Who/What do you think of when you lift?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6vMo7Qp0zA
vimeo.com/87982998
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My waifu

I don't usually think about anything but moving the weigth up and down.

Last week i remembered a Veeky Forums post while benching and almost drop the wrigth for the kek i had.

Christina :(

OP here, when I lift I think of one of five things:

>girls who ignored me or treated me like garbage
>guys who bullied me or made me feel weak
>the hottest girl currently in the gym
>myself in the future, shredded like zyzz
>nothing

>you're resting, you can breathe normally now
>that last rep was tough, gotta relax before the next set
>quit looking at your phone, it'll tell you when time's up

This

My husbando

I enter a meditative space from where I watch my ego begging me to stop.

fantastical scenarios where I perform superhuman feats and earn the praise of those around me. I only daydream when I do cardio though. When I'm lifting I'm thinking about real life, whats next, how many are left, shit I did at school/work that day, etc.

:( I miss him so much

too soon

>new PRs to enter into symmetric strength when I get home
>sometimes I pretend I'm the Doom Marine
>knowing that every set done means another waitress or cashier that will lose her spaghetti around me

I think about how much I hate myself

I think about every girl I've ever looked at and thought that they were pretty
And I think about how not a single one has ever looked at me that way

I think about how I'm a worthless, fat, ugly human being

I think about what would happen if I killed myself. I realize that nobody besides my immediate family would even care. I'm a failure.

I listen to stuff like this, and lift weights until I hurt
youtube.com/watch?v=y6vMo7Qp0zA

>You were picked last in every gym class
>The teachers said it was okay because "they only puched him one at a time" while the rest held you down, helpless
>Every pretty girl in school dated a ripped football player
>Coach benched you if we were down by 1 with 2 minutes
>He replaced you with the fat kid who made shit rushes and lost the puck in the neutral zone
>Your dad loved your athletic brother more
>You were pathetic
>You still are
>Are you ever going to make up for it?

definitely my ex.

I need to prove her wrong

Pretty much this.

>Clear my mind
>Focus on the lift
>Match my breathing with the reps
>Lose myself in the grind
>Feel the lactic acid build up
>Force myself to do the last reps

Goal wise it's because I really want to hit some milestones like 2pl8 bench and 1pl8 OHP.

When I'm in the gym, it's all about lifting harder than the person mext to me. Could care less if theyre deloading, smaller, bigger, crippled; idgaf I just need to go harder than that person.

I will admit though, going hard at the weights is much easier with hotties around. When the gym is void of creamy poonani, my motivation has to be really centered.

for her
who here /nevergoingtomakeit/?

this.

Is that really trappy and is he really gone? Can someone explain please?

Breathing.

This is the most beta thing I've ever read.
It's also wildly unsustainable. Forget girlfriend, lift to move forward and meet new people.

>he

He got doxxed and user sent lewd pics of him to his sister

are you me or smth? get off my head you dipshit

you're definitely not going with a shitty attitude like that. stop focusing on some fucking girl that doesn't give a fuck about you unless you're using accumulated rage as your workout fuel. don't move miles for her if she won't move an inch for you.

accept that no one, FUCKING NO ONE, can save you from your shitty life except you. not some qt from a rich family like anime and shit.

i've seen people who are ugly as sin make it, people poor as piss make it, all first hand.

you're going to fucking make it but only when you decide it's going to happen.

>him
kill yourself, dick

How can we verify this? How was he doxxed? Can we see those lewds?

can also be directed to:

Go away trap you stupid faggot

>he
you sly little motherfuckers

the ladies I impress on a daily basis because of my facial gains and muscle gains

ANDWERE JUST GETTIN STARTED BOYS

5'11
175LB
10% BODYFAT

GAIN TRAIN

DON'T NEED NO STERONS
JJST PROTONS

>when she touches your arms and chest
>when she calls you buff
>tfw you aren't even "buff" and look like shit shirtless (thanks vascular arms)
>you better get this set you fat sack of shit don't be a pussy
>about making it one day

I know it's not much but being a former fatty your whole childhood life the little complements are nice

>5'11
of course you dont need sterons lmao

how weak I am

The king who cared.

Good post mang

Batman has helped keep me going for the past few years, Tbh. I know it's autistic as fuck, but when I'm feeling beat, I just start thinking "He would do it. He wasn't born with strength, or endurance, or speed. I have to earn it like he did." And if I've had a bad day at the gym, I just tell myself that wouldn't stop him, and he'd go back right at the same time, so I should to.

I don't have girls mirin me, so I don't think about that. I don't think I'd notice if they did. But that doesn't really matter if I'm still going.

>thinking while lifting

I've stopped doing this. Stop thinking. Stop articulating thoughts. The only thing I think is how I should take my next breath.

I used to think about stuff like exes, competition, goals, etc etc. Now I've trained myself to create and nuture a general feeling of raw hatred, raw anger and power. I DO still think about actual things and people, but when I do its like a blur of all that shit at once.

I cant really explain it but its like as if I'm just releasing as much negative energy as possible. Tunnel vision, almost. It's hard to keep up for the whole time, but for the heavy lifts, I'm in my own crazy world

>there they are again
>there she is again
>i want to talk to her again
>i hope i can lose my virginity one day
>time to walk home alone for the 20th year in a row

A big meaty cock.

Mine, specifically. Inside a woman.

Or inside a man.

But I think about that 100% of the time, there's no specific correlation with fitness.

Just b urself.

I think of completing the movement with the best form and intensity I can.

jesus christ user
i-it's going to be ok, we're all going to make it brah

qt3.14 AZN boipucci

whats going in my mind when im lifitan

>Oh GOD IM GOING TO DIE, NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN
>WHY THE FUCK AM I UNDER A VOLUNTARY BLUNT GUILLOTINE
>OH GOD I CAN SEE THE NEWSPAPER HEADLINES "AUTISTIC PERSON DIES THE WAY HE LIVED"
MFW NO SPOTTER

>Fuark im gonna be juicy brah
on my last rep

ur mom

Kek wtf is this?

about the joint im going to smoke after i finish.

what I want to look like as a direct result of lifting

Nothing.

Or cues for the relevant lift, if I need cueing.

Protectin my bby girl

My gf

My girlfriend's sister.
Whores.
My gay friend.

Care to explain?

How short human life is, and how meaningless our little dust globe is on the edge of the universe.

Not a fag by any means but would make out and cuddle with it

You're not alone, user. Exact same thing for me.

I pretend that Rip is my dad or uncle and I'm trying to earn his approval, because my IRL dad has never told me that he is proud of me.

Have you done anything to make him proud?

In a good day
My rogue, new patch and I'm still trying to figure out the optimal rotation.

In a bad day
Stupid work shit that I need to deal or something retarded my gf has been doing that is bothering me.

Nothing that he would consider worthwhile. That is, I don't labour for twelve hours a day in the hot sun. He's about 70 years old, and I'm 30. I think it's just a big generation gap.

Teach me senpai

fuck. shes cute.

I was the black sheep of the family and to the day I moved out my dad was always telling me what a screw up I was. I finally did have enough and leave. the next time we spoke a year later was to show him my newborn baby and fiancee I was supporting with a decent job. Didn't know if he wanted anything to do with us but just felt he should know I was doing alright in life. He was so surprised and happy he had us stay for a couple days so him and my mom could get to know his grandchild. Were good now and I gained his respect I feel, but my point is just be a good man who takes responsibility and the rest will follow.

My own failures

Yeah, to be fair, I've fucked up numerous times. I could be a case study in what not to do.

But congratulations, I'm glad things are going well for you. Good luck.

vimeo.com/87982998

Sometimes about my ex (less each time, thankfully), sometimes about being a warrior and how my training will mean an advantage in the battle and sometimes about finishing the set (when I'm close to failure) and performing it in perfect form.

SHOOOOOP AAAAHHH

Does this actually work?

She's hot.
Whores are nicer to me and give me compliments when I've been working out.
She's my oneitis that I still haven't gotten over.

>26yo and still haven't figured out how to be happy

This, that's why lifting is so therapeutic for me. I don't have to worry about anything else except what's right in front of me.

THE AZTEC GODS OF FITNESS AWAKEN MY MASTERS

I think about everything that I might be doing wrong and stress about that the whole time I'm lifting
I also think about how everyone else is stronger than me and how much I hate myself

It's a grand old time really

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

i think of pounding this little faggots ass

Myself.

Yes

When you mix love and blind rage together something magical happens and you tap into strength locked away by insecurities and anxieties. All that's left is the desire to be the best you can be to protect and provide for someone else

Waifuism is excellent for self-improvement

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

How do you trick yourself into having a waifu?

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

AWAKEN MY MASTERS!

same here, when im lifting the rest of my problems just kind of fade away. it's a great respite from a high stress job

Just by consuming entertainment you should find at least one girl worthy of being a waifu. Being a hopeless romantic I daydream about my perfect partner and what we'd do, what our future would be like, etc. You might need to have a certain level of autism to stick to it though

Personally I was fed up with not being able to find anybody that really complements me since I'm introverted and antisocial at times. Vidya and anime are made for people like me so it wasn't hard to find a character that I connected with

I lift so that I don't become fat and sedentary like all my coworkers. I lift because I want to be able to play with my children, not just sit on the park bench and yell to them. I lift because I want my kids to brag to their friends about how their dad could beat up someone else's dad. I lift so I can become something different from my father.

My dad was never an inspiration to me, he was too busy at work or avoiding his family. He died at the age of 35, but nobody bothered to let him know until 20 years later, when he had a heart attack. I lift so I never disappoint my children like my dad did.

Lydia... :(

My phone has broke for a while now and a few friends blocked all my social media on everything else... The Idea of seeing her once again and just getting the chance to say sorry makes me want to do another set and another and another.

IDK anons she's one of the only girls i've had feelings for, she's one of the only girls i've ever really, truly loved since being a kid...

AWAKEN MY MASTERS

I feel that, and I appreciate your response.

> a certain level if autism

Lmao, I like the way you speak dilla. I'll continue the search, best of luck user :)

Likewise

Waifus are a beautiful thing

Haha you fucking nerd

I read comics before I go lift. With Batman being one of my favorite, I know this feel.

80% my childhood

I read 4th line as if he literally benchpressed you, which was sick as fuck.