/qtddtot/

/qtddtot/
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Late night edition

How was your day, Veeky Forums?

I'm just eating a late dinner.

reposting from last thread Switched up my routine, today was lower body at home (so only have dbs / bench )

did db deadlift, db squats, and when i was about to do db lunges, my quads said they have had enough and buckled on me. i still did my calf extension / curls.

I am assuming forcing myself into doing those lunges would be a bad idea? couldn't even do them bodyweight. Should I lower the weight on squat/deadlift to put less strain on quads so i can do the lunges?

I made a thread about this earlier, so I'm just going to copy-paste what I wrote earlier.

Okay, so besides of the memes regarding GOMAD, it's obviously a really good way of allowing someone to gain mass if they're watching their caloric intake.

Like we see these pictures of "Before and After GOMAD" and the guy is completely unaesthetic at the end of all of like 3 to 6 months - this is simply due to the guy not watching his calories.

I'm about to start GOMAD/2, where you only drink half a gallon of milk. So basically that's about 1200 calories. Every morning I eat two packets of oatmeal, which equates to 320 calories. I also drink a protein shake, which is another 360 calories. This all makes about 1960 calories total.

I'm bulking at 3600 calories at the moment, meaning that I would have to eat 1640 calories more, which is completely doable considering (on average) my lunch is about 500 - 800 and my dinners are usually 700 - 1000 calories. I'd be keeping track of specifically what I'd be eating.

My main question is, does anyone have any legitimate experience with doing GOMAD or GOMAD/2? How much fat will I gain, and how many pounds will I end up gaining over say, 3 months?

In simple terms, when you are on a cut, you just decrease you calories intake but conserves your macros? Or you also need to decrease macros per day? It confuse me.

up your macros decrease cals.

what's the natty limit when it comes to arm size?

Which days should I incorporate shrugs and cardio into PPL?

Alternatives for Leg Curls? Heard super bad for your knees.

leg curls are only bad if you use the machine wrong, arm of the machine should line up with the bend in your knee, weight rested behind your ankle

Anyone else feel they are going to shit their pants when bracing for a squat?

>tfw total noobie and sweat balls doing dumbbell squats totaling 80lbs

i-its a start, right?

GuyS why do I turn into a tomato when I squat? I always get weiRd looks because I turn completely red and my eyes bulge out

Try breathing

I started strong lifts two weeks back.
I've never lifted in my life and I realize the importance of learning form but I feel like the weights they have me doing aren't enough..Is it OK to up the weights or should I just stick with the program?

Stats:
>21 years old
>5'10
>160 lbs

>Squat: 85 lbs
>Deadlift: 135lbs
>Bench: 85lbs

I'm actually supposed to be doing around 20 lbs less according to the program, but that shit's embarrassing yo. I had to work out next to a hot chick that was squatting 165lbs today and it was a blow to my ego.

I'm really hungry but I cant eat at all. How do I get myself to eat? I'm not fat or anorexic I can post pic of self if needed for any reason.

how can you be hungry but not eat?

Do you see my problem now? I cant get a appetite for anything. I've eaten around maybe 1200 calories per day in the last 3 days.

just keep working the program. it isn't just about the weights, it's about getting the form right and getting disciplined.

just shove it down your throat. if you are hungry that is your body telling you that you need food. the only thing keeping you from eating is psychosomatic

I'm bulking from skelly (5'11, 135 lbs), following SS, cardio (swimming) on weekends and probably on rest days once the DOMS eases up.
Should I be autistic about making sure I don't go too far outside of a 500 surplus, or just eat as much protein and calories as I can? I have a pretty big appetite at the moment, because I was dirt poor and starving while living away for the past 6 months.

eat everything you can

How am I supposed to breathe when I'm squatting and not lose core stability

See a doctor. You're literally anorexic. As in you have no appetite. This is bad.

breathe in while going down, breathe out while going up. always breathe out when you are exerting force

Practice breathing while contracting your abs. Basically it means you breathe with your chest.

I'm seven months in stronglifts and I'm currently doing 1/1.75/2.5/3. In the beginning the DL number was the fastest to rise but I'm having problems now with it. I'm struggling to do 5x270lbs. What accessory exercises can I do to progress fast and clean?

I was having problems with OHP but since I started doing lateral raises at home I finally reached lmao1pl8. So I want the same for the DL. Thanks in advance.

>have naturally very small qrists
6.25 inches... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh anything i can do about this?
feel like forearm exercises won't help my wrist area

>6'2
>~195-200 lbs
>doing pic related
I've always have had creaky knees, and the squats are starting to hurt. I'm on day 27.

Is there a better way? Is this regiment stupid? Once I was done I was going to keep repeating the last five days over and over until I found something better.

I don't come here often. What does Veeky Forums recommend?

>Neila rey

Yeah, I found this somewhere. I went to the site and thought most stuff looked retarded.

Been doing SL while on a cut, had some good progress for about 2 months but all my lifts have pretty much stagnated now. Should I just continue lifting at these weights while cutting then try to increase my working weight when I bulk?

Everybody starts somewhere.

b-but Rippletoe-sensei said that's wrong, he's an expert you know.

This is a good way to get your chest stapled to your knees when squatting heavy.

Lmao my hair is starting to bald at the top and back of my head. What do i tell the doctor to give me magic pills so i am not bald faggot

Yes

If i'm going on vacation for a week and not lifting should i keep taking creatine during the break?

However many pounds you gain is up to how big of a surplus you make, if you're in 500kcal surplus, then you should be gaining a lb a week

If you are decreasing your calories then you are decreasing your macros by default, macronutrients (carbs/fats/protein) have calories lad, so if you reduce calories, guess what happens to your macros? They are being decreased.

Dumb question, because everyone has a different genetic potential.
I'm guessing your actual question is "how big can I get my arms natty?" The answer is who the fuck knows as well, but if you're a healthy male, then 16.5 inch arms at 10% bf are attainable by most healthy males in their lifetime who have their nutrition and training down pat.

There are people who can get them much bigger as a natty, whether or not you're genetically capable is up to you to find out.

does Intermittent Fasting really work kinda sounds too good/simple to be true

It happens to a lot of people who lift heavy weight, which can't be helped. People have it to different degrees, but definitely don't breathe during a heavy lift or you're going to snap city.

Ask for finasteride

does anyone have the parody of this? the one with the tantrums and comical farts?

It works as a way to get you to eat less calories, because it's much harder to cram your daily calories in a small time frame, plus you don't look bloated from eating for the majority of the day

Whether it gives you superior fat burning results is debatable, but it definitely works, it's just another method cutting that may make you more adherent to a diet if you enjoy it.

It's not magic though, and weight loss is still calories in vs calories out.

Bretty good. Gym closed early so I was forced to go to my apartment gym. No barbells so it was alright. Woke up to KD joining my team so overall bretty good day

Squats and deadlifts are main lifts.
Lunges are an assistance lift.

Assistance lifts don't outweigh main lifts.

Shrugs are pull
Cardio can be any day, adjust intensity/length etc based on your goals and recovery

Leg extensions are bad for your knees, never heard of leg curls being bad

Is eating to maintenance once a week much better than a cheat meal while cutting? Since it's calculated and all. Which is better and why

That's probably due to getting heavy on squats on the same day.
You can try deadlifting first, and/or deloading the squats on deadlift day as needed. Or dropping them from this day.

OK. Will try. Thanks buddy.

If you fail your sets twice in a row, you deload 10% and keep progressing from there.
Once that stops working decrease the frequency at which you add weight

What is the maximal body I can obtain using just body weight?

Is it possible to gain 5kg in 3 weeks after cutting?

I was cutting fucking big time 3 weeks ago, was having around 700-1000 calories a day for like 10 weeks and now I'm back to having ~2000 and when I stopped the cut I weighed 90kg, now my scales say I weigh 95kg but I've been eating the same shit, just obviously more of it

Is my back fucked up?
I lost 15kg since February but I feel like my belly is sticking out.

Also I just weighted myself in a drugstore and the scale says I'm 81kg and 12% body fat but I think the bodyfat is bullshit since I was 86kg and 19% in april.

Are bodyfat calipers the only way to measure it?

Belly fat takes time to disappear

Also, you're probably losing weight WAY too fast, tone it done bro, don't want to look like a flabby mess

cheat meals are there just to help you cope with the cut, if don't carve junk food them just keep on cutting, personally I do a couple cheat meals a week (social events) but plan my meals that day around them and don't stuff myself.

what's a healthy rate then?
I remember scooby talking about a healthy weight loss goal but I can't find the video

Is gym equipment for legs important?

I was gonna buy wraps for my knees but wasn't sure if it will stop my progress

Does squatting barefoot make a difference?

I find it easier to do

Is it better to bulk/cut or to eat at maintenance as a beginner ? I'd really love the latter to be true but it seems so unlikely to me that eating a surplus doesn't fuel muscle growth in beginners. Can anyone clarify ?

You can get gains even on a cut if you eat enough protons if you're a beginner but it's not ideal.

If you're not that into fitness just stay on maintenance and gains will come but bulk/cut is the gold standard for a reason

How smart is it to go to the gym when sick? The other day was a lift day, and due to bad allergies, I wasn't able to go. Should I have sucked it up and went on the proper day instead of making it up today, or does it not really matter?

i am that much into fitness. Thanks for the advice, staying at a surplus of 300.

How do I into squats

Is it systemic? (Flu) if yes stay. If cold or something that affects nasal passages only I would go.

Read ss check the vids and ignore ego and squat deep.

Like I said, it was allergies. So lots of sneezing, runny nose, and fatigue.

Can somebody explain protein powders and drinks?

They are so expensive like $20 for 30g of protein/serve and they have 8 serves. I mean thats just 240g of protein in total thats just enough for a day or two.

Or not even worth it like the bars/drinks are like 8g of protein and well you're gonna need tons of that to reach your protein goal for the day.

Where the hell are you getting your shit from? Look up ON protein powder on amazon. 5 pounder for 60

>8 servings

Most protein powder containers don't come any smaller than 2lbs, and that's going to be much more than 8 servings.

Shop around online or in local retail stores. There are literally THOUSANDS of different options that range from super high end loaded with horse semen and tren to designed for poorfags who just need extra protein.

My ass goes out farther than my shoulder region even when I have good posture. Does this mean it's too big? What the fuck do.

they are supplements

you're not meant to get all your daily protein from them

well almost farther, if I don't have perfect posture it sticks out

Okay I guess the prices are different in Australia. I found some better deals but stilll kinda pricey

That explains a lot I was wondering if people really take 5 serves of it a day or something.

yes
I saw a 50 y/o guy squatting 10x180kg for multiple sets barefoot. I guess it is save even long term
I'm all for recompositioning and slow bulks even for advanced lifters. Check out Jonnie Canditos video about it
>allergies
Jesus Christ don't be a pussy. If you can get out of your bed, you can go to the gym. Just take it easy
You mean wide hips? If novice, don't worry about it. If not and you are all about aestetics, skip leg day and, my recommendation for wide shoulders: OHP and grip the bar just like Rip describes in SS

Your ass is muscle and fat user, it's not a reliable landmark for posture; you probably just have some junk in your trunk is all.
Your pelvic tilt is the only way to reliably assess lower body posture, go see a physio if you're genuinely concerned or have muscle imbalances or back/hamstring issues etc.

I find myself arching my back when doing my final sets of OHP. How bad is this?

buy deadlifting slippers. They feel like you're barefoot and won't get you stares in the gym like being barefoot will (unless you squat a crazy amount of weight, in which case no one will dare say anything)

you're eventually gonna arch your back too much one day and fuckle your shuckle up.

Deload to a weight you can reasonably handle and continue building it without cheating

I know it's bad for the ego but ultimately it's not like you are helping your muscle growth by cheating anyway (read: you will only ge more gains from deloading and using decent form)

how arched?

leaning your head back a bit is fine, you want ot be wary of snap city though

Germanbro's
what's the best weightgainer here in germany?
I'm skeleton mode and have trouble eating but no trouble drinking, can't cook and fridge is brokent at the moment. What shake is there that I can drink until I learned how to cook proberly.
I'm eating at my grandmas for dinner and eating bananas and nuts all day but that still isn't enough.

I manage to do it with perfect form on the first 3 sets and fuck up my final 2; it's not that big of an arch to feel discomfort. If I add like 10 lbs, I think I'll start arching on the first one. Do you recommend I try to do my current weight until I never arch on any of my sets? Or is deloading a better idea?

Deload, squeeze your glutes and upper back and learn to brace your core

T
I
C
K
Y

Okay, weird question here: I have hairs growing between my eyebrows, and if I don't shave them every day they turn into a unibrow. What the hell should I do? Do the hairs gross out the girls? I'm scared.

I usually go cycling but I want to start running.

How and how long do you warm up for?
How do you prevent your phone from flying out of your pocket?

shave it but don't tell anyone

What part of the pullup is lat heavy vs bicep heavy? The lats are engaged more than the biceps through the first part of the movement, correct?

Why is cutting and dieting worse than any exercise... I just want a big steak and chips.

let me rephrase that
what should i look into to know what shake/supplement/wight gainer I need?
I guess only kcal and protein?

I'm doing a beginner fullbody dumbbell routine 3 times a week. Is 3x8 the best volume for me or could I start with let's say 4x10? Can someone explain to me why every time I see a dumbbell exercise all I see is 3x8? Why not 10 or 12 reps or 4 sets?

Lads.
Lately I've noticed that by the time I get to deadlifting I'm really tired and can't focus and deadlift has gone to shit. Could this be because I'm cutting? The workout where I deadlift looks like this: squat, bench, deadlift.
Before working out I eat 2 bananas, to get some carbs. Wat do?

Stick to cycling, it's way better cardio than running and much less impact.
Also, don't bring your phone; you can at least put it in your jersey pocket if you're riding.

had the same problem, on push pull
switched to a 3way slit with ohp and squat 1 day, bench another, and deadlifts on another

>Stick to cycling, it's way better cardio than running and much less impact.
dumb question but do you know how to see if I'm actually training while riding my bike?
I can feel a difference between walking and running/jogging, but riding casual vs faster is the same motion.
Hard to measure for me if I'm making progress. Should I go for speed or distance?
And this may sound even dumber, but will my running speed/endurance improve if I go cycling?

What is the benefit of drinking water except for staying hydrated?

>Hard to measure for me if I'm making progress. Should I go for speed or distance?

I think taking the same route every time and going for a certain amount of time (like 20mins) is a good way to measure, because you can see how far you get each time and that way you measure progress.

Get your protein from bulknutrients, shit's the cheapest on the market in Aus.

can somebody answer pls?

You can look at heart rate and wattage and such, but the real challenge of cycling is to learn proper technique and above all, energy conservation for the course you're riding.
Cycling is great fun, it's more about exploring and conquering harsh terrain, but at the same time it can be great interval training if you find yourself a short local circuit or stay at home on a set of rollers and pound out some HIIT reps.

3x8 is 24 reps and at a higher intensity than 4x12 for example and makes better use of your muscle glycogen for a given period (arguably).
Just aim for 8 reps each time and when you're able to squeeze out 9 or 10, take it as a sign that you need to go up 2.5kg or so, maybe more for lower body excercises.
Barbell is more advanced for lower body generally whereas dumbbells are a more advanced type of training for upper body
Focusing on your diet and getting 1.5-1.7g/kg of protein per kg of bw is probably gonna be the most important thing for you long term though.
You'll make it, just keep progressing laddy.