IF - Intermittent fasting

Hello fit,

Tomorrow is the day I wil start intermittent fasting, I will be following the lean gains schedule.

That is 16 hours of fasting followed by a 8 hour eating period.

Have any of you ever tried IF, if so what where your experiences.

Would you recommend it or not?

It would be nice if some of you would like to share your views.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IF is GOAT.

I do 4 hour eating window.

I do 23h fast and 1h eating a big satisfying meal in the evening.
Feels good not worrying about food during the day, get up and get to activities I have to do.
Still have energy even for lifting and don't feel the after-meal heaviness during the day.
Sleep well because big carbs-loaded meal.

It was a bit hard the first few days but after that all right.
Think I've lost some fat too.

That picture is incorrect for Veeky Forums
There are no balls

Why is it important to eat the largest portion of your daily calories after you work out?

> Rimjob themes are always present in Veeky Forums.

Why?

IF is convenient af.

I skip breakfast, lunch. Only have dinner, hit my workout and eat my post-workout.

8h eating window is basically just skipping breakfast...
8 fucking hours of eating, I don't even consider it to be "intermittent fasting"! Try 18/6 at least, or more

I was bulking on 18/6 and feeling great, then I tried 20/4. It was impractical for bulking, but I'd definitely recommend it for cutting.

one thing that I always wonder about IF.... isn't this just a case of framing a cut differently - i.e. you cannot possibly eat your TDEE as a lifter in a 6 hour window (unless you go full retard on a bucket of Ben and Jerry's as a part of that window)

>isn't this just a case of framing a cut differently - i.e. you cannot possibly eat your TDEE as a lifter in a 6 hour window
It's its main purpose, yes, but not the only one. It has a hormonal and metabolic effect as well, I don't have the articles to readily show you, but it shouldn't be hard to find those

Also yes, you can eat your TDEE in that window. I tend to eat right about it in calories without going full retard, which is awesome for maintenance as well.
To bulk on 18/6 I had to drink some extra calories but it wasn't so hard. Then I tried bulking on 20/4 and damn, that was stupid.

why would IF matter if all that matters is calories in = calories out + used

>easier to eat less calories, incredible hunger control
>feels better during the day
>you get used to fasting, so you don't feel like an useless empty sack of potatoes when you haven't eaten

Neato. does it play well with macronutrient separation (don't eat high carbs and high fats at the same time type of deal)? that's another part of dieting I am still not sure about

>TDEE
m8, I am 6'6'', and work out daily. my TDEE is over 4000... Only thing that comes to mind other than ice-cream are probably full-on deli pizza and Russian Pelmeni with mayo.

Because in the morning, when you eat you eat at a bad window where your sense of fullness is getting played by a bunch of dumb hormones.

They get normalized after a while, like 4 to 7 hours. Calories in vs out is still the same of course, but your sense of fullness will be easier to manage.

Plus your cortisol levels peak in the morning and if you dont exercise and/or eat, they can be managed to stay low enough to not mess with your test.

>I am 6'6"
So what m8, the amount of food you need and the amount of food you can eat is related to your size, fuck absolute values
Let's say a normal sized burger could satisfy a 5'4 manlet; I could eat two at 6'0; you would probably eat 3, you see? You need more calories but you can eat more calories, so absolute values are irrevelant in this comparison, I'm sure if you could do an exact copy of my diet but increase the total amount of food to adjust for your height and it would feel the same as I feel eating it

Anyway,
>Neato. does it play well with macronutrient separation (don't eat high carbs and high fats at the same time type of deal)? that's another part of dieting I am still not sure about
You CAN separate macrunutrients, but your options get kinda limited given that you will probably have like 2 meals, maybe 3...
I used to lift fasted, then start the eating window.
>1st meal: lots of protein and carbs (almost no fats) (example: rice, beef, potatoes, chicken breast)
>2nd meal: complete meal (example: oats, whey protein, almonds, anything tasty)
>3rd meal: only protein+fats+veggies (example: beef, chicken breast, eggs, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach)

test

ooh, Russia got unbanned

IF is a godsend
Eat once in the evening, feel like you eat food in actual large portions, satisfying as fuck
Zero hunger throughout the day, no sugar crashes
Run 5K+ every morning, lots of energy for the whole day
Ate an ice cream several days ago before getting a haircut, almost fell asleep in the chair though. Glucose levels are real

>Ate an ice cream several days ago before getting a haircut, almost fell asleep in the chair though. Glucose levels are real

Same thing happened to me, had some fruit at lunch instead of fasting through it and had the hardest bike ride home I've ever had after work.

guys, would it be IF when I skip lunch? So, breakfast at 7, dinner at 19, two periods of 11 hours of fasting in between?

Psychological compliance to a caloric deficit is arguably more important than the deficit itself

I guess you are still fasting intermittently....

As long as it works for you, who cares what to call it

for me, it's about convenience
no need to bother with either breakfast or lunch and just prepare food once
IMO, it's just easier to keep on a diet within caloric limits this way
the term "IF" is a meme though that covers wide range of fasting from 6 to 23 hours. Do what works for you. "5 meals a day" is definitely not necessary for anyone not struggling with putting on weight

if i dont do IF i will fart the whole day everyday.

Well, I am hungry as fuck at the end of the day (before dinner) so I guess I am fasting.

I like eating breakfast, it's also a social thing with my roommates, so I'd rather not miss it to be honest.

I think breakfast+dinner is really comfy as you can easily prepare and eat at home while lunch is always a logistical problem.

The whole premise of IF is that you are sustaining a fasted state for a few hours, then re-feeding. You can easily control your caloric intake with the method you suggest but you will probably just feel hungry all the time.

>he doesn't eat ass

Found the virgin.

How the fuck can you niggas get all your protein absorbed with such low feeding windows? Doesn't it get wasted? What source of protein are you guys using?

No. The desirable effects happen after the 12h hour.
Do you think it's pointless to eat more than 70 grams of chicken breast as well because you supposedly can't process more than 20g protein at a time?

what are your cals and macros?

Dunno, man, it's what I've read. Is it broscience and if so, where can I read more on the subject?

Someone can explain or think it can relates that when I tried IF i had very low libido?
It worked great for fat losing but that problem made me stop and it fixed with standard diet, like immediately.
I was on 18/6 lifting in the morning eating around 3 p.m.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3595342/

You can only SYNTHESIZE 30g in a sitting.

You can anabolize much more than that.

P.s. There are studies showing that you get more efficient at synthesizing protein when you source it from a single bolus of food.

I cant actually find this study, only a video of eric helms talking about it, and even that i might have trouble digging up.

Idk man.

My dick is hard all the time and i do 20/4.

Eat less protein and more fats and carbs?

For what its worth, ive been eating one meal a day for a while and you eventually get used to it. Any hunger around 1-2pm is usually cured with a coffee. Ive been doing it on a caloric deficit and have managed to lose about 9kg so far.

Have been doing it for a few weeks, really good for finishing up a cut

it'll change your life, just stick to it

IF is srs the best way to eat, especially on a cut. just have a cup of coffee in the morning and go about your day. before you know it, it's time to eat

i do 18-6

It was mentioned at the end of that article you linked anyway. Thanks a bunch for the read.

recovery for when you sleep

penty of science and anecdotal experience behind it, google it if youre really curious

It is not. glycogen lasts in Your system for aprox 2 days, then the body starts to be catabolic. You can train in the morning and have BCAA every 3 hours and have only one meal even 9h after that.

Been trying for a week now. Boy is it a funny feeling being lightheaded from lack of food while feeling bloated from eating too damn much at the same fucken time...

>runs 5k anyway
>almost faints
>deadlift day tomorrow
>wish me luck, brahs...