Supplements

What supplements do you use, Veeky Forums?

I was thinking of getting this, just out of convenience, wanna start having a shake pre workout, always get tired halfway through, and some protons would be helpful.
I'm 6 months in. My diet is good so I dont think I need zma or vitamin supps

What flavour should I get? Isn't unflavour the best since you can just add shit to give it the flavour you want?

I think vanilla is the best because it mixes well with just about anything and if you're in a pinch you can just mix it with water and it will taste okay.

You are now aware that myprotein routinely shills on fit.

Whey, as you say, for convenience.
I wouldn't have it preworkout though. You probably just need some sugar and more water.
Have a piece of fruit before workout.
I find having a whey shake in me before lifting can make it hard to perform properly on deadlifts and squats as it feels like I'm gonna be sick when I'm moving max weight.
Get unflavoured if you can be bothered adding other stuff to make it taste nice. Otherwise just pick a flavour you will like for ultimate convenience.

I would take ZMA, a good diet probably won't give you enough zinc.

Creatine is worth taking. Gives a small boost to performance that will add up over the long term.

Glucosamine sulphate is also a good option. Helps keep joints healthy.

whatever you do, don't buy chocolate-mint.
>tfw still 3 of 5kg left

>Glucosamine
Is shit. Take fish oil.

ZMA looks like a meme, whats your experience with it?

Whey, creatine, fish oil

that makes sense, I read unflavoured whey is bitter. true?

I usually eat a banana, around 120g. Shoudl I get something more "fruity" like a peach and maybe some dried fruit?
Are preworkouts like pic related a ripoff?
Damn I was thinking about getting creatine, shieet. so that would be before workout though?

I disagree.
Glucosamine did wonders for my joints, fish oil did nothing.

Whatevs tho.

Better sleep.
Possible placebo.
Worth the cheap price either way.

whey

beta alinine

fish oil

test-e

Another user chiming in. Have taken both fish oil 600 mg/day and glucosamine HCl 1g/day.
I can say that comparing those 2, glucosamine>fish oil, better price and performance.

Do you drink water during workout? Maybe thats why you're getting tired.
A single banana should be fine for energy during a workout unless you're doing a long cardio session.

Pre workouts are good for energy if you find it hard to get hyped for workouts. Ideally don't rely on them to get your through the workout every time tho.

Creatine can be taken any time. It doesn't have a short term effect. So just take ~5g daily whenever is convenient.

I supplement depending on what my diet is. If I need more protein I have some whey and on days I don't eat fish I take some fish oil. That's it, I get everything else I need from food. Get your diet on point and then you can use supplements for convenience and to easily fill in gaps

Good multivitamin with good forms of B vitamins, high vitamin D, zinc, etc etc. Fish oil. Magnesium glycinate before bed.

I always bring a .5L bottle of water and have to refill it at some point during the workout, so around 0.7L. Is it bad?
I do SS plus accessories
Yeah I'm pretty calm and introverted so getting hyped can be difficult, do pre-workouts make that big of a difference?
I dont know man, if it was for me I'd just get whey, creatine and a preworkout, I stil live with my parents and they're pretty insufferable with this stuff, I would have to be sneaky

I'd say my diet is pretty good, upside of being italian. downside is I'm surrounded by italians

Well if you feel like you're drinking enough then it might not be that. Personally I probably get through 1.5-2L per workout.
If you're chronically dehydrated, 0.7l can feel like enough but it might not be. Try drinking more water at all times, not just gym.

Depends on the preworkout. Some are full of crazy shit that will make you hyper and jittery. Some are just caffeine. You should get some caffeine pills. cheap and effective and harmless.

I'm not going to comment on the efficiency as I just got this, but I'll give you a quick rundown of the stuff

Impact whey tiramisu: mixes badly, tastes 8/10. I usually make shakes with it or add it to my oatmeal, it's good stuff. Overall 7/10

Diet protein strawberry shortcake: mixes perfectly, tastes 10/10. I usually use this as a meal replacement shake (it has carbs and stuff) for cutting. Overall 10/10

Peppered beef jerky: mixes absolutely terrible, tastes 8/10. Has way too much sodium and MSG. I had the regular flavor too and that was also delicious. I prefer the peppered because it makes it a little spicy. I never tried jerky before and I fell in love with this stuff. I highly recommend picking some up.

I bought all this during their summer sale last week and paid $56 for all of that. I'm not sure if the sale is still on but if it isn't, wait until the next sale and stock up. They have frequent sales.

None right now.

Vitamin D from October to March.

Food

So is there a Veeky Forums approved protein to buy? I've been buying Body Fortress from Walmart but it tastes like straight death unless I mix the chocolate with milk and legit chocolate syrup.

>milk and legit chocolate syrup

have you tried not being a complete fat as fatass?
[spoiler]u fat piece of shit[/spoiler]

Vit D3
Fish oil
Men's multi vit (no iron)
Magnesium/Zinc
B12

Just get anything that isn't amino spiked and you're good to go baka. Pinch your nose and chug it down like you'd do to cheap alcohol if you can't stand the taste.

>Personally I probably get through 1.5-2L per workout

I drank about 250ml last session. Drinking much more makes me feel sick when bracing for squats/deads. I don't sweat that much though, aren't you in and out of the toilets a lot?

Crazy dreams man instead of dreams lasting 30 secs to 2 minutes it feels like you have one long dream all night

Yeah not him but I go piss before, during if long, and after a workout. I drink about the same. I don't see the problem though.

Changed brand of my BCAA, big mistake. My breathing goes heavy and I start to wheeze after I drink it. Stay away from Scivation's stuff.

I just bought a 5kg bag of it
I like it but it's very sweet

creatine, BCAA's for fasted training, lion's mane mushroom, caffeine pill (half before workout), green tea, sulbutiamine, all from myprotein. I recommend the unflavored standard whey.

you might want to look into IF / fasted training for the tiredness in workout. or half a caffein pill just before.

I've gone through all the chondroitin and ZMA and tribulus terrestris etc etc scam bullshit, and at the end of the day I'm left with: any protein powder, fish oil, creatine monohydrate, and beta-alanine. And take your vitamins if you're deficient. And if you're deficient in magnesium/zinc then ZMA too, but make sure the magnesium is in a different form than oxide since that has a 4% bioavailability.

are caffeine pills sold in pharmacies or should I go on the internet?
I guess the brand doesnt make much difference..

also I've been trying to drink more throughout the day.
before I just drank at meals and during workout, now I try to go through at least 1.5L at home not counting meals

what's the deal with beta-alanine and bcaa? are they good preworkouts?

Fiber, creatine, D3.

You can buy caffeine pills pretty much anywhere that sells drugs. I like going to places like CVS and Walgreens because their generic store brand is usually a lot cheaper than something like Nodoz.

>Peppered beef jerky: mixes absolutely terrible

>wanna start having a shake pre workout, always get tired halfway through
I suggest you consult a physician immediately, getting tired from working out is abnormal

Beta-alanine is okay, but it's not timing dependent. It's just like creatine, where you just need to take some every day to raise your resting levels.

The reason they put it in pre-workouts is to give people that tingle in their finger tips that makes them think they just took something really hard.

BCAA doesn't have any evidence that it's any better than protein generally. There's evidence that eating (or drinking) a lot of protein, especially whey proteins, sometime around your workout (before or after) is slightly better than the same amount of protein whenever. It's fairly weak evidence, but I figure it can't hurt, so why not.

Not much is really that useful specifically as a pre-workout. Protein like I just said. Stimulants, like caffeine, maybe DMAA. Maybe an anti-inflammatory like Aleve.

It's usually cheaper on the Internet, and most of your standard brands are decent. The only real difference the brand makes is that some make their pills less crumbly, so it's easier to cut in half.

I usually take bcaa after training when I just can't manage to get a protein shake down. Sometimes I drink it while lifting but don't think it really works as a preworkout

Mocha is fucking goat

I bought unflavoured instant oats and it tastes like aids

both me.
sounds good, I'll leave bcaa and beta-al to a later consideration.
Might get some caffeine tabs though, I'll go to my local pharmacy and see and compare with internet prices

dammit I dont know what to choose

Beta-alanine is cheap as shit as is creatine, just get those. They're some of the most researched supplements. BCAA is whatever, it can't hurt but it doesn't help except in very specific cases and also costs a shitton.

Bought my first supplements today.

Unflavoured, Natural Banana, and Chocolate Orange.

Only tried the banana with water so far, but it was alright. Not great or anything, but palatable.

Vitamin D3
Whey
Beta-Analin
Citrulin
Arginin
(Creatine) - only while bulking

I dont know, I may go for moka or vanilla qas far as whey is concerned.
unflavoured creatine and coffeine tabs.
that should be it

Don't both comparing prices, order like 50g of caffeine powder online for 10$ at powder city
Shit will last you months

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
PLEASE GOD
STOP MYPROTEIN SHILLING
MYPROTEIN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED IN ANY IMAGE FILE
CAPTCHA: SELECT ALL SHILLS
MYPROTEIN SELECTED
CAPTCHA PASSED
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

DO NOT REPLY TO SHILL POSTS
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
you are now aware this is a myprotein shill thread

>wanna start having a shake pre workout, always get tired halfway through
try dextrose 25-50mg.

Men's 50+ Multi, L-Arginine, and Lecithin granules. With in the past month I started Fish Oil, Vitamin D3, and NAC.

Probably gonna buy some vanilla flavor of this stuff in OPs post
Why should I be taking fish oils?