Good gut flora

Good gut flora

is this a meme? how do I grow good gut bacteria?

Other urls found in this thread:

drdavidwilliams.com/healthy-gut-bacteria-support-digestive-health/
nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story/
nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-change-your-enterotype/
reuters.com/article/us-health-intestines-stomach-drugs-idUSKBN0U12HM20151218
neuroscientificallychallenged.com/blog/microbes-and-the-mind
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160616140723.htm
savorylotus.com/6-ways-rebuild-gut-flora-after-antibiotics/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A mix of diet change and probiotics. In extreme cases, doctors will take some fecal matter from one of your family members and put it inside of you.

>probiotics

like actimel/yakult etc?

also, what sort of diet change promotes it?

Don't (over)use antibiotics.

Not a meme,
drdavidwilliams.com/healthy-gut-bacteria-support-digestive-health/
Bacteria help break down foods into more easily absorbed paste due to their acidic enzymes they produce. If you just eat a steak your digestive system would not be able to absorb it all before it passes it (usually the case) these bacteria feed on the foods you eat and help pre digest it in a sense.
This is most common in dairy, lactose intolerance is your bodies inability to digest dairy products, the bacteria eat almost all of it and the body can absorb what is left over.
People with lactose problems usually eat what's called cultured yogurt, which is yogurt with tons of "healthy" bacteria in it specifically designed to do this job.

There are also a few vitamins we can not absorb at all unless the bacteria digest it first and break it down to its smallest property.

Cut out as much processed foods as you can and drink only on special occasions. This is a destroyer of gt bacteria. Take some time out and research some food additives. For instance, just the other day I saw some additive in cheese I was buying. Looked it up and found it was banned in the EU (I live in the US) and lots of data supported the claim it kills bacteria in your gut. Also avoid soda since it's highly acidic and changes the environment of your gut and stomach.

Instead drink water and Kombucha if you can stomach the taste. Eat more yogurt and kiefer. Fermented foods should be in your diet at least once a week. Kimchi, sauerkraut, miso soup, pickles, buttermilk, and good quality cheeses without additives. Additionally you can try probiotic tablets frequently sold at health food stores to get your gut flora back.

I only really drink water, milk, coffee (ground beans, not starcucks) and tea.

I drink a single beer in any given week.

I don't drink soda, and most cheese here in the UK doesn't have additives as far as I know. Most of the cheese I eat is made from raw milk anyway (which isn't banned here in the uk, lol america)

I drink miso pretty much weekly.

My chemo medication destroyed my digestive system. Probiotics make me now have runny diarrhea every day

More fresh greens and that sort of shit (probably healthy grains and any fresh veggies and shit like broccoli and cauliflower) plus plenty of fermented foods like kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha, etc.

Anyway, definitely not a meme, but somewhat on the leading edge of nutritional and biology or whatever research.

Less meat, more fiber

nutritionfacts.org/video/microbiome-the-inside-story/
nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-change-your-enterotype/

>tfw drinking miso right now
comfy af

Acidity for the stomach bacteria is also important. Though I am not entirely sure what the thing should be like but its fairly significant on what kind of food you are eating on the health of your stomach.

and here is where the little fuckers live

Also read this

reuters.com/article/us-health-intestines-stomach-drugs-idUSKBN0U12HM20151218

pic related still is also kinda important

also read this older article (also has good enough sources though)

neuroscientificallychallenged.com/blog/microbes-and-the-mind

still more to add is this.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160616140723.htm

Which was recent

(about 10% of all autism sufferers can be cured with proper probiotics, the rest suffer from other causes though)

Thanks senpai, but maybe you need to take some probiotics to deal with this level of 'tism.

Don't worry about EU regulations, they've been cucking people's gut flora for decades by introducing ridiculous hygiene standards

being dumb doesnt mean that I have tism you dumbfag. All of the links are linked to medical journals, I doubt you can call the doctors autistic because of their research.

or just whatever, shit I get mad when people call this, kek, perhaps I have the tism still. But yea. Gut related things are very serious.

This seems to be the best place to ask this: I've had loose-ish shits for a few weeks now and I don't know if it's worth seeing a doctor for.

>how do I grow good gut bacteria?
You can't, you're already fucked if:
- you weren't raised on a wholesome food diet
- indulged in sweets and refined carbohydrates
- used antibiotics at any point of your life

Recovering a good gut flora after any of those three takes 15+ years of a strict diet.

And I don't mean 'contest prep with a cheat meal every 4-5 weeks', I mean strict.
No cheat meals, no processed foods, no refined carbohydrates.

Recovering good gut flora is next to impossible, unless you get a fecal transplant from a 100% reliable source AND keep a good diet untill you die.

source on difficulty level?

I wonder if all of this is really bullshit, and the reason we're all so sick and frail in the west is because we sit inside on our asses all day and are so terrified of dying that we literally cut ourselves open and put other people's poo inside us.

I think the hardest part of most men is accepting that they have no soul. That the functioning of their mind, their body is not special and that its tied to a host of many different variables.

Most men and dumb people lean towards solipsism by nature, yet it is the understanding of these many outside influences on ourselves that allowed us to improve our species as a whole, from washing hands, from making cures to diseases.

You will find no answers in mocking these efforts and applauding yourself for being too stupid to understand these worldly matters.

I don't buy materialism, nor do I necessary buy the idea of the inherent good of progress and human life. I think vitalism has become the new disease proceeding from empiricist thought

As long as you can use drugs, or even physical tools to alter the brain to perform certain things. It has no question to it that we are 100% materialistic. MRI machines, neurology and sciences towards the brain brought us much closer to the truth than speculations of the brain and the nature ever did. If you refuse to go along with it, you will just be left behind in the search for truth.

You might not be getting enough fiber, are you eating enough veggies? Take some fiber supplements for a couple days and see if your shit starts becoming firm again. If not then there might be something wrong with your GI tract

Cognition is not the same as feeling.

it was a joke, autismo.

Had chemo but you're still cancer

>breast milk
>fermented foods
>cultured yogurt
>fruits
>vegetables
>dairy general
It does take a strict amount of time and some bacteria never recover (with the exceptions of those found in breast milk because this is what helps begin the flora process in babies).
However I'm going to need a citation on 15+ years to believe that user.

Most gut bacteria become immune to antibiotics after your first dose of them (rarely if ever do doctors give long term doses to children if it's their first time).
It's the long term antibiotic use that's the real damager, causing fatigue, insomnia, and immune disorders. Talking months of using an antibiotic.

As you eat foods some flora is reintroduced and some bacteria/microorganism take up the job of the bacteria you killed off.
You'll feel sick for sometimes months after, usually with IBS, diarrhea.
Usually as this fades away you have reached a healthy balance of bacteria again.
savorylotus.com/6-ways-rebuild-gut-flora-after-antibiotics/
The largest problems are
>healing the entire digestive system so that bacteria can thrive
>the war happening inside your body as millions to billions of unhealthy bacteria that are more resilient to antibiotics have begun to take over everything
The few healthy bacteria inside your body need all the help they can get, your diet needs to be rich nutritionally and full of healthier bacteria coming in as these guys will also be helping to balance the flora back in your favor.
After about 4 months after an antibiotic treatment while I was in the military I finally felt alright again, energy was good, insomnia mostly gone, no longer shitting my brains out or having stomach pain.

Are you stupid? Normal microbiota (or "good gut flora" as you niggers call it) is always there. When you take antibiotics some of it dies and then simple reproduces and restores. When you are inmunosupressed (like AIDS) it can become harmful and make you severely ill and when it's completely gone or severly reduced you get severely ill too (eg. toxic megacolon).

Jesus Christ, you faggots are so fucking ignorant.

Every day I wonder how we managed to get this far without micromanaging the bacteria in our bowls. Seriously, what are you all suffering from chronic diarrhea?

Pretty sure I watched a short media piece on yakult etc, they tested most of them and found the majority of the bacteria was dead before it even hit the shelves, useless product.

There was also a study recently that showed that if you had a decent diet that probiotics did little to nothing for you.

If you have a mediocre invest in some probiotics, you can get half a years supply for 20 euro on amazon, they're cheap enough

Any time i've used antibiotics I've had IBS for a few weeks to a couple of months. It always goes away.

how does anyone over use antibiotics? Does your doctor just give you a bunch of antibiotics and lets you decide which to use and how many times you take it?

>bowls

We got here with the use of proper spelling.
Faggot.