If you can't put the weight down, don't pick it up!

>If you can't put the weight down, don't pick it up!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QNSWOclSI6Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no clips
>wobbling plate
reee

3rd for big Syrian butts

Shut up twig

>dat butt canyon

the majority of injuries doing deadlifts happens when trying to control the weight the down. why wouldn't i just drop my 4pl8 + diddy

>dropping the weight on deadlifts

i go to a super meathead gym and i have never once seen anyone drop the weight doing deadlifts. the only time it makes sense to drop a barbell is if you're doing power cleans

so what do they do to lower the weight?

Not him but I'm a weakling who's new to the gym but when i get to a 3pl8 deadstop deadlift I'm just going to unhinge my hips and let it slam into the floor. I see no purpose of the negative portion

they just do a deadlift in reverse.

Explain

For what reason would I ever need the eccentric movement of the deadlift? What muscles does it train besides exponentially increasing the rate of injury?

that's a good question, why are you even doing deadlifts in the first place?

What?

Lats for keeping your back straight. Also grip.

>Lats for keeping your back straight

But is that really a good choice? Wouldn't it make more sense to actually focus on my lats by specifically targetting them on pulldowns or rows instead of retardedly increasing my chance of injury?

if you want safety and targeting specific muscles, then just use machines.

No I'm saying why not focus on the actual purpose of the lifts?

Deadlifts for lower back/glutes/hamstrings and then upper back by actually focusing on it instead of autistically "kind of" hitting it by doing the eccentric portion.

Feels like only old fags say "le it's too heavy just place it carefully". Why don't any powerlifters or olympic lifters ever gently place it down, even on warmups?

>Why don't any powerlifters or olympic lifters ever gently place it down, even on warmups?
Because they're training for a competition, making the lift is the objective in and of itself. If you're not lifting competitively one would assume you're lifting for strength or muscular development, in which case the lift is the means, not the end.

this is a picture of me during my runescape true trim hunt stream recently. how do I fix my arms?

be gentle

>playing runescape

what the fuck

I lift at an oly gym and weights get slammed on all lifts.

There's a guy who removes the pl8s from the bar after deadlifts by tilting the bar and letting them slide off on the last rep.
The noise scares away the DYELs.

Because if you're doing diddlys and not expecting a fullbody workout, then odds are, you're either a faggot or not trying to increase your deadlift.

Don't worry about the deadlift negative. Control the weight on the way down but don't lower it slowly.

>O SHIT WADDUP

Bullshit. There's only risk of injury - like with everything lifting related - if you're an idiot.

Dropping weights began when bumper plates crept into the weightroom. John Davis, one of many old school weightlifters, clean and jerked 177kg in competition and then carefully lowered the bar safely.

See people not dropping more weight from shoulder height than you can deadlift:youtube.com/watch?v=QNSWOclSI6Q

Just don't fucking throw the weight.
If the plates make noise when you put em down but you are trying to control it down, thats fine.

This guy at my gym drops his deadlift from a standing position, doesn't even try to bring it down.
He's such a douche too fuck I hate him.

1st for Syrian genocide.

As an oly lifter i have to say that its terrible for your shoulders to control the weights down all the time, and you just waste energy. You have to be pretty insecure if you can't tolerate weights being dropped.

MY GLUTES ARE SO SORE

wanking hard to Arab butts right now desu

>that face

HIGH TEST
I
G
H

T
E
S
T

thicc

punb

high testotorone

>her face when u squat 4pl8 in perfect form

tfw no Kazakh gf

i want to have sex with you

>i go to a super meathead gym
There's your problem. Go to a proper gym, retard.