Calluses thread

How do I get rid of my calluses, Veeky Forums? Pic related.

Post your own if you have some.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nail clippers and a pumice stone.

Started my calisthenics routine today, hands really started to hurt after my 4th set of 5 pullups.

Didn't stop me though, gonna build up calusses till I can do 50+ pullups a day without pain.

Why would you ever want to get rid of your calluses?

>babys first week of lifting

10 - 15% urea cremes.
You should apply urea creme to your whole body multiple times per day in any case if you want your skin to stay young.
It's the holy grail of skin care.

To prevent these, I use pic related after showering. If you have blisters, best thing to do is let them rest. DO NOT pop blisters, as this may lead to infection. If you MUST lift with calluses, you can try to wrap them in cloth medical tape and carefully remove after.

Once calluses form, you may want to keep them. It's the body's way of protecting your skin from abrasions/stress. They will most likely come back, so the best thing to do is soften them with moisturizers so that you don't have crusty farmer hands. No girl wants that.

>that guy at the gym who tries to get rid of calluses

>No girl wants that.

No grills want me anyway.

Bitches love calluses m8

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBmiQm4MF4
youtube.com/watch?v=bTqNSgCmM2s
all u need

I pull a 220kg DL for 4. I use chalk, and i barely get any callouses anymore, is this normal?

ssguys is pretty chill

I've been doing calisthenics for a couple years now, tons of pullups.

>build up calluses so the pain goes away
I don't think it really works that way. They just start to hurt more and more and they impair your ability to do more work.

Basically your hands give out before your muscles do, which isn't really a good thing. And it's not even grip strength, just the bloody pain from the calluses.

I like my calluses but it's getting to the point where it hurts and it's limiting my ability to do more volume. I do a lot of pullups on a bar without padding so that doesn't help

Guess you just have tough skin user. If you do more weight/volume it might start becoming a problem and callus tears can fuck up your training, so it's good to still keep it in mind.

>crusty farmer hands
I thought grills loved that.

Everyone else - thanks for your advice m8s.

Pissening

sickening

you know how to grip a bar properly, all the DYELs can't grip and get massive calluses

Wait til they go hard, then remove em with teeth or nail clippers.

This Learn how to grip the (pull up) bar. Don't roll the calluses between the fingers and the bar, morons.

I use a pomice stone in the shower when my calluses get too gnarly.

You're dead right on calluses. I easily have the strength to get to 20+ continuous pull ups, but my grip hurts because of calluses. Without calluses hurting my grip I could add another 2-3 pull ups I imagine.

These.

Bunch of wanna be meat heads.

cut them off with a knife if you're so concerned that's what I do

Using foam sponges for grip actually makes calluses a non-issue, they work way better than gloves or padding on the bar. Looks goofy as hell but if you ever want to test your max pullup count without the calluses being a factor, it's an option.

A gym I used to go to would actually keep a couple pairs around for people that did pullups.

Here's the fix /thread