SQTDDTOTT

SQTDDTOTT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
youtube.com/watch?v=8iPEnn-ltC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've just started at my gym. What resources are there to make sure my deadlift form is correct?

I don't know the physics involved myself, but at what percentage of my body weight should dumbbells be before I start doing dumbbell presses instead of pushups?

My goals are, in order, endurance, strength, hypertrophy; and I have dumbbells that are each 19% of my bodyweight for a total of 38% of my bodyweight.

Pointers from youtube and anyone at the gym.

I went to the gym for almost 4 months this year, stopped at around mid April. I hit my body weight goal so I kinda stopped going slowly.

It's time to go back. Is it okay if I just reset my SS 3x5 lifts and do that again or should I mix it up now?

youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
this one should be mandatory

youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
this one is great for warming up and learning how to use your legs in the deadlift

is there a difference between a one heavy db goblet squat or two lighter db goblet/front squat? explain pic related, is bb.com just trolling?

Can't eat ANY nuts and beans. That means I can't eat any of the protein-packed peanuts, peanut better, almonds, kidney beans, black beans, red beans, legumes, you fucking name it.

Also lactose intolerant. What can I eat to supplement my protein intake? Eating whole meat is expensive, and annoying (as they don't have too much protein). I supplement with whey.

What else can I eat to easily supplement protein intake?

That first video is attrocious!

I'm a skinnyfag who needs to bulk

Besides eating 3-4 meals everyday, what snacks should i eat in between?

whatever you enjoy that has lots of calories and is not super satiating.. protein shakes, nuts, even pop tarts w/e who cares lmao

1)How many g of protein per kg of bw when cutting/bulking?
2)Can I bulk for a week or a month then cut again?
3)How many calories do you add each day until you reach the desired amount of calories for bulking?
4)How many calories do you remove each day until you reach the desired amount of calories for bulking?
5)Can I bulk if I'm 20%bodyfat or should I absolutely cut? If so until what bodyfat should I bulk?

Push Pull Legs or Pull Push Legs?

what is a snatch-grip?

1) ~.8-1 g per lb of goal bw.

1)How many g of protein per kg of bw when cutting/bulking?
Read the sticky.

2)Can I bulk for a week or a month then cut again?
You could, but It's easier and more productive to just do it normally.

3)How many calories do you add each day until you reach the desired amount of calories for bulking?
What. Just eat at a surplus of 300-500c past your TDEE

4)How many calories do you remove each day until you reach the desired amount of calories for bulking?
what. Just eat at a decent deficit.

5)Can I bulk if I'm 20%bodyfat or should I absolutely cut? If so until what bodyfat should I bulk?
You could bulk, but it would be shorter than usual. I'd lose a bit of weight first imo

Watching a NattyKing video on Incline Dumbbell Presses and his elbows are at a position I've always heard they shouldn't be

youtube.com/watch?v=8iPEnn-ltC8

Is this proper form? I thought elbows were meatn to be tucked

fish, but it's sort of expensive. you can use soy protein I believe and mix it with water. don't expect anything that tastes good tho

his elbows look somewhat tucked - they don't have to be completely at 45 degrees

pull push legs

I assume because with 2 kettlebells you have to be able to clean them to your shoulders, whereas goblet squats you can just pick it up as is and bring it to your chest.

totally fine to go straight back to SS. no need to 'mix things up' if you're enjoying it and its working.

>but at what percentage of my body weight should dumbbells be before I start doing dumbbell presses instead of pushups?
well they're different movements and theres no level you need to wait for before you do the other.

do pushups if you want to train a bodyweight movement, do db if you want to train a free weight movement. db press will be easier to linearly progress than push ups, though.

Should I avoid taking Metamucil (psyllium husk) with any supps?

no its ok

Which is the most reliable resource for calculating body fat percentage? I've tried the military measuring tape method, Scooby's caliper calculator, and they all seem relatively wrong. Scooby's calculator said I was 12% bodyfat at 22 ffmi and I look like shit

there's really no "reliable" way to do it. the methods will give different results.

the more sensible approach is to forget the notion of accurate bf%, track your body weight, use calipers to track changes in bf% levels and use the mirror to see how fat you are.

post photo and let all knowing anons tell you if you're fat

Im new to the gym and today i did cable crossovers and it felt really weird (plus pain) in my right shoulder. Like my arm and my shoulder dont quite fit together but one little snap could nudge it into place. I just cant rotate my joint like that. I dont have this problem when i do the motion without weight, and the left shoulder is completly fine whatsoever. I once dislocated my shoulder as a kid but since then i had no issues in that area. What should i do?

After losing tons of weight by doing cardio, I'm going to start to lift and I only have tunning shoes. I heard that these are bad for lifting so what shoes are good for lifting?

Ubiquitous, cheap, boring chicken breast has tons. Also Greek yogurt. Does that have lactose in it?

I wouldn't recommend downing your dailies with a glass of it. Just space them out a little.

If you're talking squat, DL etc., any shoes with minimal cushion like Chucks, etc. I wish my gym let me lift barefoot.

I have shit conditioning and I am a newbie. Can i do C25k and starting strength at the same time. I want to go run before my workout, is this sensible or should i stick to one program. I am 6ft 230 pounds

when bulking it's harder to gain weight if I go to the gym 5 days p/week or it doesn't matter?

When bulking, should you still count calories or is it just a food binge all day every day?

I've been going to the gym since Monday and decide I want to go hard for the next 7 weeks to get bigger. Right now I'm 5' 9" and weigh 155ish. Right now I'm in taking about 145g protein and keeping carbs around 500. Anything else I should be doing?

Why does coffee make me sleepy?

I started SL last week. Pretty much all the lifts I feel solely in my legs or arms. I got a little chest doms from bench but nothing really "I worked hard" feeling.

Is it due to babby weight or am I doing something wrong?

What apps do yall use or recommend??

Why don't I get veins in my arm during a a workout and instead I get them after?

Is it decaf coffee?

Do the following combinations make complete protein?

Peanuts and white pasta
Sunflower seeds and white pasta
Peanuts and lentils
Peanuts and white potatoes

I look 15%bf I'm bad lighting but 12% in good lighting caliper tells me 10% bf which is it????? Reee

No

I'm in week three and I'm in the same boat. Bench is much easier than the other lifts for me. I added 10 lbs. one increase instead of 5 and I think I'll do it again.

What's a good post workout stretch program/routihe for ppl? Just about to start the push day

I added 20kg to squat. It felt like I was actually lifting something as opposed to just the bar but it wasn't really challenging at any point. Going to add another 10 next time.

My back is weak as fuck (hence my array of back problems) but I'm not feeling any of them in my back.

So Veeky Forums, could lifting solve this problem that I got with my legs, and, will this condition affect myy gains'

What is volume?

Total number of sets?
Total number of sets x reps?
Total number of set x reps x weight

A grip where the bar sits in the crease of the hip when your are stood upright. Generally with the hands out fairly wide.

Thanks senpai

Why do my arms shake so much when I do dips. Why does my body shake when I do planks?

I'd probably run afterwards, doing 30 minutes of running will significantly diminish your strength potential, especially if you have low cardiovascular fitness.

Does 1/2/3/4 mean 1pl8 OHP, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat, and 4pl8 deadlift or does it mean 1xBW OHP. 2xBW bench, etc...?

(Please be the first one)

Depends on the level on control you wish to have. Gaining weight on the least amount of calories possible is likely the best way to minimise bodyfat increases but lowers the rate at which you gain weight.

They say you lose muscle on a cut. Is this because 1. your body needs protein, and muscle is the source of said protein, or 2. your body just thinks it doesn't need the muscle because you weigh less, so it gets rid of the muscle to save energy?

Plate

sets x reps

Track calories over the past two weeks relatively fairly and accurately, weigh the same. Target 1800 / 2500 for a 700 deficit, unfortunately had a few social days where goblins stole my gains.

Do I need to be more strict or just keep at it for a longer period of time? Expected at least 1KG of fat loss as calculated.

How much cardio is too much cardio?

My carb intake varies from 40g to 250g a day, typically sub-100g. I believe the variation might be from rapid changes of carb intake, and rapid changes of stored water weight.

Looks like you have genu valgum. Strengthening inner hamstrings, vastus medialus, and your quads could help with the imbalance in your legs.

if it making you sweat, it's too much

Is L - carnitin worth something to aid weightloss?

If you regularly drink energy drinks, depending on how much coffee, you're probably not getting near as much caffeine.
If no energy drinks, you may just not be reactive to caffeine.
Plank issue is probably because of your core being weak. Don't know of anybody not shaking either immediately or after some time holding the position.
The best way anyone has ever put it is that the day after splurging on calories, you cut that much extra the day after.
Too much cardio is if at all during any run you feel lightheaded and your heart rate gets way too fast. Otherwise, there's no real set limit unless you're super obese.

>girl I used to fuck regularly hit me up last night
>she was pissed that I was ignoring her texts but eventually I caved and fucked her
>she wants me to initiate today
>I want to send a steamy text that gets her hot and bothered all night

What should I say guys?

why are you asking Veeky Forums, we're all virgins

I was hoping CHAD would give me some advice

Thinking of saying "I want to use your thighs as earmuffs later"

Anyone have any variants the reddit PPL they use?

Usually I say "sit on my face". Works literally every time

I have pretty good abs but I do need to cut, but I don't want to lose my gains. Would a cut at -500 kcals be enough to show more ab definition while maintaining gains?

I sprained my ankle two weeks ago, second degree sprain.
Just got out of an aircast and because of that my Achilles is super stiff and I can barely squat at all. What exercises can I do to loosen it up and when can I start doing squats and deadlifts again?

No soy protein either - it's a bean. People don't realize just how many things comprise beans and nuts. I had to cut out even motherfucking soy sauce familia

Yes, I believe so. And yes, I am aware. But the question is protein sauces other than whole meats, it's really expensive to hit daily protein needs just using whole meats

How long does it typically take to start getting noob gains? I'm on my 4th day lifting tomorrow (SS, MWF), and I'm just overly eager to get lifting. I literally spend every rest day wishing that it was a gym day

Who is cat.

Calisthenics fag here. Currently doing assisted one legged squats, bulgarian splits. Should I progress to beginner shrimps or assisted pistols next?

Just started lifting seriously about 3 weeks ago
When I squat after awhile I feel a discomfort in my lower back
Is this something to worry about?

Trying to go pedantic on my macros calculations to make them gains. Check this maths and then tell me how the fuck to deal with the problem that i've got:

500gm meal split between 100gm of avacado, sweet potato, brown rice, broccoli, chicken breast

500gm meal
carbs 59.12 19%
protein 38.37 18.5%
fat 20gm 25%

Triple this and i'm hitting the following
3 * 500gm meal
carbs 177.36 57%
protein 115.11 55.5%
fat 60 60%

so literally like just over half of what my macros are apparently supposed to be DAILY. How the fuck am I supposed to gain? I can't eat 3kg of chicken rice and vegetables a day, at least, I haven't tried.

Does this calculation seem reasonable? How do I meet the rest of my macros if I only eat 3 solid meals a day? preparing 6 meals a day sounds like a nightmare, eating it even worse.

Help a skeleton out breh's im fucking freaking out.

Pic probably somewhat related.

It's been a week eating at MAINTEINANCE and started taking creatine. Is it possible that I've gained 1.5 kg?

Creatine bloats you not sure by how much but it is possible for the 1.5 kg

So you're planning to eat the same meal 3x times a day? What's to stop you from having a shake or two or even 3 if that's what it takes for you to gain weight?
Nuts are also very easy snacks with loads of calories and decent protein.

Do you mean physical apperance changes? That is gonna take a while probably 6-7 months for first changes and 14-15 months for more substantial changes, this is presuming that your programming is spot on, good form so no time off, no skipping workouts, average or above average test and obviously good clean diet otherwise could be longer.

Should I stay at maintainance another week to see if I still gain more, or can I increase calories even now?

3 to 6 times apparently, Obviously I'll have to learn to deal with the lack of variety, add in a bit of nuts and fruit like banana's and shit.

It just doesn't add up for me though, 3 meals a day of the same shit is already torture before i realised that its only approx 50% of my macros (allowing for shrinkage and shit). I haven't looked at shakes and i'd somewhat prefer to not have to rely on them but i'll do it if it's necessary.

I know this must seam really stupid but I don't know how I'm actually gonna hit my macros and its ruining my potential for noob gains.

I've made decent fat loss and progress without hitting my macros once, I want to hit the macros to get the most out of my workouts, put more on the bar, raise my lifts while i'm still rolling on noob gains.

this is my 3 mths pic, taken on 24/06. I'm really motivated by this change but I'm ready to step up my commitment even further.

I appreciate any advice given lads.

Unfortunately, if you could see gains in a week everyone would do it. It's a long road, but once you're on it you'll kick yourself for not starting sooner.

Take photos every month, not every day/workout. After 6 months you'll definately start seeing a little change.

Is it true that you shouldn't wear shoes when squatting? That it absorbs some of the weight making it a little bit lighter.

Yes you can lift a car if you wear really cushy shoes.

That's some real progress. It's a same you look like an angry nerd though. Get a haircut and lose the soul patch.

Is 19 too young to start roiding? Don't want to overdo it but want to be able to play sports and win. Currently 183cm 77kg ~12%bf looking to get to 90 by next year is it possible?

I'm about 235lbs. Been IF for about a month now, cant get into a fuckign scale because uni, but somehow I feel lighter, also my clothes feels a bit bigger as well. But beisdes taht I see no result.

Should I go for a lower calorie intake, about 1500 sounds right? Been about 2200-2400 per day.

What happens if you roid while doing martial arts, like Kyokushin Karate? Without lifting.

Does roids make you super strong or is it just muscles?

Can you get a lot of functional strength and throw normies around easier?

Two questions :

1. Is it true that it's bad to start out lifting in a gym if you basically never worked out? Should I first do more basic training and stretching, like yoga for a few months and only then go into weights? I keep hearing some people say that, and their argument is that this way i'll build up my "core" or something. If I try going to the gym, I will fuck my body up according to them.

2. Any advice on how to eat more? I'm trying to increase my food intake, but I can usually only last for a week or so. After that I feel like an overfilled gas tank. If I try to force anything after that I get really sick. Is it true that drinking liquids and blended meals helps with this?

it means ur using ur lower back too much

work on ur form

While on SS i didnt feel anything hitting the bench, so ai upped it by 10 kg. Is it ok or it might become a problem?

These will help me with my grip during deadlifts, right?

How should I use them to efficiently train my grip?

Yes they help.
Get one you can only close once or not even at all, and train daily by trying to close it with each hand. Try and close it 5 times per set. For a total of 10 sets daily.

If you can close it easily then its time to get a harder set gripper.

Does a cheat meal have to put you in a caloric surplus on a cut? Is that the whole point of it? To reset metabolism or whatever?

No it doesn't HAVE to. A cheat meal is so you find it easier to stick to the cut by giving yourself a little "rest" so to speak. If your cheat meal stays in your caloric "allowance" that's great, if it doesn't, just try not to go into a huge surplus (don't eat 1000kcal over your limit) remember you will have to compensate for them later.

ur gonna die

Is there a difference between

>eating at TDEE and lifting for 6 months
and
>eating at a 500 cal deficit and lifting for 3 months, then eating at a 500 cal surplus and lifting for 3 months

oh shit

I just became homegym master race, but mo longer have access to cables. I need a face pulls substitute- would simulating the movement with gymnastics rings, using my own bodyweight, suffice?

Other alternatives appreciated, thanks lads.

dumbell face pulls look em up

How the fuck do I measure chicken wings in my calories?

When I weight them raw, of course the bone is going to be the majority of the weight, but every online resource only talks about the weight of the meat you remove from the bones.

How do I know how much actual meat I'm eating per wing?