How much of the legend of Milo Of Croton do you think is possible?

How much of the legend of Milo Of Croton do you think is possible?

Obviously its unlikely this stuff is true, but do you think it might be possible for someone else to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/get-stronger-today-with-lessons-from-old-time-strongmen
youtube.com/watch?v=nObE-prJcWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes. Also look up Joe Greenstein, capable of pulling planes by hair, biting metal spikes in half, bursting out of chains at will, and once stopped a bullet with his skull. All documented in newspapers, read "The Mighty Atom". Pierre Gasnier achieved this too.

Johnny Holtum could block cannonballs with hands - first time he did he lost three fingers but held onto it. Alex Zass, fighter for Russian army, got captured by Austrians, locked up in prison. Escaped by bending the bars and breaking open the doors.

Many of the strongmen who performed the most powerful feats went to and beyond the limits of human willpower and ability.

breakingmuscle.com/strength-conditioning/get-stronger-today-with-lessons-from-old-time-strongmen

If you really apply yourself mentally, you will do things that seem superhuman to others. Doesn't even have to be strengthwise. Read a scientific report on this Jewish holocaust survivor. His family and friends all died but he survived through willpower, blocking out the pain and suffering with his mind. Later in life he used this to become a performer who would stick himself with needles, etc. to prove his "ability". There are monks who can control their body temperature and a yogi who could control his cardiovascular system at will. It's entirely possible that historical figures like Hercules and Samson were also humans who were capable of achieving such feats to secure their immortality in our canon. So to answer your question, Milo could well have done those things. The only thing that seems dubious is maybe the thing with the temple veins, everything else is possible.

There are 7 billion human bodies on the planet, yet so few humans who know how to use them

bamp

>Killed, Roasted and ate a 4 year old bull in one day

The cooking time alone proves this is just another Greek meme

20lb of meat and bread literally stealing my gains fuck off Milo

Not if you're Milo, senpai

>he doesnt know meat cooks faster if you cut it thin
>he doesnt butcher his bull into 185 pounds of 1-inch cubes
>he doesnt eat his meat rare for creatine gainz
Not gonna make it

Are you really that naive?

I hope you're young.

It's naive to think that resistance training will yield an increased ability to perform physical tasks...? This idea is kind of the point of any physical exercise, you do realise

If you have the support and the power of your nakama everything is possible.

Sure, but a bunch of that Ye Olde Tyme Strongmen stuff is 1) made up (Paul Anderson's mythical 1200 lb squat) 2) not actually all that impressive (pulling airplanes, tearing decks of cards) or 3) completely unquantifiable (Sandow once bent some iron bars that a cheeky blacksmith had tempered and everybody who was there was really impressed!). When you look at actual quantifiable shit, there's no reason to believe that the old timers were stronger than today's competitive lifters and strongmen, or even equally impressive.

Truly, how amazing that they accomplished all of this and nobody has ever verified it. Or that anybody in the modern world, with millions of dollars and eternal fame on the line, could replicate these feats.

I never would've guessed an effeminate sounding name like Milo would have such a story behind it

Some of it sounds exaggerated but there have been incidents in history of a couple people eating ridiculous amounts of food.

>Or that anybody in the modern world, with millions of dollars and eternal fame on the line, could replicate these feats.
Quite a lot of them have been replicated, lots of times. Apollon's axle, the Inch dumbbell (which Thomas Inch cheated on back in the day, incidentally), the Dinnie stones, and of course the actual measured lifts that guys put up back in the day like Hermann Goerner's 793 deadlift. The thing is, of course, they're not that impressive--I mean, the guys who can do that stuff are undoubtedly very strong, and I'm not saying you could pull a random guy out of your local 24 Hour Fitness and expect him to put the Inch dumbbell overhead, but everyone in the World's Strongest Man finals can do it for reps. There were some strong guys back in the day, but all the available evidence suggests that we have stronger guys and more of them today.

Not naive just fucking retarded, check.

Well if you take out the guys on life ending amounts of gear and are doing it in suits with belts and straps...
There really aren't that many who could pull those off.

I mean a raw natural no belts wraps straps nothing doing this shit?

I mean, if you think everyone stronger than you is on steroids, sure, you'll never be convinced. But:
>a good half of the guys who have lifted the Inch dumbbell replicas are skinny gripfags who work in IT
>same with the Dinnie stones
>John Davis put Apollon's axle overhead after video but before steroids, and there are lots of guys who don't look particularly joocy and get regular drug tests who have better lifts than he did
>tested, non-joocy-looking guys pull 800 in meets, therefore no straps, with reasonable frequency
>they had belts, wraps, and straps back then too, you know

The examples I listed have all been verified, a lot replicated. You have newspaper stories, journos, scientists, skeptics, etc. You guys think that you invented skepticism? 90% of the strongmen feats you've heard about had a half dozen dyel audience members attempt them first, then after, then by journos and other lifters. You just don't see them that often these days because ye olde strongmen/"circus freak" type entertainers aren't popular anymore. Millions of dollars on the line? Eternal fame? Pull the other one, it's simpler, safer and more financially viable to train for a 500 kg deadlift at some powerlifting show than pulling a plane or breaking steel bars, but that doesn't mean the latter can't be done.

youtube.com/watch?v=nObE-prJcWI

Could you do this? If you trained for it, sure. If Eddie Hall and Thor trained for it, yeah. But they won't, which is why you have to root around in youtube for mr. pajeet's demo. I bet if I told you about some old timey strongman lifting a 650 kilo log and walking with it for 4 steps you'd call BS, but an (admittedly roiding) powerlifter did it last year. Is it impossible?

>it's simpler, safer and more financially viable to train for a 500 kg deadlift at some powerlifting show than pulling a plane or breaking steel bars, but that doesn't mean the latter can't be done.
I'm not saying they can't be done. Quite the opposite--I'm saying that a bunch of these things are not that hard. Not, again, that your average Veeky Forumsizen could do them, but the state USAPL meet or amateur strongman show is going to have half a dozen guys who can replicate them, or could if they could be bothered. (Or, as with the needles and the monks and Wim Hof and so on, they're not really about the production of force against an external resistance and so not terribly relevant to whether Milo actually did all that shit.).

Now Paul Anderson's 1200 squat, yeah, I'm calling bullshit.

And to add on to this, the relevant question here is how we should treat the stories about Milo.

Are they like stories about Sigmund Klein bending nails, which is routinely done by the only people who bother to try?

Or are they like stories about Paul Anderson's 1200-pound squat? (I tend to think the original Viking log carry is also probably in this category, given the great remove at which we have the story of the first guy to do it.).

Or are they like the story about how Sandow bent the iron bars that the cheeky blacksmith had tempered--everyone who was there swears up and down that it was amazing, greatest feat of strength they ever saw, but there's absolutely no way to tell exactly how much force Sandow wouldn't have been exerting since we don't know the specs of the bars? In this case, I think we ought to be skeptical that the strength on display is much beyond what good strength athletes can do today--that the bars were really so hard to bend that, oh yes, there were giants in those days, when I was a lad, etc. etc. etc.

I contend that the stories about Milo mostly fall into the third category, with a dash of the second. We can't really tell what the record actually claims Milo did, and to the extent that we can it sounds like bullshit.

4scoops of golden apple whey to leave humanity

>20 lb of meat

GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG
COME OOOOON

They claim he ate a 1000-3000lb cow in a single day and you comment on the 20 lbs per day?

We are talking 500lbs of meat at a very generous minimum.

Also in those images he's being eaten by a lion, not wolves.