Is a 3 day split a meme?

Is a 3 day split a meme?
Unless you go to the gym 5-6 times a week, the frequency that you train a muscle group is too low IMO. What do you guys think?

works fine for me

I started doing 5x5 3 days a week, full-body and saw more progress than ss or the brosplit

Anything not full body with sport specific movements is a meme

How many times a week you workout?

I'm sure your three months experience pushing around dumbbells at the gym is enough to form a valid opinion on the subject.

3 - monday, wednesday and friday with full body workouts

i do compound exercises mainly and i've been seeing some nice results, been working out for 4 months now

Is this a good full body workout?:
Squat/deadlift (alternating between them with each workout)
Bench press/inclined bench press
Rows/pulley pull downs
Barbell push press/lateral raises
Curls
Skull crushers
Abs/lower back

I feel the same way, but I feel like you can get away with a 3 day split if you include a full-body warm-up.

I have one client do a full-body circuit for muscular endurance so that every muscle group gets stimulated on a regular basis, then we hit the muscle group of the day with the heavier weights and more volume.

Yes, once a week is to low in my opinion. It doesn't take more than 3 days for a muscle group to recover. Why wait double that time?

yea

>Is a 3 day split a meme?Unless you go to the gym 5-6 times a week, the frequency that you train a muscle group is too low IMO. What do you guys think?

You are correct. A 3 day split, run once a week, is mainly just for maintenance. To actually make gains on such a program requires running it twice a week.

5x5 3 times a week is amazing, doesn't really matter what program you pick as long as you follow through with it and ensure you're getting all the rest and food you need, just make sure the program is based mainly on compound exercises.

if you're going to the gym 3 times a week doing isolation exercises, then yes, it's a meme.

You forgot calves lol

Could you give an example of a solid 5x5?

Replace skullcrushers and curls with dips and chins desu.

SL

Also I'd say for squats and deadlifts, for whichever you don't do do a variant of it. IE, you did deadlifts so do front squats or box squats. You did squats so do halting deadlifts or block pulls.

Reg Park 5X5 is awesome.

is ICF 5x5 any good or is it just a meme?

>Unless you go to the gym 5-6 times a week
But I do.

For a beginner, no benefit in doing 100s of assistance exercises.

Post body. I'm not mocking you, just wanna see the results because I wanna try it out

Thicc Pajeet for your effort

I've heard some good things about ICF though. It still has all of your major compound lifts, and it isn't as if the accessory exercises are literally doing nothing, surely.

I looked at the strong lifts 5x5. It looks interesting but I don't think you can develop big arms/six pack just from the complex exercises. Am I wrong?

3 day splits are for natty lifters

Mon - Push
Tue - Pull
Wed - Legs and abs
Thu - Push
Fri - Pull
Sat - Legs and abs
Sun - rest.

make sure you are getting your major compound lifts in there, you can throw in some isolations if you want, but this routine and split with compound movements will bring those natty strength gains. given you obviously know how to train properly and diet.

BTW i ment great for natty lifters, not JUST for natty lifters, my bad. i folowed this routine varying the exercises every now and then for dat muscle confusion ad i make great strength gainzs.

I do heavy oldschool DC training and I'm making more gains now than ever. It's recommended for experienced bodybuilders though because doing everything as heavy as possible kinda kills you

>training your whole body 3 times per week
>training each muscle group once a week

which is the split with low frequency again

Yeah fuck you OP

How retarded is this?

A
2X5 Squat
2X5 Deadlift
2XF Ab-roll out
2X15Cable twists
2X15Calf raise
2X10 Ham Curl

B
2X5 Bench
2X5 OHP
2X5 Row
2X10 W.Pull-up
2X15 Lateral raise
2X10 BB Curl
2X15 Forearm Curl

ABABABx

very

Doable if you're on roids.

>shoulderpressing 20 lbs
>sweating all over the place
>doesn't use a towel
I'm triggered

Yeah, I tried doing a 3 day split routine a few months ago.
I put in a shit ton of volume but I still didn't progress because my form deteriorated after 7 days of not squatting/benching/DL.

not him but another user, I have been doing 3 day a week fullbody workouts for 8 years because of sports, and it's the only way I know how to train. Currently have a 365 bench, 425 squat, and 485 DL.

PPL - hit each muscle group 2 times a week
Fullbody 3 day - hit each muscle group 3 times a week

So then I'll ask some opinions here. Currently I'm doing
Monday - shoulders, chest, and Triceps
Wednesday - legs
Friday - back, biceps, and forearms

How could this be improved? I enjoy the 3 days a week and on the off days I do some cardio.

Full body isn't a split you dumbass. 3 day split means something like PPL.

>squat before DL
>ab work before anything
>30 reps of lateral raise
>sets/reps on everything

whole thing is fucked up tbt

Since we're talking about split, I've been on a four day split for a while now, but I wanna try something new. Is the brosplit effective ? What do you guys think of it ?

That's not three days bro. That's six.

He's specifically asking if hitting a group only once a week due to a split is too low, i.e. a 3-day split of MWF.

Did you not read the thread at all? No, it's not, because you are only hitting any particular group once a week.

Tempted to try this. So this, along with the variation suggestion that said, and doing some cardio on the in between days, that would set up to be a pretty decent routine? Also considering making curls Zottman curls.

mirin stats

Rate this 3 day split pls
A:
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Weighted Pullup 3x5
Reverse Curl 3x6-10
Facepull 3x8-12
Seated Calf Raises3x10-20

B:
Deadlift 1x3, 1x3@90%, 1x3@80%
OHP 3x5
Barbell Row 3x5
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension 3x6-10
Preacher Curl 3x8-12
Seated Calf Raises 3x10-20

It works fine for me. I end up working out 5 times a week most of the time. I go hard enough to need a couple of days of recovery; 3-ish is what it takes a muscle group to fully recover after a hard workout unless you're on steroids.

Just do a full-body 3x a week.

Splits are fucking garbage, and every beginner uses one, wondering why they aren't making progress

3 day split twice a week

I've done some searching but I cannot for the life of me find any routine that isn't for a beginner

Do these full body routines for nonbeginners actually exist, name a few examples?

add dips or overhead rope extensions, lateral raises

ps it's shit

Madcow, Texas Method

Is adding a fourth workout for arms abs and calves to the SL 5x5 a good idea?