1 year of serious lifting; six years of fucking around

206 lbs at 6'3"

Other urls found in this thread:

nattyornot.com/low-bar-squat-really-squat/
t-nation.com/training/get-it-right-the-deadlift
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>200lb bench, 145lb overhead press

>585 back squat and 120lb weighted chin
yeah im gonna have to call bullshit on that.

I can do 35 lbs chinups for 10 reps; this is one rep max. I've never actually done that weight. Do you even understand what a one rep calc does? It guesses.

At best my squat is 5 reps for 500 lbs right now and I bench 185 lbs for 5 reps. My overhead is 5 reps at 125.

you either cut depth unbelievably hard on squats, or you're a literal t-rex posting on Veeky Forums

Jesus Christ you must have a half inch ROM

Dude I can barely squat 2.5 plates and I can overhead press a plate for reps, nigger what are you doing with your upper body? I thought that the dinosaur extinction event has already occurred?

>At best my squat is 5 reps for 500 lbs right now
>My overhead is 5 reps at 125.

No, I do parrell.

Jelly

>what is not doing upper body workouts

more like nigger wtf you doing with your legs bitch? squat is like the easiest fucking thing ever.

Nigga no one is jealous of your shit lifts/complete lies
Why do you think it's desirable to have a novice bench and elite back squat?

welp, there we go, so you do parallel "squats", and no upper body? Well, alright then, you are advanced alright, advanced autism.

>being a bench monkey
>he thinks 500 lb squat is elite squat

fit truly doesnt lift.

Post pics OP, you might just be the last living specimen of a T-Rex

you have to post pics first

talk shit post fit

Got a squat video?

I don't believe your squat is higher than mine when you're almost exactly 200lbs behind me in every single other lift.

Depth must be funky or you're some kind of quad god.

Stop triggering me
The post literally says "elite"

>squat 585
>front squat 285
People shouldn't be responding to this thread seriously.

>low bar squat: a hamstring depedent lift is the same as front squat a quad dependent lift

fit really doesnt lift

Trolling but lower is still quad dependent

I bet you think two plate bench is impressive too.

>take a video so i can convince autists on a homosexual board i lift

could you guys stop shitposting

*lowbar

no its not

Your stats were at least decent bait but this is too much.

Arching the back puts the load on your ass and hamstrings. Whats hard to understand. Literally every coach understands this. Now stop shitposting and post your maxes.

>barely squats 2.5 lbs
>feels the need to call others out

Come back in two years when you have a 500 lb squat dyel. This is a board for fitness enthusists.

You can shift some of the load to the posterior chain but the quads are always the prime movers in any squat variation.

If you could actually squat 585 you would have the quad strength to front squat 400+ even if you don't put much training emphasis on front squats at all.

This is either shit bait or you're half squatting onto a box and you're overestimating your ability.

site used OP?

He'd have the quad strength but he may not necessarily have the upper back strength, the bracing or the mobility to do it properly.

Or he's just bullshitting, which is still the most likely,

Read this and then fuck off since front squat is more then just quads and low bar is mostly hamstrings and glutes.

nattyornot.com/low-bar-squat-really-squat/

Front squats requires mobility and upper back strength to keep upright which I dont train.

symetrical strength or strength standards whichever one

Every coach would develop a bench to at least bodyweight

Why do you not work your upper body harder? Noone cares about your hams senpai

>natty or not.com

Woops wrong replyIf you've got such good hamstrings why does your deadlift lag

I'm not a coach nor a professional athelethe. Why bother?

Why do you not work your lower body more? Squats train abs, glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Literally all you need. No one cares to see your man titties.

Because I train squat more often then I deadlift? I dont really deadlift often since low bar is the same thing. This was my max a few months ago.

Back squat still incorporates quads. Regardless of whether or not you seriously work them, you should still have the leg, back, and core strength to front squat more than 285lbs, especially if your deadlift is apparently 450. A 450 deadlift would allow the grip strength and quad strength to front squat more than 285.

So unless you're literally just some guy with giant hamstrings, no quads, and arms that can't bend at the elbows, you're lying.

Tl;dr- pls stop the trolling, user.

If lowbar was the same thing your deadlift should be ahead of your squat since it'd just be a matter of doing a partial squat with your lowbar form.

Deadlift doesnt work quads and you dont even need a grip to do front squats. What the fuck are you on about? Have you never done a front squat? You literally let it rest on your shoulders which requires intensive upper back strength which again; deadlift doesnt train.

What part of; I dont deadlift often and this was my max a few months ago dont you understand? My squat score is my freshest lift. I last deadlifted in march. I squatted last week.

If you've found a way to extend your knees without using your quads, please consider donating your body to science. You clearly don't have the same muscular setup as regular folk.

>natty or not dot com

Holy fucking shit lmao nice source friend

Please keep shitposting you're actually getting replies

>resting a bar on your shoulders
>intensive upper back strength

implying you lift 500lbs

So that you don't bench bitch weight

Diddlys hit upper back through the pull motion and recruitment of muscles for gripping. It's not an upper back intensive workout, but neither is holding a rack position for front squat. If anything, that has more to do with flexibility.

It actually does involve a fair bit of upper back strength. If you've got shitty bracing or poor rhomboid/trap strength, front squatting will let you know pretty quickly.

Read this and realize you are retarded. The deadlift does not tax the quads at all to even be considered relevent.

not a argument

Please dont tell me that you dont think the upper back is not keeping the bar upright.

Might want to start doing them more often so that it sucks less

t-nation.com/training/get-it-right-the-deadlift

heres the link

Im sure my deadlift is just as strong as my low bar since its the same thing.

I think you're wrong

>t-nation
Please into proper biomechanics textbooks.

Literally only two people followed the thread and the rest of you just shitpost. Veeky Forums is a joke; no wonder why everyone just shitposts on this forum.

But it's not just as strong it's just 450

Deadlift is nothing like a low bar squat you idiot. It starts in a fucking half squat position for anyone with normal anthropometry.

see

Dude...really bad estats.

Like, your OHP is dogshit.

>4. Trapezius. The traps play an important role in the deadlift and it's common for them to grow in size and strength as a result of deadlifting. In many lifters, deadlifts lead to better trap development than shrugs.

>The barbell is attempting to force the shoulder blades into both protraction and forward depression. The traps insert primarily on the scapula and their main roll in the deadlift is acting as an anti-protraction and anti-depression agent as the traps will hold and/or pull the scapula into a retracted position.

>The upper and middle traps receive the most stimulus, particularly the thick upper portion that's directly over the bar when the spine of the scapula is in line with the bar. The role of the traps in a deadlift is similar to its role in farmer's walks, another quasi-isometric exercise that delivers great results for these muscles and provides further evidence that some muscles don't need to fully contract concentrically to be adequately trained.

>5. Forearm flexors. To lift it you need to grip it, and the muscles responsible for grip strength are the forearm flexors. Deadlifting builds isometric or holding grip strength.

Activation of these and related muscle groups for a deadlift you give you enough upper back strength to stabilize a front squat. Your quads are recruited on a back squat if you are squatting at least to parallel.

Pls stop trolling user. You can't back squat 585, deadlift 450 and only front squat 285.

>traps are the only upper back muscle

shrugs all day err day amirite

fuck lats amirite

I did see. So why don't you man up and start deadlifting more?

You'd think a good deadlift means having the upper back strength for a good front squat, but it often doesn't. To the point that a lot of powerlifters use front squats as assistance for their deadlift to bring up their upper back strength and fix issues with excessive thoracic rounding on heavy pulls.

Deadlifts will recruit your lats.

Deadlift strength Does not equal front squat strength. There two completly different moves.

Deadlift+Back Squat strength equals front squat strength.

Low bar is a deadlift on your back. It does not work your upper back the same way a front squat would. Why is this so hard for you to understand.

So bicep curl+pullups = deadlift strength?

It can be decent enough approximator, but no, diddly mainly relies on leg strength.

Really so why does front squat strength = deadlift plus back squat?

you cant just jig saw muscle groups into strength. front squats are a different movement then back or deadlifts.

A deadlift of 450 would mean pulling muscles in your arms and upper back of a decent strength level. Decent enough to stabilize more than 285 in a rack position for a front squat, unless your arm flexibility is dogshit. A back squat of 585 means you should have enough overall leg strength to front squat more than 285, unless you do like quarter ROM squats and literally don't recruit your quads at all. In which case, you don't squat 585.

Also, let's consider the fact that your dip is 105lbs added.
If you can do a 105lbs added dip but can't hold 285 in the rack position for a front squat, you are a medical anomally.

It should, but it really doesn't. I pull ~500 and there's no chance in hell I could front squat 300 without getting caved at the bottom.

But then, I'm not claiming to have a back squat anywhere near my deadlift.

im finding very hard to get my numbers up using 35lbs, im getting stuck on 7 or 8 reps, really fucking frustrating

Back Squat: 405
Front Squat: 345 (recently hit 335 with ease)
Deadlift: 440
Bench Press: 260
Dips: don't do them
Overhead Press: 197 (according to calculator)
Chin-ups: sets of 12 across, no weight added yet

>can you stop e-statting

It's completely reasonable to not believe you..

One rep max is a guessing tool. Its not accurate. I've never done 105 added for one rep. So its not true if I can do it or not.

do negatives