MEME DIET GENERAL

> keto
> intermittent fasting
> paleo
> vegan
> blood type diet
> eating "clean"

Literally only fat people believe in any diet that isn't "eat fewer calories."

If someone online talks about this stuff you should just assume they are fat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XmXynDLkbXY
blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/
youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53550/
clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01967563
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My old college roommate did keto and lost 50 pounds. He didn't exercise or anything. The second he started eating normally again he gained it all back within a year. Huge rubber band diet.

>Literally only fat people believe in any diet that isn't "eat fewer calories."
Says the tard who doesn't understand micronutrients.

There you go.

Literally 0% of people who do keto stay lean unless they stay on it for life, then they die of hamburger poisoning anyway.

didn't know "eat fewer calories" meant "avoid a food group, particularly vegetables"

you autistic fuck.

here's your >you.

This. If you eat fewer calories it ends up being more vegetables just to make you feel full.

>eating clean is a meme

What the fuck

>nothing about calories he consumed
why do you think that anecdote means anything

You are literally saying that all diets mean JUST EAT LESS BRO XDDDD. Kill yourself you edgy fuck, I bet you just discovered Veeky Forums and now think you are hot shit for understanding what calories are. You are so cool man. So superior.

>IF
>a diet
what's next, maybe lowbar squat is a routine

u better not be talking shit about IF m8

>only fucking diet that allows you to consume big meals cutting and maintain enough of a reserve to allow for slight social binges and drinking

> making a lifestyle out of binge eating
> making it

pick one

>he doesn't know about insulin response
>he thinks eating clean is a meme

it's funny how transparent you calories-in-calories-out fags are. you're too stupid and ADD to learn about nutrition so you just desperately want to believe that it can all be summed up in a single equation.

exactly this
sounds to me that its only to have an excuse to have no discipline

IF just makes my deficit earlier, on top of not having to meal prep as crazy.

>eating normally again
And what was normally again retard? Fries, beer, ice cream...garbage that made him 50+lbs overweight to begin with.

The secret to keeping the weight off is maintaining your eating plan. No matter what "diet" you follow, if you abandon it to go back to ice cream and soda pop you will get fat again..

What do you mean eating normally? Like he went back to eating the same amount of calories he did before he lost the weight?

If so, no fucking shit. Not even a keto memester, but of course he'll gain weight if he goes back to consuming a large amount of calories.

However, if he kept track of cals and was eating at maintenance for his new weight there, shouldn't have been an issue, keto or no keto diet.

don't respond
the same contrarian sup-fags will write up exquisite load/deload programs based on literal meme science

this isn't the army retard
having variety will prevent you from seppukucide

it's this
dieting is a change to your lifestyle. a diet isn't temporary, it is a change you want to emulate.

what is a maintenance diet, Alex.

Gut microbes > diet

Just sayin.

>Go on keto
>Never hungry, never consume empty calories because there's nothing to snack on
>Get off keto
>Snack snack snack snack snack denunununu snack snack snack snack snack

I don't have the self control to only eat good carbs

>Gut microbes > diet
assplain yourself

>vegan
>meme

Literally the most healthy diet for a human. Humans are physiologically herbivores.

>Humans are physiologically herbivores

BOOMER!

>fat
>vegan
come on OP, try harder

well at least you're half right user

Most potato chips are vegan.

keto is the funniest of meme diets, especially, that the only diet that works for losing weight is eating less and for gaining weight you need to eat more.

Actually Keto isn't a meme kiddo. Stop repeating stuff to try and be cool on the internet. It's sad.

You're a fucking idiot. He's saying that eating fewer calories doesn't mean you miss out on micro-nutrients. You can still eat large portions of highly nutritious foods while maintaining a low calorie intake.

You're misinterpreting what he typed, and you're coming across as petty. Improve yourself, or forever be an autistic fuck.

Well yes, it's a medical condition. Easily treatable.

any reasonable person that does IF knows that it won't make you lose more weight, but it is easier to adhere to

This bitch doesn't look keto. Am going to take 14,000 calories in empty carbs daily for $500, Alex.

God I really fucking hate kids.

Epic troll. Well done chubby.

youtube.com/watch?v=XmXynDLkbXY

wake up sheeple

I'm not the guy you're >>ing but in the most simple explanation, gut flora is needed to break down food and help or bodies break down nutrients. Bad gut flora interrupts our digestion process and our body fails to break down all the nutrients and minerals in our food. Gut flora is responsible for some of our hormone regulation as well.

Honestly a good diet supports healthy gut flora. Eating a diet rich in probiotics and fermented foods and void of highly processed food and alcohol helps tremendously.

vegan propaganda get fucked

Intermittent fasting helps eat less no?

fries, bear, soda, a lot of candy are all vegan

list is missing
Cleanse/Detox drinks
30 day challenges

so what man. humans weren't meant to wear clothes but we do it anyway. meat tastes good, so i eat it.

>Literally 0% of people who do keto stay lean unless they stay on it for life

So what's wrong with that?

I dont know why, but that filename made me laugh out loud. Poor Penn.

>physiologically herbivores.

We've been eating meat for hundreds of thousands of years. We've found fire pits with animal bones in them in caves that go back that far.

>asserting things without evidence

mate just shut the fuck up, you cannot defend killing animals without justification.

veganism isnt a diet and even if it was just a diet then eating fruit veg nuts seeds legumes and grains is not a bad thing.

yeah the fact that we ate animals while migrating or in need then it became custom does not mean humans are not physiologically more adapted to plant food.
How can you honestly think >muh ancestors is an argument

>Veeky Forums

blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/

not that it matters really, its irrelevant.. but just proving history is not black and white.

>i have no way to point out that veganism is bad so il just call it a meme

>asserting things without evidence
>il post a meme which is unrelated to show im right
huehue i won

>what is a maintenance diet, Alex.
Keto isn't.

Bullshit, i lost 70 lbs with keto in 5 months (+750 caloreis per day) then got off it, I still haven't gained a single pound, I just educated myself on calories in calories out afterwards. It's not that hard. I'm 5"10 160 now used to be 230

See? That's not keto that made you lose weight but the calorie deficit. Diets are bullshit.

What about the same thing every day?
like a big mix of foods with optimal intake etc

I think you don't know how ket works...
Every diet that works operats with a caloric deficit. Keto changes your metabolism in fovour of fat metabolism. It helps to keep muscle and energy level while on a deficit.

it doesn't help you keep muscle, and every legitimate report I've seen from actually hard training lifters is that keto is awful for people who train. carbs are too important for recovery to leave out.

That's hilarious since it's the exact opposite of reality. People on keto lose a shit ton of water weight, then they lose muscle, and then at some point they may begin to lose fat. Keto is total disaster for body composition, regardless of whether a person is losing, gaining or maintaining weight.

And metabolic advantage is a fucking sham
youtube.com/watch?v=MiUyjMjuLl0

If anything, the metabolic advantage is with carbs because converting them to fat takes energy and most people experience an increase in energy expenditure on high carb diets because there is preference towards oxidizing carbs rather than storing them as fat, and carbs give you energy to be as active as possible. People on keto experience a decrease in energy and activity because they are in fucking ketosis and can no longer fuel any of the cells in their body as effectively as possible.

I did keto
It was pretty cash, it worked for me cause my lust for food completely died and I could just eat what I wanted (planned) to eat without feeling any desire for more food

Helped me break a plateau, stopped keto after 6 weeks and now I do a conventional defecit diet but it helped me get down below a certain weight I got stuck at as an ex obese.

The diets in themselves only work if they create a defecit true, but sometimes a bit of change can help someone who is struggling with a diet to pick up his diet again with new vigor cause you're trying something new and fresh and you're excited about seeing results again.
>tl;dr placebo
Who are you to judge you massive faggot?
>I agree on the vegan tho

Keto is sorta a meme, but it is true that carbs aren't filling (and are very tasty and easy to overindulge), whereas fat and fibre are filling. I go low carb on cuts and it's way, way easier than trying to cut on CRB. If believing keto is magic helps people lose weight, sure, why not. Another weapon in the war on fat, meme or not.

Fat has by far the lowest satiety of all macronutrients. Carbs have high satiety.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK53550/

>correct diet isn't necessary you just need stomach plants
>how do you get good stomach plants?
>derrrrp by using a good diet derrrrp

nice fucking post, idiot

keto is actually pretty good for losing weight. A keto cut is pretty good but sadly isn't sustainable. Tried to bulk on it but find that I don't have the energy compared to a normal bulk with carbs.

Your body takes time to adjust to being on keto. Your energy is only lessened during the transition phase while your body becomes accommodated to the shift in diet.

>bingeing and purging as a diet plan
>eating masses of pizza like a phony CHAD to make friends

People in ketosis are always outperformed by people on regular diets, let alone high-carb diets. This applies to both mental and physical performance.

Here's an idea for you: Rather than just fabricating things you wish were true, look at the actual science. Look at actual performance comparisons between people on keto and healthy people. Math tests, running, weight lifting, people in ketosis are fucking shit at everything. No shit they are since they are suffering from malnutrition and deliberately induced metabolic illness.

The points you raise are irrelevant to what I said, which isn't fabrication but truth. The fact you brush it away then rant about mythic performance tests of dubious quality in regards to something besides the point just tells me you aren't serious and are just baiting replies. Enjoy your day

Has nothing to do with what I wrote, nice red herring. I never mentioned fish intake

This

just like how smokers adapt to smoking and drinkers adapt to drinking, studies showing they're bad for you are a meme and don't allow enough time for tobacco and alcohol adaption

bear is meat cleversmartboy
shittonnes of peanutbutter like that vegan/schitzo turtle-kin tumblred about.

I'm not saying that it wasn't the calories that made me lose weight, I'm saying that user who said
>Literally 0% of people who do keto don't stay lean unless they stay on it for life

Is fucking wrong.

Incomparable as those are singular activities not an all encompassing diet

>chain smoking and chain drinking are not all encompassing
thanks for confirming your retardation

so now they're chain smokers and (lol) chain drinkers whereas before you merely said one could "adapt" to drinking and smoking? bouncing all over the place in order to try and find something to say is the mark of someone more interested in pretending to be right than someone interested in discussing things seriously

>pull a no true scotsman that the unhealthy stimulus (in this case smoking and drinking) must be "'all-encompassing" for adaptation to occur
>desperately project your sophistry onto me after getting called out on your bullshit that smoking and drinking can't be "all-encompassing"
don't grasp at those straws too hard now, retard. you're gonna hurt yourself.

All of these are just different strategies to trick you into eating at a caloric deficit while feeling "full".

I've done both keto and regular calorie counting. They are both equally effective for losing weight, although I'd have to say it was easier for me to stick to keto, i.e. less overall cravings.

Ketosis is a metabolic illness resulting from malnutrition. One of the known effects of ketosis is clinical anorexia, as is the case with many severe illnesses. So yes, in that sense keto is a great diet that works for weight loss, probably just as effective as injecting yourself with HIV or cancer.

but desu, all of them are tricks and methods to achieve the overall result of eating fewer calories.

>> eating "clean"
that one is not a meme

ok so I've been digging a while now.
Do you have access to the rest of his study or some more on this?
aside from clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01967563

Same goal, different paths

That would be true of your "eat fewer calories" diet though too, right? Or can you go back to eating a lot and stay lean?

>There you go.

It is when you're the sort of retard cunt who thinks eating clean involves substituting table sugar for 'raw' coconut sugar

Been doing IF by accident for my entire life. Always supet lean, even during a bulk.

Not a meme.

how did they find the B12 vitamin pills that vegans have to take to not die?

They had sex with mushrooms

this finally explains the shape of dicks

>>correct diet isn't necessary you just need stomach plants
Nobody but you said this retard

> tfw I am doing intermittent fasting 36/12 and slowly shift to lean gains.

It works. You Just need to love life.
> tfw I have good face aesthetics but am still fat.

> intermittent fasting
This actually has some concrete scientific basis, though, as fasting upregulates autophag, which is healthy for you.

*autophagy

>IF
Is it good or not? Should I ask an actual dietitian or just listen to you fucking retards?

It is lel
read the atkins diet plan
you're confusing "keto" with "induction"

funny because I lost weight on atkins while eating over 2000 calories

>autofaggotry
FTFY :^)

>that plateau
What went wrong?

human brains evolved due to increases in available protons from meat
>mfw vegans are no more advanced than australopithecus africanus

ayy lmao, your timing
I just posted the graph above you