In the media, why aren't men held to the same standards in media as women?

In the media, why aren't men held to the same standards in media as women?

Take a look at Superbad. We KNOW that a movie based on fat and a plain looking girls would never have been as successful as Superbad, even if it were just as funny.

I mean c'mon, there's clearly a double standard here. It's because we don't like how they look, because they don't look like the hyper perfect women we normally see in the media bros.

Bohoo ;(

jennifer lawrence gets roles and she's plain as shit

lmao fookin rekt

op on suicide watch

because fat ugly stupid guys are funny to laugh at. if there was a movie with fat ugly girls and people laughed at it, people would think it was hurtful and fat-shaming. No one cares about the feelings of fat stupid ugly guys.

yeah.. not like melissa mccarthy hasn't had any success or anything

total supermodel obviously

fuck off OP

well fuck bros! how am I supposed to answer my sociology homework, if my thread that was thinly disguised a way for you to do my homework for me didn't work?

>What about the contradictions between real boys/men and the way they are represented in the media? How are men portrayed in comparison to the men you know? What are the differences?

how am I supposed to fucking answer that?

What sort of retarded class are you taking

an elective, to obtain credits. In college to enter certain programs, you need to have a certain number of 'credits', which electives can give you

>What about the contradictions between real boys/men and the way they are represented in the media?
Men are presented as pussies on television. Durrr let me be a good little bitch to the woman in the household, and maybe just maybe she'll sleep with me and/or let me not sleep on the couch any longer. Men in real life are a wider range. There's definitely a bunch of pussy men out there still, but its a broader spectrum.

>How are men portrayed in comparison to the men you know? What are the differences?
covered it above. also do your own homework.

Just off the top of my head I remember "just another teen movie" was about an ugly weirdo girl who got bullied being into a prom queen and it was very successful

Op you sound like one of these loser mgtow reddit autists

Part of the reason why college is a scam this fem bs tgey shove down our throats these days is obnoxious.

Depends if your prof is man or woman, if its a tranny you're gonna fail the class when she offs herself in the middle of semester

Exactly this. Fat guys in general are put into things because they are ever the punch line, not something to look up to. When it was done with Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect, they got the joke and we were able to laugh along. No one watched King of Queens or Family Guy thinking that being fat was the ideal, it was forever the butt of a joke.

Because woman are meant to look and act like sex objects, and if you think otherwise and what really makes you feel connected to a female when talking to her isnt just her pussy then you are mistaken

MEANWHILE IN THE REAL WORLD

almost every movie in the past 40 years has had men having to go to the gym and take supplements for their roles. You are absolutely retarded if you think men arn't held to a higher standard than women . Superbad did well because it was a funny movie about losers

Have you seen Christian Bales transformation over the years?

>zack before (even then he was still expected to have some muscles)

>zack on his expectations for baywatch
men just have it easy right?

boy women are so oppressed in their body expectations

in a movie about superheros only the men are expected to train for multiple years to get the body

women? they just have to put down the fork :(((((, poor oppressed women

Men and women are different in more ways than just reproductive organs.

let me hammer this in

THIS is superman's body

THIS is wonder womans

>b-b-b-uh thats just one movie
show me ANY movie a woman had to do ANY training past fork put downs