine. just hope you don't get shot because the US could give fuck all about Veteran's healthcare.

I'm British. Our equivalent is the Royal Marines, Royal Navy

Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.

>Join military
>Get shot
>??????
>Profit

My dog is literally the only reason i dont join. Srs.
If i leave no one will take care of her. The same reason im not moving into dorms and will rather live with parents.
Cant have anyone else take care of her either so im just waiting for now.

If you're not a braindead retard you can get in a non combat position.

I might be stupid, I've worked on a chemical plant since I was seventeen, I had nothing but disdain for further education. I'll be losing a lot of money by leaving but to me it doesn't matter, the perception of honour and sacrifice bodes well with me as I have always been apathetic and I've always played the part of the destitute. There is no better option for me without feeling that I am a slave.

>Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

You're not wrong, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if that wouldn't be better for everyone involved. I don't particularly like myself, I don't particularly want to be myself, and I can't help but wonder if someone else might do a better job of creating me than I can do myself.

If I were asked to talk to a marine or shit in my hand I would choose the shit.

>the perception of honour and sacrifice bodes well with me
I think you're just lacking purpose, and expecting the military will give you one.

Canada is very liberal and I live in a very liberal city (toronto) so there's actually kind of a negative stigma around the military here.

Another disilusioned teenager :3

Again, probably true, but it's the most purpose I will ever find in any occupation. I cannot wilfully live my life making money for others regardless of how much I could earn, most occupations boil down to making money for others. Particularly in the chemical industry as I currently am- therefore the only option is the military. At least for me

t. poli sci sophmore

If you actually do shit in the military youll be filled with PTSD and regret, are you thinking of the chair force? Maybe you can pilot a drone and kill paki kids. Idk man seems really shit for everyone involved except for Mr. Shekelberg Goldstein

Seen videos/gifs of war, so many people die just out of fucking nowhere.

Shit ain't like CoD of BF4 son, life just gets snuffed out in an instant.

And then IF you survive you get completely fucked by whatever organisation "takes care" of your verterans.

I don't think my mild autism will mix well with the drill instructors at boot camp, and I don't like the idea of not being able to leave the military for four or so years after signing up for it.

I make way more money than slaving away and destroying my body.

You're a true bro

I was in the army. Believe me no one cares.

>All i wanted was to fight for my country
>mfw i didn't pass the psych test

It was for the better good i suppose

yes spend all your time at base or deployed so tyrones can steal all your local staceys

>destroying my body

That's just it. I've seen too many people come out the other side and their joints/back are irreversibly destroyed at 25.

> the Jew meme

Get fucked fat cunt

ITT: people with inferiority complexes trying to justify being worse than a marine

Brb

> idiot
> Jews
> PTSD
> Israel
> injury

Sad

> civilians adore
heavily depends on which country

> active, fit
heavily depends on where you end up. I was more fit prior than during because of a combination of factors, food, sleep, available time. sure you'll get endurance but thats about it.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm only Veeky Forums because I'm mentally unstable.

I wouldn't get passed interview 1.

>> inb4 hurr hurr fighting for the Jews agenda hurr hurr

YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP NIGGER
I WAS GOING TO JOIN THE AF BUT NOW THEY ARE LETTING MENTALLY ILL TRANS INTO THIS FUCKING SHIT
I WOULD RATHER KILL MYSELF THAN FIGHT FOR LGBT FUCKING HELL FUCK THIS SHITTTTTTTTTT

>You're welcome FBI

This isn't true at all. You serve your country during a war, when you have to defend your home and your loved ones. During peace right now, most of the people in the military are a drain on resources. I'm not an American't, though, so we're not involved around the world.
>civilians adore
Maybe the old people. The rest doesn't give a shit, though I admit, girls like that.
>active, fit
Depends on where you serve.
>technical skills
Like cleaning your weapon?

>During peace right now

KIll yourself.

Also

1 )
>technical skills
>Like cleaning your weapon?

Really nigger?

2) Nice dubs faggot.

No, thanks. You'll do a lot better job at dying if you join and get sent to some shithole, like a good meatshield.

You'll be alright. That you are able to look at yourself and admit these things says a lot of good about your character. You will be a good man.

Yes, really. Army is mainly for people that have no hobbies and no other skills, so they're forced to go to the only place they'll be taken. Those with more brain become officers and shit all over you.

Hah, "serve your country". Kek. People taking out the trash are far more useful than you.

I was in the army with many people who had dogs. You need to rent your own place on the base but there is always someone to look after it when you get deployed.

>>mfw i didn't pass the psych test
>It was for the better good i suppose
>I don't know about the rest of you but I'm only Veeky Forums because I'm mentally unstable.
>I wouldn't get passed interview 1.

Boy do I have good news for you guys
advocate.com/transgender/2016/6/30/breaking-pentagon-ends-ban-transgender-service-members
reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2g01cs/do_muslims_really_wipe_with_their_hand_rather/

I got your reference bro.

>Canadian Armed Forces Test Score Requirement

>Australian Army Beep Test Score Requirement

>New Zealand Defence Force Beep Test Score Requirement

>Australian Special Forces Beep Test Score Requirement

>British Army Beep Test Score Requirement

>British Royal Marines Beep Test Score Requirement

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-stage_fitness_test

fuarking great brah, I would join and learn a profession but I already have other ambitions.

Cousin is undergoing firefighter training in the AF atm and will become a civilian one (maybe) after he's done.

Know another lad that became a submarine electrician. Now he works like 2 months on 2 months off and makes around 180k usd a year.

>tfw I'll never be a dog trainer for the MP

>> serve your country = serve the Jew
>> civilians adore = the way they adore all the homeless veterans currently living on the streets.
>> active, fit = this is a joke?
>> technical skills = Ok this one may be correct.

Anyone have expirience with the Australian army? I'm considering joining when I graduate

I'd go just because of that in your place, I'm actually joining the army, I think its so so, like everything, I hope I can get something out of it besides moneys you know.

We should have a military bros thread every once in a while, just to catch up on each others experiences, Im gonna start in october, German here(I wish I was somewhere where the military has some more dignity)

Fighting in some shitty war because some country no longer wishes to trade oil in USD.

Fuckin sign me up breh

I tried for the Marines but they blacklisted me from all recruiters after a drug overdose showed up on my medical history. I have a drug felony now too so I really doubt any other branches are willing to take me, and I'm getting old.

>join the military
>get tortured

Speaking of this, I've known so many army guys whose wifeys were fucking around, while they were gone. The best part? They don't believe anyone that warns them, that they're being cheated on, since they are more often than not, dumb, and think their lovely honey would never do that.

Whatever, bruv. At the end of the day, I know I can perform a surgical cricothyroidotomy on a person suffering inhalation burns from an IED blast and you can post on this mandolorian helmet painting world-wide

>defending flag burning trannies
>defending common core milennials
>defending left wing media
>defending government corruption
>defending israel

Nah, fuck you OP. You and the (((people))) you defend are the real enemy.

>civilians adore
LMFAO
maybe in yank land where everyone's a fucking retard

At the end of the day, you'll be as useful as I am, when posting on Veeky Forums.
They're paid killers, only legal.

>when posting on Veeky Forums
Good job; feel better

Girls love that destitute military boy archetype

Guarantee a marine gets more poon than a doctor

> serve your country
actually you aren't serving anyone. just taking orders from the elite wealthy political machine.

> civilians adore
actually they pity solders.

> active, fit
ask any veteran who actually served. they go on one meal a day and spend weeks without showering when they are stationed outside the US. they arrive home skinny and with no muscle mass.

> technical skills
driving a big truck, digging holes on the floor and getting shot at.

Because I do not want to become another VA burnout living on welfare and shooting up dope when my scripts run out.

cant my right knee swells up some days for whatever reason and i have a herniated disc from a month ago

Pretty sure a doctor has enough money to buy the sort of worthless whore that goes for military types.

Like it or not. Soldiers are respected more than anyone else because they are perceived to be noble and fighting for civilians

Whether it's true or not, I don't care.

>Country has professional army
>Too dumb to graduate, or even pass the entrance exam

I already did my conscription and have not gotten any more extra training invites yet

That's really biased, there are tons of people who were on duty and could actually bulk up because they weren't on some active mission where they didn't have a kitchen around.

It's not like he's wrong. Unless you live in a third world country, we are at a point in history where serious conflicts are going to be settled with drone warfare and missile strikes.
It's one thing to be trained in technology based warfare, but if you're running around a base training like it's WWI, there's a problem.

>ask any veteran who actually served. they go on one meal a day and spend weeks without showering when they are stationed outside the US. they arrive home skinny and with no muscle mass.

This is utter bullshit user.
The only time you're cutting is when you're back in garrison forced to run every day.
Any deployment people go straight for mass because you're not running and doing cardio every day. Families send us tubs of protein powder and if you actually go on convoys you'll eventually stop by a base that has a military px, where you can buy protein powder.
You've got nothing else to do once mission is over for the day beyond being unlucky enough to have guard duty again that night.
So take three scoops and go lift shit.

also
>one meal a day
Only if you're in places like Dari-Bum during the winter time and not getting regular supplies, but shit you still have two cons filled with MREs.

my options are
>hamas
>israel
so nah

This is a time of peace. We're fear mongering a war on terror, and Islamic extremists are doing fucked up shit on their own land, but it's a time of peace for America. It's more like the Cold War than an actual conflict.

I want to. I'm a nurse and would love to dedicate my profession to helping the army. I don't live in America though so I wouldn't see any action. Might sign up for Doctors without Borders and go to some shithole for a year.

>inb4 fighting for the jews agenda hurr durr

You know just because you say inb4 doesnt mean it isn't true and you're not a retard. Thats like an user asking about a recent cock sucking experience and he says
>inb4 n...no homo
He's still a homo and you're still fighting for the jews.

If you're joining the military you're already a brain-dead retard desu

>free college
>getting paid to go to college
>grants
>20k dollar bonus sign up
>if you're a fat shit atleast you'll lose weight
You don't think that's a little harsh? Not everyone had mommy and daddy pay for everything.
The military can be a great tool for the lower income and general no future to atleast try and build a life. That's better than 30% of the U.S. population. I know quite a few who became middle class through their military experience.
Niggas gotta eat

Dude you're talking so much shit it's on a "healthy at every size" level. They don't break you down, everyone in the military I know is basically the same, they play World of Warcraft on evenings, get drunk on weekends with friends, go back to work on monday etc. The only difference is they get missions and leave overseas for a while and then come back. Yes they may get PTSD, but on the flip side that job you have to go to backwards everyday may inflict depression. So basically it's no different than a regular job, just sometimes you work overtime.

Bullshit mostly, the canadian forces has no beep test and is not scored overall but on different tasks like sprints, drags, sandbag lifting etc.

I was in the U.S. Marines. The British Royal Marines are way better trained than us. They are more like our special forces.

>The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

Listen, the military training process doesn't create robots, it creates troops with enhanced critical thinking skills and proficiency in the art and science of warfare.

Just because you're too chickenshit to fight on your country's behalf doesn't mean the ones who do are mindless. They are willing to die for your freedom that you take for granted while you shitpost on an anime board.

also, 9/10 b8

how bout 1914

>kill muslims in the desert for shit pay in the name of "defense" for a government that doesn't give a fuck about you

nah I'm good

>25 dollars an hour tax free is shit pay
That's more than most 18 year olds to 25 year olds will make.

>die for our "freedom"
>constantly on the offense protecting US international business and geopolitics

>muh merica
>muh freedom

>Why not join the military?
Why not join the IMPERIAL GUARD AND FIGHT FOR THE GOD-EMPEROR OF MANKIND???

Lmao cause I'm not waiting till next year for them to send me to boot lol

>mfw 26
>mfw I make considerably more
>mfw my company doesn't own me body and soul
>mfw I don't get drug tested

>perform a surgical cricothyroidotomy
Fucking kek
I'll bet you're the same type of GI that will proudly announce to EMR that the tourniquet saved your buddy's life from the cut on his hand.

While envious of the drug test, I once again deter to my post earlier in the thread.
For people living in shit environments 20-26 dollars an hour and a sign on bonus is a god send. Who are you to judge someone who was born in an industrial setting in the bible belt?
There is a reason most people in the south are obese as fuck, it's a shitty fucking life with no way out.

You know how many girls and guys I know from highschool who never left TN, had a shit ton of kids and did nothing with their lives?
At the very least I owe the military for giving me the understanding other people and experiences exist, because I would of gotten my ex knocked up and worked at the same plant my father did before me had I not left.

The military is not the low point in someones life, it's the stepping stone to hopefully something better.
Being 30 with 3 kids, in the same town you went to highschool, at the same industrial park with all your friends is the lowest point you could have.

War hasn't been about freedom since WWII

Enough of this freedom meme. America is actively stomping on the freedom of other people now. I'm patriotic as hell but I don't turn a blind eye to the shitshow that is our military

Considering you're a /pol/tard you should be pro military, but wait, right, you're just a Neet loser who probably is also a dyel

Why do some of you all think that if you join the military then you WILL fight? You can join the army and be in the fucking band.

>the military training process doesn't create robots, it creates troops with enhanced critical thinking skills and proficiency in the art and science of warfare.

>this is what the south actually believes

The military is literally for retards that can't get a real job. What kind of intelligent person would want to get their legs blown off while fighting a proxy war for wall street and big oil?

>inb4 muh country's honor

The army doesn't fucking defend the US. They're the offense for the US.

>WW2 was a war for freedom because it wasn't about da evil joos
Oh wait it was the starting point of the jew meme
War was never really great from the moment it became globalized because your army was fighting as a proxy and wasn't really under direct threat anymore meaning that your soldiers weren't really defending their own people but some foreign strange people that they didn't care about mostly, that is why the Vietnam War was so badly perceived as well, Americans fought against some abstract communist enemy and not against a direct threat

I joined because being shot at was preferable to living the life i was leading.

I still feel that way.

Or a sports player, or a paper pusher, or a technician, a lawyer, police officer, doctor's assistant.
There are like twenty jobs that have no combat roles at all.
JAG on deployments literally stays at BAF and lives like a civilian.
Fuck man, civilian contractors make like 150k a year for deploying. They never leave base, get internet, their own room, and tons of time to workout.

Maybe you just don't want to spend your time shitposting on this dyel breeding ground you loser, what's your profession and tell me on a scale of 1-10 how much self esteem you gain from it

I didn't even say joos? How about most of western Europe not wanting to be occupied by Germany? I don't give a flying fuck about the jews

>Becoming a puppet for NATO / New World Order /Jews

I think I'll pass

Because that's such a threat to the great us of a right? You're just moving the goalposts here you wanna be historian

Its not worth it. Only people with little options for income or the people that aren't sure what they want in life. They get all this hype about how awesome you'll be and glorify all this tech and "skill" you'll learn, but then you come back with a bunch if disorders physically & mentally. Then you cant find a job/or keep one for long due to your disorders. Also since drugs are more widely avaliable and openly used in other countries our soliders usually use while over seas and come back with opiate addiction and they resort to using pharmaceuticals or heroine. On top of all that, it can take years to finally get disability. Sometimes you never get any help.

>we are at a point in history where serious conflicts are going to be settled with drone warfare and missile strikes

Sure, we don't need operators and grunts ever again because... technology will solve and settle everything just like it did in Vietnam and Afghanistan.

BTW, those systems are susceptible to any non-3rd world country countermeasures.

my dad did 27 years, free 40k a year retirement with all benefits.

>all of my military friends are living good lives meanwhile only a couple of people on facebook are actually making more than 15/hr and everyone else is in retail being a wageslave. Me? I'm making 18/hr after college, it's okay but I'm almost done paying off my college debt at the age of 24.

I'm not moving shit

People didn't want to be occupied so they fought back. Is the US not allowed to help its allies?

I don't see what you're getting at here

found the commie pinko faggot

Do you even know the historical context of the USA's involvement in WW2? Monetary aid, invasion on Soviet soil, Pearl Harbor etc.

Some of you people are so fucking retarded I wonder how you get on a computer.

forreal I did 4 years in the military and got out, I want to go back in, I've been a best buy geek squad member for 2 years now, college is boring as hell

Honestly, you get shit hours in the military but you get no taxes, no utility/rent bills and your measily 600 every two weeks but hey it's still alot ignoring everything else.