/QTDDTOT/ - Questions that dont deserve their own thread

Read the Sticky and ask all questions ITT

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_long_should_I_do_StrongLifts_52155
youtu.be/y4Wo095zPnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is penis reduction surgery safe and effective? I'm 16"x12" and I lose consciousness every time a pretty girl walks by.

is there any way to accelerate fat lost in certain areas when ur a fat fuck?

Or do you just keep losing weight and hope your body picks the right ones

The second.

There is no magic focusing point, just eat at a caloric deficit and it'll drop off over time. That is literally all there is to it. Working a particular body part will work the muscle, but it has little to do with losing fat in that particular part of the body.

I get this from people who tell me they do shittons of ab work and yet can't see their abs, it doesn't burn the fat off, only eating at a caloric deficit will do so.

>Read the Sticky

thanks, makes sense.

Will keep trucking along with the diet & exercise. Coming up on my 1 yr anniversary soon, and almost 80lbs post

is doing pullups a good excersise for my shoulders?
they refuse to grow, im lifting more but they arent exactly growing

just pump up the ohp

No.

Push press and face pulls.

im scared shitless of doing OHP, i literally never do it because i always feel im going to fuck up and drop the weight, i do it in the squat rack though, am i doing it wrong?

>37856392
behind the neck press, lat raises both 4x10-12, i tell ya ur gonna get cannonball shoulders

my biceps aren't as big as i want them to be, is there a problem with sliding bicep workouts every day?

how do i lose fat without losing a fuckton of muscle first?

are there any good at-home cardio workouts?

>decided to try squatting, because I heard it's great for lower body
>never truly felt 100% comfortable with it, but was ok
>eventually, it fucks up my knee and I stop
>now, over 4 months since I stopped squatting, knee still intermittently gives me pain, mostly when working out, but sometimes in daily life
>took doctor's advice to try slowly easing back into working it and nearby muscles, which helped, but it still bothers me
How the fuck I do actually completely recover? I only squatted regularly for a handful of weeks, and didn't think my form was THAT bad.

My family poor as fuck and my mom won't let me buy my own food. I've tried multiple ways to lose weight. Gym was a bust, fight club a bust, I don't have money for this shit. What can I do? Also, dat feel when you 6 foot 4 and 285 pounds.

You won't drop the bar on your head because if you fail, you won't be able to get it past your shoulders. And I do it in the rack too. Only way to get the bar in position since I don't know how to clean from floor.

you can eat anything and lose weight, it's just about how much you eat. eat 3 pieces of chicken instead of the whole bucket

I didn't see you tried eating less. Do that and read the sticky.

Pic related, is me. Feel like I'm fucked.

This

OHP for the shoulder gains mate. Start out doing push press if it intimidates you too much (allows you to bend your knees during the motion), otherwise, stop being a pussy. As user said, if the weight is too heavy it will not get past your shoulders.

I do try to eat less. Barely have anything for breakfast, have a good lunch, not that big of a dinner. I don't want to end up like my mother who is almost 400 fucking pounds. Went on an almost 2 hour walk today so I feel good.

Then eat less. Seriously read the sticky.

I've read the sticky, I've studied muscle groups, scheduling days for lower/upper body, nutrition, supplements, what have you.

But NOTHING has stabilized my sperg tendencies. I can have a successful workout then get lost on Veeky Forums for the next several hours.

Considering meds, but figured I'd ask if alternatives exist.

Anyone know if the ad for this is accurate?

how should i accurately weigh myself? i have an old rusty scale but i think its a lil off, should i get a digital one?

I've been doing SL for about a month now just to get my babbyweights up, can I switch to a size-based routine now?

i need to lose fat in my gut but also need to get some trap/shoulder/arm gains

how do i do this?

How many grams of protein do you guys eat a day? How many calories?

I'm eating 2100 calories, usually over 220g a day, hoping to get strength gains. I weigh 145, bench around 205, squat 240ish, deadlift 275. Will this work?

Get a digital one. Weigh yourself in the morning. The night before you weigh yourself, don't eat or drink liquids past 8-9 PM, or else you're going to retain that and get an inaccurate weigh in. Also, only weigh yourself about every week. Anything else is useless, as real weight loss/gain takes about a weeks worth of cutting/bulking to register real change.

Start counting your calories instead of just doing that stupid shit you're doing. And instead of just randomly eating less, eat less of the bad stuff. Cut out sugar and keep the protein.

By cutting but hitting your protein for the day

should i also get one with a decimal point or does it not really matter?

Do shrugs with dumbbells

Yes. If you can't see ounces, you can't see the subtleties in changing your bulk/cut. Some weeks may come by with only .7lbs change in a direction. Still relevant knowledge.

stronglifts.com/5x5/#How_long_should_I_do_StrongLifts_52155

what does natty mean

Natural, no enhancement supplements.

Can I get big strong legs by only doing heavy BOX squats and regular deadlifts?

Just do real squats

inb4 my knees and poor rom

Is the time spent recovering in between sets that important? Why does it matter if I wait a minute or an hour as long as I'm doing the same amount of exercise?

When you wait, you recoup, which means more effective continued sets.

So longer is generally better? I thought people tried to reduce the rest time between sets.

I'd say do regular squats instead of "sissy box squats" and also throw in front squats with clean grip. Depending on genetics you may or may not need direct calf training.

Some people will say it doesn't actually help muscle growth, but 1 minute intervals are going to be much more conducive to getting a pump. Be a pump whore.

You rest long enough to be able to do your next set.

SHAGGY AND SCOOBY ALWAYS RUN AWAY SIDE BY SIDE WHEN FLEEING IN TERROR FROM A MONSTER IF A GREAT DANES RUNNING SPEED IS 30-40 MPH THAT MEANS THAT SHAGGY CAN RUN AT THE SAME SPEED THIS MEANS THAT SHAGGY IS THE FASTEST HUMAN ALIVE BEATING USAIN BOLTS TOP SPEED OF 27 MPH. HOW DO I ACHIEVE

So it helps to get a good rythm going? I can see that.
How do you know when you're ready - is it something you learn through experience?

Er senpais, do my hands look feminine?

Injured my wrist a month ago. the pain disappeared and I completely forgot about it until last week when the pain came back. Should I be worried? Or should I wait it out. It wasn't as bad as when I initially got it, but now it's just annoying.
Occasionally, I'll have a throbbing pain on that wrist even if I'm just relaxing it, then it'll go away after 1 throb.
The source of the pain is in the middle of my right wrist, palms facing down

When I move my wrist down, I can hear something like my bones cracking. I do that to my other wrist and I hear nothing

>How do you know when you're ready
When my heart has stopped pounding and I've stopped gasping for breath are my criteria.

incredibly. Cut those fingernails Thai ladyboy

In general, when I get a mild injury like these, I just work though them. Unless you have debilitating pain that you absolutely have to get taken care of, do what grandpa would have done and stop being a little bitch.

whats the reason for putting a bumper plate on first when deadlifting? Does it somehow protect the metal pl8s you add on after or what?

is it okay to deadlift 3 days a week?

Works for me

How much change can I expect starting as a skelly in 6 months of dedicated work outs and a strict diet?

does anyone have this image of a ancient roman trainer hating on curls?

If you're skelly, don't be strict. Dirty bulk and lift hard as fuck. Just make sure you get like 200 G protein a day and eat hard as fuck beyond that. I started at skelly mode just like you and would literally eat until I was sick. Put on 26 pounds in about 6 months and stayed tight. Could easily put on 20 pounds of muscle in that time if you are a true auschwitzmode.

>20 pounds of muscle in 6 months

but yeah, EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON

I get lightheaded when doing heavy lifts. Feels like I'm gonna pass out (and actually did once when deadlifting (100kg (dyel))). I've started doing cardio and I have can run longer and faster now. But it does not help with the problem.

Please help, I'm scared.

It's really not hard. I started at 120 lbs. think about how little 146 lbs is. Does not take long to make that transition.

Anaerobic cardio, like barbell complexes.

That happens to everyone mane. Arnold used to boast about how he would sometimes squat until he passed out. I've passed out before dl'ing

Do you seriously think it was ALL muscle?
as in lean body mass?

The short summary is that it's related to the same different kinds of stress that different rep ranges provide. There's a lot of complex layers to the energy supply to your muscles.
Give yourself plenty of rest, and your muscles are completely restocked, refilled with ATP and its storages full of oxygen and glucose too. This allows you to test your muscles to the limit of their actual work capacity, what you're doing when you lift as much as you can for a low number of reps.
Shorten your rest, and what you tax is the immediate energy creation and storage in your muscles. The glucose and oxygen storage and number of mitochondria. The same thing you test by doing many reps. (Since this leans on sarcoplasm, not only does this adaptation improve short term muscular endurance, it also increases size.)

(Take it further, do something continuously, and tax energy supply to the muscle from outside, the capillary density, and the heart and lungs. You're doing cardio.)

(Obligatory mention that total isolation of one kind of adaptation is impossible. Even if you're doing single rep maxes, you'll still develop some mass and even some conditioning)
(I'm also skipping power adaptation.)

So your rest length should be appropriate to the type and level of work you're doing. If you're doing 5x12 for hypertrophy, you want to compress your rest, down to 1 or 2 minutes between heavy sets.
If you're mostly focused on improving strength, doing sets of 1, 2, or 3, you want long enough rests. (The reason not to do hour long rests is because you'll cool down and lose the benefits of your warm-up practice. And because spending the entire day at the gym is silly. Though professional barbell athletes with a home gym sometimes actually split a work out into morning and evening halves to recover really well for the second half).

Probably like 5 lbs of it was fat.

Stop eating as much. Doesn't matter what your mom buys and she'll be happy with the savings.

what? please elaborate. isn't squatting and dling doing barbell complexes?

I know it happens to everyone but it seriously sucks that I am experiencing this at such low weight. i used to squat 120kg a few years ago, now im getting lightheaded at 70kg. wtf

best case scenario a natty can put on 20-25 pounds of lean muscle in a year

>Shorten your rest, and what you tax is the immediate energy creation and storage in your muscles. The glucose and oxygen storage and number of mitochondria. The same thing you test by doing many reps. (Since this leans on sarcoplasm, not only does this adaptation improve short term muscular endurance, it also increases size.)

then why do long distance runners have such tiny legs. i've read about this a long time ago and if i remember correctly there is a point when muscle begins to shrink for effieceny or something.

Shit nigger. Are you hitting that vulsalva maneuver when you're lifting?

Alright man. Believe what you will. I'm probably making things up over the Internet to a complete stranger. It's all a giant conspiracy.

At what age do strength athletes typically peak?

no you just don't know what you're talking about

its completely possible for a skelly to put on 20-30 pounds in six months but you're completely retarded if you think more than 50% of that is muscle

i do, but im not pinching my nose. the air is blocked in my neck. my theory is that im tightening my neck and oxygen supply gets cut to my head (my face gets very red).

dont know how to fix it though. ive just tested and i get lightheaded by only bracing my core for a few seconds. it is not as bad as when im lifting though.

Was zyzz only that aesthetic coz of muscle insertions? How good do similar sized people look with worse genetics?

Do you have upper cross syndrome or forward head posture? That used to affect my blood flow.

As I said, believe what you want to. I have nothing to prove to you and if it helps you cope with your lackluster gains, you're welcome to your own beliefs.

dont know about UCS but i think i have forward head posture since my posture is pretty fucked up. how did you fix it?

Stretch chest, traps, back of neck. Reverse flies with bands. Rotator cuff work with bands. youtu.be/y4Wo095zPnc
In my experience, if you have forward head posture, you probably to some extent have rolled shoulders. Ie upper cross syndrome.

>those wrists
If that makes me cringe, does that mean I have poor wrist flexibility?

Went out drinking yesterday, I hardly ever drink.

I drank a lot, well I dranked through the entire day. It was a business teambuilding type stuff.

I wasn't really drunk though, is it possibly my liver has become very efficient to go through shit because of all the protein?

can someone explain the origin of the LONDON meme?

some monkey came up with it

I recently started just doing the 4 main compound lifts and pullups 5x5 every day. Will this see me through to 1/2/3/4 okay? Will I regret ditching isolations altogether? Is this a retarded idea?

I would guess it came from London or thereabouts.

Actually pretty accurate

I took 2 days off from working out and when i came back i benched weak as fuck and got sore the next 2 days which hasnt happened in a long time, my ohp was strong that day oddly

What the fuck happened

No

been waking up with a stiff neck for like 2 weeks. nothing about my pillow or bed situation has changed. I took a week off lifting and it seemed to help but it just came back today hard. the only difference between now and like 3 weeks ago was I installed my air conditioner. what do? it fucking kills all day. should I sleep on the floor?

More likely old dude has poor shoulder flexibility.

SS + GOMAD

Should I count the calories in the butter I use on the pan when I make eggs? If so, are there any low cal alternatives to butter?

am I the only one who eats fast?

whenever i'm eating out with friends/family I always finish before everyone else is halfway done (even if we have the same portions or mine is bigger than everyone else's)

Just moved to Japan and my company only subsidizes enough that I can go 4 days a month and it's 20 bucks every day I go thereafter (the fuck).

How fucked would I be if I just did my heavy lifts once a week and just buy dumbbells for the rest of the week?

Could this work, or should I just bite the bullet and pay the ridiculous price of Veeky Forumsness in nipnongistan?

Im becoming a police officer and polygraph asks about cp, i used to browse /b/ so am i screwed desu?
Even if i answer no. Its not like it was intentional and predators should be hung imo.

I guess that depends on how the question is phrased. If it's "have you ever seen cheese pizza" you could truthfully say "yes, 'accidentally.'" Hasn't everyone...?

Most normies have not and they dont look at it lightly...
Its only normal to people who use Veeky Forums
Im thinking i should just lie
Ive never willingly pursued it.

Any exercises I can do at home to supplement my lagging OHP?

I'm stuck at 35kg (75lbs?) x 5, and even then most times I can only do 3 or 4 reps, cheating on the last one.

What can I do at home on rest days to get over the hurdle?