Power Rack & Home Gyms

Hey Veeky Forums,

I want to do barbell stuff at home. I want a bench, a power rack, and a barbell and some weights.

I think this should be ideal. This power rack even has a bar for chinups and such.

Is this good enough? Any advice or experience with home gyms? Anything I should know?

If I get it delivered to my apartment, is this going to be one heavy ass package that I won't be able to carry without a team?

I'm in Switzerland.

ITT: home gyms.

If you know of a smaller rack, tell me. I have a small apartment. I'd rather the thing doesn't take too much space. Enough to squat in.

Guys, I know it's retarded, but I'm having issues just ordering the damn thing. Been lifting for a while now, with DB's, but I'm still a dyel.

It's like I don't dare to order a barbell and all that shit. Wat do.

just go to the gym ?

where do you live?

Don't order it if you are above anyone in an apartment.

I cringe when I see people turn their carpeted bedrooms, or living rooms into gyms and not their garage.

It costs over 1500 a year here. And I don't like working out in public, nor losing time going there and back.

Switzerland, Vaud.

I won't drop the weights, that's for pussies.

I have one big room, so no choice. No garage that I could use to lift in.

l o l terrible advice, even without the drive and sharing of space/equipment its cheaper to just buy the stuff in long term. Long term being a year or 2.

For sake of space and apartment living ... invest in a set of squat racks. 1/3 the cost, easy to hide when not on use, and easier to move. When you get more room invest in full rack.

Interesting. I'll look into it.

Like this?

The bottom arms are for security, right?

My mistake. Squat stands. This is set I have.

Place a plate on each to anchor to ground while lifting. Stack them on top of each other when putting them away. The only real draw backs are adjusting the rack if your workout partner is not the same height and there are no safety pins/bars like on a full rack.

Something like this is all you need. I have a rack like that, a bench and 250kg of weights in my basement it's great

>SFr.
And I thought I was the only swissfag on Veeky Forums.

Vo wo bisch?

I'm sorry, I speak French... I live in Vaud... I know it's not best Switzerland, I have learned the truth.

No. Aesthetics only.

I don't believe you, you fucking fagget.

Was about to insult you but
>I know it's not best Switzerland, I have learned the truth.
At least you know your place.

The rack looks good but as people mentioned something like
Would probably be the better choice for you until you have enough space for an actual rack in a garage or cellar. I know we here in central suisse have these nuclear bunkers in most housings that were build before the 1990. Perfect to put a rack there.

>no bench pressing safety pins
>no pullup bar

I think I'd rather take this:

I'll lose some space but it's worth it.

They are pretty 'sthetic

Thanks bro, I think it's what I'll get.

>Was about to insult you but

I know. I would have understood. A friend told me about your part of the country, and I felt like I was a French shit hole compared to it.

I also always vote like you guys do, which is the opposite of how my part votes.

>At least you know your place.

I know indeed. You're lucky. You were born in the good part.

I'm probably going to get

That was my own post, too.