>free hugs and running around
>would literally get killed in an MMA fight

pussies

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFjmflSKjZ0&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>but user, mma is so violent, not like boxing

Great thread op.

MMA is only good in MMA though. And I'd rather get hit by a guy who practices MMA than a boxer... All things being equal.

yeah i love watching men rolling around on the floor

That's like making fun of pro basketball players for not being as good as pro footballers at football, they're two different sports with different rules lol

sauce / moar plz

All I have, sorry
Have some other high test bro

Why not both?
I started out as an mma fan but now I watch alot of boxing too, there is definitely less big fights in boxing due to the boxers having more power, and a loss is more devastating to a boxing career in comparison to mma.
But when two boxers are having a great match, it's more beautiful to see than when two mma fighters with a grappling/wrestling background have a 3-5 round slugfest, cuz ur basically watching guys with a few years of striking experience go at it.
But I do admit no boxing match this year could compare to the excitement ufc 200 or 202 brings.
If you wanna check out a good recent boxing match watch Thurman vs porter from last weekend.

lol @ fightfags trying to justify their stupid "sport"

>fitness

>not golovkin canelo

Only striking is fun to watch. Grappling is boring at best. A strike filled mma fight can be good, but boxing is usually good.

>3 months of boxing experience
>Sparring at the end of a practice against dudes with 3+years
>My face when
>Literally my face is being beaten in

They weren't even punching hard because they knew I wasn't good, it was just shitty finding out how bad I really am

Because MMA is realistic, except you cant hit the throat, the balls, the back of the neck, you cant knee someone touching the ground (wtf), you cant bring a knife...

I could go on and on. MMA is a good sport, but is not real life.

Can't wait tbqh.

This. Both sports have their share of shit fights and good fights. I wouldn't want to watch Fury vs Chisora 2 again nor would I want to watch a grapplefest.

True, true
HOWEVER

i want to do boxing , muay thai boxing, and jiu jitsu

wew senpai let me make a more insperational story
>be 16
>few weeks in boxing
>spar with ruski
>17 heavier 7 months but a bit shorter
>nigga tells me light sparring
>give him fucking taps (pingpong punches)
>BREAKS MY FOOKING RIBS
>play it cool
>dont even hunch
>break his nose
>knock him down(he gets back up in 5-7 seconds)
>find out my ribs are broken the next day

Remind me why bodyshots matter?

how do i into rockhold mode minus the sore loser attitude?

Drop your right hand and get ktfo'd

and stick your out

I was convinced he was gonna get ko'd by weidman, because in the machida fight rockhold kept getting tagged with a left, then in a video of him sparring at mayweathers gym it kept happening too, but then he beat weidman and I figured he could just eat that shot

But would you rather get in a fight with a boxer or mma?

If i was giving a free shot, yea an mma guy might not hit as hard (but he might, i am sure conor mcmeme hits harder than mayweather, and he is a garbage boxer in comparison)

But if we are getting in a fight?

For sure the boxer who cant handle kicks, or kicking distances/footwork, and who will do nothing when you take the fight to the ground.

I mean this was literally the first question answered by early mma, boxing vs wrestling who wins? 95% the fight goes to the ground before a knockout is landed, so 95% the wrestler wins.

Hence boxing is not actually that valuable in real fighting (you only need "enough" boxing to be a perfect mma striker, the diaz brothers are a perfect example of this. Good enough to outbox mcmeme, but also nasty off their back, or on top)

This is why i laugh when people think mark hunt will win ufc 200

They fed him to the wolves, man.

Sure his takedown defense is dramatically improved from before but.. Who has brock lesnar NOT been able to take down? Aside from uberreem who was running a 16:1 free test:test ratio during the fight.

The man had more than 16 times the free test levels than anyone reading this sentence (except you, /fraud/)

He was walking steroids.

Outside of that, brock will take down everyone he touches. Mark hunt has maybe a 20% chance to KO brock, my guess would be an upper cut as he comes in for a takedown. But that most likely wont happen.

Brock will get on top, and he has impeccable top control. Hunt has no ground game, and will lose the fight.

And i would put my money on mark hunt against any current heavyweight boxer around.

Lots of fights have ended with a bodyshot.

Hell uberreem KO'd brock with a body kick.

But it isnt all about KOs

Look at what mcmeme did to chad mendez (mendes?)

He was getting outclassed by a better fighter, but kept throwing body kicks to knock the wind out of chad.

Cant breathe, cant fight. Mcmeme used body strikes to defeat a superior fighter.

But yea, grats on getting your ribs broke and still winning.
That is some serious fighter spirit

Hunt is gonna fucking drop that fat ogre

The only reason those wrestlers were so effective against strikers is because they know how to fucking wrestle. If I'm fighting some random scrub on the street, I'm not tackling him to the ground and leaving myself open for his friends to stomp on me, because trying to wrestle someone in a real-life scenario where they could have a weapon or friends involved is about the stupidest shit you can do.

Regardless:

If I'm getting "in a fight", by which I believe you mean an unsanctioned action of self-defense vs. an aggressor in a every-day-life situation, I'd rather draw my CC on who the fuck ever it is and try to talk the situation down. In such a situation, it really doesn't matter whether the person is a boxer or an mma fighter, because my trigger pull is faster than a punch or a take-down and I know how to back out and keep my distance.

You don't even have an argument. You're some circle-jerking never-been-in-a-fight armchair-expert wannabe who doesn't have the slightest idea about anything you're trying to talk about.

Source: I was a military cop for 6 years.

You're right, MMA IS a snoozefest for pussies

The only question MMA ever answered was that jujitsu is the way to win a 1 v 1 fist fight. And that was done the 1st time Royce won.

Anyone who trains for fighting that isn't doing a fighting sport is wasting their time. I don't train to fight but I will win 100% of the fights I'm in since I'm not a savage and I carry a gun. Only children hit.

well man that's definitely just your opinion, boxing is a different beast all together. It's like comparing baseball to soccer they're both ball sports but still different.

Boxing of course isn't a true fight and it's not meant to be- it's about excelling in one field. Plus boxing footwork, head movement, reflexes, angles etc are all pretty effective.

MMA is for masters of none. Amateur boxing is the patrician martial arts choice.

Judo is better than BJJ btw.

yo just while we're on the topic what is it about martial arts that attracts male insecurities? especially like mmma/ufsilly. heaps lame. know so many people that buy all the stuff and are obsessed with it and do anything but train.

>Judo is better than BJJ btw.
Why? Because honda housey dominated against a bunch of shit-tier competitors?

Judo is less applicable than muay thai or greco-roman clinch work.

Name one judo player who competed against elite fighters and won (key word elite fighters, training to fight people who cant fight is basically aikido)

And if that doesnt convince you, here is a famous douche that agrees with me
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFjmflSKjZ0&feature=youtu.be

Sorry should have really clarified that statement, pretty silly. Meant to say judo is more practical than bjj for self defense. That'd be my interest in it. I box but it's only for the sport, no inclined to be punching my way out of situations.

also MT is pretty gud

>bringing a gun to a fist fight
>calling someone else a pussy

Normally boxer vs wrestler, boxer has "a puncher's chance" (as they say)

Hunt is another animal, so he has a good shot. I gave him 20%.

But if you are after a wager, you could probably talk me into betting against you.

>le fighting groups of people is a common scenario meme.
When will it end?
If you are fighting a group, have your fucking boys with you. Dont get gangbanged by yourself, you friendless faggot

In reality, outside of kung fu movies where you out strike 20 people at once, fights almost always go to the ground, even between boxers.

What is the boxing ref doing?
Always breaking them up when shit gets real.

Conor gets outboxed and panic wrestles himself to the ground against a ground fighter.

Why?
He is a striker.

Because instinct took over, and he did whatever it took to stop the punches.

That is literally why it is called panic wrestling.

100000% of boxers do this in real fights
>but what about when i am by myself fighting 3 people?
No.
Shut up.
Stop being an unrealistic fucktard
Fuck you
Gb2 /asp/ with the rest of the keyboard warriors who would get their shit handed to them if they stepped in the cage with anyone of an amateur caliber

So you literally only watched the first 3 episodes?
Neat.

Watch the decade of fights after that.

All of the nineties-early 2000s

Or have you not heard of matt hughes

Ninjitsu
Kung fu
""""Internal"""" martial arts

Pretty much any bullshit fu

Jeet kune do (muh bluce ree)

Bjj white belts are fags, but pretty much every experienced bjj player is alright to hang out with.

Especially if they smoke weed
Bjj+marijuana=10/10 humble and chill and easy going positive friendo

i am a boxer myself and have been in alot of fights -sorry to say that btw- and will say the majority of street fights have some part of ground to em. as much as i may dislike to admit it. having wrestled on tha streetz before lemme tell ya it sucks

Your statement is still dumb.

Judo only works on people who have no clue what they are doing.

What if you are defending yourself from a guy who did greco roman in high school, and maybe dabbled a bit in college? A not all too uncommon scenario for american thugs

suits me fine im from aus but if that's what you reckon

Thanks for the real ess bro.

And let me be clear.
I train boxing.
I love boxing.
I am not trying to shit on boxing.

People on Veeky Forums get too carried away with
>muh striking

dude..there's a whole instagram of her but not for lazy bastards like u

Fair enough.
I remember in the early 90s when bjj was basically a super power, because nobody had any idea what to do besides try to put you on your back.

yeh that was me posting about the judo before to
have only ever done a good amount of boxing and a dabbling in MT so im limited to striking and it sucks for like street fighting

should clarify here as well that's not what i train for and not what i am interested in yanno

but prettymuch most fights ive been in have had someone go over and some clinching- striking is all heaps useful but big dudes bumrushing you and knocking you over is scary as hell and without grappling training makes for an unpleasant time

mt is probably on the whole more 'practial' because you can do a bunch more stuff you can't do in boxing if we're gonna frame it like that

plus MT sweeps are really good

boxing-mt-wrestling is the power combo?

Mt-bjj-wrestling might be more well rounded.

Just train head movement and footwork at a boxing gym. Or don't... Elite, subtle boxing techniques only matter if you are fighting another boxer.
It is hard to only train 3 styles and not have a weakness
And chances are if he is outboxing you, you can outgrapple him. So focus less on a refined striking technique, and more on a well rounded fighting style.

Muay thai champs can still punch the absolute fuck out of 99.99% of everyone

So it gives you a decent striking game.
Wrestling gives good takedowns and decent top control
Bjj gives not bad takedowns, amazing top and bottom control

>And chances are if he is outboxing you, you can outgrapple him

yeah it seems far more sensible in the ufc rules to take a fight to ground, pretty safe?
realistically you're right about that for mma.

mt is definitely the one man. i box at a primarily mt gym and it's a really effective style

even mt and wrestling could probs be good just for simplicities sake

head movement and footwork/movement etc defs is useful in that MMA thing- not as useful as say being able to counter kicks or whatever but useful nonetheless

the question is then what're you going to practically be able to train within the constraints and aims of your training

Here's your reply.

GUN > MMA

>3 round snoozefest
>only hurt their body with your body
>free walking around moving your body
>would literally get killed in a gun fight

For sure head movement is useful in mma
Just look at how dominant anderson silva was.

I didnt mean to imply that it wasnt, only that if you had to break it down to three styles, boxing could be nixed, as you would only really lose finesse

For being as effective as possible, you want as much striking finesse as possible

fuck anyway who knows man overthinking things prob aint helpful

end of the day do good it whatever you choose to do

boxin is what i started with and what i'll finish with i think
really turned off the whole mma thing kinda by the crowd though desu, at least where i'm at it's huge dickheads and people who've got all the gear and no idea

>MMA
>can't hit the groin
>can't hit the eyes
>can't hit the throat
>can't choke
>can't bite
>can't scratch
>no weapons

"best martial art" my ass

shit will get you killed in the street

i say don't jump to brosci conclusions unless/until you have taken up mma and/or boxing.

>all the gear and no idea
I am thankful for these idiots, they fund the sponsors that fund the sport i love.

there is unfortunately no substitute for practice and fitness however this is not to dicourage people from trying to avoid both of those things entirely

one of my dear mates who is a top bloke and love him is like this unfortunately and it discourages him from training i think because he's presented the image that he is good at martial arts via the net etc and will feel self conscious if people see he's not what he claims?

>i have the best fighting style in the world, but it is contingent on groin strikes

You dont think jon jones could kick you in the balls?
You dont think he could more reliably and accurate poke you in the eye?

You think scratching would save you, when he could scratch you back just as hard?

Pls go and stay go

Yea, ego was a big thing in martial arts in the us back in the early-late 90s (maybe before that, but i wasnt involved)

Nowadays most of the egotism is gone, people get humble after a year of sparring, usually

what a shame that is
to be moderate in all forms of life is certainly integral to happiness and wellbeing

after you accidentally 93mb?