Are we special?

People that total 1300-2300

We make up a small percent of the population.

Maybe 40 million people in thr world at the moment will ever total 1300+

No one seems to care though. Powerlifting is still fairly underground. Some of the best powerlifters have only a few thousand instagram followers. Very few make any money.

Are we special and does it matter ?

Unless you are world class you basically went through a lot of pain for nothing.

Being able to do something rare means something

this is true for a shit load of things. very few people care if you're a great pool player, rower, mathematician, climber, whatever. if you do something just to get recognition from people you don't care about then you're a faggot.

Lololol

Youre right. The thousands of dollars on extra food and all that other shit combined with all the work and pain is worth it.

What is it worth again?

Ayy

Fun. Enjoyment. Joocy gains/appearance. Health.

Hobbies can seem pretty pointless in the end, but so was your mother's existence.

>Are we special

no

>does it matter ?

no

Who cares what people think? Move the fucking bar

>1300
>a lot
L o l

Only 0.5% of the world can do it. So i would say its a lot.

M A N L E T D R E A M S

So if you can bench 333 squat 433 and deadlift 534 you're just a weak manlet?

Most people, even people who work out a lot cant do those lifts

only 0.5% of the world bother to do it.*
FTFY

>People that total 1300-2300
>We make up a small percent of the population.
>Maybe 40 million people in thr world at the moment will ever total 1300+
Ok
>No one seems to care though. Powerlifting is still fairly underground. Some of the best powerlifters have only a few thousand instagram followers. Very few make any money.
Yes
>Are we special and does it matter ?
You need a goal in life, son.
1) find something to do that you like (job, hobby, anything)
2) stop doing anything that seems pointless and doesn't offer you anything, material or spiritual
3) if 1 and 2 seem to lead into a dead end, seriously consider killing yourself.

Ok

Troof. We're all dead in the end.

Also quite true. If you could get a college scholarship for a 400 Wilks, things would look very different.

Imagine if there was a spaghetti throwing contest and you could throw spaghetti really fucking far. So far that you are in top 1% of spaghetti throwers. You think anyone will care?

preach it brother

>No one seems to care though
>Are we special and does it matter

"Don't waste the rest of your time here worrying about other people--unless it affects the common good. It will keep you from doing anything useful. You'll be too preoccupied with what so-and-so is doing, and why, and what they're saying, and what they're thinking, and what they're up to, and all the other things that throw you off and keep you from focusing on your own mind."

"You want praise from people who kick themselves every fifteen minutes, the approval of people who despise themselves."

"People who are excited by posthumous fame forget that the people who remember them will soon die too. And those after them in turn. Until their memory, passed from one to another like a cnadle flame, gutters and goes out.
But suppose that those who remembered you were immortal and your memory undying. What good would it do you? And I don't just mean when you're dead, but in your own lifetime. What use is praise,except to make your lifestyle a little more comfortable?
You're out of step--neglecting the gifts of nature to hand on someone's words in the future."

The issue is that a lot of power lifters don't look very aesthetic.

People might tune into a strongman competition and watch for 5 minutes but a lot of them will dismiss it because the dudes look kind of fat.

I bet I could get 10x as many people to watch an obstacle course of bodyweight shit than a powerlifting show.

theirs a point were i realize "wow that is really cool look how much weight that guy can lift up", but at the end of the day i dont really care and its kinda boring to watch, much rather watch other sports.

>I bet I could get 10x as many people to watch an obstacle course of bodyweight shit than a powerlifting show.

People care about both those things equally.

An obsticle course would only get people if it had women jiggling around.

Powerlifting men are usually fat bearded monsters

The women are usually ugly. Watching someone squat 600 pounds isnt exciting

To most anything over 350 pounds is crazy. So they cant really apperciate any of it. It just looks dumb to them.

Powerlifters apperciate powerlifting because they understand what a big moment the 45 seconds between walking thr weight out and racking it is.

To non lifters its

>he probably does a lot of roids. How weird.

I dunno man those ninja warrior shows were pretty popular.

Yeah because there were shows.

Get a powerlifting show with some people with a little personality and somewhat attractive and it would do good

i would much rather watch american ninja warrior or wipe out then powerlifting llololololol

>Get a powerlifting show with some people with a little personality

kek

how would you even make a powerlifting show like that? what would it be like?

it would be like.
>hey my names john
>i like lift stuff
>............
>watch me lift this.
>then we follow john to kitchen
>watch john eat

Everyone is special OP but you have to believe

Lift with power, young snowflake

They'd manufacture drama. John would get stuck in traffic and have to cram calories and he'd be eating so much he was crying or some shit.

Or he'd act like he threw out his back but he's actually fine. But we don't see that until after the commercial break.

Jesus christ this shit is gold lets do it

This I work on a TV show on the Discovery Channel. Although my specific show doesn't have much manufactured drama, I work with editors who tell me all about the shit the have to make for the numerous "drama" shows on discovery.

The editors are nothing short of artists in how they can create a mindless following from absolutely nothing going on in a show.

You can make a watchable and very popular show about nearly any topic. As long as you have slightly charismatic people that are not afraid to speak their mind on camera (or exhibit emotions), you can make a show. The editors will do the rest to make drama where nothing is.

you should try to get this made brah

One of the things my father taught me is that, no matter what you do, always try to be the best at it.
I started powerlifting a couple of years ago and I'm always striving to do better and this is what motivates me to keep going to the gym.
You might not ever be the best, but as long as you keep trying that is what counts.

You should write. Srs

>Hobbies can seem pretty pointless in the end, but so was your mother's existence.
REKT

t-thanks satan

Thanks, I actually got something published in uni, glad any talent I had could be funneled into reality show trash related shit posting on a fitness board.

Is that a pic of rand paul?