Who here /irredeemably weak/?

Who here /irredeemably weak/?

>TFW 145 squat
>TFW struggle to shoulder press 25lb dumbbells
>TFW deadlift 195
>TFW lat pulldown 120lb x 8 at most
>TFW cant even bench 115

Honestly feels demotivating seeing old people or women stronger than you. I can't even make eyecontact with people. I want to cry.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/-/172263241867?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Am I the weakest on Veeky Forums?

I have heard stories of people unable to bench the empty bar.

Idk if that was memeing or truth

calm down nancy, everyone starts somewhere

i could barely bench the bar (literally had to have a dude spot me with the fucking) when i started

fucking around with 10 lb dumbbells doing curls while my friends were right next to me with 30s or higher in their hands. bros don't care dude, everyone at the gym knows you're their trying to get better. keep at it, we bereeve in u

>spot me with the fucking

Mate that wasn't spotting, you got banged by a dude

with the fucking bar*

Its okay man when I started I was 265 lbs and could only bench 95lbs when I started. I'm 198 right now and bench 275 it took me 4+years because I wasn't consistent the whole time but hey you'll make it man. Stick with it.

>When I started

Worst part is I've lifted for months. Just feels like shit guys. Honestly makes me want to cry when hot chicks look at me pressing a miserable weight and struggling.

I look like I'm breaking a world record when lifting but there's nothing on the bar really. I don't know guys

Being as weak as I am shouldn't even be possible, yet here I am.

I've been reading different shit about lifting and some guy was trying to give motivation saying when he started he could "barely" press 27.5lb dumbbells and that he was embarrassed and ashamed... he was stronger than me when he started and I've been at it for months

>120x8 Lat pull down
>I was doing this when deadlifting over 4 plates

just keep on lifting and eating and stop caring about what women at the gym think of you

how long is months? it takes time for you to build muscle, especially when you start really weak. it took me a while to add weights to the bar when i was benching.

at a certain point though, you must consider that you are doing something wrong and you are your own gainz goblin. are you eating properly? what is your diet? how many calories? how much protein? how much sleep do you get? is it good rest? do you wake up feeling refreshed? how often do you lift? what is your routine?

165 ohp
240 bench
340 squat
420 dead
All 1rms lifting for three fucking years, normies think my numbers are impressive, but seems like everyone and their granny reps out this shit after six months

>shoulder press 25lb dumbbells

If you're doing it comfortably that's really not that bad OP. I do 5 sets of 10 at 30 and it isn't easy.

hey so who are your personal heroes? who are people that you look at and say "i want to be like him or her"?

do you think any of those people ever took a moment out of their day to even think if people were laughing at them or making fun of them? ya gotta stop thinking about those bitches and focus on yourself.

at a certain point, unless you're a powerlifter, nobody cares how much you lift as long as you look big

What kind of fucking granny benches 240?

We talking 1rm or reps? Because I never bother checking my 1rms.

>tfw granny gave u shit bench genetics

there's a self selection bias here

the people who are more likely to talk about their stats are people who have higher 1rms.

Thanks guys

I'm trying to cut so maybe that's why it's slow going, I dunno it just feels horrible

Reps of course

I'm doing 3x5 for compounds 3x8 for isolations

>there's a self selection bias here
fuck off nerd

x8 Lat pull down
>>I was doing this when deadlifting over 4 plates

Are you just trying to make me feel better or is it ok? I only bent over row 95lbs strict and I can't make any gains on it

Ignore the majority of estats here bro. Those are fine numbers, great if you're not a powerlifter.

Not trying to do anything, just sharing my personal experience. I was barbell rowing 185 for reps at that point.

Just always felt like when I went much heavier my form deteriorated. I wasn't feeling a good squeeze in my lats.

Now I deadlift over 500 lb and I lay pull down like 170 for 8

Don't cut! No point in cutting, you need to put on some muscle first. And if those numbers are for reps, they are all right for a beginner. When people say how much they lift they mean their 1RM.

6 months in to SS

>Bench 200
>OHP 130
>Squat 230
>Dead 250

mfw thinking about my squats

I'm really fat user

My waist is wider than my shoulders. I dont think I should bulk.

Oh. I seem to be making good progress in it, adding 5lbs to lat pulldown nearly every workout

Did nine chinups yesterday, felt heat inside stomach and intense pain in neck. Am I trying to hard?

>That feel I'm so weak everyone just abandoned the thread

T-thanks anyway guys

Here's your problem, you gotta commit to one or the other.

Either cut first and worry about lifts after, or bulk and make good lifts then cut after.

Try to do both at the same time and you'll fail at both.

>mfw my numbers are higher after running greyskull since january

Honestly your form is probably shit given your other numbers. Most people do lat pulldowns incorrectly.

I don't think it is

I don't swing my back or whatever it's called like some people do it, I "pull with my elbows", bring it to my chin and my back is like 115° or so

no one posts their early lifts here of course they suck and they know it

stop crying like a bitch and you'll make it

This February I started with the bar for most of my lifts. I even shoulder pressed 20lb dumbells before I could use the bar.
Now I lift
>155 squat
>90 OHP
>155 deadlift
>145 bench
I'm still weak as fuck, but it's an improvement

How is your bench almost the same as your deadlift?

Go see a doctor dude, maybe you have cancer or some shit

I'm deloading and trying to improve my form right now, but my deadlift has always been my weakest lift.

did you read SS?
height and weight

I've seen that irl

Women aren't supposed to be "weak" tho, so what's the matter if they're stronger than you??

>height and weight

i'm ashamed to even type it out

I know it's a meme but seriously. SS+ GOMAD only to the GOMAD if you're skinny

It's for a good cause :), click on the following link
ebay.com/itm/-/172263241867?

no thanks

>only 40lbs of my diddly but 80lbs off my bench

Who /upper body/ here?

I literally can't press for shit, i dunno what it is

Add dips/OHP/tricep kickbacks to your routine and your press will shoot up

I do tricep pushdowns(p weak though, literally 30lbs for 3x8 with rope attachment).

My right shoulder hurts a lot too after lifting usually so I'm kind of trying to not hurt it more, I'll probably add dips when I strengthen my shit up more although I could do them on that assistance machine

what you guys need to realize is that your proportions play a huge role in your numbers

work done=force*distance

if your distance decreases then so does the amount of work done

for example, someone who has super long arms compared to the rest of his body will have an easy time deadlifting due to the decrease in ROM needed to complete the lift

where as a guy with really short arms will have an easier time with pressing movements because he too doesn't have to move the weight that much

it's why you see shorter people with higher numbers all the time

actually... Do you think I should add in dips now and just do them assisted?

dont do assisted dips

do negatives

Why not assisted?

Wouldn't it be much easier to progress when I can just have like 50lbs assisted and reduce it like that in increments until I can do bodyweight and then weighted?

Yes, that's probably why. user, you will not get stronger until you start eating enoufh.

I am eating 2000 calories, I really need to cut I look like complete shit. I'm like 25% bodyfat

My squat is just astoundingly weak compared to my other lifts.

Bench: 195 5x5
The Press: 115 5x5
DL: 275 1x5
Squat: 155 5x5

The other day, I did a superset of pause squats and 3 rep sets of The Press, with the same lmao1pl8.

>tfw neo-Veeky Forums is full of easily intimidated jocks

negatives work your stabalizer muscles more so you don't shake like a retard when doing dips

also once you get down to -20ish on the assisted dip machine or whatever the seat starts bouncing off your knees which is fucking annoying

anyway this my anecdotal experience, do what works best for you

>I have heard stories of people unable to bench the empty bar.
even my very small girlfriend is able to bench the empty bar...i don´t want to believe that there are men out there who cant bench it...

>>tfw neo-Veeky Forums is full of easily intimidated jocks
>implying the guy you're replying to was not autistic enough to play a sport
>or is even Veeky Forums enough to participate

>negatives work your stabalizer muscles more so you don't shake like a retard when doing dips

So how would this work?

Would I just lower myself down for 5 sets of 35 reps of this? How do I know how to progress? Seems like it just would be a lot slower and inefficient...

The stabilizing muscles would be worked more but isn't it slightly negligible anyways?

Leg press brah
Literally no harm in using it to build mass.
It's how I got past 2pl8 when I first started.

Bro. I got you. You got this shit. Remember. Iryone will help you get gyrains

When I started lifting I could only bench the bar 3 fucking times. That's how weak I was. After 24 months of going to the gym 5 times a week my max bench is only 185. It takes fucking TIME to build actual good clean quality muscle. BULK BULK BULK BULK BULK until you can squat 3 plates, bench 2, and press 1. I don't care if it takes 2 years or 3. You won't look good cut unless you can attain those lifts.

I trained couple of y e a r s
>bench 80kg 3x8
>squat 110kg 5x5
>DL 110kg 5x5
Weak asf

>5 sets of 35 reps
you mean 5x7?

and the progression works like
>jump
>hold at top
>slowly lower yourself down to floor

if you complete all your sets then progress to

>don't jump
>push down with arms
>hold at top
>slowly lower yourself down to floor

if you complete all your sets then progress to

>push down with arms
>hold at top
>lower body
>hold at parallel
>lower yourself down to floor

if you can do that then you should be able to move on to actual bodyweight dips

Should I do tricep or chest dips then?

Don't want to make a thread so I'll just vent here.
>lifting on and off for 2 years, 10 months straight right now
>shit insertions
>outie ribcage
>chest gap
>only look okay from certain angles
Gotta lose some belly fat as well, might help my over all morale.

I wasn't able to bench it when I started. Took me few weeks of dumbell bench press and after that it kinda snowballed. I can bench 2plates now, not that it's something to boast about.

Do you have any problems with your equipment?
You could have low test.

it doesn't really matter until you can do actual bodyweight dips for reps

but to be honest, it depends on your routine as well
if you're doing SS then I prefer the chest version because flat benching doesn't really hit your chest all that much

for triceps you can always add skullcrushers as an accessory

This is my routine (babylover's ss):
A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Chins 15-20 total reps, add weight or use assisted.
Rows 3x5 SUPER STRICT.
Optional: Cable rows, 3x8 bicep work, 3x8 rear delt flyes, do this at your own discretion. If you don't feel like it, don't worry

B
Front squat 3x5
MP 3x5
Deadlifts 1x5
Optional: 15-20 reps of dips, 3x8 tricep work

>for triceps you can always add skullcrushers as an accessory
Seems damaging and unsafe desu, I went with pushdowns instead.

That's OK OP I'm stuck as well
When I started lifting I was 68 kg, then shot up to 71 in a month and have been stuck at 71 for three months now even though I been counting my calories and eating more
Shit sucks

I'm 5'9" 130 pounds. Completely emaciated. I've never even been in a gym before.

I started lifting some weights in my room, just 18 pound dumbbells. I do bicep curls, two arm extensions, shrugs, bent over row and palms-in shoulder presses. I do like 5x30 reps with them (yeah so like 120-150 reps total) until i get tired, except for the shoulder presses where I can only do like 5x10 reps

The weights can be removed and combined with each other but when I combine one side, it makes it an unevenly balanced 26 pound dumbbell and unsafe to lift, and i can't left when it's like 35 pounds combined

I bet I couldn't even bench press the bar, in fact I'm probably sure of it. And I've never done any other forms or lift in my life.

This desu

Are you making progress though? Because that's all that matters.

And if not, are you gettin enough rest / protein, and doing proper exercise numbers?

stop being such a pussy, even though you might be mocked it's an anonymous post on a sri lankan bull insemination forum, who the fuck cares?

Just keep trying fami. Everyday try to do a little better. Its not about what you can do now. It is about how far you are willing to go. Even professionals started out somewhere.

start training light weights for high reps then slows increase weight. Building muscle and endurance is a long ass grind.

bump

bump...

Why?

Weak but seeing gains of strength and visible hypertrophy while cutting via volume heave home kettlbell routine checking in.

>Started out using pairs of 10 and 20 lb kettlbells - found it hella hard to do some exercises with 10s and 20s
>Can't even do volume on some exercises using 20s.
>Bought set of 30s
>Looking forward to getting stronger.

Be sure to eat well, sleep well, and drink your scoops.

>Hurt my back deadlifting 135 for 5x5.
>Gymbro who's been deadlifting for years says my form is fine.
>Keep my back straight and still get dull,aching pain for days.

JUST. END. IT.

6 months of SS
You'll become stronger than 95% of the human population

Been lifting for 2 years, started at 135lb bench and have only repped 215 once at my heaviest bodyweight 175lbs, I can barely do 195 right now at 165lbs

No I just did the program. I think my squat stalled because I didn't track my calories or macros

If it makes you feel better OP, the highest I've ever squatted was 50 lbs. Then again I just started lifting this week, and I was trying to play it safe with the squats, so I have no idea what my 1 rep max is.

I'm /weaktorso/

>go from 280lbs fatty to 200lbs probably skinnyfat @ 13%bf
>doc says almost all my fat is in my trunk and upper back
>380 lb squat
>200 lb shoulder press
>250 lb deadlift
>250 lb pec fly
>130 lb lat pulldown
>115 lb bench
>150 lb row

It's impossible to gain muscle and cut. Finish your cut then bulk.

That was me lel.

Now its 2 plate, remember everyone started at bottom

>380 lb squat
>115 lb bench
Literally what the fuck, how is this even possible? Are you a fucking T Rex?

He's a former fatty, it's pretty possible imo.

Though that's a ridiculous squat and kinda small DL.

I'm a former fatty and I'm the opposite, my upper body is way stronger relatively speaking than my lower body. Did 205 lbs bench for reps today and my squat is only at 245 lbs for reps.

>tfw stuck on two and a half plates for the last three weeks
>tfw can't lift more than one plate OHP
I'm sick of this baby weight i want to lift more.

>6 months of SS
>6 months.
Wait, what? If I'm not wrong SS is for beginners and you should do it just 3 or 4 months. Right?

Thank you so much for this thread. I have these large arms and a pronounced chest but i can only bench like 115. like wtf is that. always thought i was strong.. but now's the time to get there i guess

They're called fatceps. You're just fat.

You should do it until it stops working despite being consistent in your work outs, your nutrition, rest, form, and having already deloaded multiple times. There isn't a magic number of months or lbs on the bar to switch. You do a program until the program doesn't work anymore.