Why are gym memberships so expensive?

why are gym memberships so expensive?

to keep the poor, smelly masses in the cheap shitty gyms.

theres a 24 hour sport near me, i pay extra to go to the super sport so I don't have to be around scene kiddies going on their parents dime.

supply and demand

because fuck you basically

it's not even the cost of the membership it's also the gas cost, locker cost, travel time, waiting for faggots to quit doing calf raises in wrist rack and the shit tier culture

just buy a bar and weights yourself and lift

Get a job faggot

>gas cost
>travel cost

jesus, not living in a big city where your gym is a 3 minute walk away must suck balls.

>locker cost

literally WTF?

Exploits by the health and bodybuilding industry wake up sheeple

k ignore the locker cost then faggot shit still sucks ass

Would you still stick it in Claire knowing Dan Blizzard hit that?

>why are gym memberships so expensive?
Mine is $10/month.
>based Fitness 19 FTW

none of the gyms of which i've been a member have charged for lockers. my current one even has built-in locks so you don't have to bring your own.

Dude, plenty of people other than Dan have hit it.

and tipping the receptionist every time you go

did you read the post you're replying to or nah

i have my own home gym

They make you tip the receptionist every time? The tips are built in to my annual dues, why aren't they the same at yours?

My gym membership is 70 bucks a month in Aus. It's honestly not that bad, if you can't afford 70 dollars a month you may aswell just end your misery.

I pay $110 a month and that's a special discounted rate

poorfags make me laugh desu

ah i thought you were accusing me of bypassing the locker cost or something.

still, i can't imagine enjoying lifting in a home gym.

WTF??? Tipping the receptionist, for what? Saying hello to you when you enter? Fucking americucks

Are you at a commercial gym too?

I'm at anytime fitness and they have like 3 power racks and 1 special diddly rack which i'm happy with. My friends recommended a power lifting gym which would be like 20 bucks a month but desu i like looking at the cardio bunnies and giving them smiles.

>i can't imagine enjoying lifting in a home gym
because...?

I get mine free, casual YMCA staff perk

It's a bad business model, the overheads are a nightmare. They literally rely on people taking out membership contracts and forgetting about them/being to embarrassed to cancel, to stay in business. In theory you just need a space, air con and heavy shit to lift but to attract the average gym goer you need treadmills with screens etc, 24 hour electricity burning.

my apartment is tiny, i enjoy being surrounded by others, i enjoy the atmosphere.

in general, i hate being at home too. i like to separate my laziness from my everything else.

>Visit America
>Get checked at the airport
>Tip the TSA guy for protecting me from terrorism
>Take a cab
>Tip the guy that helps me with my luggage and opens the door
>Go for lunch at some restaurant
>Need to pee
>Tip the bathroom dude after I'm done
>Tip the waiter after I'm done with my meal
>Drop my wallet
>A good fellow picks it up for me, making me have to tip him
>Go to my hotel, tip the bellboy
>Open my luggage
>Take out my hat and put it on
>Tip it

>tfw $27 a month for a membership to a gym at a university I don't go to, with yoga classes and pool access included

Only downside is that they have just 3 squat racks with attached platforms and for the biggest school in the state it's kind of a problem sometimes

I'm the opposite of you. I find people draining and pretentious. I have an awesome home gym as well as a good sound system for ambience.

It's a proper gym setup, not some bargain basement Craigslist thing. I like that I can go and work out or train technique at any time without having to wait. I like that I've got foot grooves and can set pins for a workout and just go for it non stop.

Mt lifts were stagnant until I went the home gym route bit now am adding weight way more often and with way better form.

>not clapping even once
Didn't last too long here, did you?

Have you seen the price of one machine. It could be in the thousands and the gym has hundreds of them. The gym needs to make back their money to make a profit.

i don't find people draining, but we're all absolutely pretentious. it's how we engage society. there's always a certain degree of a mask we all wear with people we're not 100% enmeshed with.

i used a "home" "gym" during my recovery from a pretty brutal accident when my docs were strict about me not going back to the gym... fuck, i was living with my parents and could only use resistance bands. if i went any harder i risked paralysis, but as soon as i got the OK to go back i went harder than i ever have before, haha.

i guess i'm an extrovert or something.

Fuck it's so awkward when I only have a $5 bill and I have to ask the qt3.14 to break it into change so I can tip her..

went to a 20€/month gym for a while some years ago.
it was so overrun with smelly kebabs

who else /$10amonth/ here?

My gym isn't fancy so it doesn't charge people every month to use it. Since I was a member for a while now, I paid for 2 years and change of gym membership it worked out to be like $10/month.

What's the actual advantage of a gym membership over a basic setup at home? It seems like you're just paying a premium to work out with a dozen other sweaty faggots that you don't like in your general area.

mine is 20 a month and has everything

Literally non existent. If you have a proper one at home you can progress more quickly, train whenever the fuck you like and skip having a bath before/after

Maximum comfiness with only one drawback: no qts

if you don't have space for a home gym you can still go to a gym

Home gym master race faggots.

Is Claire Veeky Forums?

Spent $1000 setting up a home gym a decade ago. $8.33 a month on average and falling.

no she just has good genetics (nice face, huge tits, nice eyes, good fat distribution)

Typical eurofags who dont tip

>good genetics

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

plus tipping the locker attendant

>super bright lighting
>ac
>music you don't want to listen to
>that chick that sits at the front eating snacks letting people in and out.

having large natty tits while being relatively low bf% is absolutely a .01% chance genetically
is this post b8?

I see some definition on her torso. She's fit for a girl

what are you talking about, can you not afford 200 for a year?

I mean, with a pool, hot tub, steam room, dry sauna, free lockers, towels a plenty, Olympic lifting equipment, full size basketball court, cycling area, showers, tvs, and delicious cardio bunnies positioned for perfect viewing; I'd say 325 a year is okay.

actually the scene kids thinks that the cheap gyms are too dirty for them

Mine is gorgeous and only roughly $50/month.

Yea but you work at YMCA so joke's on you i guess