Powerliting

I want to be an elite powerlifter. I want to do it without drugs and without gear.

I want to be able to have an elite total in the 242 class without drugs.

Is that possible? My biggest powerlifting idol is Mike Tuchscherer. He has over a 2000 raw total. I like to tell myself he is all natural because i like him and want him to be. I want to be strong like him.

Right now my total is 1350 at 227 pounds. I plan on getting to 240 by the end of the year with a 1450 total.

I wish I could weigh 227 pounds. After two years of lifting I'm 128 ;_;

Its possible. Not everyone will make it, but its certainly possible to total elite without drugs (you aren't going to be matching a geared elite total with raw numbers, but they're different classifications anyway).

How do you become a powerlifter?
Im too poor to start paying coaches

>I wish I could weigh 227 pounds. After two years of lifting I'm 128 ;_;

How much of a caloric surplus have you eaten over those two years?

Height?

I went from 180-225 in the span of November 2011- August 2013

Went from a 175 bench 215 squat 225 dead to a 335 bench 465 squat 515 deadlift.

No steroids, no i have high metabolism excuses.

I ate a lot and i lifted a lot. Its really that simple. Wishing does nothing. Eat and lift.

Programming?

Outside of running smolov for squats i made uo my own work outs. 5x5 and 3x3 of the big three and i would throw in different things every now and then not to stall. If i felt i had done regular squat too much i would do pause or chains.

For those two years i went by feel. Just recording what i was doing and naturally progressing it.

You all make lifting too complicated. You dont need the perfect program. A special meal plan.

The stars dont need to line up perfectly. Eat a lot, have good form, work your ass off and keep adding weight to the bar

Bump

7'8

You need a lot of time.

>thought that was Isley from the thumbnail
>looked at the amount of plates
>nope, definitely not him

Powerlifting is all about longevity and consistancy. If you dont quit for 15years youll definitely be about as strong as mike T

Ok

How long

At least 5 years of consistent powerlifting training before your potential can even be approximated.

Probably 10 years or so to get near Mike T levels.

Where I train, there are many, many VERY good powerlifters, the common thread among all of them is that they have more than 10 years of experience.

But i'm 29. Am i too old ?

would an SS approved gym get one going with powerlifting or should i find another type of gym

i have enough money for a coach - what is the best kind - i dont want a broscience trainer

Yeah, probably, sorry.

You could absolutely become a respectable masters lifter though, just not the very peak.

Really? Its not like i'm just starting. I have some knowledge and decent strength. At 1350 i could add 500 pounds before i'm 40

Oh, then it's more doable, I thought you were more of a beginner than that.

No. I started training seriously in 2011. Stopped on 2013 because *insert a million excuses here * i started training hard again in january

Nah

This is true though.

Only a new crop of certain American athletes, largely training themselves burn themselves out before then.

You're literally not trying at all dumb faggot