/plg/

This thread is EXCLUSIVE for athletes and coaches to discuss POWERLIFTING and POWERLIFTING ONLY.

If you're not a POWERLIFTER or COACH and do not COMPETE or are preparing to COMPETE in POWERLIFTING you're not welcome in this general.

If none of the above apply to you, try /strength training general/ or other random threads on Veeky Forums

You must be 18+ to post in this website and in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Fp1viiRJnw
youtube.com/watch?v=L1FJGo3s7zQ&list=PLhTknrPdQ9vogzoSvJN2bDl04CI52zyty
youtu.be/DanoR0MXNrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fag

>not a chad

my wilks is 300 and I'm planning on competing in some local competitions once I get to maybe 350. Can I post here?

So WAWTT(tomorrow)? I'm going to hit some low bar squats up and have the real chadlex show me how to do them properly.

No we all know you're lying and you're a teenager.

First for boy butts

6x6 squats at 235 lbs then some accessories

WAWTT lads?

CGBP, Front Squats, Chins. Last 5/3/1 Mesocycle till meet. Amped as fuck.

Oh pal you have no idea. Are you up to developing a Spotoshot Jr program for me? My offseason is only going to be around 3 months. My offer to you if we do it is I'll do a bench only meet.

>WAWTT lads?

Upper vd:

>mandatory
5-6x5 binch
5-6x5 weighted chins

>close to mandatory
4x10-12 DB bench
3-4x10-12 LTEs
wrist roller
3-4x10-12 face pulls
3-4x10-12 lateral raises

>if i have energy after chins
ohp

>occasionally
3-4x10-12 curl
3x10 standing DB The Press

What program is that? When I see 6x6 squats it reminds me of Nuckols programs.

What numbers are you hoping to hit at your meet?

I'm not a powerlifter, or a powerlifting coach, and have less than zero interest in any of the above, I think it's stupid and pointless and moronic, and I AM IN YOUR THREAD, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT FAGGOT?

Smolov Jr! Tomorrow is Week 3 day 1.

Good luck m8

Reminding mods that the user WeakLifts is a teenager

>What numbers are you hoping to hit at your meet?

Would love to break 1200# total @ 183

18 year olds are teenagers

You should consider competing it's really fun.

Stay awhile. Learn of our ways. You may come to join us.

'No'

Be quiet sean

This isn't powerlifting discussion now is it :^)

You're not allowed to discuss powerlifting anywhere in this website because you're a teenager.

That seems a bit unnecessary for you. Why'd you start smolov?

Nice. mirin' Good luck.

Cause he's not a powerlifter

You're right, I probably am 6 months away from being ready for Smolov. I just liked the volume and the hard work that came with it. Hard lifts and hard sets are what keep me going

You should stop going.

No one is ever ready for smolov

nn lads. SSBro if you're out there, think about my request for a SpotoShotJr. program.

Haha, true I guess

Night man

post comfy things

youtube.com/watch?v=5Fp1viiRJnw

>powerlifting related
squats are cool

Hey if it's working, then that's good for you I guess. You should maybe look into candito 6 week if you want a lower body program that makes you
>try hard

nn /plg/
I'll be back to shitpost more tomorrow.

night man. I haven't tested my new squat max yet but I did a light test and already added 10lbs to my bench. Anyway I guess I'm going to bed too now. Night man

why are the 10x3 and 5x3 sets of c6w with 1 min rest if volume is accumulative wouldn't it be the same?

if you have spotify,

Best to You by Blood Orange

youtube.com/watch?v=L1FJGo3s7zQ&list=PLhTknrPdQ9vogzoSvJN2bDl04CI52zyty

Not sure if this is the complete album but its really nice. Portraits by Maribou State

Last,

Beach House

I'm gonna go make $600 at work.

>when you inflate da holiday pay to @10

how old r u lil guy

$600 for a day? Mirin' hard. Too bad it's not 665 desu..

Okay, going to bed for real. nn /plg/

First day back after I pulled my QL. Its been like 9 days so Im just gonna do some fucking around and see where Im at.

go away chad

Help why do all my Squat sets feel the same despite weight? First set of 100kg 5x5 feels same as 120kg 1x5????? Running TM

Night /plg/

Hopefully things get comfy again now that the weekend is over.

>mfw just got in a fight with 4 15 year olds because they ganged up on a couple because they said no when they asked for a cigarette

Straya M8

Hi Wank,

going to bed.

good to see you.

nn friend

Night friendo

did you win?

Well yeah, they're teenage wannabe gangsters, I picked one up and slammed him, and another guy came in and punched another while shouting obscenities, so they ran

Saddest part was seeing the couple's kids crying because their parents were getting beat up in front of them desu

good lad

Just another average day in straya m8

Cardio is better for you than powerlifting.

I don't think many will disagree with this lad

what's your bw at now big guy?

Water is wet
Isley loves pegging

124 ladfam

wow. do you look super tiny?
how are your lifts moving? suffering any?

Not warmed up enough.

>I picked one up and slammed him

Did he survive?

Nah I'm still a big guy (4u)
My squat and bench have suffered, not sure by how much, but it's not a crazy amount, my deadlift is around the same

I strained my lower back tho and keep restraining it, so might have to go bench only for a few weeks to let it heal, we'll see how it goes

gotcha. be safe lad, hope your blood pressure it down.
night everyone, hope you have a better plg than this afternoons

He was on the ground for a good 30 seconds all winded on all fours, so his friend helped him up as they ran off

Why do kids in straya nowadays do such more retarded bullshit on average, fuck.

>tfw will never be that big

Hopefully it goes down soon :(

Nn fAm

So much*

It gets worse the further north you go m8, I'm on nsw/qld border and the kids are way worse than down in Melbourne, regularly cause accidents and beatings

Glad I don't live there then tBh, dealing with retarded try hard teenagers on public transport is something I don't want to have to get used to

Last night was one of the worst plgs I've ever seen, what's wrong with those anons?

When's your next comp?

Wew senpai.
>ywn stomp shits in Melbourne with wank

Junior nats, but gonna find out today whether I'm pulling out or not

As much as I hate "street" fighting, and never lay hands on anyone unless needed, slamming that little shit was unbelievably satisfying tbqh

Do you fuvgers do any cardio?

My work capacity is shit, so I should probably start. But like, im not sure how.

Work capacity is a meme

reminder that this is what /plg/ shitposters look like

this is what trappy orbiters look like. Imagine this kid talking about how he wants to hold trappys hand

Figures

Weaklifts is gay, he doesn't like traps.

B-but meme knuckles told me even poweifters need to cardio

We don't NEED it, but it's useful
Just do whatever you want man

Hiking, rowing, hill sprints, prowler, tire flips, barbell complexes, sports.

Pick something and do it easy for 40+min or pick one and do it hard for 15 min or so.

Don't overlook it, get of your ass.

I do WANT to improve my meme capacity since I get way too winded way too fast. I guess Ill do c25k just wanted opinions here. Dunno why

>Hill sprints
>tire flips
>prowler
These memes need to end.

Both are good for HIIT, our short alactic cardio.

Your dick is a meme.

What's prowler?

this, all you need is sled pulls

Want to change my programming of 4x7 low bar squats for the same of beltless high bar for dat sumo transfer.

Any ideas what % of my low bar that would be?

Yes they are good for hiit I completely agree with you

Hiit is not at all something any powerlifter needs. And if you're doing a high volume program near your MRV you should stay away from stressful and immensely taxing things like hiit.

So I'm a casual fag that wants to get into powerlifting. Is a routine where I have 2 training days and do Deadlifts+Bench and Squat+OHP on them plus some accessory work? Still in linear progression. When is the point I switch to 5 3 1 or something simmilar? When I stale on all lifts or just like 2-3?

>tfw my chinese cartoon just hit me with the hard hitting questions

When 2-3 lifts stall consider changing.

Your "routine" looks rubbish but that's by no means a bad thing.

Remember that to get into powerlifting you need to go to a competition (although that's not easy these days. Demand outstrips supply).

Don't laugh at my numbers but this is my plan. It's pretty much stuff from Reg Parks mixed with some extra accessory.

I would be very, very surprised if beltless high bar turned out to have better carryover to sumo than lowbar does.

>Remember that to get into powerlifting you need to go to a competition

I competed after lifting for 7 months. Am I still a powerlifter?

Possibly. Powerlifting is a sport. If you compete in it, by definition you're a powerlifter.

Doesn't mean you - or me - are any good at it. That's not part of the definition.

Hey at least your bench is relatively strong compared to your other lifts

My squat is almost 170 and I do my worksets with 77.5, although i'm a benchlet

I did some working out when I was still in school. All we did was bench and stuff like gymbros. I guess that's why the bench went up really quickly.

Are you doing another? Then yes. Otherwise you simply were one.

This. Succinct.

Looks okay

(PS call it a program not a routine and you'll look more knowledgeable and less like exactly what you are)

Yeah I've got one comming up in september. Finna show off my bench gains

youtu.be/DanoR0MXNrM

>when you quads are so sore that they feel bruised when you touch them

feels good man

>Hey guys, you are fuckin weak.
>Regards, /plg/

Hey guys, you are fucking unathletic and slow. I hope your boring caveman hobby makes you proud!

Best regards,
/owg/

why lift light weights instead of heavy weights?

B-but demand quad gains

Cauchi swears by it and his sumo is beastly

Because there's no point to lift heavy if your tech sucks and you can't carry the numbers to your sport. Most of us aren't insecure enough to just lift for size and strength, we enjoy the sport and weightlifting is much more than just strength, which is why your hobby is so boring and easily the easiest "sport"

You know weightlifting is scored on who moves the most right? Not who lifts the prettiest? There are no style points in WLing.

PS keep being a twink, skelly.

wow you're so sophisticated

please tech me your ways oh twink one

>You know weightlifting is scored on who moves the most right

Wrong. Read the rules. For example, you can't push snatch/jerk with bent arms, arms must be straight when you catch it.

Also in a sport like this, you lose so much power if you ignore tech. That's why most people pick powerlifting, because its easier technically