Anyone here opt for bodyweight workouts?

Anyone here opt for bodyweight workouts?

What is your favourite muscle group to train with your bodyweight, and which movements do you love to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Adjustable-Weighted-Vest/dp/B01464GUOU/ref=sr_1_4?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1468115733&sr=1-4&keywords=weighted vest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I do a good bit of bodyweight stuff, doing a PHAT type routine but i'll add in 3x10 chins and 3x10 pullups on upper body day, dips drop sets, dedicated abs on "off" day - dragon flags, toes-to-bar, windshield wipers. Toes-to-bar or close grip pullups are probably my favorite, i fucking hate the front lever progression i'm working on right now. I just suck at it.

Yes, because I rekt my knee with improper squat technique. Would recommend bodyweight fitness to anyone who wants to get strong or reasonably fit.

In my opinion everyone should start with bodyweight (unless they're impatient, which most people are). Lifting is awesome but bodyweight is everything I need.

My favourite movement is the pullup on rings, hopefully should be able to do a pullover sometime in the future.

What is your current routine?

you simply wont be able to attain a reasonable level of strength with just bodyweight.

Depends on what you define as 'reasonable strength' I suppose. As a soldier, bodyweight seemed to be all I needed once I became accustomed to the physicsl demands.

This is patently false. You can get to intermediate level strength with just bodyweight, and is your entire body. You can attain advanced levels of strength in your upper body with just bodyweight training as well.

Pullups + Dips (rings)
3x4

Deep step ups + L-sit
3x6 and 60 secs

Pushups + Decline Rows (rings)
3x6

I weigh 89.5kg and still have some fat to drop before I can advance but I ideally want to have a rep range of 6.

Well most people would consider a gymnasts level of strength more than reasonable. Squats/Deadlifts are something you should add in though.

This, just look at gymnasts
you simply wont be able to swallow a reasonable level of semen with just your mouth.

Why the fuck would you need more than bodyweight? I don't get this. Unless you girlfriend is 350 pounds and you have to haul her fatass out of a burning house.

I do strictly bodyweight and I can climb over a wall, get on a roof, shit like that. All these fuckers lifting to get huge are so stupid.

I found a kind of memey sounding on by doing a quick google search, but I'm going to do it on my days off from weight training for something to do.

Why is he wearing a beanie outside when it's sunny?

Post it, I'm curious.

>Why the fuck would you need more than bodyweight?
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Maybe we like lifting weights, fuckhead. Ever think of that?

I do mostly bodyweight since I'm more of a runner than anything else, and being more mobile and light is better. However, I still do squats with weights since a pistol squat, though a great exercise in strength and balance, just isn't enough for me.

My favorite exercise is archer push-ups. I can do one-handed no problem, but I just don't really like doing them. Instead, I opt for a weighted vest and do them.

Calm down. There is no need to be upset.

No problem with that but seriously I don't get the 'Lets get huge and bench 500 fucking pounds' mentality. Humans aren't made to do that shit.

One thing I have noticed you never see old people above 6' 3'' and you never see old people that clearly were bodybuilder types in their youth.

I am fit for two reasons: to keep my health top notch to live as long as possible and to look good.

>weighted vest
Been thinking of getting one of these. Do you like it? Any buying tips??

Post your legs bodyweight guys

Just platue when you can do a comfortable amount of reps and just stick there. Like you can do 100 push-ups, next month you can do 200. You have a set goal of reps you want and just stick there. Like 30 pull-ups a set, etc. You can have functional strength with either and yoga does fall under body weight so yes you can get very strong.

Make sure to keep good posture when you have it on. Like really watch. Then do mobility work after using. That's about all the harm prevention you'll need desu. They have them on Amazon for like 40 bucks.

I perform a workout with a deck of cards. 450 reps in total, including the jokers. I do:

○ 225 x Squats
○ 225 x Leg Raises
○ 50 Burpees
○ 45 mins Rowing Machine. I aim for 10km.

amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-Adjustable-Weighted-Vest/dp/B01464GUOU/ref=sr_1_4?s=exercise-and-fitness&ie=UTF8&qid=1468115733&sr=1-4&keywords=weighted vest

This is the one I have. I can't really say much about it. I like that I can add additional challenge to exercises I actually like without having to go into variations I don't like (e.g. archers to one-arm.) However, those are very rare so it actually isn't worth the money to me. But if a person doesn't want to progress past the standard calisthenic exercises but wants an additional challenge, then it's worth it.

K thanks guys. Will keep posture in mind. Can you wear it comfortably without a shirt on or will it move around once I am sweating and/or chafe?

Add planks and Russian twist, you've basically got yourself covered. Missing the ab work, planks=god tier abs

The one I linked to is comfortable without a shirt. I can't say much about it moving around since it moves around on me a lot. Again, I'm a runner. That should say it all.

Thats because the tall people are out slaying lussy and doing too much cool shit.
Once we get too old, we sacrifice ourself for our fellow tall brethrin which then allows us passage into val halla.
The short people are rude and want to get old and shit themselves too try and make the tall people take care of them. But we just dont do it.

Dunno, never used one myself. I just use a dumbbell inbetween my feet at the moment. I'd imagine if your a little more picky with the vest you buy there is less chance of irritation. Look at the shoulder straps especially. Make sure they are nice and wide and distribute the weight well. Saw a youtuber mention that.

You can't reach Veeky Forums level standards since folks here tend to enjoy lifting in a strength-sport way, but you could get to a place many people would be happy with.

Legs are another story entirely.

he's balding and very self conscious about it lol

ha ha ya I am considered tall (6') so I am not ragging on tall guys. I saw an interview with Larry Bird how he doesn't think he will make it ten more years and has dealt with heart problems due to his height his whole life and knows many others with the same problem.

I am a runner/bodyweight guy so my legs are solid as a brick shithouse. Not he big bulky muscular look that some on here want. I can outrun the bear while those guys can... idk maybe lift it with their legs??

Top kek do the iron cross then talk about strength you can achieve with bodyweight