Vegan Diet General

Everyone has their own reason for it, let's discuss some god-tier vegan foods, alternatives and the like.

If you argue that tofu/soya is 'full of photoestrogens' then link sources that say have reasonable evidence please.

My go-to meal as of late has been baked tofu, avocado with guacamole spice and some salted tortillas. Easy as fuck to make and tastes good as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4337/2
youtube.com/watch?v=p_lAkPyvSnA
google.com/search?num=50&q=vegans have more emotional problems
youtube.com/watch?v=j6IaLLr4xcA
vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm
navs-online.org/animal_issues/fish_fishing/troubledwaters.php
youtube.com/watch?v=A7uJvjbN968
youtube.com/watch?v=BswUbFcBvB8
youtube.com/watch?v=n5DPaeQy7g0&index=26&list=PLNAlnQ4hvLtT60m2iHgSKw2uZsQ6hmOxQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Non-animal protein doesn't work
2. You can get just the protein in a vegan diet (you'll get a fuckton of carbs also)

>You can't get*

No thanks im heterosexual.

Thanks for the useful input. No one is trying to convince you to go vegan because 'it's good for lifting'. I'm not vegan because I think it's a superior diet for performance or gains, I'm trying to work with what I have, because for me there is no other alternative.

Lol fag believes the non animal protein isn't the same meme. Kek have fun with your cancer and heart attacks.

>vegan
>calling anyone fag

What's it with meat-eaters and their giant insecurity that they have to attack every vegan thread/post out of principle?

Unless you hunt all your food yourself, then by definition you're literally just a scavenger that eats corpses.

Well done. You got me good.

Literally just want to have a discussion with vegans and/or knowledgeable others on how to optimise the diet.

>guacamole spice

>because for me there is no other alternative.
Why?

>makes posts on a board you'd know hates vegans if you've been here for more than a day
>posts clog up the space that could otherwise be used for more shitposting

Maybe he lives on a deserted Island with a lot of fruit/vegetables, wi-fi but no animals. What does it matter to you?

Because I want to know why he's rambling across the boards today

Probably health issues, I know a guy who's like that.

LOL at meat eaters, 1 cup of dry lentils has 50g of protein and is dirt cheap

brb also getting 240% of my daily fiber (poops of the gods)
brb also getting 80% of my daily iron
brb only 40 cents!

all of these macros for so cheap, and no cancer causing meats or animal that had to die
nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4337/2

What health issues does your friend have?

IBS, I believe.

Wut. It's almost impossible to maintain low foodmap with a vegan diet. It basically mean you react to carbs, and all vegan dishes lean on carbs. What does he eat?

I have no clue, I don't pry about those sort of things.

B-but you triggered my interest. Damn you.

sweetpotatoes (baked or microwaved)
regular potatoes cut into slices or fries and bake
brown rice
lentils
any type of bean
salsa
whole wheat bread
whole wheat pasta
peanut butter
tomato sause
oats
fruits
vegetables

add spices and sauces/salsa to everything and mix and match foods (rice beans salsa on whole wheat tortilla with guac, add corns and any other veggies for example)

I get not wanting chickens and cows to die in horrible factory farming conditions but who gives a shit about fish? They have less brain development than fucking reptiles... Do vegans realize the huge numbers of critters killed due to farming operations? Not to mention having to invade habitats with farmland pushing out animals. I mean, if you are taking veganism to its natural conclusion then the only way to really have a clear conscience would be to go live in the woods and just forage.

Take 2 bananas and mash them up, add 1 cup of oats, add ground flax seed. Add dried fruit/ spices/coco powder

bake at 400f for 15 mins

Not a fan of tofu but sometimes I enjoy some tempeh

Yesterday's post-workout meal was baked 5-grain tempeh with a homemade teriyaki sauce, broccoli with balsamic, and a mix of whole oat grains and rye berries simmered in black bean broth with carrots, red lentils, mushrooms, onion, and garlic, then topped with lemon pepper and yellowbird sauce

The need for farming is increased greatly by the need to feed animals for our consumption.

And nobody is saying that you have to have zero impact. We all know that is impossible. Vegans just want to try to do their best. Why would you have an issue with that?

Bruh post recipe, that shit sounds delicious

Why do they make non-dairy cheese with fucking carnitine in it? fuckers

It's probably Crohns Disease.

I don't really, that seems reasonable. But not eating honey because of bees? That seems silly. And what about sustainable fish farming?

>Bruh post recipe

I-- I thought I did...

forgive me user but i am stupid and can't figure out quantities/cook times

What does that make you? you get your food from the market just like anyone else does. Retard. You're telling me you pick you're own plants dorthy?

>5-grain tempeh
How to?

MOCK EGG SALAD
>veganaise
>crumbled extra firm tofu,cold
>tumeric cumin paprika
>relish
>anything you got ive added nori or liquid aminos or nutritional yeast
VEGAN CUPCAKES
>one can of raw pumpkin
>half a mix of duncan hines devils food cake mix

>eating mock anything
Srsly dude

lol at eating dead flesh, chicken periods, and cow milk/puss mix

have fun with your cancer/heart disease goals of 2016

I think this faggot was saying that eating mock animal stuff is bad, along with eating real animal stuff but of course you are both stupid faggots and should kill yourselves meat is p good desu

The tempeh was just a whole block of WestSoy 5-grain tempeh baked at 400 for something like 20-30 minutes. For the sauce I just added 1/4 cup soy sauce, splash of ginger juice (usually fresh ginger root but I didn't have any), a clove of garlic, about 1/8 cup sweet onion, and a tablespoon of rice vinegar to a food processor. Pour a bit on the tempeh before you pop it in the oven, flip it halfway through and pour a bit on the back, when it's done cooking cut it into strips and drizzle a little more on.

Broccoli is just broccoli steamed for like 6 minutes with balsamic vinegar on it.

The oat/rye dish is about 3/4 cup oats and 1/4 cup rye. Rye tastes kind of shit on its own but it's nutritious and cheap so it's good for mixing into other tastier grains. Poured in about 3 cups of black bean broth that I had from cooking black beans the day before, added some chopped carrots, 1/3 pint of mushrooms, half a diced onion, and 3 tablespoons of red lentils. Let it simmer until the grains are soft and the liquid has reduced and turned into kind of a thick gravy. Pour it in a bowl, sprinkle on the lemon-pepper, add some salt, and squirt a few lines of yellow-bird or other hot sauce.

Buy it at the store. I actually got the 5-grain by mistake, I meant to get the original tempeh since that one has more protein. They taste about the same though so fuck it.

You know, making your own tempeh is dirt cheap. Soy beans and a tempeh starter is all you need. Saves tons in the long run.

>meat is p good desu

citation needed...

I don't eat the stuff enough to make that worthwhile and I'm too lazy anyway. I always thought it'd be cool to start brewing kombucha tea though.

OP, here's a youtube I found explaining some of the most nutritious vegan foods
youtube.com/watch?v=p_lAkPyvSnA

Medical science confirms: Vegans have a higher incidence of mental health problems (dozens of articles): google.com/search?num=50&q=vegans have more emotional problems

>humane way to kill them

so I guess you wouldn't mind being humanly killed by someone right?

>No, because I don't eat flesh you dumb fucking shit.

Or if you actually read the papers, they basically say people who are depressed are more likely to start eating vegetarian diets, possibly to improve their situation

OMG I'm so sorry, that link was lingering from copypaste left over from another thread, I didn't mean to post that! Here's the right one: youtube.com/watch?v=j6IaLLr4xcA

Or if you don't cherry-pick the links from that google search, you find that vegans have a higher incidence of mental health problems from amino acid deficiencies, therefore veganism is insane. EAT MEAT it's healthy for your brain.

correlation != causation

fuck off

I was vegan for a long time. Then vegetarian. Then vegan.

Now I eat loads of meat and feel fantastic. Dead animal flesh. Literally corpses. The benefits are enormous. I feel great.

>EAT MEAT it's healthy for your brain.

You're not showing that very well

It's not only about being kind to animals who deserve to live just like we deserve to do - and they do have that right, everyone and everything that lives has a right to live. It's also about the environmental impact of using animals as a food resource, which is also affected by bees. There are good reasons not to use bees, as you can read here: vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

Sustainable fish farming is another excuse that only counts as an argument if you only think about the sustainability of the farming process itself, but the issues regarding the health of the ones who consume fish still should be considered. Also, fish deserve to live, like I already stated, even though there might be people who think otherwise. I think that way of categorizing other living beings into more or less worthy of living is more than outdated, though. If you're interested in vegan arguments against the consumption of fish, here's an article that supports this: navs-online.org/animal_issues/fish_fishing/troubledwaters.php

If you're not satisfied with this research, there's tons and tons out there, just google "vegan arguments against x", you'll always find something regarding consumption of animal products, often well researched articles and arguments that deserve to be heard and thought about. Veganism is, in my opinion, the only morally correct and sustainable way of eating in this day and age, even if some people reject this notion due to broscience, "muh gains", taste, tradition or lacking discipline. It's a movement with hundreds of success stories and people who are far happier than most roid-addicts on this board. The "angry vegan who always screams and shouts about his diet" is mostly a meme or not as one-dimensional as most people think. If you don't want to be vegan, fine, do your thing, maybe you'll change your mind someday - once you're ready to make that step towards a better future, you're always welcome.

>if you just pick the cherries /I/ like, you'll see that I'm right!

kek. most of those articles are just anecdotes of 30 year old women who stopped eating meat and felt grumpy about not having burgers.

>It's not only about being kind to animals who deserve to live just like we deserve to do - and they do have that right, everyone and everything that lives has a right to live.
Of course. But rights aren't real. Rabbits breed like rabbits. You need predation to keep population in check, otherwise population collapse will.

>Sustainable fish farming is another excuse that only counts as an argument if you only think about the sustainability of the farming process itself
Dude nothing about modern life is sustainable. Please.

Out of curiosity, are there any even remotely reasonable arguments FOR consuming flesh in modern society from a moral standpoint? I've never heard a single good reason on the basis of ethics/morality.

>vegans btfo

Ok, because fuck me I'll die at 30 if I don't get my omega-3, huh

Nah, you'll just get brain damage

>Appeal to Emotion
Logical fallacy, entire comment disqualified.

I have vegan friends. Every last one of them has some strange mental or emotional problem, in addition to being skinny, weak, and often having strange chronic health problems, and getting sick easily. Except for the two I know who gave it up and started eating meat again, who became fitter and stronger even without any real exercise, had more energy, their personalities leveled out to something more like normal, and they don't get sick several times a year anymore like they used to. My experience with these people is far from being unique, you can find these experiences from people all over. Veganism is a fucking MEME, it's not natural, it's not healthy, it's not 'better for the planet', vegan activists are no better than PETA activists or militant feminists or extreme environmentalists, they all have an Agenda, and they DGAF if people are actually happy and healthy, all they care about is checking off boxes on their Master Plan for the world. ANYTHING you say to support your 'claims' is suspect. Meanwhile nobody is going to stop eating meat or fish or dairy, you're pissing into the wind, you're just more motherfuckers trying to ice-skate uphill. You will be ignored, marginalized, and disregarded in the future as much as you have been in the past, maybe more, as people get tired of your rhetoric and double-speak. In short: fuck the fuck off.

>Y U SO MAD THO?
You're not even worth getting angry over. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to wash away your flood of nonsensical appeal-to-emotion and mom-science-level crap with a flood of logic and reason and REALITY. Bugger off.

youtube.com/watch?v=A7uJvjbN968

i've been using activated almonds a lot lately to cook vegan pastry. delicious and nutritious

It's an omnivore's instinct and birthright to consume flesh.

youtube.com/watch?v=BswUbFcBvB8

Ok you're talking about veganism in modern terms which is very valid. Health issues aside, let's focus on ethics since the majority of 'lucid' vegans who do it on the basis of personal choice rather than due to popular culture, engage in veganism on the basis of moral viewpoints.

When it comes to eating flesh, I have no issue with the notion in itself. It's natural, animals do it. Yes, and humans did/do it too, but I do not believe it is natural to eat corpses that are slaughtered in farms and then mass packaged for me to buy in the grocery store. If I were a hunter and killed my prey, I see it a perfectly valid lifestyle and often necessity to eat flesh.

That said, when the opportunity exists to abstain from engaging and perpetuating mass slaughter of living sentient beings, I can not in any way see a valid justification for eating meat in its modern form. Like seriously, let's step away from the hunter and predator/prey arguments and nature, because we are not even remotely imitating it anymore. Is there even a single valid moral argument for eating meat in its modern form?

What is ground flaxseed and chiaseeds

fuck off bro, you probably can't think because of all the heavy metals in fish fucking up your brain

Lion fish off the coast of Florida. Creating ecological havoc, must be hunted and deep fried into delicious delicious fritters.

>Is there even a single valid moral argument for eating meat in its modern form?
We're omnivores, it's a scientific FACT, and you're sabotaging your long-term health and ultimate fitness if you eat a strict vegetarian diet. You can't argue with me that it 'causes this that and the other' disease because if you live long enough you WILL get some disease or another and you can't blame it on eating meat. That and your 'personal choice' means Jack Shit to anyone, we don't care what your 'personal choice' is, not until you try to impose your 'personal choices' on other people who are not welcoming of it. Please go be 'vegan' or 'strict vegetarian' or whatever you want to call your 'lifestyle choice' in private somewhere and don't bother other people with it, and then we won't fele the need to beat on you on an Anime Image Board.

>EPA and DHA
reading comprehention, user

More good vegan cooking tips: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOnkVbcYXRQ

Ok so you responded to my question on morality with health implications of veganism. Well done.

Your notions of what is and isn't "natural" are completely arbitrary. You aren't basing your opinion on ethics, but feelings and aesthetics

>appeal to emotion with the word "corpse"

A freshly hunted deer is a corpse by definition, a cut of meat in the grocery store is not a corpse. Using the word is vegan shitlogic, trying to make meat sound worse than it is.

Know what? You can take your condescending, holier-than-thou tone and shove it up your ass. It just BURNS you that I eat meat and other animal products, wear and use animal-derived products, enjoy it all immensely, apologize to no one for it, am extremely healthy and fit, disease-free, and you can't do a damn thing to stop me from continuing it. Meanwhile you're probably just like so many people I know: skinny (or skinny-fat, from too many carbs you end up eating in your vain attempt to get enough complete protein) weak, sickly, and struggle with emotional and/or mental problems, but you'll defend your 'lifestyle choice' to the end, regardless, and look down your nose at the rest of us, assuming you're 'more evolved' or somesuch nonsense.

Baloney.

So much carnage in this thread, how rude!
Here's a nice man helping an animal in distress. Enjoy!

if you blend avocado and garlic it tastes good, becomes like a sauce. good with rice and tofu. also beans are good. important is to have variety.

DHA is made from omega 3's which flax and chia seeds have
EPA can be taken with seaweed/algea

biochemistry comprehension, user

Eating some pesto chicken right now. Fucking awesome. Enjoy your estrogen OP. You ask for sauce but your post is filled with the typical passive aggressive nuances that a women would type with, proving this in and of itself.

Bioavailability comprehention, user

Alright man, you do you
but you've yet to answer anything adequately.

I have 0 issue with you eating meat, enjoy it user, and godspeed with the gains

youtube.com/watch?v=n5DPaeQy7g0&index=26&list=PLNAlnQ4hvLtT60m2iHgSKw2uZsQ6hmOxQ

it's probably a huge case of bs like all vegans

Hey Veeky Forums if you we're starving, would kill and eat a child or a pig?

1) false
2) false

what's the difference?

Probably the pig