I'm a 19 years old 6'0" twig (120 pounds) with a ridiculously high metabolism...

I'm a 19 years old 6'0" twig (120 pounds) with a ridiculously high metabolism, I've been at this weight for nearly 6 years and have gone through periods of being completely sedentary with nothing but a 5 pound fluctuation to show for it, how do I bulk up in my situation?

I'm depressed and need to do something with myself and want to put on muscle for the sake of my health and safety, my only form of exercise atm is longboarding but it only helps my legs and balance, both of which are my only strengths from playing soccer for well over a decade, though I stopped about 5 years ago due to a nasty foot injury I've completely recovered from. I'm not looking for show off muscles or tight abs, I just want to be generally bigger and to not feel weak and almost sickly all the time. Any advice for my situation is appreciated.

eat a lot.

Eat calorie dense food. Your body cannot magically make energy out of nothing, you're not eating enough. Hit mcdonalds, mcchicken and mcdouble 800 cals right there

Doesn't help, I mainly eat pasta and meat and started making my own protein shakes but I don't have the stomach to eat large portions.

You're going to feel small regardless unless you actually eat and lift consistently. Before I started lifting I was about 6'2 140 and ate til I was 200 but im just all chub. Don't just eat. Lift

You make a bigger stomach. If you don't want to start eating that little bit extra each time until you can take it you might as well just deal with being a twig.

You're going to have to practice eating. It will get easier as you go on, but you're going to have to eat until you feel like you're gaging/going to vomit. Drink a gallon of milk a day. If you still can't gain weight go see a doctor

Eat at least 3 pb sandwiches a day. And drink a glass of milk with each one.

Also captcha was select all food.

I'm going to get a membership to the local gym next week, any specific weight lifting routines that would be good in my situation? I'm getting the basics down from various online sources but personal experiences are always welcome.

Also, how do I force myself to get up and stay up in the morning? I work afternoons/nights and despite not staying out late I always have trouble falling asleep and rarely wake up before noon.

no offence but this is completely wrong (the part where you say eating a lot "doesn't help")

even if you did have a high metabolism (which I doubt), the difference would only be ~400 calories a day compared to someone with a normal metabolism. Thats like a single McDouble, or a couple beers, or 3 bananas.

If you are serious about gaining weight you will find a way. Do 1/2GOMAD to add 1000 calories a day and come back in a month.

Read the sticky and stop thinking you have a "ridiculously high" metabolism. You probably eat junk, but don't eat as much of it as you think. You have to eat more and put those muscles to good use or else you'll just get fat.

what the fuck is a high metabolism to people anymore
do you fucking know your tdee or don't you

By "eating a lot doesnt help" I mean I feel like I'm going to puke if I eat anything more than a cheeseburger, and I've been tested for having an unusually high metabolism by my physician.

Eat, subside, eat again. That's how you get to lifthallah.

I'd recommend cycling to start with, you'll enjoy the long rides and you'll definitely want to eat when you get home from a long ride. Also don't eat immediately before going and a warm up would be about 15 minutes riding with some slight uphills and flat ground. It'll strengthen your core and the cardio system sort of priming you for weight training.

Omg. I hope you mean a cheeseburger per meal... Right? You can't possibly mean throughout a whole day. But at 120 and 6' you sound malnourished af.

Is lifting+eating really the secret here? I'm a poorfag and don't have the best meal options but would eating increasingly larger portions of pasta+meat do the trick?

At first I thought you were talking about juicing.

It should as long as you got your macros in check. Shouldn't be too hard!

I can barley stomach a bowl of cereal for breakfast when I do eat it and if I eat a cheeseburger anytime between 3-6 I'll be set for the day, it's bad but I don't have the coverage to see a doctor over this when I've been like this my whole life.

At least this is what helped me, treat your body like an old car that needs refurbing. It's been hard for me personally to get motivated just by doing weights for strength, but when I'm actually lifting things for a purpose or travelling somewhere it helps.

I'm in the same situation as op but i was wondering if there's even a point to trying to get into shape
1, I probably need "decade long coma" tier physical therapy to even think about exercise
2, I drink a lot and that makes exercise pointless
3, Asthmatic

don't want to start new thread so i'll post here

No it would not, there have been periods where I ate less food but gained strength and weight, because I was actually doing something. I've got a really high metabolism so when I eat a lot but I'm sedentary it's like my body is saying "you really don't need all this food, get up and do some work"

You set an alarm clock for 6 AM and WAKE UP every day at that time, even if you feel brain dead. Don't take naps or sleep during the day. I guarantee that by 10 PM you'll be sleepy as fuck and have no trouble falling asleep.
Just be consistent.

>high metabolism
you fell for the myth. eat more and the gains will flow. calories in calories out dog.