Reading "beginner" workout routine

>reading "beginner" workout routine
>it says ANYONE can do this
>day 1
>it includes push-ups
But I can't push my own body weight. I can't even hold myself up in that position. I cannot do a push-up. I cannot do it on my knees, I cannot do it on a chair, I cannot do it anywhere.
Last time I had access to bench press equipment, I could only push like 40 pounds. I have trouble pushing certain kinds of doors unless I lean on them.
Why do "beginner" workouts include things that obviously some people cannot do? Day 1 should mean day 1.
Am I seriously supposed to just lie on the ground pushing and pushing and pushing but never moving up? Will that make me stronger?
If I get to be able to push more weight than before, but still nowhere near my body weight, how will I know the difference?

then replace it with dumbell bench you fat piece of shit

Don't worry OP, I was right there with you a couple years ago. Except I could do girl pushups.

Try incline push ups. Try it against a wall first and tilt yourself forward a little bit, then push out against the wall. Go on from there.

How are you holding your arms btw? Wide arm?

I'm not sure, since I start on the floor.
Arms parallel, fingers forward?

>the average animeposter

LMAO!

how weak can one man be?

im not suprised an animeposting faggot cant do a single pushup

Same as this user, couldn't do a single pushup but I was able to crank out about 15 reps doing girl pushups (on my knees). Just kept doing that until I was able to do 10 full pushups, then slowly moved up to 20, then I decided to start lifting.

Take this advice and do incline pushups, or just start benching with really light dumbbells and slowly increase the weight, everyone starts somewhere, just be grateful that all your limbs are intact. Good luck.

>Fat piece of shit
>only benching 40

I think OP is rather skeleton on the low end

I have the opposite problem.

Calisthenics, or any exercises without weights, generally leads me to doing over 15 reps, which isn't ideal considering I want to do lower reps for reasons. I'm 55kg or 122 @ 6'0. This includes sit ups, pull ups, dips, chin ups, etc. The exception is planking, but what the fuck else am I going to do on core day?

IMO calisthenics are overrated "am I ascetic monk yet" shit, do weighted exercises for everything, even dips.

Pic only posted because relevant.

Eat shit, nothing wrong with starting that low for bench press.

Almost cracked it at one couple who were bench pressing 25-30kg... Completely wrong, like barely 10cm of movement. You'd rather lift less and get a full rep.

Were your arms directly below your shoulders? Or were they out past your shoulders? Out past your shoulders is wide-arm and is usually easier.

Also another suggestions, ditch the each day workout routine requirements and do what this guy's saying Try to improve yourself doing more reps and moving onto harder exercises.

seriously. can you picture what it looks like in real life when it saves images like this? truly awful

Beginner workouts are for beginners.

Whatever sorry state you are in, OP, you are clearly not a beginner. You are a patient.

I assumed arms directly below is the correct way from watching videos so I tried that first, but I also tried wide-arm and it wasn't any better.

It is the correct position.

Try inclines with wide arms, then with the correct arm positions, then move your way down to prone. You'll get there eventually.

Is physical education illegal in your country? During every school year we had some form of push up exercise in PE class. I've been able to do push ups since before I could ride a bike.

Pretty much this
Deal with it and work your way up OP

In my school we never did push ups, maybe once when the teacher was bored. Average teen nowadays can't do 1 push up.

>generally leads me to doing over 15 reps
So you can do 3x15+ of the later exercises? I somehow doubt that. Also, you're either lying about your height and/or weight or you're a prepubescent skeleton with 0% bf and barely any muscle.

LOOK AT ME
LOOK AT MY RATTLING BONES
I CAN BENCH 40 KILOS FOR REPS
YOU CAN DO IT OP
YOU JUST ARENT TRYING HARD ENOUGH
EAT LESS
EAT HEALTHY

EAT MORE* DONT EAT LESS
ALSO post pics, i need to know what im working with here

High test, low body fat skeletor.

Sorry what are the latter exercises? Aren't we talking about pushups? Yes, I can do about 20 pushups, you mad? Considering how much I weighted dip, I bet I can easily do more than 10 from my body weight. I'm not all that keen on using the chain.

Not my point.

Calisthenics are shit, if you're too thin it's not enough. If you're too fat it's too much. Fucking mesomorph privilege.

And why are you using a keyboard with a broken caps lock?

How can a low end skelly not hold his bodyweight up?
Like how little physical activity would you have to do to be 10% bf and not be able to get in a push up position?
You'd be fucking dead.

Where the fuck is this average?
Most girls at my school could do at least one push-up, and the guys were meant to do sets of 10-20.
WHERE IS THIS LAND OF NO GAINS?

Kneeling pushups

How many pull-ups could they do?

Well I'm sorry I've never been in a situation where I specifically needed to move a weighted metal bar up and down multiple times. The set of muscles used in push-ups isn't very relevant to my day-to-day life.

You suck at reading.
>I cannot do it on my knees, I cannot do it on a chair, I cannot do it anywhere.
>I CANNOT DO IT ON MY KNEES

>I cannot do a push-up. I cannot do it on my knees, I cannot do it on a chair, I cannot do it anywhere.

dr. Seuss pls go

>I cannot do it on my knees, I cannot do it on a chair, I cannot do it anywhere

fuck you beat me to it

My fucking sides.

Never did pull ups in PE. I could only manage 2 because skinnyfat.
It's got nothing to do with bench pressing. Doing pretty much anything active during your life (picking up groceries, walking up hills, holding onto poles on buses so you don't fall over, swimming, just generally moving about) should AT LEAST prepare you to get into that basic position. The fact you can't means that (if you're skelly) you're not eating nearly enough, your posture is dogshit and your core is dangerously weak.

You have genuinely concerning issues and probably shouldn't be straining your body until you fix your posture and become healthier.

as a former skeleton
why dont you just bulk up instead of whining like a little bitch

wall pushups
progress to incline pushups (chair
progress to normal pushups

seussmind

?
calithenics is fine i just do a lot of cardio.
I box and its pretty fun to see your opponent too tired to pick his hands up and you still jumping around him.
Is there anyway to do a lot of cardio and still have muscle?
keep in mind im 6'3 and this is my father

>Is there anyway to do a lot of cardio and still have muscle?
yes, just eat more

'Murica

i cant afford more then this 3 times a day

get a job then

Why are you eating next to naked people ?

>I'm 55kg or 122 @ 6'0

Are you from Africa?

in a week

put that cardio to use then and rob people

functional cardio

literally not possible. I can understand if you couldnt do a normal push up. But with knees its literally not possible to not do one. Are you a zombie or smth lmao

Starting buying more beans if you're poor

If you can do a full pull up or push up stay on your knees and work on the negatives (using as much force to stay in a neutral position, stopping yourself from going down)

I'm actually trying to defend OP, calisthenics, especially push ups, are shitty.

Always do weighted exercises, also prefer bench press to push ups, and there's no shame in starting with the bar especially with incline or decline. Goddamn kids who have to add weights, just lift less and do full reps.

Lastly, I've been bulking forever, I'm the bottomless pit type. Simply eat more doesn't work, I shit out what my body doesn't use.

Im curious op please tell me, how did you get to this point?

Did you never ever do anything in your life?

Are you a extreme neet?

How did this happen?

Not trying to be mean just curious.

>picking up groceries, walking up hills, holding onto poles on buses so you don't fall over, swimming, just generally moving about
I do all those things constantly, except swimming, but last time I swam was also the time I could barely bench press an empty bar. I just don't do much pushing.