>Justifies it with a half ass theory
>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mbaY1_4WY
mega.nz/#F!PxZnEZYD!wkP-CfexPbkpzu5wqICq-Q
m.youtube.com/watch?v=73SXX0w4eY8
thewatchseries.to/serie/my_big_fat_fabulous_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What I don't understand about shit like this is where they get these insane ideas. It's not a common misconception, it's just a wild theory that I've never heard before. Who the fuck just wakes up one day and goes "I think I know how my body works despite there being no evidence to support this theory"?

This so much this, its not just fatties or general nutrition related subjects either. Ive always wandered how does it happen, that someone just comes up with some wild bullshit theory about a subject they have literally 0 knowledge in beyond their assumptions and become so convinced of their theory that anyone telling them otherwise appears stupid or ignorant in their eyes. I mean its one thing to make some kind of a casual connection between facts and events and completely another to just come up with wild bullshit like metabolism speeding up and slowing down like a fucking ferrari after a workout. What is the process? Where do the idea come from? Whats the inspiration?

REQUIRED VIEWING

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-mbaY1_4WY

Dunning Kruger effect

mega.nz/#F!PxZnEZYD!wkP-CfexPbkpzu5wqICq-Q
Here are the episodes
Episode 2 is where she that clip happens
However in an upcoming episode has her in a scooter

Fuck yes! Thanks user. I've had a hell of a time finding downloads for that and I refuse to give tlc money. If I keep that link, do you put up the new one every week?

Cosmopolitan or Women's Health Magazines
Yes tomorrow is a new episode so I will record that as well from my DVR and give it to you guys. This and Honey Boo Boo motivate me to lift more and I believe Veeky Forums should have it for free

Should I just watch these instead of eating whenever I get hungry? Seems like it might help me on my cut.

MBFFL makes me wanna stay fit

Honey boo boo makes me wanna stay smart

TLC might actually BE a channel about learning. It teaches you how not to be a human piece of garbage through live examples!

In the states at least, I would attribute it to the constant advertisements from fast food and junk food companies that continue to convince people you can overcome any diet with exercise.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=73SXX0w4eY8
Brought to you by California Pizza Kitchen

I wish I was joking.

>TEDx
>Mattering
Thank god.

Yeah for sure, I wouldn't argue that connection. But what gets me is that it's not something as general as "I just exercised so now I can eat poorly" but something as specific as a bullshit "theory" about your metabolism spiking and making it so you can eat ANYTHING. Where the fuck did that come from? Haha.

Its what people want to hear, if they like the sound of it, they'll agree to it without checking it up

True of anything, really. A simple, satisfying answer that requires no effort and comforts someone by providing either an easy solution or a suitable scapegoat or both. Works every time, for anything. Religion, politics, marketing, war, you name it.

>watching first episode
>"mom, if you want to know how to text, you need to know how to sext!"

Why is this the first fucking thing she thinks of? To tell her mother at that?

Poor Tree Trunks at some point gets a pig since she isn't gonna have piggy grandchildren

Can you explain this mentality to me? I see it online all the time. "I refuse to give money/ratings/views to networks/websites that produce content I want and go out of my way to consume."

It sounds entitled as fuck.

that just made my day

Reducing expenses where possible is prudent.

No I think he means they in order to see the episodes you have to pay 30 bucks per season on Amazon Instant Video instead of watching it on Hulu or Netflicks. Also its very hard to find on 3rd party streaming sites and no one make torrents of this.
Thats why I'm putting season 3 in a mega for all to see

Bump

every time...

I got a story
>at the hospital with my 1 year old niece babysitting while her parents go to Walmart for last minute gifts
>waiting for my cousin's kid to be born
>aunt has all fat kids (one of them is 400 lb with hair growing from her chin) except the average new father
>She asked everyone what they want to drink
>her kids and grandkids no shit asked for soda
>"What does your niece want?"
>"Her parents usually give her water"
>"WHAT THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN THE BABY SODA YET?!?!"
>No surprise she bottle fed her kids and grandkids soda as babies
>Later complains to my niece's parents on not giving their baby soda
What the fuck, how can their be parents that are this horrible to bottle feed babies soda

dear fucking god

What the fuck did she think was going to happen? the worst thing is you end up on the floor, which she did

>mega.nz/#F!PxZnEZYD!wkP-CfexPbkpzu5wqICq-Q

anywhere i can download the other seasons? i tried searching for my600lbslife but i ended up watching it in dailymotion

Well so far I'm only recording and uploading season 3. Sorry man if you really want to see season 2 you gotta pay Youtube or Amazon. However I think you can find season one here
thewatchseries.to/serie/my_big_fat_fabulous_life

>citations needed

seriously, what a great example of cherry-picking your arguments.

>upgrade
>M-XXXL

>1.47
>wanna roll over?
lost my shit

I don't think they actually believe it user, it may be one of those scenarios where the ego forces them to accept it because the brain knows it's not true.
When you move up that next pant size and you're lifting you might actually know you're getting bigger, if all you do is cardio and you go up a pant size you know what you're doing isn't right, there is no way to not know.

you can eat simple sugars after a workout and it doesn't have a spike on glycemic index. retards probably distorted it due to bad interpretation or bad teaching.

After a workout you are pretty sensitive to insulin tho

Thats the anabolic window shit

>After a workout you are pretty sensitive to insulin tho
that's the point, meathead

>Thats the anabolic window shit
the fuck

Saw this on Veeky Forums earlier and guffawed

>the lardbeast instinctively ripped into her first cookie before she remembered the Internet must witness her loot

>I felt apparently I could do anything I want to do

Obviously not

kekerino

Holy shit it's actually happening!

I'm sorry, Whitney's mom and dad.

>fell through a door

TEDx has nothing to do with real TED talks bruh. It's absolute trash lmao.

well, something definitely would go up.
weight, that is

(((Golda Poretsky)))

Basically because there is a LOT of bullshit going around about nutrition, most of it is a misconception, some of it is intended bullshit to increase sales of specific products. It's the same mentality as "I can eat two slices of cake cause I drank a diet coke"

Call me /x/ but I'd even go as far as to say that this large amount of misinformation is a boon to specific corners of the food industry

do i really wanna be an OR nurse after reading that...

Are you really supposed to take one of each??

I'm not gun lie, her face is cute, I do her

the chick on the skiis I mean

>pick me up
>im not strong enough

oh god

Fat people, for some reason, are under the false impression that they are in any way worth talking to. Does she honestly think that there's so many people that want to change her opinion or discuss health/weight issues that she needs to create guidelines, like for the media?

Nobody fucking cares, fat ass.

It's true that your body keeps burning calories after a lifting or cardio workout especially if it was high intensity and requires some simple carbs to restore glycogen. Some women's magazine probably wrote some shit like that but most likely even easier to misunderstand by someone with the reading comprehension of a nig, including some statement like "so go get a frappuchino after a workout, it won't stick anyways" and word of mouth traveled from one nig to another in the hair salon and she picked up that bullshit theory, liked it and decided it's the truth because she likes the way it sounds.

BREHS

It's kind of sad but TLC used to have some legitimately educational television shows. I miss Untold Stories of the ER and the one with animal babbies (baby story?)

*pained breathing*

>One day I built up the courage to ask the kid to use the tricycle
>He just said, "You're fat"

LOL MAYBE HE DIDNT WANT THE TRICYCLE TO BREAK? (KID LOGIC)

My logic in this in regards to movies or songs is that (especially when the internet was first coming into power) all those fuckers were paid WAY MORE (Who's to decide that, well me because I'm the one that would pay ;)) than they should be aka I'm actor that has millions of dollars. If they have a few less millions I'm good with that.

The thing that always confused me about this logic is, let's say that your metabolism did ramp up, enough that nothing you ate would become fat, it would all burn. Your body can't measure the amount of calories of something just by putting it in your mouth, so it would have to ramp your metabolism to a set, but high, rate to accommodate for anything. So imagine if you worked out; and then didn't eat much. Instead of breaking even, you'd be losing monstrous amounts of weight. They're so fat and worthless, that by their own logic, if they didn't stuff their faces, they'd be incredibly thin very quickly, but they'd rather shovel it in than hit their goal

>fat people can do anything skinny people can do!

JLaw, is that you?

>Can't lift 400lbs

>Not my fault they gave the free pizza.

Forty keks

Literally the only reason anybody is attracted to fat women is due to gravity

H I G H T E S T
I
G
H

T
E
S
T

why does she have a third boob?

Your metabolism slows down post work out below your resting metabolism. Your body is designed for survival. The body reacts to burning calories by holding onto them post work out. Hence why cardio is shit for losing weight and everything is 100% diet.

easy, they dont actually believe it they use it as an excuse. they justify their actions with it and once they are called out on it they claim that they just didnt know any better and it wasnt because of their lack of willpower, dedication or whatever but it was because they didnt know the secret.

>literally STANDING THERE DOING NOTHING
>"I think she pushed herself too much"

U WOT M8 ?

It's a FUCKING you dumb cunt

sure I mean she ran a 5k. A 5K CAN YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT ? I mean I ran a half marathon the other week but I mean that is nothing compared to a MOTHERFUCKING 5K. OFC YOU NEED 1kcal per 5m you run that is just common sense.

So let me get this straight a car that uses 5l/100km fossil fuel will take ~4k kcal for 5km. Assuming that the car can take 4 passengers this bitch has the same demand as a fucking car.

>disobedient avocado
kekerino

This so much, for those who dont know im gonna sum it up.

When you start out with something for a little while you believe you know everything about it with pure confidence, but as you actually begin to learn and try after months you realise you knew nothing and your confidence on how well you know dips but you learn more aswell, after awhile it levels back out to confidence and knowledge.

I had this same experience when icstarted. Lifting for aprox a year now and although i know i know a lot and i have good confidence with it now too, but not as much as i did in the beginning.
To be fair i actually did know a lot but not was much as i had assumed lol

How would that feel? Would your dick even reach her vagina? It looks like it would just feel like someone was wobbling a fleshy water balloon over your groin/torso. It would probably stink also

fuck in hell, soda is so unnecessary.. There's no good age to give a child it's first soda because soda is so shit there is no reason to give it to anyone

>this kills the man

lol, you're right

Whataburger cookies are meh

But holy good God damn their fried lemon pies are amazing

Don't trigger me, this is a safe space

Kek

is there a backstory to this`? How is this shit even possible?

That is fucked up....

looks like a mtf chris cristie

Obviously it flooded so the earthworms, millipedes, and beetles were all like "fuck this we gon drown" and took over the safest dryest thing they could find.

They're bugs. What's the big deal. Not even gore

mom+broscience: the post

I want to take an aluminum bat and hammer to this thing and watch this splatter as I crush them. The audible sound of my bat ping on the concrete and the eargasmic sound of their bodies crushed brings out my inner child. Then I'd probably take a flame to it for good measure.

Do you have that image in the article?

Because I bet its claiming that the 1950s body is totally different than the 1920s one. Even though there all pretty much the same and would pull every Chad if they went to a bar/club today.

Why do people think that diets permanently cure being fat forever after dieting for a few months? Do normies not realize that eating well consistently keeps the fat off, or are they just too weak willed to not eat like shit everyday?

>today July 6th
>sitting at my computer browsin
>my mom comes in
>she's overweight, 5'7" 213 pounds
>she's looking at me
>I'm 5'2" 112 pounds
>looks at my arms
>calls them disgusting

What the hell. I'm not trying to be muscular just lost 4 more pounds this week and close to my goal weight. But she calls my arms disgusting. Why is this even okay?