Routine General? Routine general

Routine General? Routine general

Help me Veeky Forums, ive been fucking around the gym for years, picking it up and leaving within 3 months but now life changed a lot and now i kinda need to get there. The deal is, i want to fight Muay Thai and stick with SS, how should i spread it in the week? Fight after workout 3/W or do it on rest days? Help me

Its me pic related
>1.78m
>66kg

Other urls found in this thread:

oldschooltrainer.com/mma-minimalist-routine/
t-nation.com/workouts/lift-3-days-a-week-and-grow
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

oldschooltrainer.com/mma-minimalist-routine/
try this given you do muay thai

my routine:
>monday
back squat
high pulls

>wednesday
front squat
bench
dumbell press
tricep extensions
pulldowns

>friday
power cleans
rdls
close grip bench
curls/tricep pushdowns/flies all 2xmax
dumbell chest supported rows

Pic related is my routine, only have dumbbells bench and pull up bar.
AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
2 min rest between sets 3 between exercises. On chinups I try first to do as many regular ones (with a bit of jump for momentum cuz I'm too weak) first and then do the negatives really slow. Should I increase the volume on my rows to get a stronger back faster? Should I swap curls with step ups to hit biceps consecutively and maybe do my step ups after the press?

Monday: rest because of class

Tuesday: heavy pullups, rows, lat isolation stuff

wednesday: bench, shoulder presses, cable flies, pushdowns, etc.

thursday: hip thrusts, leg press, leg extensions, leg raises, rope cable crunches, ab wheels

friday: heavy chinups, various biceps isolation exercises, forearms

saturday: bench...similar to wednesday

sunday: legs, abs...simliar to thursday with some cardio mixed in

absolute best workout split. PRs like crazy for me running this the past few months. pic related.

bench is 1x275, 10x225 last week
pullups are 1x160, 13x90
chins are 1x190, 2x180, 27x45
hip thrust is at 1x405, 15x275

i'm 5'10 158ish

diet nigga ?

i take some generic pre workout, amino energy every once in a while, whey post workout on heavy days, fish oil, multi vitamin, and ZMA every once in a while.

my diet is shit for the most part, i eat zero junk food, fat foods, sugary foods, so thats good. but i also don't eat nearly enough for how much i train. i don't track anything anymore, but i'd say i get 2000-3000 calories daily. some days its around 1000 just becuase i don't feel like eating. i drink a lot of black coffee, though

I sometimes see people here having like 10 excercises per day(30-40 working sets).
How can people sustain the intensity with that much workload? Are they just doing fluff and puff pump workouts or am I just a pussy doing 4(*3sets) heavy excercises and call it a day?

i do 30-50 sets per workout. 8-12 exercises. my workouts are all 1.5-3 hours, though. there are times when intensity lulls, but then i remember the girl who broke up with me a year ago. i think about how my future wife is going to be licking my abs during sex, grabbing my arm in public, and bragging to her girlfriends about how strong i am, and the intensity comes back for each set.

Fierce 5 novice, most balanced beginner routine I've ever done.

just out of curiousity what are your lifts.
I just cant imagine someone having strong lifts doing that kind of stuff.
no offense senpai, just curious.

Here's an example of s decent bench workout.

I think you forgot something senpai

Here's an arm workout in lue of a chin-up workout.

Here's a pull-up workout

k
weights are fine but I just do 3 sets of bench press for chest and have the same, even slighty higher bench numbers.

I mean dont you think its a waste of time doing all that fluff and puff shit?

>e] [Auto] 1 new post
organized by SETSxREPSxWEIGHT. indented exercises means they are the second exercise in a dropset. "4xx" means 4 all out sets.

i really enjoy working out though, so the more fluff the better. its my time to be alone, be completely focused, listen to good music. i'd workout for 8 hours if it were more practical.

dont you have real hobbies(working out is NOT a hobby) or a job?
how come you have so much free time?
just doesnt seem practical for people with a normal, regular life and real hobbies and interests besides lifting heavy weights and putting them down.

i will never understand why people dont feel like it's a waste of time doing workouts like this

lmao at your fucking "arm workout"

i intern 44 hours per week, and i'm taking 3 classes which are pretty easy so maybe 10 hours per week there. no friends/social life right now either. working out isn't simply working out for me. i've been doing it for 5-6 years now and it's helped me through all the rough times in my life. deaths, illnesses, major life changes, moving across the country three times. lifting is the only constant thing in my life. if you don't want to workout that much, have fun not having a resting eight pack year round, not getting mired everywhere you go, and have fun being average.

>5-6 years for those numbers.
uf man that changes a lot. your lifts slightly worse than mine and i lift only for 13-14months by doing my basic 4excercises*3sets shit.

I think I got the answer I wanted from you.

No hating senpai, keep doing ur stuff as long as it makes you happy.

i've only been lifting for 2 years, though. i used to run and play water polo before that, hence the 5-6 years.

its fine, Iam not here to hate.
I just wanted to see if I could expect more results if I would do just more or change my workout around but as it seems I wouldnt help at all.

Does anyone know how many exercises that Dana Linn Bailey does each workout? Which ones? I can't find an actual routine of hers.

three to four days is ideal, though. i'm looking forward to the fall when i get a full time job and can adjust my schedule. If my brain wasn't fucked, i'm pretty sure i would ahve died of exhaustion by now. i'd be surprised if any elite powerlifter workouts out hard 6-7 days per week anyways.

read this: t-nation.com/workouts/lift-3-days-a-week-and-grow

A:
front squat 4x4-6
Squat 4x4-6
dumbbell bench 4x8-10
straight arm pulldowns 4x8-10
lateral raise 3x10
skull crushers 3x10

B:
pause bench 4x4-6
touch and go bench 4x4-6
barbell rows 4x8
leg press 4x12
dubbell curls 4x10
rear delt flies 4x20

C:
snatch grip dl 4x4-6
deadlift 4x4-6
neutral grip lat pulldown 4x8-10
ohp 4x8
leg curls 3x10
curls 3x10
machine chest press 3x12
calf raise 3x15

wow i literally just posted the routine for that article

Thoughts?

A:
Squats 5x5
Barbell Rows 5x5
Bench 5x5
OHP 5x5
Standing Calf Raises 3x15
Skull Crushers 3x12

B:
Deadlift 5x5
Pull Ups 5x5
Barbell Incline Bench 5x5
Barbell Upright Row 5x5
Zottman Curl 3x12
DB Lat Raises 3x12

C:
Squats 5x5
T-Bar Rows 5x5
Chest Dips 5x5
OHP 5x5
DB Tricep Kickbacks 3x15
Seated Calf Raises 3x15

AxBxCxA

Also doing ab work and cardio on workout days, as well as cardio on off days. Focused primarily on losing weight presently.

That last A shouldn't be on the schedule. I'm just restarting after the third rest day

Any thoughts on how to get my shoulders bigger? Mine seem to be disproportionately small. I've been doing upright rows, lateral raises, and shoulder presses.

Anyone?