I'm considering only showering once a week, does anyone have experience with infrequent showering/bathing?

I'm considering only showering once a week, does anyone have experience with infrequent showering/bathing?

While talking to my girlfriend last night she mentioned that she only showers once a week.

This surprised me as she actually smells very appealing to me without using deodorant or the like.

I asked her what she would think if I started showering weekly and she said she'd love it and likes the way I smell.

Seems like you'd need to still wash your ass and foreskin daily to maintain cleanliness, but is anything else really needed?

I went two months without showering in the mountains and felt great.

Fucking hippies

your feet wash them too!!! jesus O_o

lmao at your life. your gonna smell like shit, believe you me buddeh

I shower like probably once every two weeks . people seem fine and not disgusted around me as far as I can tell.

Gross

I'm in nursing school and between that and working full time I basically live in my car. No time for shower, I invented the nurse bath. Hand sanitizer the armpits and use that crystal rock deodorant. I smell good all the time. Just enough man stank but not so much ins offensive. Deodorant all smells bad, only use pure potassium alum blocks. Trim or shave but note the rock burns like fuck if you have the slightest cut.

>mfw greasy hippie couples magnify each others miasma of patchouli and BO

>girlfriend
>only showers once a week
Wowie if that ain't the nastiest shit I heard all week I don't know what is.

I shower with hot water after every workout. I use soap and shampoo once or twice a week.

You disgust me user.

Oy vey stinky goyim
You must shower twice a day and use endocrine disrupting soaps, shampoos, bodywash, deodorant sunblock, and colognes or you'll never find a gf

I think I smell fine showering every other day. If I get really worked up and can't skip a day that's fine too.

I think showering just slightly less than daily is good. And I don't wear anything like deodorant. I've never ever had anyone complain about BO and I mingle with very honest and forward people.

I think once a week is too little especially if you have foreskin. I got a yeast infection when I was younger because I didn't shower for a week. Fuck going to walmart to buy vagisil for my reeking foreskin.

>hot showers
>making it

I bet you do Weighted dips too

i smell like shit after like 2 days of not showering and feel horrible

i would hate if my gf didnt shower every day

i dont use shampoo or shower gel or anything though, just hot water, you still need to wash once a day or two

>I'm considering only showering once a week, does anyone have experience with infrequent showering/bathing?
Yes, I know a bunch of people who evidently shower very infrequently and it's fucking disgusting and you should be ashamed.

Just shower every morning, why do you need to discuss this? I can understand that you may have problems with your hair, so you can leave that part out every second day or something, but I would feel disgusting if I couldn't soap my balls, ass and armpits every day at least. Same applies for women really.

your girlfriends pussy must be fucking disgusting

do you not realise how vile those things are if not cleaned regularly

>no homo

>as far as I can tell.

ITT: /r9k/ habits

>implying Veeky Forums and /r9k/ aren't the same boards

do it man. you won't be sorry. i shower only on workout days--3 times each week, wash hair with shampoo only once a month. dandruff gone, and showering only a few times a week is great for your skin. you think you smell funky at first but that's all cultural. remember how yummy your gf smells? you'll be smelling that good to her in no time. there are important pheromones in your sweat and natural odor. trust me when you guys get busy you'll really appreciate what those do.

this is retarded. here's what you do instead:

>shower every night before bed
>lukewarm water to not dry out skin and hair
>gentle soap for armpits, junk, and feet
>do no shampoo if your body adjusts
>face cleanser
>finish with cold to drop body temperature and get ready to sleep
>deoderant before bed so it soaks into skin for next day

there. now your showers take 2 minutes and you dont smell like a goddamn hippie

You dimwit stink of shit and piss, people are just trying to be polite and considerate and thats why "you cant tell" if they mind or not. Just hit the showers, you stink more than you think.

>morning
>not before bed

I bet your bed is fucking filthy, you sick filthy fuck.

i lost my sense of smell through a mountain bike head trauma accident a couple of years back

since then i've been ocd paranoid about smelling bad

so I shower twice a day normally
i know this isn't normal

but conversely, my flatmate showers once a week, and apparently is absolutely fucking disgusting and had people tell me that behind his back

normal people shower once a day

> the choice is yours

>that guy who becomes a loser hippie because of his gf who ends up cheating on him anyways
Don't become that guy dude.

>projecting this hard

Lel, nothing funnier than a stink bug other than an angry stink bug

once every two days is OK. more than that is pretty unacceptable for a guy

if you live in a hot climate, you must shower every day

just shower with water only if you're afraid of soaps, shampoos, etc.

>>do no shampoo if your body adjusts
dafuq?

Do you live in Louisiana or South Carolina by chance? By far the most disgusting smelling/looking people I've encountered of the states I have visited.

using shampoo is not natural, it strips oil off your skin and hair, drying it out, causing dandruff and dry skin, also your hair overproduces oil to make up for the loss of oil, which is why your hair maybe gets greasy, water alone is sufficient to clean yourself, and after a while your body goes back to the way it should be, no dry skin and no dandruff, no greasy hair

been doing it for a few years now, just shower every day with warm water, nothing else

I realize this is probably tongue in cheek as fuck. But for fucks sake, having sex at ANY point makes a shower necessary.

>inb4 implying sex
fapping counts too, you fucking degenerates

shirley you guys can't be serious. All you fuckers are the ones who smell like shit in the gym. Take a fucking shower with antibacterial soap you smelly mongoloids

mate I think you misunderstood her, a human being that is wella-aware of his body could propably not go 3+ days without a proper shower

Im prone to believe she meant her hair only, people with long hair tend to wash it less often but still shower the rest of their bodies

women aren't supposed to clean their vaginas, you fuckwit. they clean themselves. they can rinse down there but using soap can give them really bad problems

arent they supposed to just rinse it with water?

keeked my shit out

yea well thats what i meant you fuckwit, didnt mention shoving half a bottle of soap up there, but it still needs cleaned with water or it smells like piss and bodily fluids

rinsing won't actually do all that much because, again, the vagina cleans itself. so whether they're 'supposed' to rinse is up to them
but "cleaning" is definitely bad

I want to PSA everybody in this thread. I know you're thinking to yourself "hey, this showering shit is inconvenient and I can just get by without it for short periods. I don't even start to smell for days" I live on an island that go hit by some bad storms a few months back and the result was that most neighborhoods lost running water. For a good week I didn't have water at my house and I thought hey...no big, no shower needed untill I stink, I'll be fine. So after about a week we got water back but only on certain days so I said fuck it I'll only shower once a week. It'll be fine. about a month later I got an email from my schools student conduct office and an awkward visit where I was told I stank. Nose blindness is very real, and you stink more than you think. As far as the "people don't seem to notice" thing most people are straight up anti confrontational. It's annoying as hell and even a close friend didn't tell me I stank because he just thought I was, and I quote, "One of those guys who smelled a bit after a workout" I guess he didn't get too close during the day or he didn't want to bring it up. Shower guys, you smell, it's easy, it takes 5 min.

>tfw smelly and I know it
>people open up windows when I'm in the room
>tfw I will never have a smelly gf that doesn't care about how smelly I am

you're livin my dream op

my dream is becoming a filthy nigger with bad hygyene habits

make ur dream come through bro

I moved back home recently and the shower is broke so I can only have baths. Been having hot ones instead. Cold baths aren't the same as cold showers ;(

m8 even if they just stand in the shower for a while enough water will get there to get rid of anything their body missed
actively trying to rinse it out won't accomplish anything extra unless she never bathes

this. shower every other day at the very least, and definitely on days you exercise

woops I missed the meme arrows

>my dream is becoming a filthy nigger with bad hygyene habits

there

No no. I'm already a filthy nigger with bad hygeine habits. My dream is to have a filthy bitch that doesn't care about the fact that I'm a filthy nigger with bad hygeine habits.

People can tell, bud

What a bunch of freaks ITT lmao

You're like that weird uncle everyone has who swears by his stupid rituals like "I rub a brick of pure alum on me, deodorant is bad for you!" and yet you still smell like shit.

It's crazy. Don't you go to college or have a job? Not one attractive guy in class smells of his own unwashed musk. Not one customer service rep smells of his own unwashed musk.

The delusion is just crazy ITT.

I hope you do understand that the mannerism is "make your dreams come TRUE"

I do not recommend infrequent showering.

If I leave my sweaty body without soap for a day or two, I find that topical skin infections happen pretty rapidly. And once they start to damage the skin, it is difficult to stop it from spreading and injuring deeper skin tissue, which takes a while to heal and is difficult to keep clean throughout the day.

The areas affected are my face, behind the ears, foreskin, places where there is lots of hair to trap oils such as beard, scalp, eyebrows and chest. Thick hairlines, especially around ears and behind neck.

Depending on where you live and what you eat, your body expels gross toxins all day...Imagine caked on earwax clogging up your pores. Your skin is like a sponge and will absorb those toxins if they are not removed.

If you don't believe you're gross, next time you wake up, stick your finger in your ear and then smell it. That crap is being wiped all over your pillow and anything else it touches. Try to rinse it with water and it will remain. Thats just your ears...

Please do the world and yourself a favor, shower with soap every other day or so.

>what happens when you dont clean your skin properly

If you let it get worse than this (which I did, like a moron) you have to get perscribed soap and lotion, since regular soap will strip away the scar tissue leading to deeper infection.

I now shower regularly and moisturize when I need to, not surprisingly, I dont have to worry about this problem anymore.

Pheromones my dude, it works gud

If you lift though you should probably rinse with water so you don't get lots of clogged pores and ingrown hairs and shit

>make your skin permeable and moist while bacteria is on it

sounds legit

Makes more sense to me tho.

>change sheets weekly
>shower after bed to wash off sleep stuff

The body gets used to the amount you shower, which for most is daily or every other day, meaning your skin is washed of all its natural oils in that time. To accomodate, your skin produces more oil to replace what is lost. It will take time to readjust to less showering, and you will probably be oily and smell bad for at least a week or two until your body can readjust at which point you will probably be fine. Though some are naturally more or less oily and dirty, and with lifting/exercising you may have to shower more often regardless

is this true and what about the sweaty smell?

i was my hair once a week

There's a girl at my work who spouts this shit and SHE SMELLS LIKE LITERAL FECES REEEEE HER CUBICLE IS RIGHT NEXT TO MINE AND THE SHIT PARTICLES ORBIT HER ALL DAY AND SHE FUCKING BRAGS ABOUT >MUH HAIR MUH SKIN SO GOOD BECAUSE I DONT SHOWER I AM MAD AS HELL TAKE A SHOWER YOU STINKY FAGGOTS.

cant u just get one of them anti-dandruff shampus?

based user
you only really need to soap your pits caahtch and feet (esp between toes). shaving with the grain on your pits and junk is piss easy, only have to do it once a week and makes it a lot easier to clean

Noone said you have to go get a perm with your mom you fucking retard.

Soap is essential for surgery, it's essential when dealing with food contaminants (ie washing your dishes). It is essential for first aid.
Soap was marketed and sold as an important daily necessity by marketers. Why does soap foam? Does foaming clean any better? No, it doesn't. Foam creates a reward, reward creates habit, habit builds long term behaviour, long term behaviour builds reliable consumers. Easy.
It's helpful to use soap on occasion, but hot water and scrubbing with your hands is plenty to prevent yourself from smelling bad.