What are the most legit supplements Veeky Forums?

What are the most legit supplements Veeky Forums?

Thinking of picking up pic related for dem anti-estrogen effects

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/review/R36NI3R3CR7Q9P/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00FL4M1EI&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=3760901&store=hpc
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27175106
bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-are-the-best-bcaa-food-sources.html
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/omega-3-fats/
arch-anim-breed.fbn-dummerstorf.de/pdf/2006/at06p508.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Testosterone enanthate and aromasin are prettt good supplements

I know that senpai, but I'm saving that sorta shit till I'm older

Estrogen is not a bad thing unless you have too much of it.

i like zma

I've been bulking a while so I have fairly high bodyfat, just wanna have some insurance

Arimidex is pretty good for gains if you're scared of cycling.

I can't get that legit though, I'm talking stuff you can get on amazon

Not that I'm scared of cycling, but I'd rather do that a) once I'm living on my own b) once I'm fully grown

>caffeine
>creatine
>vit d3 (maybe, it's cheap, what the hell)
>bcaas (maybe)
>zinc (maybe)
>chelated magnesium (helps you sleep, helps you poop)
>probiotic (maybe, not sure if the supplements are really an improvement on yogurt or kimchi)
>psyllium husk (fiber)

Otherwise, steroids. Maybe some peptides.

Well then creatine, protein, maybe vitamin d. Bcaa's are a meme. You get more than you need from your normal protein sources.

Also meant to include zma

Betahydroxybuterate is legit, but proper BHB is so fucking expensive, you'll never have enough money for it to be worth it, unless you're 6 weeks out and aiming for 1st place and overall.

If you buy the cheap stuff, it's mixed L and D forms, which cancel each other out (one is beneficial and the other is harmfull), so you don't get shit out of it.

Creatine is legit.

D3 will help if you're pale / don't go in the sun a lot.

BCAAs are a literal meme. That shit's pure snake oil.

Probiotics can work but most people let them sit for too long and the live cultures die.

>Bcaa's are a meme
No, BCAA are usefull for people who actually train enough for them to matter.

If you can't train 10-14 times per week without overtraining, you'll get no benefit from periworkout BCAAs.

What's it like having expensive urine?

If you have a unbalanced diet, then protein and a multivitamin is what you need.

If you have a balanced diet, then you don't really need anything. Creatine has been proven to actually better your workout results, but it's not needed.

>BCAAs are a literal meme. That shit's pure snake oil.
Ehh.... They seemed to make a difference for me when I was on a caloric deficit, and some otherwise smart and trustworthy people I know recommend them. They wouldn't be the first thing I'd buy, but I think they're worth trying at some point.

>Probiotics can work but most people let them sit for too long and the live cultures die.
Interestingly, I'm told that this is a myth. Yes, this is just some rando on the Internet, but then so are we: amazon.com/review/R36NI3R3CR7Q9P/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00FL4M1EI&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=3760901&store=hpc

>Creatine is legit.
Unless you eat red meat, then it's just worthless powder, that you'll piss out.
>D3 will help if you're pale / don't go in the sun a lot.
Unless you're a sub 200lbs twink, you don't produce enough D3 to support your own needs, even if you work shirtless outside for 6-8 hours per day.
Anybody who's serious about being muscular should add at least 4000 I.Us, more if you're over 220 lean.
>BCAAs are a literal meme. That shit's pure snake oil.
8g of Leucine initiates mTor, other exogenous aminoacids are never too bad.

Let me guess, you don't even bench press 4pl8, right?

Not really Veeky Forums, but is there any shit that gives you wacky dreams?

>Unless you eat red meat, then it's just worthless powder, that you'll piss out.
IIRC, you need to eat something like two kilos of pork to ingest three grams of creatine, more than two kilos of beef. If you actually do that, congratulations, user, sounds tasty--but you'll allow that most people don't.

BCAAs do essentially nothing unless you are fasting, or aren't getting enough protein(which you would be an idiot to buy BCAAs over whey with how much more expensive BCAAs are), there's actual science on this. They're 100% not worth the money at all.

BCAA's are also in meat, if you eat meat, you dont need supplements for them

Try balancing a diet for a very active (1.7-2.2 mutliplier) 242lbs man at 12-14% body fat.

Then have him actually consume that balanced diet without leftovers, costipation, diarrhea and actually having enough time to eat all the meals.

Come back when you're finished banging your head against the wall when your realise that if you do, he'll do nothing but eat, shit and sleep, so you'll have to adjust both his weight and his energy expenditure in a few weeks.

> estrogen
> not bad
woah what a low test beta you are

Melatonin can help, but it won't do the trick on its own. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl in the States) can also help, but probably not good for your brain if used chronically.

(Both are also semi-useful as sleep aids. Melatonin can be used chronically and works best taken at low doses, like 0.5 mg, at the same time every night. Diphenhydramine is better used as a once-in-a-while knockout pill.).

Is two kilos of pork that much?
500g of pork per meal still leaves two meals with no pork.

I mean, you are a weightlifter, right?

>They seemed to make a difference for me when I was on a caloric deficit

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27175106

>BCAA's are also in meat, if you eat meat, you dont need supplements for them

No they aren't

Branch chain amino acids are not found in meat

Is DHEA legit?

what? BCAA-s are a lot cheaper than protein

Datura
Salvia

>Unless you eat red meat, then it's just worthless powder, that you'll piss out

Well that's kinda the point of creatine. You supplement with it to saturate your body with the maximum amount of creatine it will hold. Any excess is urinated out.

MK677 is Veeky Forums and gives most people intense dreams. I naturally somewhat lucid dream (not full control but generally understand I'm dreaming and can change things here and there) but MK677 gives me some bonkers dreams I can't control. I'll know I'm dreaming and know I *should* be able to control it, but crazy shit will be happening without my permission and it's the strangest shit ever.

>there's actual science on this
I'd like to see some sources. I've seen what Lyle McDonald has to say about it, and I wasn't very convinced.
Meanwhile, on the pro-BCAA side, we have (for instance)
Wilson, Jacob M., et al. "Effects of amino acids and their metabolites on aerobic and anaerobic sports." Strength & Conditioning Journal 34.4 (2012): 33-48.
Kimball, Scot R., and Leonard S. Jefferson. "Regulation of protein synthesis by branched-chain amino acids." Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care 4.1 (2001): 39-43.
Wilson, Gabriel J., et al. "Leucine or carbohydrate supplementation reduces AMPK and eEF2 phosphorylation and extends postprandial muscle protein synthesis in rats." American Journal of Physiology-Endocrinology And Metabolism 301.6 (2011): E1236-E1242.

Not conclusive, of course--no scientific literature is, really--but it's not like the other side doesn't have science.

The 'science' your quoting checked stupid low doses, user.
It's the same kind of science that came up with results that deca-durabolin doesn't work at all, since they gave 20-40 mg per week to old people and saw no results

Ok then, crash your estro and tell me how you feel.

You know what is inside of you user? its called autism

bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-macro-manager-what-are-the-best-bcaa-food-sources.html

I took that stuff a few years while cutting. Totally cleared up my adult acne. Don't know exactly what it did if anything for weightloss but at the age of 24 I finally had clear skin

Super Male Vitality. Look it up. The ingredients are all actually totally legit (look at examine.com).

>D3 if you're pale
Noooooo that's the opposite. Pale people produce D3 more easily, minorities are deficient far more often because theyre dark skin blocks the sun. Also, most everyone gets 'sub-optimal' amounts without being clinically deficient.

Well, that and supporting pregnancy.

Check out "Creatine supplementation during pregnancy:summary of experimental studies suggesting a treatment to improve fetal and neonatal morbidity and reduce mortality in high-risk human pregnancy"
It's a review article and is something I recommend to every single female I know plans to have child.

Cheap power = less risk + stronger child + smarter child.

>citing an article from a journal with an impact rating of 1.5, that can't even do proper grammar.

Sure buddy

is fish oil a spicy meme or legit?

The only OTC supplements that make a difference are:
-Fish oil for lubing them joints.
-Protein Powder if you need it, though 1g per BW w/o is rather easy.
-Creatine, but only if you drink enough water. Not drinking enough is counterproductive.
-Melatonin for sleep.
-Ammonia Caps for them PRs.

Non OTC:
-Testosterone.

Why don't you do some research and decide for yourself?

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/omega-3-fats/

Interesting, thanks.

Yes they absolutely are: arch-anim-breed.fbn-dummerstorf.de/pdf/2006/at06p508.pdf
Mind, free BCAAs are metabolized differently than BCAAs bound up in larger protein molecules, or so Norton, Wilson, and Feigenbaum claim. So the metabolic effects of BCAA supplementation might be different than the metabolic effects of ingesting BCAAs bound up in muscle tissue.

>pic related

If you supplement fish oils, be sure to get a good source of Arachidonic acid too. It's crucial to the immune system part of muscle growth and both DHA and EPA bump it out of cell membranes (leading to short term anabolic effects in the elderly but long term gain stalling in everybody).

Just look at examine since it aggregates most studies, all the effects listed are of minor magnitude. Unless you've got money to blow, go ahead, but it's really not going to do much, if anything and probably not worth the money. These people who say "oh I really feel the effect of X" are almost always just perceiving a placebo effect, or just trying to sell you something.

>Not even reading the link

It's a critique of that paper. The original paper claimed that supplementing with BCAAs while restricting calories helped maintain lean body mass concurrent with fat loss.

The link is a critique of those findings which challenges the statistical methods used in the original paper and shows that the data from the original paper actually supports the opposite conclusion.

>tfw people on Veeky Forums are more concerned with proving something wrong using shit like impact ratings rather than actually reading what was linked

>Arachidonic acid
I was more-so listing things that have been time tested to absolutely work for everyone and not bro-science or something a study or two may have covered.

Activated Almonds

Ok, so I'll put it in terms your meme-oriented mind will understand.

Omega-6 are just as essential as Omega-3. Eat peanut butter on a bulk.

>being 5 years behind science and more than 10 years behind practice
>not knowing the common names of all essential fatty acids

Does anyone have the 'datura gym experience' story?

>meme-oriented
lolwut. Someone sounds hostile to a simple discussion. All I was saying was everyone would benefit from listed items. Not everyone will benefit from pb. Later nerd.

Ofcourse I do.

>Not everyone will benefit from pb
Name one kind of Veeky Forums person who would not benefit from supplementing arachidonic acid along with EPA and DHA.

WHC Unocardio 1000 + Vit D3
Whey/Caesin Protein Power (get one that contains BCAA's)
Creatine
Animal Flex

Everything else is meme tier
200mg Caffeine Pills

this shit is too good

Is there any legit source of arachidonic acid? Peanut butter does not have it, I've tried to find it for mental health but couldn't.

I'm still 10kg away from a normal bmi range. Should I use my money on a thermogenic or supplement protein to get better and faster results?

no, use them on oveall health supplements, such as vitamin K2 or some stuff mentioned here. 10 kg is like nothing.