Are supplements a meme?

Title, are supplements pure bullshit or do some of them actually work?

Right now i take Protein powder and creatine.

Creatine did jack shit for me.

Protein is useful if you struggle to hit your macros otherwise.

Anything more than .8g/lb is unnecessary, tho

Apparently yohimbine hcl works ok but I doubt it. Creatine is good

Nah.
I still have half a bottle of yohimbine that i will probably never use

I think it only works for people who didnt fast already, as it makes you abide by a fast.

If you do the fast without the Yhcl you get the same results, maybe even slightly better

Supplements work best when you're really pushing it in the gym.

Meaning if you're pushing intensity, volume and periodization...AND you eat enough and get restful sleep, then supplements are great.

If you're not really pushing it, then just fuckin eat food and maybe have coffee before a workout as a preworkout.

Otherwise, don't waste your fucking money. Buy food, prep it, cook it, and eat it yourself.

my sups are Multivitamin, preworkout with creatine and citrulline malate (and coffee). The rest is just food.

They do work. I'd be more worried for the health effects of pure, concentrated and easy to process macros.

E.g. gainers and their use pattern have high potential for triggering diabetes. Sometimes i wonder if easy to process protein doesn't reduce ones ability to gain proteins from real foods etc.

Nah.

Protein bioavailability has little to nothing to do with "tolerance" and almost everything to do with fiber intake.

I kinda eat a not amazing diet, are vitamins worth it? Starting to get zombie mode.

Vitamin D is a must

Why not eat a better diet?

What kills me is how some idiots will buy $100 of sups like protein and preworkout instead of $120 of FOOD.

Potatoes, green vegetables, broccoli, chicken, steaks. Food is delicious man. Powdered shit should never replace actual food.

What about things like Fish Oil? Don't we need Omega 3? Also, I feel like my memory has improved since I started taking Choline, Acetyl L-Carnitine and Phosphatidyl Serine.

what does protein bio has to do with fiber?

>dont we need essential fatty acids?
Yes.

Are you dead?
No?
You are getting sufficient EFAs then.

It is that easy.

Pretty much everything.

It is why plant based protein has roughly 78% bioavailability.

Fiber makes you poop undigested protein

I feel like my memory has improved since taking ALPHA BRAIN with my kettlememes.

No but srsly, placebo is effective as fuck

Ephedrine works.

Caffeine works but will give you gyno.

Protein is cool if you don't get enough elsewhere.

Amphetamines work really well.

most are some are not. Beta alinine, creatine and citruline malate are not memes. baking soda and caffeine are also useful.

It's the same reason why tons of people buy fast food instead of going to the grocery store..
fast and easy. More time to watch the tele and play vidya games.

wait, so too much fiber is bad for me?

cooking takes TIME