Something like (pic related) would really help me with drinking water a day...

Something like (pic related) would really help me with drinking water a day, but my fear is about drinking from plastic too much because they say estrogen will get into your water some fucking way. Does anyone know if there's actually any health issues refilling one of these daily with filtered water? I don't want to grow a vagina man

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/537905-can-drinking-too-much-water-cause-low-potassium/
livestrong.com/article/448446-can-drinking-too-much-water-hurt-your-kidneys/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to refill the same gallon that i got full of water and after a couple days it would always start leaking and shit. so it was extremely inconvenient. I dont think drinking a gallon a day unless you're on like playing a sport, on dnp or tren or some shit is worth it anyway

You don't need that much water, drinking enough water is just that, enough. Drinking more than enough water just makes you piss more and is actually less healthy than drinking the correct amount.

>Does anyone know if there's actually any health issues refilling one of these daily with filtered water?

I don't know if a milk jug full of water is safe to freeze but I know it is food grade safe plastic as a #2 plastic HDPE.

The danger comes in cross contamination. The inside of a milk bottle can hold bacteria from the milk you just finished. You then give yourself the swamp ass because it isn't like you can get 100% of the milk and bacteria out by just rinsing it.

TLDR: Stop being a cheap weirdo and go buy a workout bottle.

you can also get yourself potassium deficient by drinking a gallon of water a day. Sodium deficient too but people usually have that covered as long as they eat food.

But I'd be concered about potassium levels in your blood if I drank a gallon of water a day without eating extra potassium.

Drinking a gallon of water a day is not good for kidney function and can contribute to kidney stones.

source?

Damn nig i drink about 6 liters a day on regular activity, am i gonna rip?

>source?

livestrong.com/article/537905-can-drinking-too-much-water-cause-low-potassium/

It's called water intoxication. If you ever had to do 2 a days out in the August hundred degree heat you will remember that feeling of the ole gurgle stomach

I thought that a gallon is what you're supposed to be drinking a day? What's the recommended?

I have a workout bottle but if I have none left and I'm not thirsty I'll get lazy and not refill it because I'm a cunt

also the stones are a rarity, most people get stones from not drinking enought but you can get it from drinking too much too (especially if you drink 'hard' water).

livestrong.com/article/448446-can-drinking-too-much-water-hurt-your-kidneys/

It will reduce kidney fuction now and cause greater chance of kidney failure later in life.

I bought a 48 Oz bottle and it's perfect for my water consumption at work and at the gym.

I think you already have a vagina man, you fucking pussy.

>What's the recommended?

the biggest factor is whether you work out outside or not. A gallon is too much for someone who works a desk job and mires his 1rm on deadlift but too little if you go out and jog for 45 minutes a day in the summer heat.

Feels bad man

For someone who's job is to sit and drive a car around, goes to school, runs and gets gains then. How much good good should I be drinking?

>For someone who's job is to sit and drive a car around, goes to school, runs and gets gains then. How much good good should I be drinking?

The serious answer is enough so that your pee is very nearly almost clear- ever so slightly shaded yellow

Drink when you're thirsty

>there are people out there who view drinking a gallon of water as a challenge
Never going to make it.

i drink 2 gallons of water a day its nuts i pee like 16 times a day but i fucking love water its like im addicted

Gallon is a good amount.

wow thats shitty advice, your urine must be piss brown all the time

>believing maymays from Joseph Dietcola, David Mango Puppydawg and Fewd Bewb

Come on man, get a fucking grip.

This. Your body knows when it is not hydrated.

There's no medical evidence that more water is better. More water is often superfluous.
Your body needs water, but typically 500ml with every meal and a glass before before bed and upon waking up, plus maybe another litre during a workout is plenty. On top of the water you take in with your food (not what you drink but the actual water in most food) this is plenty of water for your health.

LOL!!!

the whole estrogen from plastic thing is really overblown. maybe if you've been drinking out of the same cheap disposable jug for like 5 years.

please dont give health advice when you don't understand what you are talking about

I have a 2 clean kanteens, 1 insulated and normal.

I also have the metal caps for them, so the only plastic touching my water is the o-ring on the cap.

They literally cost like $60 for a fucking water bottle

Clear, copious, and frequent OP.

(I think all this "you don't ACTUALLY need more than a glass of water with each meal" metacontrarianism is a bit overblown, but ymmv. I go through about a gallon a day just drinking when thirsty, plus another liter or two of bcaas and possibly very weak gatorade.).

Anyway, stuff won't get into the water from the plastic unless the water is very hot or freezes in the bottle, so you should be safe.

Change the oil in your car as soon as it makes funny noises.

if you have an ulimited access to water and drink whenever you want, you're most likely optimally hydrated

Holy shit dude why are you such a faggot?

If you are scared of re-using plastic then buy a water container made out of something else. Or just mark up a new jug every day or two. Is that so hard that you needed to make a thread about this?

This meme about estrogen came from the BPA in plastic which was thought to mimic estrogen, nothing actually to do with estrogen itself
Anyways this stuff got removed as a precautionary measure from all plastic bottles anyway, even though I don't think it was ever proven to actually have any noticeable effects
If you're really worried just get a bottle that's BPA free, although i really doubt it's going to matter

Actually, excess water doesn't place stress on kidneys. The pressure that actually filters your blood into urine is mostly osmotic pressure and the pressure of large ions and Proteins (think of them as coffee grinds in a filter, not passing through). The more protein you eat, the more pressure there is on your kidneys. Sodium and potassium pass right through, but different balances trigger different systems in your body to vary the urine output.

I know but I could not find another one with a metal cap and no plastic liner.

Im willing to pay that once so I can drink mostly estrogen free water for the rest of my life.

These bottles are pretty sturdy, they should last me quite a while.

>livestrong
KEK
that's not a valid source

>help me with drinking water a day

If you need help to perform the basic functions that sustain your life then you deserve to die.

Fuck you and your shitty thread.

>Livestrong

You silly goose user.

>KYS

Pretty sure xenoestrogenic plastics are pretty much illegal and no one uses them anymore

bro an average 150lb 5'9 joe would need 9 cups of water a day. Look up the measurement of a cup, it's only half one of those tall glasses.